Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:23:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Mention " muzzleloader"  and then post an inline. They lose their minds. You fukrs know who you are.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:34:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Only go pheasant hunting on public land anymore. Deer hunting is done on a buddy’s 100acre property up in Bradford.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:36:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Texas, Arkansas and Missouri have PA beat per cap
View Quote

I doubt it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:40:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I had a dude take a shot at me while I was in a fucking tree stand in PA.

Same place where city guy shot a prize horse the next year.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:45:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I mean they are on pace to elect a guy named fetterman to the senate.. so that pretty much sums it up.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:40:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I quit going during the rifle season here in Tennessee.  Way too many idiots in the woods starting the last Saturday in  November.  I only go during the archery season and sometimes during the 2 muzzle loader seasons.

Me and the wife were going out to eat after visiting my parents that live on the Tn/Ky line. We passed through a small town called Gainesboro, TN. I stopped at a little mom and pop store that was also a State big game check in station. Got out of the car and walked past a truck that had a small crowd standing around the bed of the truck. They were laughing their asses off at the guy that owned the truck.

Went in, got our drinks and was coming back to our car a d could see in the bed. The guy had shot someone's goat and had the tag on it. When I got back in the car and told the wife she called BS . I told her I would drive slow so she could get a look. As we passed by the truck, she looked and turned to me with her eyes wide open and said "That dumbass killed someone's goat!"

As we got passed the truck we could see the plates on the truck. Michigan.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:59:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Oklahoma has plenty of funds too. I have a cousin that's a fudd. He hunts with a 7mm mag and if he sees you not wearing blaze orange in the woods he says: where's your orange? Heh heh
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:03:23 AM EDT
[#8]
How about you PA boys just use whatever guns you want?

Are you getting checked by ol green jeans that often?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:18:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I refuse, REFUSE, to go out in gun season.  Last time I went (last century) I got out there, about 15 minutes after sunrise it sounded like Fallujah.  Come out and there's 3 guys with 7600s, or Amish BARs, by the road.  So I ask what they saw and they say 'Didn't see anything, but we heard something in the brush. " So they pumped and shot at a noise till the guns ran dry.  No more for me.
But those are the same Fudds you're talking about.
View Quote

I had the same experience back in high school. Dad took me hunting in PA and for 4 days all we did was dodge assholes shooting at any and everything from sun up to sun down. I finally said this isn't hunting to me. Dad agreed and we never went to PA to hunt again. We both loved hunting but not in PA.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:25:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I did my hunters safety course in PA when I was young. I remembering it being extremely fuddy
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:33:09 AM EDT
[#11]

And in WW IV it will be used as a club. In the meantime, the ammo is so darn expensive, even to reload, my .45 auto is relegated to a safe queen. For going on three years now I can't find primers at all, much less at a reasonable price. None of the gun stores in the area haven't had a tray of primers to sell in all that time. One store finally selling ammo even.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:33:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I have never hunted in PA but these stories are not unique to PA, I have heard the same things said about hunters in Virginia and in Texas.

I do find it amusing how many people here are complaining about PA hunters supposed biases while demonstrating the same sort of biases they are bitching about in the same post.

PA hunters choose larger calibers you don't like so that is bad but your AR chambering is fine.  Why should you care what caliber they choose?  

Wearing orange in the woods for safety is bad but then when someone takes a pot shot at you in your doe brown mossy oak you are surprised.  I am not saying that shooting at unidentified targets is ever acceptable but the expectation seems to be that hunters have some orange and if you don't see it then it isn't a person.  Again it not acceptable to shoot at movement regardless but when in Rome you really need to do as the Romans do or face the potential consequences.

Complaining about how it is like a war zone in the woods and then wanting the powers that be to legalize semi-autos.  

Let me be clear, I am entirely fine with that but you do realize that will (if the posts are to be believed) make things 10 times worse without a magazine size cap because instead of 3 or 4 rounds they can instead dump 30.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:46:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Texas, Arkansas and Missouri have PA beat per cap
View Quote

You must be talking about Eastern Arkansas. Between the gangs, drug wars, and city folk, they manage to shoot year-round at anything that moves. Some idiot shot up a hospital today and killed one person in Sherwood on the Eastside. The five most dangerous cities in the state are all in East AR. I have a ranch in West Central AR and during deer season rarely hear more than two shots a day.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:24:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Except for so much farmland being turned into housing plans as people leave the shithole cities - it already has sounded like a war zone.
It's gotten to be quieter since there is less and less public access hunting and many farms are posted with access for "police rod and gun club" members only.  
So you limit magazines to 5 round only

It used to be crazy my way with the amount of shooting and strangers showing up.   Last two seasons I only heard 1-2 shots within 1/2 mile or so.    Fewer people try to go onto the municipal water authority ground.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:35:27 AM EDT
[#15]
IDK about that.  Down where I was raised in Cajun country they looked at you sideways if you DIDN’T “sound shoot”.  Even though there were well documented stories of deaths occurring in the area because of it.  Mega fudd idiots.  Oh well coonasses gotta eat too same as worms.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:49:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Growing up one of my parents hig rules was stay out of our woods in hunting season. That's back when the season was half as long as it is now. We always found people on our land who hadn't asked for permission to hunt. My parents never said no to anyone who asked, but plenty of people wouldn't be courteous enough to come to the house and ask

I'd expect that you'd find comments like the ones OP posted in just about any state
View Quote

That’s the problem, once you say yes to one Fudd, they soon return, and in greater numbers.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:56:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Same here. The artillery required to take an amazingly dangerous 110lb buck within 150 yards is hilarious
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a fucking circus out there.
It is. Hoping for tons more stories from dudes still living there. I just visit family now.

Honestly, it's just as fucking stupid here in GA. Dudes going after 100 pound deer with .300 RUM  and 7mm magnum in spots you can only shoot 75 yards due to visibility.
They shoot at the same ghosts and shadows.

Same here. The artillery required to take an amazingly dangerous 110lb buck within 150 yards is hilarious

They need a 300WM/7mm in case they ever go out west to shoot elk...which they never do.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:57:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:01:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fish cops will post themselves at places where they see a few vehicles parked and wait around at sundown to check licenses and weapons.

I hunt in a relatively remote area of a state forest and have been checked several times on my way out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:04:31 AM EDT
[#20]
I believe it.   Definitely have their own hunting culture.   I used to love to go up to Clearfield and hunt "buck season" with a buddy I worked who was from there.   I didnt understand why the deer went nocturnal so quickly until a few opening days

Archery ended up being my favorite there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:11:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Pretty much gave up gun season unless I go upstate to friend's cabin.
Mostly archery and a little flintlock season after Xmas.
Where I live now, it used to be a warzone the 1st day and Saturdays during deer season. Cars lined up both sides of the road.
Lucky if you get 4 cars anymore the 1st day.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:43:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Moving to the great state of PA!
View Quote

What area are you moving to?

I contact the GC at least once a year about changing the regulations, the state legislature signed off on it.

The fudds are everywhere!

Muh Game Commission sent out a questionnaire to determine whether PA hunters wanted to allow semi auto's for large game.
Apparently the "hunters" were strongly opposed. But the fuck if i know anyone who received/filled out/or even saw the questionnaire.

Fucking Amish are buying leasing entire mountainsides, and literally form a line along a ridge and just sweep the deer down to their guys!
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:01:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Threads like this make me love Alabama private land
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:06:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Going to the range is entertaining with a can or two and a SBR lower. “You need a special license for that?”. It also brings out the delta seal moon assault ultra breacher pipe hitters that helped Armstrong battle aliens encountered with Apollo 11. Super duper ultra top secret pinky swear security clearances you know.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:11:55 AM EDT
[#25]
VA isn’t much better.  We can’t use rifles smaller than 24 caliber.  Also, pretty much the entire eastern half of the state is shotgun only.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:20:32 AM EDT
[#26]
You would think MS The would be pretty Fuddy but we're not. We can hunt with with any caliber, any gun (NFA included), Sunday, generous bag limits, no mag limits, and season (some restrictions apply) runs from Oct 1-Jan 31.
 I can't imagine all the BS some of you guys have to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Official PA Fudd gun hunting motto is "If its brown, its down"

All the stories of it sounding like a warzone are true. I hated going out for fun season as the second you could legally shoot (its listed in the handbook) all hell would be unleashed. Deer drives full or retards pointing guns up at other hunters in trees. Shooting at "noise" and "I saw movement."

I started hunting during the archery only season, but small game and bird hunters are just as bad.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:40:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I refuse, REFUSE, to go out in gun season.  Last time I went (last century) I got out there, about 15 minutes after sunrise it sounded like Fallujah.  Come out and there's 3 guys with 7600s, or Amish BARs, by the road.  So I ask what they saw and they say 'Didn't see anything, but we heard something in the brush. " So they pumped and shot at a noise till the guns ran dry.  No more for me.
But those are the same Fudds you're talking about.
View Quote

Hunting in central NY was like that when I last did it in around 1980. It was shotgun only in our area, but boy could folks lay down fire. Listening to 1 oz slugs clattering through the branches overhead was enough for me.

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:49:48 AM EDT
[#29]
My qualifications as a hunter? You mean growing up in Missouri as the son of a life member of the NRA, Marine, and hunter learning to shoot at 7. Or do you mean the 26 years in the Army including 4 combat tours and Ranger School? Miss me with your condescension little guy.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:51:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Fudds and pussies afraid to hunt during gun season. Takes all kinds.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They need a 300WM/7mm in case they ever go out west to shoot elk...which they never do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a fucking circus out there.
It is. Hoping for tons more stories from dudes still living there. I just visit family now.

Honestly, it's just as fucking stupid here in GA. Dudes going after 100 pound deer with .300 RUM  and 7mm magnum in spots you can only shoot 75 yards due to visibility.
They shoot at the same ghosts and shadows.

The one guy I know that does regularly go out west for elk just uses a .270 Winchester.

Of course, if we only bought the guns we absolutely needed, we’d have a lot more money to spend on other things we didn’t need.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:59:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Firearms season really isn’t that bad. I won’t disagree on some of the Fudd behavior but I haven’t had many bad experiences in public or private. Definitely less hunters out each and every year, though. I’m not mad about less competition and better access to certain tracts of public.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#33]
1. Turn your gas block upside down.
2. Go hunting.
3.  …?
4.  Profit.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That's ohio.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Straight wall cartridges only!

That's ohio.

We've got plenty of Fudds here too, but I think OP is on the whole correct - PA wins.

ETA: It's funny how the gun world is in this country, too.  I came to my interest/enthusiasm for firearms from the time I was a kid, and from a standpoint of the art and practice of self defense, mainly.  I have never hunted anything in my life and I never will.  It's just funny how different gun owners and 2A proponents can be.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:19:10 AM EDT
[#35]
“It’s different in Pennsylvania people will be slaughtered if they allow that”
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:19:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
OP is correct. PA is chock full of the fuddiest Fudds in the country.  

Pennsyltuckians.
View Quote
sadly this
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:20:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You are correct, PA is the fudd capital of the world and our leading 2A organization houses the King Fudd of them all. No changing of mind needed. They've cancelled rallies because us non-fudds were showing up "not wearing suits" and opening carrying ARs. They also actively undermined our very successful grass roots Pittsburgh Rally.

Fuck PA Fudds in the ass with a corn cob.
View Quote

As someone who lives just north of Pittsburgh, tell me more about this grass roots movement/rally.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

A local guy shot his buddy sound shooting a farm over from where I hunt, last season. Very very bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IDK about that.  Down where I was raised in Cajun country they looked at you sideways if you DIDN’T “sound shoot”.  Even though there were well documented stories of deaths occurring in the area because of it.  Mega fudd idiots.  Oh well coonasses gotta eat too same as worms.

A local guy shot his buddy sound shooting a farm over from where I hunt, last season. Very very bad.

What in the fuck is "sound shooting?"

Is that what it sounds like?

Shooting at sounds?

Jesus, the shit I learn from this forum.

ETA: Again, not a hunter, and have never hunted anything in my life.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Nah, you learn important skills, like how to avoid being shot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:30:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:30:51 AM EDT
[#41]
I would welcome semi auto's in hunting season with restrictions. Caliber size and capacity. There has to be certain rules for hunting. A buddy of mine got shot in the back with a 30-30 at 60 yards by an idiot that missed a shot at a spike. I almost got shot on an opening day, guy hit the tree I was seated against about a foot over my head. I started bowhunting the next year. Quit bowhunting when they introduced firearms and I nearly got shot by some idiots that decided hunting was boring so they instead started target shooting, in the woods, during archery season, 80 yards from me and in my direction. Hunting in PA can be quiet the experience sometimes so we definitely need rules.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#42]
While I’m not a Hunter I do agree the semi-auto ban is stupid though I get it as there are a lot of stupid people out there. It’s a case of regulating to the lowest common denominator.

As much as I am not a fan of Pennsylvania we are the last bastion of freedom in the North East!

Look around us, we are surrounded by liberal states with liberal gun laws.

New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware etc. and they keep flooding into this state and bringing their liberal values with them. To be honest, I am surprised we have held out as long as we have and it probably won’t last much longer.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:39:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That’s the problem, once you say yes to one Fudd, they soon return, and in greater numbers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Growing up one of my parents hig rules was stay out of our woods in hunting season. That's back when the season was half as long as it is now. We always found people on our land who hadn't asked for permission to hunt. My parents never said no to anyone who asked, but plenty of people wouldn't be courteous enough to come to the house and ask

I'd expect that you'd find comments like the ones OP posted in just about any state

@GLKLVR That hits WAY too close to home!!! And I'm from PA....It's like a personal attack on me.....AND I use a 7mm, loaded down for deer.......BUT also use AR platforms and actually hunt ethically.....
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:44:11 AM EDT
[#44]
OP is correct.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, big time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:45:02 AM EDT
[#46]
The only reason I buy a hunting license is to use their range.

Range permit - $30

Hunting license - $20

Do the math...................
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:45:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I quit going out for deer many years ago. It is total clown shoes. I don’t even like going to the rifle range in late October. Too many idiots.
View Quote

Absolute truth. This is why OP
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:49:10 AM EDT
[#48]
We looked at moving to PA for work a few years ago.

Town was nice, country was beautiful.

Couldn’t find a range that even wanted you to shoot handguns, much less host idpa/uspsa etc.

If you weren’t deer hunting, it was cowboy gun nut shit they weren’t interested in.

Very glad we stayed in Texas where I have multiple matches within driving range every weekend and a great home range.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That's ohio.
View Quote

And part of MI.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:58:32 AM EDT
[#50]
OP is absolutely correct. I am not going to try to change his mind. We're full of Fudds.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top