Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/28/2022 8:52:17 PM EDT
Just go into any Pa hunting Facebook group and post this “it’s time the Pa Game Commission allows semi auto for big game”

You’ll get a few responses before your post is removed. Examples are : “you can’t shoot” “you only need one round” “it’ll sound like a war zone”

It’s honestly just funny at this point. Fuck the game commission and fuck pa fudds who can’t understand who a semi auto works.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I refuse, REFUSE, to go out in gun season.  Last time I went (last century) I got out there, about 15 minutes after sunrise it sounded like Fallujah.  Come out and there's 3 guys with 7600s, or Amish BARs, by the road.  So I ask what they saw and they say 'Didn't see anything, but we heard something in the brush. " So they pumped and shot at a noise till the guns ran dry.  No more for me.
But those are the same Fudds you're talking about.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a dude take a shot at me while I was in a fucking tree stand in PA.

Same place where city guy shot a prize horse the next year.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:03:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Straight wall cartridges only!
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I refuse, REFUSE, to go out in gun season.  Last time I went (last century) I got out there, about 15 minutes after sunrise it sounded like Fallujah.  Come out and there's 3 guys with 7600s, or Amish BARs, by the road.  So I ask what they saw and they say 'Didn't see anything, but we heard something in the brush. " So they pumped and shot at a noise till the guns ran dry.  No more for me.
View Quote

I quit going out for deer many years ago. It is total clown shoes. I don’t even like going to the rifle range in late October. Too many idiots.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you shoot back?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:11:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's ohio.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Hunt state game lands at your own risk. PA is close to being lost anyway so plan accordingly gais.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Did you shoot back?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you shoot back?
I fucking near shot him in the face when he came bumbling up to my tree looking for what he "hit".

Same as the first poster, he saw movement behind the tree and took a shot at it. Dumb ass hank hill fudd.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#11]
It’s a cluster fuck to be sure.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:15:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Went to a club to shoot pistols at a walk through steel range.  They had a big sign that said NO DOE HUNTING.  The same guys then complain that they never see any Buck.  I know some other guys that lost their minds when the Sunday hunting went into effect.  They said its too hard on the deer, they need a break...
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#13]
A couple years ago when it looked like they would allow semi autos for deer, I put together a 7.62X39 AR and got it all ready to go with 154gr SP and a 1-4X scope.  THEN the fuckers shot it down!  We can hunt small game with 22 semi rifles, but not pistols.  I found this out after carrying my Browning Buckmark for most of the squirrel season!  Yotes and meadow grizzlies are fair game with semis, but thats it.  Hopefully someday before I'm too old we'll get to hunt like the other 49 states.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:19:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn ironic.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#15]
It's true, all of it. We still got a lot of fudds here.

We also still have *a lot* of deer. I'm only 10 miles outside of Philly in the suburbs and it's hard to drive 20 minutes around here without seeing at least one dead deer by the side of the rode.

I've seen three deer on my totally suburban street this year. Two just walking across the street at 1:30 in the afternoon and one large buck in my backyard. That one had a bad leg, doubt he is going to make it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
A couple years ago when it looked like they would allow semi autos for deer, I put together a 7.62X39 AR and got it all ready to go with 154gr SP and a 1-4X scope.  THEN the fuckers shot it down!  We can hunt small game with 22 semi rifles, but not pistols.  I found this out after carrying my Browning Buckmark for most of the squirrel season!  Yotes and meadow grizzlies are fair game with semis, but thats it.  Hopefully someday before I'm too old we'll get to hunt like the other 49 states.
View Quote

I don't hunt, as I don't know how to harvest the meat, but I have called the game commission several times to vote to allow semi autos. Its embarrassing that PA hunters can't use them. It is damn near the most fudd state, but we do have full NFA ownership so it's not all bad. But, like a poster said above, the state is teetering and I hope all firearm owners can unit to keep it a pro 2A state.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:38:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like a fucking circus out there.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:44:12 PM EDT
[#19]
It will sound like a war zone—-same fuckers unload the “clip” on their Fudd chucker pumps and can’t hit shit.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I hunt private land in pa with a 30-30 but hope I get to use my 12" suppressed grendel for dear at some point
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

In allegheny county. I go east and bring the 308.

Eta: someone i know was developing a pump for an ar. I'd like to get one set up in 350 legend and set it up with a can just to fuck with the fudd fucks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is. Hoping for tons more stories from dudes still living there. I just visit family now.

Honestly, it's just as fucking stupid here in GA. Dudes going after 100 pound deer with .300 RUM  and 7mm magnum in spots you can only shoot 75 yards due to visibility.
They shoot at the same ghosts and shadows.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:50:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Texas, Arkansas and Missouri have PA beat per cap
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Philadelphia is in PA… immediate disqualifier.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Moving to the great state of PA!
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:55:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It is. Hoping for tons more stories from dudes still living there. I just visit family now.

Honestly, it's just as fucking stupid here in GA. Dudes going after 100 pound deer with .300 RUM  and 7mm magnum in spots you can only shoot 75 yards due to visibility.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here. The artillery required to take an amazingly dangerous 110lb buck within 150 yards is hilarious
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:59:56 PM EDT
[#27]
State Game Lands hunting can be a shit show.  You drive up north and they are parked on the side of highways nose to nose as they all let loose into the woods.

I would never hunt state game lands, I've got 70 acres to do my hunting and shooting.

The Funds are real, dude tells me all about his bolt action 22-250...when I mention my semi auto SR25 with suppressor dude just frowns and says something about overkill.

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Sounds like I'm REALLY lucky I don't hunt PA.....
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Isn't PA fudd enough to still have a flintlock-only muzzleloader season?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Nah, you learn important skills, like how to avoid being shot.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:02:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Same here. The artillery required to take an amazingly dangerous 110lb buck within 150 yards is hilarious
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah mean ya'all just dont understand boah, ya got to put dat sumbitch dahn. Raht dere.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:06:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ah mean ya'all just dont understand boah, ya got to put dat sumbitch dahn. Raht dere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As they're wandering around looking for blood drops because they gut shot it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Explains why it is a blue state, yet has so many gun owners.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#34]
You are correct, PA is the fudd capital of the world and our leading 2A organization houses the King Fudd of them all. No changing of mind needed. They've cancelled rallies because us non-fudds were showing up "not wearing suits" and opening carrying ARs. They also actively undermined our very successful grass roots Pittsburgh Rally.

Fuck PA Fudds in the ass with a corn cob.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#35]
OP is correct. PA is chock full of the fuddiest Fudds in the country.  

Pennsyltuckians.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Isn't that where all the bolt action shotguns are?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sounds like I'm REALLY lucky I don't hunt PA.....
View Quote

Pa deer hunting is insane
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That's ohio.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's ohio.

Oh I've never hunted in either.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:13:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

My dad and I were fired upon because of these fucking fudds lining up on railroad tracks overlooking a field. We were crossing that field when I was 12 and a herd of deer started crossing opposite of us. All hell broke loose. Like you said, Fallujah. My dad laid on top of me as I heard bullets wizzing by.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Commonwealth retards warrant none of my time
*my boss and several relatives are from PA lol
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Went to a club to shoot pistols at a walk through steel range.  They had a big sign that said NO DOE HUNTING.  The same guys then complain that they never see any Buck.  I know some other guys that lost their minds when the Sunday hunting went into effect.  They said its too hard on the deer, they need a break...
View Quote

This is accurate.  I don't hunt anymore, but it always made me shake my head.  Hunters should be able to shoot a "deer", doe, buck, whatever.  It's so obviously retarded to make hunter's jump through hoops to get a doe permit. Things would return to a 50/50 balance in a few seasons with a simple "deer" tag that allows you to shoot buck or doe.  I personally see about 25:1 doe to buck ratio on my 83 acres of land here in northern PA  

Also, the very short rifle season with no Sunday hunting and no semi's allowed made me throw in the towel.  Fuck PA Fudd's.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 1:36:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Isn't PA fudd enough to still have a flintlock-only muzzleloader season?
View Quote

Yes there is a flintlock only season but there is also regular muzzleloader season.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 1:39:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That's ohio.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's ohio.

It’s PA now too in a lot of the areas that were shotgun only.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 1:53:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought for sure you were wrong on that but just looked it up and you're right. Guess I was giving some bad info in the PA HTF recently. I thought semiauto pistols were good to go for small game now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 1:57:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Explains why it is a blue state, yet has so many gun owners.
View Quote

Trump won PA in 2016 and cheating aside I feel quite confident he won it in 2020 too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 1:58:27 AM EDT
[#46]
You can use a semi auto for deer in PA but it has to be a shotgun.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:00:57 AM EDT
[#47]
The PGC seems to be slowly easing into the changes of allowing semiauto rifles, Sunday hunting, etc.. I think there's a good chance there will be semiauto deer hunting in the future.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:05:16 AM EDT
[#48]
There's a small fraction of the deer hunters that there used to be in my area. 20-25 years ago, at 5am on the first day of rifle season we'd be in a solid line of cars driving to where we were hunting, orange hats and jackets in every one of them. These days a friend and I still have the same routine, and we're practically the only ones on the road at that time.

Used to sound like a warzone on the first day of rifle season where I grew up. Now there's hardly anything.

It makes sense why the deer seem to be so much more of a hazard on the roads than they were years ago. When I was a kid, I'd zip around on roads at night and never really worry about hitting a deer. I've since hit 5 or 6, and despite slowing to a crawl I feel like we have a close call or two about every other time we're out at night here.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:08:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Growing up one of my parents hig rules was stay out of our woods in hunting season. That's back when the season was half as long as it is now. We always found people on our land who hadn't asked for permission to hunt. My parents never said no to anyone who asked, but plenty of people wouldn't be courteous enough to come to the house and ask

I'd expect that you'd find comments like the ones OP posted in just about any state
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:16:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Apparently even you don't know who a semi-auto works
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top