Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1644 of 5585)
Page / 5585
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mokerr:

Ah yes, what a shame we have a BiLl Of RiGhTs protecting free speech.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Fuck

But Putin is a strong Christian who is working on saving the souls of the barbarian Ukrainians

It had to be true. I watched a video on YouTube by a guy who wears a plate carrier

I had a Q-Tard who is also a Charismatic Christian and medical doctor tell me that two days ago - he said Putin is doing us a favor by invading corrupt Ukraine and is on "our" side. He follows Pro-Putin talk show host Stew Peters and Pro-Putin Republican candidate/"researcher"/documentary film producer Lauren Witzke who have huge followings on Rumble and other internet sites. He said that all will know soon when God reveals the truth. (One could just imagine my response...)

Here are six search results for Lauren Witzke when her name is searched with "Putin":

https://i.ibb.co/NK0hbzV/Screenshot-20220414-142935-Samsung-Internet.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/sKDygGn/Screenshot-20220414-142909-Samsung-Internet.jpg

These people are influencing millions with their crap along with Alex Jones (who just ran a story yesterday that AZOV Battalion are shooting Ukrainian citizens), Paul Joseph Watson, Paul Craig Roberts, BeforeItsNews.com, Hal Turner, WhatReallyHappened.com, The Burning Platform, SteveQuayle.com, etc., etc.. Most of the so-called Patriot Right is nothing but a mouth price for Kremlin propaganda these days. Gotta give 'em credit, only took like 15 years for communists to control a large hard core segment of the American conservative right wing.

We really need to police our own on that shit.

Yes you are correct as it is having an impact. That is why you have seen me post a lot of info on this. Also, it is a federal crime to work on behalf of a foreign power without approval from the Department of State. And we did have treason laws enforced at one time in this country, but the communist founded ACLU took care of that. Many conservatives (and leftists) think that treason is protected by the 1st Amendment (it is not) and say "i MaY nOT aGGrEE wITH WhaT yOU sAY Or dO bUt wiLL dIE feR YeR RIGht tO saY iT."

My personal opinion:

The fix for wrong think isn’t censorship, but the opposite, more free speech.

First with argument and discussion.  Then chasing away the minority of nuts with a sea of voices.  We tend to shut up (censor) the most aggressive and passionate people who are in the right on a subject.  So the most passionate people are ejected from discourse, and the most subversive people thrive to dominate the topic.  

It’s akin to a zero tolerance “no hitting” policy leading to more bullies, sycophants, and deviants. Those that stand up can’t.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

His observations of Russia's armor tactics are dead on, but I'm not sure how he's reaching the conclusion that they're regularly running two man crews.

What if they're just dumb ass Russians being dumb ass Russians?
View Quote

They are not running two man crews in general, it maybe an exception here or there but, the ones I’ve seen generally had three pairs of melted gear or pieces there of. Exception being when they go bull down. They will dismount a member and put him in an adjacent dugout with a pkm or rpk.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:44:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
Interesting take on the poor performance of the Russian tanks in the war.  Notes that in all the videos, the gunners are keeping the turrets in a parade formation and are not scanning the sides or staggering...  

View Quote

lol, just keeps getting more pathetic the more we learn.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#4]
These are noteworthy statements:

View All Quotes
These are noteworthy statements:

More info:

The Russian missile cruiser that was damaged in a fire on Thursday was hit and ultimately sunk by Ukrainian missile strikes, a senior U.S. defense official confirmed on Friday. Russia and Ukraine had offered differing accounts of what happened to the vessel.

The defense source confirmed the ship was hit by two Neptune missiles, and told NPR there are likely casualties.

Experts say the loss of the Moskva  the flagship of Russia's Black Sea fleet  is significant both symbolically and militarily, even if it doesn't deal a decisive blow to Russia's overall operations.

Russia loses warship, says will increase attacks on Kyiv

Russia's Defense Ministry has said that a fire broke out on board, causing munitions to explode and prompting the evacuation of its crew, which is believed to number about 500. Ukraine claims responsibility, saying it hit the vessel with two Neptune anti-ship missiles about 60 miles off the coast of Odesa.

The defense source confirmed the ship was hit by two Neptune missiles, and told NPR there are "likely casualties."

Russian defense officials said later that the vessel sank while being towed to shore in stormy weather  though weather reports indicate that conditions in the Black Sea were mild.

While losing one vessel isn't going to immobilize the Russian navy, it reinforces the narrative that Ukrainian troops can still deliver powerful blows by being more agile and creative, as NPR's Greg Myre reports. This is the second major vessel Russia has lost off the coast of Ukraine in recent weeks.

The Pentagon previously noted that other Russian warships in the northern Black Sea moved further away from the coast following Thursday's episode, which raised questions about Russia's claim that it was an accident.

A key warship in Russia's fleet was severely damaged. Ukraine claims responsibility

Ret. Admiral James Foggo, who commanded U.S. Naval forces for Europe and Africa, said earlier on Thursday that while the forensics of what happened took time to be determined, the significance of the loss was clear  especially since the flagship of any navy is "the biggest and the best and the brightest."

"This is a terribly humiliating blow to the Russian navy, and it's rather astonishing that they can allow this to happen to themselves," Foggo told Morning Edition.
A Russian warship in the Black Sea was sunk by Ukrainian missiles, U.S. official says
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

Send Victoria Nueland and zombie John McCain, apparently they can create a color revolution out of thin air and overthrow a freely elected Russian puppet government according to the Fellow Travelers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:

We need to have Belarus start a civil war.

Send Victoria Nueland and zombie John McCain, apparently they can create a color revolution out of thin air and overthrow a freely elected Russian puppet government according to the Fellow Travelers.

LOL!

Party of Regions (Communist Party Lite)  candidate Yanukovych was installed/backed by the Kremlin and he moved on behalf of Russia in the following ways:

1) break up Ukraine into autonomous oblasts (hence his party's name the Party of Regions) to weaken the country

2) reconstruction of the education system to view Russia favorably in history

3) stop all military modernization programs started by pro-USA Yuschenko (also poisoned by the Kremlin) who he "defeated" in the election (I witnessed that first hand and was told by Ukrainian military officials at the Ukrainian embassy in D.C.)

4) Cut all cooperation ties with the west in business, etc.

5) make Russian equal to Ukrainian as a national language status - most people don't know that the reason there are generations of Ukrainian "Russian speakers" (which does NOT mean they are Russians or pro-Russian) is because of HUNDREDS of years of oppression by Russian to wipe out the Ukrainian language, culture, etc.

6) Load the Rada (Ukrainian parliament) with members of the Communist Party of Ukraine, Party of Regions, and other left-leaning pro-Russian parties

7) Station Russian troops on several Ukrainian military bases for "cooperation" purposes (that is the big reason that Yanukovych was thrown out)

And of course he was against EU membership or ties. (I don't like the EU sovereignty robbing government either but that wasn't his reason for opposing it).
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Fair stance, but to also be fair, 99% of people that start in with the "Ukraine is corrupt" line also say "I can't choose a side because both are corrupt" which is as retarded as not being able to acknowledge every government on the planet is corrupt.
View Quote
They are also the ones claiming our election was stolen. Not saying nefarious things didn't happen, it's just ironic that they gloss over the fact the US gov is likely equal or the most corrupt player here.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Is there any information on how many Russian sailors and troops died? I saw that the Captain died but nothing else verified.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
They are also the ones claiming our election was stolen. Not saying nefarious things didn't happen, it's just ironic that they gloss over the fact the US gov is likely equal or the most corrupt player here.
View All Quotes

Fair stance, but to also be fair, 99% of people that start in with the "Ukraine is corrupt" line also say "I can't choose a side because both are corrupt" which is as retarded as not being able to acknowledge every government on the planet is corrupt.

It's this crazy circular logic of "Ukraine is corrupt so I can't support them, so the US should stay out of it"...."The US is corrupt and Saint Putin is sticking to the globohomos"..."the election was stolen because our elections are rigged"

Wait wut?
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#9]

That's another good thread.

Here's a non-Twitter link to the thread reader: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1514645271493459970.html

Based on previous discussions, I think it's worth highlighting this part:

I agree with that.

Dudes rolling around the battlefield in HMMWVs or Toyotas or whatever with a pile of ATGMs and Stingers are going to be much more responsive and have a much smaller support requirement than massed groups of tracked vehicles like MBTs and IFVs.

MBTs still have a role in defending key points, but the less you have to move them, the better.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

Unrolled tweet thread above ^

Here's a non-Twitter link to the thread reader: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1514645271493459970.html

I agree with that.

Dudes rolling around the battlefield in HMMWVs or Toyotas or whatever with a pile of ATGMs and Stingers are going to be much more responsive and have a much smaller support requirement than massed groups of tracked vehicles like MBTs and IFVs.

MBTs still have a role in defending key points, but the less you have to move them, the better.

A real life version of this seems perfect for modern combat,

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Is there any information on how many Russian sailors and troops died? I saw that the Captain died but nothing else verified.
View Quote

I've only seen one or two people claim that the Russians picked up 12 and the Turks picked up 50.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#11]

LOL!

Party of Regions (Communist Party Lite)  candidate Yanukovych was installed/backed by the Kremlin and he moved on behalf of Russia in the following ways:

1) break up Ukraine into autonomous oblasts (hence his party's name the Party of Regions) to weaken the country

3) stop all military modernization programs started by pro-USA Yuschenko (also poisoned by the Kremlin) who he "defeated" in the election (I witnessed that first hand and was told by Ukrainian military officials at the Ukrainian embassy in D.C.)

5) make Russian equal to Ukrainian as a national language status - most people don't know that the reason there are generations of Ukrainian "Russian speakers" (which does NOT mean they are Russians or pro-Russian) is because of HUNDREDS of years of oppression by Russian to wipe out the Ukrainian language, culture, etc.

6) Load the Rada (Ukrainian parliament) with members of the Communist Party of Ukraine, Party of Regions, and other left-leaning pro-Russian parties

7) Station Russian troops on several Ukrainian military bases for "cooperation" purposes (that is the big reason that Yanukovych was thrown out)

And of course he was against EU membership or ties. (I don't like the EU sovereignty robbing government either but that wasn't his reason for opposing it).
View All Quotes

LOL!

Very good summary and accurate.

I would also mention that the embassy or diplomatic outpost whatever it was was staffed with a grand total of 6 Americans when I lived there. 12 UA citizens were on staff as well. We must be really efficient to oust a government with Russian agents by the hundred in it. Total BS, I couldn’t get anything done like new passport etc., for lack of manpower yet we pulled off a coup. What a joke. Never mind Obama basically took the Russian position when Crimea was annexed and sent blankets instead of javelins.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:54:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#12]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Thanks for that, incredible to see one still working and keeping vaccum on the linear array after 25 years.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aTtXfFAVU8

Random comments:
1) I can't believe how shitty the video from their FLIR turret looks. Like something from 1991.

2) I can't believe how much oscillation seems to occur in their wing pylons. I have seen them shake almost as much in flight too. Can anyone(@AeroE) confirm/explain if that's on purpose? I know F-16 wings do better with some load on them, but Jesus, those pylons on the Ka-52 are just flopping around.

I have an AN/PAS-19, circa 1997, that has far better image quality, even at maximum 4x electronic zoom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_dy4UVPtA8

Thanks for that, incredible to see one still working and keeping vaccum on the linear array after 25 years.

It was reworked at some point in the mid 2000s-early 2010s by a private company, IIRC. Was some sort of trade in deal. I've ditched the SLA battery it was using and set it up with the ability to use 18650s.

Actually got it from a member here years ago. May not be HSLD but it's good for tossing on a tripod for observation.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

View Quote

What exactly is the "Katyn issue" - is someone trying to drag Poland in?

If so: I wonder if disturbing that cemetery will unleash Ganowicz's Ghost...
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

I'm monitoring multiple sources and can't tell where I read about 50+ survivors out of 500+ crew with onboard company of RU marines and potentially some big honchos from the Black Sea Fleet  HQ. I can call the RU Ministry of Defense and ask to verify
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:58:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By castingcouch:

I've only seen one or two people claim that the Russians picked up 12 and the Turks picked up 50.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By castingcouch:

There was reportedly a Romanian vessel rendering aid as well. I'm surprised we haven't seen cell phone pics from the rescue yet.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:59:24 PM EDT
[#16]

There is  NO tactical advantage in releasing drone footage. The Ukrainians said they sunk it, the Russians have moved all their ships 80 miles away and are swearing bloody revenge.
I like war porn as much as the next guy but I’d rather they Ukrainians maintain OPSEC and keep winning.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:

Exactly, what I was thinking. If the Bayraktar was up there, the Ukies saw the explosion, but for some reason they haven't released the footage?

There is  NO tactical advantage in releasing drone footage. The Ukrainians said they sunk it, the Russians have moved all their ships 80 miles away and are swearing bloody revenge.
I like war porn as much as the next guy but I’d rather they Ukrainians maintain OPSEC and keep winning.

After the countless drone footage that they've released, what's stopping them now all of a sudden? lol
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

They want to rewrite history and they keep claiming that it never happened.

Many fucked up fake ass shit Russian historians keep saying it was the Nazis that did it when it was in fact the NKVD.

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:00:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#18]
Very Spietnaz

Obviously Osoby Apetsnaz Voyska...
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#19]

It was reworked at some point in the mid 2000s-early 2010s by a private company, IIRC. Was some sort of trade in deal. I've ditched the SLA battery it was using and set it up with the ability to use 18650s.

May not be HSLD but it's good for tossing on a tripod for observation.
View All Quotes

Random comments:
1) I can't believe how shitty the video from their FLIR turret looks. Like something from 1991.

2) I can't believe how much oscillation seems to occur in their wing pylons. I have seen them shake almost as much in flight too. Can anyone(@AeroE) confirm/explain if that's on purpose? I know F-16 wings do better with some load on them, but Jesus, those pylons on the Ka-52 are just flopping around.

I have an AN/PAS-19, circa 1997, that has far better image quality, even at maximum 4x electronic zoom.

Still very cool regardless, they are rare to find and to have still working.

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Remember that Ria Novosti article making genocide against Ukraine an explicit goal? Here's another article about it, which includes some background on the author.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes

Every government on the planet is corrupt.  It's why all politicians become millionaires on civil servant salaries.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#22]

After the countless drone footage that they've released, what's stopping them now all of a sudden? lol
View Quote

It could give away the tactics they used and then they couldn't repeat them
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Random comments:

Yeah, took a lot of digging to find data on it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:04:06 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Exactly, what I was thinking. If the Bayraktar was up there, the Ukies saw the explosion, but for some reason they haven't released the footage?

I like war porn as much as the next guy but I'd rather they Ukrainians maintain OPSEC and keep winning.

"They" have released very little Bayraktar video. Most of the drone video we've seen is COTS stuff. Almost all of the Bayraktar stuff we've seen was unofficial.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#26]

I guess you feel the Rosenbergs transfering nuclear secrets to Russia were just exercising their free speech rights...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Fuck

But Putin is a strong Christian who is working on saving the souls of the barbarian Ukrainians

It had to be true. I watched a video on YouTube by a guy who wears a plate carrier

I had a Q-Tard who is also a Charismatic Christian and medical doctor tell me that two days ago - he said Putin is doing us a favor by invading corrupt Ukraine and is on "our" side. He follows Pro-Putin talk show host Stew Peters and Pro-Putin Republican candidate/"researcher"/documentary film producer Lauren Witzke who have huge followings on Rumble and other internet sites. He said that all will know soon when God reveals the truth. (One could just imagine my response...)

Here are six search results for Lauren Witzke when her name is searched with "Putin":

https://i.ibb.co/NK0hbzV/Screenshot-20220414-142935-Samsung-Internet.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/sKDygGn/Screenshot-20220414-142909-Samsung-Internet.jpg

These people are influencing millions with their crap along with Alex Jones (who just ran a story yesterday that AZOV Battalion are shooting Ukrainian citizens), Paul Joseph Watson, Paul Craig Roberts, BeforeItsNews.com, Hal Turner, WhatReallyHappened.com, The Burning Platform, SteveQuayle.com, etc., etc.. Most of the so-called Patriot Right is nothing but a mouth price for Kremlin propaganda these days. Gotta give 'em credit, only took like 15 years for communists to control a large hard core segment of the American conservative right wing.

We really need to police our own on that shit.

Yes you are correct as it is having an impact. That is why you have seen me post a lot of info on this. Also, it is a federal crime to work on behalf of a foreign power without approval from the Department of State. And we did have treason laws enforced at one time in this country, but the communist founded ACLU took care of that. Many conservatives (and leftists) think that treason is protected by the 1st Amendment (it is not) and say "i MaY nOT aGGrEE wITH WhaT yOU sAY Or dO bUt wiLL dIE feR YeR RIGht tO saY iT."

I guess you feel the Rosenbergs transfering nuclear secrets to Russia were just exercising their free speech rights...

Not treason but you could get them for failing to register as a foreign agent if you find a money trail
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By BustinCaps:
The last six weeks has shown the Russian Federation to be nothing more than a giant ICP concert that found itself in possession of a military. Like trailer trash that received an inheritance.
View Quote
Surprised they don't have Faygo.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:05:05 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

We have no idea what the details were surrounding the sinking of the Moscow. It's very possible they don't want to advertise exactly how it was done. It's also possible they didn't get footage.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#29]

People are commenting on the delivery of M113s, but they are probably being envisioned as a replacement for Hiluxes and Sprinter vans. They shouldn't go toe-to-to with BMPs; let's remember AFV =/= APC (battle taxis), and I don't think the planners that made them part of the aid package think were confused or deluded on that point.

M113s are available in huge quantities (obviously) with excellent spare parts support (both quantity and quality). They perform much better in mucky terrain than the UAH, they can have similar armament, have acceptable armor against SAF and shell fragments, and they are flexible (as we see with the number of roles it fill(s/ed) in the US and other NATO militaries).

Since they will also largely be operating from within friendly territory, and primarily away from front-line defensive positions, they will be less vulnerable to mines and heavier weapons, if employed within capabilities. I think the Ukrainians have proven very adept at finding and fixing Russian forces to date, and very judicious with their use of manpower (which they must by necessity), so a little battle taxi may be just the ticket for them.

View All Quotes

I agree with that.

People are commenting on the delivery of M113s, but they are probably being envisioned as a replacement for Hiluxes and Sprinter vans. They shouldn't go toe-to-to with BMPs; let's remember AFV =/= APC (battle taxis), and I don't think the planners that made them part of the aid package think were confused or deluded on that point.

M113s are available in huge quantities (obviously) with excellent spare parts support (both quantity and quality). They perform much better in mucky terrain than the UAH, they can have similar armament, have acceptable armor against SAF and shell fragments, and they are flexible (as we see with the number of roles it fill(s/ed) in the US and other NATO militaries).

Since they will also largely be operating from within friendly territory, and primarily away from front-line defensive positions, they will be less vulnerable to mines and heavier weapons, if employed within capabilities. I think the Ukrainians have proven very adept at finding and fixing Russian forces to date, and very judicious with their use of manpower (which they must by necessity), so a little battle taxi may be just the ticket for them.

My criticism of the 113 is that it's sort of a worst of both worlds option between tracked and wheeled vehicles. It offers protection equal to or even less than armored wheeled vehicles while having a logistics appetite closer to other tracked vehicles.

Still, the price is right, beggars can't be choosers, and sending them to ride into Europe to make Russia's life harder is better than scrapping them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:07:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#31]
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

I would also mention that the embassy or diplomatic outpost whatever it was was staffed with a grand total of 6 Americans when I lived there. 12 UA citizens were on staff as well. We must be really efficient to oust a government with Russian agents by the hundred in it. Total BS, I couldn’t get anything done like new passport etc., for lack of manpower yet we pulled off a coup. What a joke. Never mind Obama basically took the Russian position when Crimea was annexed and sent blankets instead of javelins.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

LOL!

Intersting. Also, in 2005 then Sen. Obama (Marxist)  and RINO and Moscow frequent flyer Sen. Dick Lugar traveled to Ukraine and paid them off to destroy over a million surplus small arms, billions of rounds of ammo, and artillery shells. This was a step in a long term plan to take Ukraine starting with lifelong Soviet sympathizer Bill Clinton and Budapest Memerandom.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote

And people say Finns have no sense of humor.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By frankiebagadonuts:

Russia doesn't have any assets to move into the Black Sea.  It would take forever to relocate a vessel from the Baltic Sea and they would have to sail by many Nato countries to do so. This is why losing the Moskva is such a big deal.  With her loss, Russia has effectively lost control of the Black Sea.  They have no way to replace her.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By frankiebagadonuts:

These are just my thoughts,

I see the strait closure as an attempt to de escalate, but I foresee it becoming a contentious issues as both Russia and later NATO will want to get assets in the black sea.  

I agree Finland and Sweden pushing Nato membership is due to Russia.  They know they are next as this heats up.

With Poland, Biden has sent 3k troops so far.  It’s a small force, but it looks like we are possibly selling or moving M1s to Poland, maybe F16s…  I see it as the vanguard to preparing or paving the way to defending a front.

Russia doesn't have any assets to move into the Black Sea.  It would take forever to relocate a vessel from the Baltic Sea and they would have to sail by many Nato countries to do so. This is why losing the Moskva is such a big deal.  With her loss, Russia has effectively lost control of the Black Sea.  They have no way to replace her.

Interesting.

So with a fixed number of black sea assets, it’s just a matter of hunting each one down and sinking it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Alex9661:

I'm monitoring multiple sources and can't tell where I read about 50+ survivors out of 500+ crew with onboard company of RU marines and potentially some big honchos from the Black Sea Fleet  HQ. I can call the RU Ministry of Defense and ask to verify
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alex9661:

That's something I'm curious about.

With most navies, "flagship" typically means the admiral of the fleet is aboard when the fleet is deployed. There's a captain that commands the flagship, and then there's at least one admiral that commands the entire fleet from the flagship.

I don't know how the Russians are supposed to do business on paper, and its entirely possible that the admiral(s) were in port with hookers while the fleet was at sea.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TNC:

Who are they declaring war on? Their electricians union? I thought they said Moskva had an electrical fire.
View Quote

They're already at war with Ukraine. One they started. So if they do declare war, I suspect it will be Poland, but not directly named, but those that are fighting with Ukraine by supplying weapons.

Russia shot its wad with Ukraine and therefore is in no shape to fight Poland. So the declaration is just another baseless threat from them.  If they want a naval battle with the USA, it's quite clear the USA will work over the russian surface navy in short order.  However, submarine battles would be different.  I suspect USA would get some blood on the chin, but work their sub fleet over as well.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Interesting.

So with a fixed number of black sea assets, it’s just a matter of hunting each one down and sinking it.
View Quote

Ukraine probably has about ten more Neptun in inventory....
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#39]

Interesting.

View Quote

Interested in seeing how well the under water drones do
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By 74HC:

They're already at war with Ukraine. One they started. So if they do declare war, I suspect it will be Poland, but not directly named, but those that are fighting with Ukraine by supplying weapons.

Russia shot its wad with Ukraine and therefore is in no shape to fight Poland. So the declaration is just another baseless threat from them.  If they want a naval battle with the USA, it's quite clear the USA will work over the russian surface navy in short order.  However, submarine battles would be different.  I suspect USA would get some blood on the chin, but work their sub fleet over as well.
View Quote

It's pretty clear that Western shit works, and Eastern shit, not so much. Unless/until China enters the picture.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#41]
This is getting interesting, first steps in Vlad escalating?

April 15 (Reuters) - Belarus on Friday announced a ban on trucks registered in the European Union from entering its territory, Interfax news agency quoted the transport ministry as saying.
View Quote
Belarus bans EU-registered trucks from entering country
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"Destroyed Russian PPRU-1 "Ovod-M-SV" (9S80) - "mobile" control point air defense regiment."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-04-15_12-03-27_jpg-2349951.JPG
It looks like this when not blowed up.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/PPRU-1_9S80_Ovod-M-SV_19th_MRB_1_jpg-2349959.JPG

"An SBU officer plays with a kitty while detaining a collaborator"

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-04-15_11-40-05_jpg-2349952.JPG
View Quote

Look, it's the new "YOU MAKE KITTEH SCARED!"
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

View Quote

Sounds like 5-8 new russian subs
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:23:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GenYRevolverGuy] [#44]

We have no idea what the details were surrounding the sinking of the Moscow. It's very possible they don't want to advertise exactly how it was done. It's also possible they didn't get footage.
View All Quotes

The complete lack of photo/video at this point is kind of baffling.

There are two different stories:

1) She got hit, there were secondaries, she caught fire, and capsized within a couple of hours, and surviving crew were rescued by vessels from other nations.

2) She got hit, there were secondaries, she caught fire, the crew abandoned ship, and the ship sunk maybe 15 hours or so later.

Prevailing information supports theory #2, but it's very strange that we don't have a single photograph of the ship between the time she was hit and the time she went under. There were multiple ships and aircraft in the area, we live in a world where people take pictures of damn near everything, and there's not one photograph of Moskva's demise? That's very odd.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:23:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Cruel irony.

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Russia uses long-range bombers for first time in Ukraine war, official says

https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia-uses-long-range-bombers-for-first-time-in-ukraine-war-official-says
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:24:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Bizzarolibe:

It’s naive to laugh this off. An official declaration of war gives Putin more legal latitude to escalate this conflict, which includes deploying WMD’s.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bizzarolibe:
Originally Posted By TNC:

Who are they declaring war on? Their electricians union? I thought they said Moskva had an electrical fire.

It’s naive to laugh this off. An official declaration of war gives Putin more legal latitude to escalate this conflict, which includes deploying WMD’s.

What legal latitude? He's a dictator that can do whatever he wants. I know what you are saying but it seems irrelevant to me.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:26:58 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
Interesting.

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By burnka871:
Sounds like 5-8 new russian subs
View Quote

Somewhere, like in Lviv, they're making more.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:31:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5585
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1644 of 5585)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top