applied
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 10:59:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kapture1] [#2]
Applied

PaPaKAPture
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 2:38:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I've applied as well.

So are we just friending up on XboxLive?  In game chat is usually broken for me, as I have read on the BF3 forums (for others as well).
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 10:02:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I just applied
Nightfalcon007
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SaloSV:
I've applied as well.

So are we just friending up on XboxLive?  In game chat is usually broken for me, as I have read on the BF3 forums (for others as well).

Yes so far its best to just friend guys on Live and start a party chat, then in game try to switch teams/squads.

I despise the in game chat...most asses are the only one in the squad using a mic and think that everyone can hear them in the game.  A few nights ago I had one guy going nuts about another team mate in a tank, who couldn't even hear him.  Then goes nuts because guys that have RPGs are not shooting at the tanks...  So I never use my mic in open games, only when I get to play with ARFCOMers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bullofspadez:
I've applied as well.

Yes so far its best to just friend guys on Live and start a party chat, then in game try to switch teams/squads.

I despise the in game chat...most asses are the only one in the squad using a mic and think that everyone can hear them in the game.  A few nights ago I had one guy going nuts about another team mate in a tank, who couldn't even hear him.  Then goes nuts because guys that have RPGs are not shooting at the tanks...  So I never use my mic in open games, only when I get to play with ARFCOMers.

everyone on the team CAN hear you, just change your VOIP to team... most of the time people won't listen, but sometimes it's worth a shot. Kinda like how people don't realize they can turn the flashlights and lasers on/off, as well as switch semi/burst/auto
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Freyr:
I've applied as well.

everyone on the team CAN hear you, just change your VOIP to team... most of the time people won't listen, but sometimes it's worth a shot. Kinda like how people don't realize they can turn the flashlights and lasers on/off, as well as switch semi/burst/auto

True, but I think the second part negates the idea that most would switch it over...lol

Link Posted: 1/10/2012 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I've applied as well.

True, but I think the second part negates the idea that most would switch it over...lol

It's still a chance though, generally works pretty good if you're sniping and ask for ammo or a medkit, someone normally hears your cries
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#9]
842m headshot on Caspian Border
Link Posted: 1/13/2012 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been on and friend a few from the main AR15 platoon, have yet to play with anyone with a Mic, and every time I join up with a member in game, once the game is over, they back out and join a different game.

They are lucky socks people, they don't smell that bad......

Looking to hit it up tonight, if anyone wants to play and has a mic, add PaPaKAPture
Link Posted: 1/13/2012 12:52:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bullofspadez] [#11]
Originally Posted By Kapture1:
I've been on and friend a few from the main AR15 platoon, have yet to play with anyone with a Mic, and every time I join up with a member in game, once the game is over, they back out and join a different game.

Looking to hit it up tonight, if anyone wants to play and has a mic, add PaPaKAPture

Sorry brother... I know I did this too ya.  But you caught me in my last game before I had to do daddy detail.

ETA - I also planned on playing a lot today, but got caught up running errands in the first REAL snowfall of the year.  Only have a little time until I have to leave the house again too!

Glad I finally finished all the assignments yesterday!
Link Posted: 1/13/2012 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Kapture1:

Sorry brother... I know I did this too ya.  But you caught me in my last game before I had to do daddy detail.

ETA - I also planned on playing a lot today, but got caught up running errands in the first REAL snowfall of the year.  Only have a little time until I have to leave the house again too!

Glad I finally finished all the assignments yesterday!

It's all good, I have little ones, I KNOW how that goes lol.

Link Posted: 1/13/2012 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#13]
whats up with the damn hardcore servers....cant get any to come up still
Link Posted: 1/13/2012 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By staringback05:

Yeah, I had a hell of a time trying to get in a game yesterday afternoon. Took about 10 minutes. After getting in though, I got my second service star, support, to go with my engineer. I'm only 25,000 points from Recon, and halfway through Assault. Trying to keep my kit stats diversified.

Link Posted: 1/13/2012 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#15]

I was told yesterday that the hardcore servers were down. Guessing that is still the case.

Link Posted: 1/13/2012 5:17:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FTAggie] [#16]
holy double post
Link Posted: 1/14/2012 12:13:40 AM EDT
[#17]

there are two up. East US and West US. i only know this because they are in my history. been 1 of 5-7 in a queue now for like 10 minutes.

AWils18 on 360 if someone wants to play for a while
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#18]
there up and running now, put the pimp slap to a couple rounds worth of kids in hardcore
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 1:32:42 AM EDT
[#19]
i'm StainlessTEX78 hope to game with some of yall
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 1:41:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freyr] [#20]
New xbox y'all, gamertag is LokiThe12B

ETA: applied for the platoon, I'll be on in an hour or so
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#21]
I've started a new ARFCOM platoon for good chopper pilots/gunners to network and jet pilots to find wingmen.

Let the ARF air dominance begin!

ARFCOM Air Wing
Link Posted: 1/25/2012 3:10:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FTAggie] [#22]
I sent an application. If only they would make an Air Superiority mode like was in BF1943. It'd be a blast with the Flanker/Hornet combo (screw the rush jets and the F-35) and you wouldn't feel entirely worthless if you get caught in a five-minute turn fight (which I came out on the losing end of twice tonight... ).

Oh... and if you want stats...

Jets

35.75 hours

851 kills

984 vehicles destroyed

8 service stars

My numbers should be higher, but the damn A-10 doesn't register stats right. I've lost more than 5,000 points and several kills and vehicle destroys to the bug.

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 8:00:38 AM EDT
[#23]
After getting all 4 kit service stars, I figured I'd try for the ribbons. Got it last night, last one I needed was the Melee Ribbon.

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By M82Assault:
I've started a new ARFCOM platoon for good chopper pilots/gunners to network and jet pilots to find wingmen.

ARFCOM Air Wing

I suck at flying, but pretty good on the guns. My .MIL comp hates this website. I'll have to check it out at home tonight.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#25]

ARFCOM Air Wing

Applied.  

Link Posted: 2/12/2012 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Alright,

Seems that we kinda have a regular crew running by now, be it small.  We've discussed in passing a few things during play that I felt bear mentioning on here.  Namely, congrats to Kapture1 (gamer tag: PaPaKAPture) for stealing a DICE employee's dog tags the other day, twice in the same game!  It's been really a lot of fun getting to know everyone so far, so I'd like to keep it going and open it up.

A common practice I've seen that other platoons do is set some ground rules.  Given the nature of the culture on this forum, ours might not be so strict!  Overall, a worthy set  of goals might be to:

1.  Be a kickass group of players who can win games against other advanced platoons, but be welcoming to other novice platoon members.  For the new member, bring your man self, thick skin, whatever you want to call it... just like in the forum/life, whatever you experience more of.
2.  Develop a policy on boosting.  My thoughts:  Boosting is ok as long as you do it occasionally, and ONLY in a FULL squad rush game with ALL ARFCOM members!  That means all 8 players, leave no room for strangers.  Personal Xbox friends are ok, as long as they are ok with what is going on.  We might even restrict this for the purpose of unlocking weapons and weapons accessories.  NOT for promotion!  Once you've reached your goal, discontinue the boost participation.
3.  Establish a weekly game day/time.  This time should be used to play seriously.  Can you imagine an all ARFCOM platoon game of Conquest?  How fun would that be!
4.  Have an elected platoon ambassador.  This role would be responsible for setting up competitive games with other platoons.  Playing against each other is good and helps the newer players, but eventually, the best members dominate the play all the time.  Not to mention, we learn each others habits quickly, and can plan against that habit over and over, which creates bad habits!  A well rounded player would be wise to play against groups you don't know.  It might take some time to develop new skills, but in the end, it helps the platoon as whole because you become more versatile.  I bring this up because while our platoon only games are fun, yesterday, four of us fully got our asses handed to us by another platoon.  It was not fun.
5.  No spawn camping and no MAV killing.

These are just a few of my passing thoughts.  Feel free to add and maybe eventually this will turn into something.  Maybe this idea is right, maybe it's not, but in any case, I've certainly had tons of fun playing with the likes of Loki, Kapture, Rothroq, Stryker, Jager, Nightfalcon, Hounddog, et al... you all know who you are.

Good games!

Link Posted: 2/12/2012 6:03:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bullofspadez] [#27]
Alright,

Seems that we kinda have a regular crew running by now, be it small.  We've discussed in passing a few things during play that I felt bear mentioning on here.  Namely, congrats to Kapture1 (gamer tag: PaPaKAPture) for stealing a DICE employee's dog tags the other day, twice in the same game!  It's been really a lot of fun getting to know everyone so far, so I'd like to keep it going and open it up.

A common practice I've seen that other platoons do is set some ground rules.  Given the nature of the culture on this forum, ours might not be so strict!  Overall, a worthy set  of goals might be to:

1.  Be a kickass group of players who can win games against other advanced platoons, but be welcoming to other novice platoon members.  For the new member, bring your man self, thick skin, whatever you want to call it... just like in the forum/life, whatever you experience more of.
2.  Develop a policy on boosting.  My thoughts:  Boosting is ok as long as you do it occasionally, and ONLY in a FULL squad rush game with ALL ARFCOM members!  That means all 8 players, leave no room for strangers.  Personal Xbox friends are ok, as long as they are ok with what is going on.  We might even restrict this for the purpose of unlocking weapons and weapons accessories.  NOT for promotion!  Once you've reached your goal, discontinue the boost participation.
3.  Establish a weekly game day/time.  This time should be used to play seriously.  Can you imagine an all ARFCOM platoon game of Conquest?  How fun would that be!
4.  Have an elected platoon ambassador.  This role would be responsible for setting up competitive games with other platoons.  Playing against each other is good and helps the newer players, but eventually, the best members dominate the play all the time.  Not to mention, we learn each others habits quickly, and can plan against that habit over and over, which creates bad habits!  A well rounded player would be wise to play against groups you don't know.  It might take some time to develop new skills, but in the end, it helps the platoon as whole because you become more versatile.  I bring this up because while our platoon only games are fun, yesterday, four of us fully got our asses handed to us by another platoon.  It was not fun.

These are just a few of my passing thoughts.  Feel free to add and maybe eventually this will turn into something.  Maybe this idea is right, maybe it's not, but in any case, I've certainly had tons of fun playing with the likes of Loki, Kapture, Rothroq, Stryker, Jager, Nightfalcon, Hounddog, et al... you all know who you are.

Good games!

I think this is a great start.  Back on BFBC I got into a clan that had regular matches.  It was a great time and one of the main things I missed when I got rid of the old xbox and changed gamer tags...

Also I would say there are a few other guys that are friends and possibly not part of our platoon.  We should have them join and add the ally possibility with other platoons.

We also need those guys that are still active from the first ARFCOM platoon to join the "Active" platoon.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Alright,

Good games!

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 12:30:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Rothroq and I got hooked up with some pro gamers last night.  It was a very humbling experience, to say the least.

SmokinFlakes, myself,  and a couple others were in a game the other day where we had no chance.  To the point where we thought something was fishy.  Mostly, the opposing team had a nack for instantly headshoting you the split second they came around a corner.  It was tough to deal with, but I'm convinced they were pros too... and not necessarily "cheating" per say.

Being in the party with this group last night, it was much the same thing, but we had a couple on our side as well.  Listening to the communication was an eye opener.  There was a LOT of talking, especially from one guy in particular.  These guys knew everything about their weapons of choice, including the difference in long range performance of certain guns suppressed/non-suppressed.  What was most impressive to me though, was the reaction immediately after arming an MCOM.  Communication goes through the roof for a few seconds as they setup the defense.  The defense ALWAYS used a motion sensor.

After the hours long session, we politely asked for some brief tips.  We felt comfortable doing so since we stuck with the session, even though we lost many of the games, and they were appreciative that we did that... even though we sucked by comparison.  The biggest tip they gave?

Gun skills.  Learn how to aim better, and at longer ranges, burst for accuracy.

Second tip?

Know the map.  They seemed to have preset terms for specific locations/rooms/directions/etc. that they all knew.  This isn't so hard if you know the map, but what would help is to be able to quickly and precisely communicate where you are engaging or want a teammate to engage.  Take care of "one problem at a time," as they say in some weapons training classes that some of us may or may not have taken.

The funniest moment of the evening:  after learning that Rothroq and I were from this forum, their squad leader says - "I hate the 5.56, but I really LOVE the AR-17 because it shoots the 7.62."

Rothroq:  "Right... you mean the AR-10."

Instant mutual disrespect!

I love this game.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Alright,

Good games!

good post Salo, I put you or stryker up for Ambassador,  you two seem to be online all the fricking time
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 4:20:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Alright,

Good games!

good post Salo, I put you or stryker up for Ambassador,  you two seem to be online all the fricking time

Yea, Salo is on all the time.

I may be getting more active depending on how school is going.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Rothroq and I got hooked up with some pro gamers last night.  It was a very humbling experience, to say the least.

SmokinFlakes, myself,  and a couple others were in a game the other day where we had no chance.  To the point where we thought something was fishy.  Mostly, the opposing team had a nack for instantly headshoting you the split second they came around a corner.  It was tough to deal with, but I'm convinced they were pros too... and not necessarily "cheating" per say.

Being in the party with this group last night, it was much the same thing, but we had a couple on our side as well.  Listening to the communication was an eye opener.  There was a LOT of talking, especially from one guy in particular.  These guys knew everything about their weapons of choice, including the difference in long range performance of certain guns suppressed/non-suppressed.  What was most impressive to me though, was the reaction immediately after arming an MCOM.  Communication goes through the roof for a few seconds as they setup the defense.  The defense ALWAYS used a motion sensor.

After the hours long session, we politely asked for some brief tips.  We felt comfortable doing so since we stuck with the session, even though we lost many of the games, and they were appreciative that we did that... even though we sucked by comparison.  The biggest tip they gave?

Gun skills.  Learn how to aim better, and at longer ranges, burst for accuracy.

Second tip?

Know the map.  They seemed to have preset terms for specific locations/rooms/directions/etc. that they all knew.  This isn't so hard if you know the map, but what would help is to be able to quickly and precisely communicate where you are engaging or want a teammate to engage.  Take care of "one problem at a time," as they say in some weapons training classes that some of us may or may not have taken.

The funniest moment of the evening:  after learning that Rothroq and I were from this forum, their squad leader says - "I hate the 5.56, but I really LOVE the AR-17 because it shoots the 7.62."

Rothroq:  "Right... you mean the AR-10."

Instant mutual disrespect!

I love this game.  

That's BAD ASS...would have loved to be in that party!  I agree that working the maps would be a huge advantage.  And Yes clearing one step at a time is pivotal. Especially with a sniper picking off lone rangers... I am not the best rusher, but I do enjoy watching the flanks and try to be a general nuisance.  For some reason I am horrible at the run and gun...

Although I don't believe the "cheaters?" from that one battle were pro's.  Considering I got a message after we left that game... basically talking trash with a rather inner city slang-cent..."Niggaz iz weak" or something to that effect, LOL.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#33]
who are all these sallies, and where have all the original crew gone?
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 4:21:39 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm only on all the time because I'm unemployed.  Once I get a job, I'll likely be more scarce.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Learn how to aim better, and at longer ranges, burst for accuracy.

The kills/headshots/accuracy medals I've racked up by switching the M16 to Semi-Auto at long distance say otherwise.

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 12:14:06 PM EDT
[#36]
who are all these sallies, and where have all the original crew gone?

LOL.......    
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:17:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LA_357SIG] [#37]
I started a cross platform stat tracker on BF3stats.com. PS3/PC/360

http://bf3stats.com/leaderboard/Na1g1ed5JP
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Alright,

Good games!

I'd be down for a more regular scheduled event.  I had a good time playing with Salo, rogue, and co. yesterday.  I should have sent out a bunch of friend requests before logging off.   One thing that's kind of counter to the more serious gameplay is having all 8 squad rush players in the same chat.  Kind of hard to communicate any strategy/tactics w/o tipping off the other side.

And it WOULD be kick ass to play conquest.  Like one of the other posters said, I'm not a great run and gunner, but I'm a hell of a nuisance and can actually do a respectable job flying the attach choppers, besides the littlebird - can't kill shit in that thing.)
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Rino451:
Alright,

Good games!

I'd be down for a more regular scheduled event.  I had a good time playing with Salo, rogue, and co. yesterday.  I should have sent out a bunch of friend requests before logging off.   One thing that's kind of counter to the more serious gameplay is having all 8 squad rush players in the same chat.  Kind of hard to communicate any strategy/tactics w/o tipping off the other side.

And it WOULD be kick ass to play conquest.  Like one of the other posters said, I'm not a great run and gunner, but I'm a hell of a nuisance and can actually do a respectable job flying the attach choppers, besides the littlebird - can't kill shit in that thing.)

But all 8 players in the same chat makes everything more fun and lighthearted
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By LA_357SIG:
I started a cross platform stat tracker on BF3stats.com. PS3/PC/360

http://bf3stats.com/leaderboard/Na1g1ed5JP

Yes, very cool.  Everyone reading this post should add yourself.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 12:07:19 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm only on all the time because I'm unemployed.  Once I get a job, I'll likely be more scarce.

I will not argue with that statement.  Essentially what I was trying to say.  I made the gross assumption of using a light machine gun that doesn't have semi-auto.  Bursting helps at longer ranges, but only if the person you are shooting at can't fire back accurately.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:02:00 AM EDT
[#42]

I will not argue with that statement.  Essentially what I was trying to say.  I made the gross assumption of using a light machine gun that doesn't have semi-auto.  Bursting helps at longer ranges, but only if the person you are shooting at can't fire back accurately.

Up late Salo?   Lolz
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:19:20 AM EDT
[#43]

Up late Salo?   Lolz

Yes and up entirely too early.  No thanks to my dog.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:12:42 AM EDT
[#44]

LOL, Salo go back to sleep!

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Alright,

Good games!

Dammit Loki, I fly choppers and blow shit up. I'd make a horrible Ambassador, because the second someone disagreed with me they'd get a brick of C4 to the face
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 11:48:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M82Assault] [#46]
Alright,

Good games!

And it WOULD be kick ass to play conquest.  Like one of the other posters said, I'm not a great run and gunner, but I'm a hell of a nuisance and can actually do a respectable job flying the attack choppers, besides the littlebird - can't kill shit in that thing.)

Flying choppers (attack or scout) is my job

I'm damn near useless on the ground but I can fuck shit up in a chopper
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Alright,

Good games!

And it WOULD be kick ass to play conquest.  Like one of the other posters said, I'm not a great run and gunner, but I'm a hell of a nuisance and can actually do a respectable job flying the attack choppers, besides the littlebird - can't kill shit in that thing.)

I'll be gunner then.  If only we can in a conquest game.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Alright,

Good games!

I'll be gunner then.  If only we can in a conquest game.

We can probably manage to get some CQ going later on tonight if the others are agreeable
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Walking tank and do a bit of everything minus flying choppers.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Whats on tonight's menu...

Other than the normal drunken shenanigans.

Planing on being on around 8pm EST.  Might even partake in a couple drinks with you lushes.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top