Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1645 of 5589)
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 74HC:

They're already at war with Ukraine. One they started. So if they do declare war, I suspect it will be Poland, but not directly named, but those that are fighting with Ukraine by supplying weapons.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TNC:

Who are they declaring war on? Their electricians union? I thought they said Moskva had an electrical fire.

They're already at war with Ukraine. One they started. So if they do declare war, I suspect it will be Poland, but not directly named, but those that are fighting with Ukraine by supplying weapons.

According to the Russians, it is/was a "special military operation" in Ukraine. Russians opposed to the war were saying on social media that it is essentially illegal to refer to it as a "war" in Russia.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By mancow:

What legal latitude? He's a dictator that can do whatever he wants. I know what you are saying but it seems irrelevant to me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bizzarolibe:

Who are they declaring war on? Their electricians union? I thought they said Moskva had an electrical fire.

It’s naive to laugh this off. An official declaration of war gives Putin more legal latitude to escalate this conflict, which includes deploying WMD’s.

What legal latitude? He's a dictator that can do whatever he wants. I know what you are saying but it seems irrelevant to me.

There are limits.

If the wind blows the wrong way, the oligarchs, the other senior government/military leaders, and the general populace can all represent a threat to Putin.

Putin needs to influence those people enough to avoid eating a 9x18 round.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Clockwork138:

According to the Russians, it is/was a "special military operation" in Ukraine. Russians opposed to the war were saying on social media that it is essentially illegal to refer to it as a "war" in Russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Clockwork138:

Not "essentially" it IS illegal to call it a war or invasion.

He's not going into Poland IMO, this is a move to conscript more men I think, and possibly sell the idea to the public that Russia itself is at risk of being destroyed.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
There was an editorial in a German paper about how when Steinmeier - a long time enabler of Putin - was told he wasn’t welcome to go to Kyiv the Baltic and Polish presidents should have also stayed home out of solidarity. They’re bonkers.

The Russian embassy here had this to say about the protest in front of it:

Yes,nothing but senseless and uncalled for Russophobia…

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/FE6EB205-5552-4139-BCB4-6AE21FE0B0D6_jpe-2349506.JPG

View Quote

Russian government's victimhood complex knows no bounds. They are like a wife-beating drunken asshole who complains that nobody likes him. Also, phobia is "fear" which is incorrect. We don't fear them just have disgust and contempt towards them. Which is absolutely justified.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:36:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
They are also the ones claiming our election was stolen. Not saying nefarious things didn't happen, it's just ironic that they gloss over the fact the US gov is likely equal or the most corrupt player here.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Fair stance, but to also be fair, 99% of people that start in with the "Ukraine is corrupt" line also say "I can't choose a side because both are corrupt" which is as retarded as not being able to acknowledge every government on the planet is corrupt.
They are also the ones claiming our election was stolen. Not saying nefarious things didn't happen, it's just ironic that they gloss over the fact the US gov is likely equal or the most corrupt player here.

In that part of the world corruption has to be accounted for in the way business and politics are conducted. Doesn't mean you can't condemn it but you may have to work with it if you want to do any business there, and this can create a problem with our legal system here.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By sq40:

Interesting.

So with a fixed number of black sea assets, it’s just a matter of hunting each one down and sinking it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By frankiebagadonuts:

These are just my thoughts,

I see the strait closure as an attempt to de escalate, but I foresee it becoming a contentious issues as both Russia and later NATO will want to get assets in the black sea.  

I agree Finland and Sweden pushing Nato membership is due to Russia.  They know they are next as this heats up.

With Poland, Biden has sent 3k troops so far.  It’s a small force, but it looks like we are possibly selling or moving M1s to Poland, maybe F16s…  I see it as the vanguard to preparing or paving the way to defending a front.

Russia doesn't have any assets to move into the Black Sea.  It would take forever to relocate a vessel from the Baltic Sea and they would have to sail by many Nato countries to do so. This is why losing the Moskva is such a big deal.  With her loss, Russia has effectively lost control of the Black Sea.  They have no way to replace her.

Interesting.

So with a fixed number of black sea assets, it’s just a matter of hunting each one down and sinking it.

Pretty much.  Its really too bad they cant just spam a volley of Neptun's at the ships underway, but they dont have enough to do so.

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BustinCaps:
The last six weeks has shown the Russian Federation to be nothing more than a giant ICP concert that found itself in possession of a military. Like trailer trash that received an inheritance.
View Quote

That’s sigline material.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:41:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By texashomeserver:
Russia uses long-range bombers for first time in Ukraine war, official says

https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia-uses-long-range-bombers-for-first-time-in-ukraine-war-official-says
View Quote

Dear Santa

I know I said I wouldn't ask for anything else for Christmas if the orc ship Moscow was actually sunk. But would you please let the Ukrainians bag a few Blackjacks and/or Bears.

7empest

P.S. I will leave you THC brownies and a 6 pack of PBR

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

That's one fat cat
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stgdz:
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"Destroyed Russian PPRU-1 "Ovod-M-SV" (9S80) - "mobile" control point air defense regiment."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-04-15_12-03-27_jpg-2349951.JPG
It looks like this when not blowed up.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/PPRU-1_9S80_Ovod-M-SV_19th_MRB_1_jpg-2349959.JPG

"An SBU officer plays with a kitty while detaining a collaborator"

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-04-15_11-40-05_jpg-2349952.JPG

That's one fat cat

I think the collaborator is detained inside the cat.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJ9rghEakAARGJ3?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Then why not sink the rest?

How many more guided missle ships sit in the black sea or Sevastopol? Is it a matter of targeting data?
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:46:29 PM EDT
[#12]

He's not going into Poland IMO, this is a move to conscript more men I think, and possibly sell the idea to the public that Russia itself is at risk of being destroyed.
View Quote
It sort of is, but it's self-inflicted.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

I'm conflicted.  The alternative is that families are not told of the loss and are lied to by the Russian government.
View Quote

It's useful to let families know the fate of their kids instead of wondering forever what happened to their kid. But russian civilians can't or won't do anything about it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:47:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Who are you wanting to replace her with?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

MTG is such complete babbling idiot and since I live in GA, I can't wait to help put her out of a job soon!

Who are you wanting to replace her with?
A silent sock of shit.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:

Yeah, fair
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

How many more guided missle ships sit in the black sea or Sevastopol? Is it a matter of targeting data?
View Quote

Can those be used to take out the bridge from Russia to Crimea?   Or maybe some Harpoons?
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

What sort of OTH radar do these work with, or do they do the high target acquisition, low approach, high attack thing?
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:49:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Putin is going to have follow through on his escalation threats if he "declares war".

He has no intent of letting go of mariupol, and the Ukrainians have no intention of letting him keep it. They will have to launch a counter offensive to get it back and will need heavy weapons to do so.

As a side note we need to see some heavy bombers brought down.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Targeting is a challenge, and the Russians have more ships than the Ukranians have missiles. The remaining ships are smaller and less important than the Moscow, but they're still there.

The Ukrainians need to be selective when deciding which RU ship needs to go bye bye, and they need to make their shots count.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#21]

ROST !
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Screen capture from a video of the sinking of the Moskva

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:53:01 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bizzarolibe:

It's naive to laugh this off. An official declaration of war gives Putin more legal latitude to escalate this conflict, which includes deploying WMD's.

It could be that a declaration of war by Russia could trigger some mandatory steps in terms of troops, equipment, money or even regional access on the part of other members of the Collective Security Treaty Organization.

It might force Belarus to move Belarus troops into Ukraine for example. Something they haven't wanted to do to this point.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

Ukraine probably has about ten more Neptun in inventory....
View All Quotes
Interesting.

So with a fixed number of black sea assets, it's just a matter of hunting each one down and sinking it.

UK is sending Harpoons. Crimea might be in play before this is over.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By anono:
What sort of OTH radar do these work with, or do they do the high target acquisition, low approach, high attack thing?
View Quote

Mostly AWACS, probably.

US is not sitting this one out, they're just not directly kinetically involved.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Balu:

Russian government's victimhood complex knows no bounds. They are like a wife-beating drunken asshole who complains that nobody likes him. Also, phobia is "fear" which is incorrect. We don't fear them just have disgust and contempt towards them. Which is absolutely justified.
View Quote

It's the communist playbook. Communism says the world is made up of oppressors and oppressed. It says everybody is obligated to fight the oppressors. The russian govt calls itself the oppressed. Russian dictator oligarchs or whatever are continuing the tactic the soviet union always used. Don't forget, russia said they invaded Ukraine to free oppressed russians who were victims of russophobia. Now they are going to say they have to declare war because Ukraine is attacking them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"An abandoned field camp of the Russian military between Makarov and the village of Lipovka, Kiev region.
The Russians were forced to retreat from here in early April. The photo of what they left behind was taken by AIN.UA editor-in-chief Ilya Kabachinsky."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-04-15_05-44-14_jpg-2349727.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-04-15_05-44-13_jpg-2349728.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-04-15_05-44-11_jpg-2349729.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-04-15_05-44-10_jpg-2349730.JPG
View Quote

A bottle of Glenmorangie... way too good for orcs. They obviously looted it. Hope they choked on it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By CS223:
View All Quotes
Interesting.

So with a fixed number of black sea assets, it's just a matter of hunting each one down and sinking it.

Z said as much. He also said diplomacy is done, so that kinda removes the whole "negotiating position".
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Harpoon is not an ineffictive system. Godspeed the defenders.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#31]

Interesting.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By frankiebagadonuts:

These are just my thoughts,

I see the strait closure as an attempt to de escalate, but I foresee it becoming a contentious issues as both Russia and later NATO will want to get assets in the black sea.  

I agree Finland and Sweden pushing Nato membership is due to Russia.  They know they are next as this heats up.

With Poland, Biden has sent 3k troops so far.  It’s a small force, but it looks like we are possibly selling or moving M1s to Poland, maybe F16s…  I see it as the vanguard to preparing or paving the way to defending a front.

Russia doesn't have any assets to move into the Black Sea.  It would take forever to relocate a vessel from the Baltic Sea and they would have to sail by many Nato countries to do so. This is why losing the Moskva is such a big deal.  With her loss, Russia has effectively lost control of the Black Sea.  They have no way to replace her.

Interesting.

In a just and right world, the Ukes would resurrect the Caspian Sea Monster and use it to salvo Shipwrecks into every remaining Russian capitol ship on the Black Sea.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Willmar:

That’s sigline material.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Willmar:
Originally Posted By BustinCaps:
The last six weeks has shown the Russian Federation to be nothing more than a giant ICP concert that found itself in possession of a military. Like trailer trash that received an inheritance.

That’s sigline material.

Don’t forget the gas station part. McCain was a piece of shit politically by many accounts, but his quote about Russia was pretty spot on.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

There are a few particular things russia wants out of this war. I'm not sure what those specific things are, oil fields, iron factories, stuff like that. But if they start to get the impression they are actually going to lose that stuff, I expect them to go scorched earth. Not just bombing targets, bombing everything. Poisoning everything. Mining everything. Raping and killing everybody.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:00:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Mostly AWACS, probably.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By anono:

Mostly AWACS, probably.

And if you think those Bayractars where anything more than flying plausible deniability's for some one else's ECM I'd like to sell you a slightly used T-72.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:01:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

Don’t forget the gas station part. McCain was a piece of shit politically by many accounts, but his quote about Russia was pretty spot on.
View Quote

John McCain: Russia is a 'gas station masquerading as a country'
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:
In a just and right world, the Ukes would resurrect the Caspian Sea Monster and use it to salvo Shipwrecks into every remaining Russian capitol ship on the Black Sea.
View Quote

Russia doesn't have any Capital ships on the black sea. That's yesterday's news.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Yup. I posted about 600 pages or so back on who Dudayev was and why he’s respected by people in Ukraine as well as the Baltics.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

To differentiate the groups, those on the Ukrainian side are perhaps better described as Ichkerians
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chechen_Republic_of_Ichkeria

The US made a massive mistake when Clinton did Yeltsin a favor and killed Dudayev,after which it turned the matter of Chechen independence  from nationalism to religion but it really doesn’t matter,Dubya would have supported anything Putin wanted to do after 9/11 anyway because “yer with us or a turrist” so it was just a matter of timing.

What Russia is doing in Ukraine is the exact same thing as they did in Chechnya
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/oct/27/chechnya.russia2

One of the Ichkerian battalion leaders has said that they will burn the Kadyrovites’ beards off and that “Basiyev would have cut your heads off”  so if/when they meet I would not expect much mercy. Kadyrov’s rabble  are seen by them as  religious and ethnic traitors and nobody likes traitors, especially folks with fundamentalist leanings.

Yup. I posted about 600 pages or so back on who Dudayev was and why he’s respected by people in Ukraine as well as the Baltics.

Those videos you posted were very informative and illuminating. He described Russian imperial expansionism with astonishing accuracy, in an almost prophetic way. No wonder they assassinated him.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

There are a few particular things russia wants out of this war. I'm not sure what those specific things are, oil fields, iron factories, stuff like that. But if they start to get the impression they are actually going to lose that stuff, I expect them to go scorched earth. Not just bombing targets, bombing everything. Poisoning everything. Mining everything. Raping and killing everybody.
View Quote

Gonna go full Sherman?
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:06:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Targeting is a challenge, and the Russians have more ships than the Ukranians have missiles. The remaining ships are smaller and less important than the Moscow, but they're still there.

The Ukrainians need to be selective when deciding which RU ship needs to go bye bye, and they need to make their shots count.
View Quote

Which one was launching all those kaliburs? The photos we saw 6 or  8 at a time going up ml
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

If the Russian ships can't get close to the shore and it allows other parts of Ukraine to have sea access then they don't need to burn more missiles.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Russia doesn't have any Capital ships on the black sea. That's yesterday's news.
View Quote

Hush! Just let the guy have his fantasy!

It is a mighty fine fantasy,

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Cruel irony.

https://i.redd.it/n615iugr7qt81.jpg
View Quote

Damn, that's cool, I'm saving that one!

💀
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Which one was launching all those kaliburs? The photos we saw 6 or  8 at a time going up ml
View All Quotes

Any number of a couple dozen Frigates/Corvettes/Missile Boats from the Black Sea Fleet and, reportedly, the Caspian Flotilla.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:

At this point in time, anything in their Black Sea fleet that's bigger than a rowboat and can lob missiles is probably viewed by them as such.

Fuck them all; sink them all.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Agree. The mothers will see their child looking like roadkill, know they are dead, and sob. They will tell everyone in their village and some will become scared while others enraged.

It could be done in a decent professional way..."dear Gold Star mother, on behalf of the UA fighting for our freedom, we regret to inform you that your son fell while attempting to kill our women and children and take our land. If you would like a picture of your child for identification, please respond"...
View Quote

Too bad the one's sending the pictures don't have the luxury of sanitized brutality. Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#46]
At this point, I think Russia has just about shit themselves out of every capable platform and PGM in their inventory. It ain't gonna get better from here. Only step left is nukes to prevent disassembly of the Russian State.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:19:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#47]
Until images come in, this is all we have.

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:21:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Logcutter] [#49]

View Quote

Russia is at risk of being destroyed.

Not for the reasons Putin puts out there, but they damn sure are
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5589
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1645 of 5589)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top