Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4626 of 5588)
Page / 5588
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_2592-2907841.jpg
View Quote

Muscovia?
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Capta:

It's not only an attack on a military target, it's a demonstration that if Russia actually tries a hard blockade then Ukrainian will institute commerce war as well.  Russia has been successful thus far threatening damage against civilian shipping without actually having to do it.  Ukraine can now do likewise and Russia can't afford to have freight to Rostov and Novorossiysk interrupted.
This is bigger news than it looks like.
View Quote

Not a Navy guy but I certainly wouldn't expect Merchant ships to have the hull thickness and number sealable internal compartments that a warship has.  You would expect a blast big enough have that warship listing the way it was would put a merchant ship on the bottom, would you not?
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Bakelite47:

I suggested that maybe the pro Russian parts of Ukraine aren't worth fighting or dying for.

But that's Ukrainians decision to make, and we should let them decide. In the meantime we should give them long range missiles and lots of armor.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
They're losing tons of bright men in the trenches, women are leaving as refugees, their shit is getting bombed constantly. They could have peace tomorrow, but they would have to give up land. Which they are not willing to do. Imo they would be better off without the pro Russian parts of Ukraine, but it's not my country.

Which “pro-Russian” parts of Ukraine are you talking about?  Be specific please.

No, they could NOT have peace tomorrow if they give up land. Ukraine has no right to exist independent of Russia, have you read NOTHING of what Russia has been saying?

Here's the vote for independence in 1991:
https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Ukraine_LeftAffixedMaps_3.png
Since 2022, the "pro-Russian" people in Ukraine have been turning their backs on Russia, making every effort not to speak the language of the "invader," taking Russian-language books to be made into toilet paper. The "separatist" movement in Donbas was 100% initiated by FSB, an FSB leader stated on video that he had to force the local councils to support independence from Ukraine. There are no "pro-Russian" parts of Ukraine anymore, if there ever were. All the pro-independence people are getting literally killed in a war that Putin started for Putin's benefit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Ukrainian_parliamentary_election

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cd/%D0%A0%D0%B5%D0%B7%D1%83%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B8_%D0%9F%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82%D1%81%D1%8C%D0%BA%D0%B8%D1%85_%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%96%D0%B2_%D0%B2_%D0%A3%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%97%D0%BD%D1%96_2019_%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BA%D1%83_%D0%B7%D0%B0_%D0%BE%D0%BA%D1%80%D1%83%D0%B3%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B8.svg/1280px-%D0%A0%D0%B5%D0%B7%D1%83%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B8_%D0%9F%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82%D1%81%D1%8C%D0%BA%D0%B8%D1%85_%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%96%D0%B2_%D0%B2_%D0%A3%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%97%D0%BD%D1%96_2019_%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BA%D1%83_%D0%B7%D0%B0_%D0%BE%D0%BA%D1%80%D1%83%D0%B3%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B8.svg.png

The parts that voted for a pro Russian party? There are 2 million Ukrainian refugees who chose to live in Russia rather than in Europe. Maybe some of them? The soldiers who have been fighting against the central government for the past 10 years?

I'll make it simple: do you think people in northern Ireland want to be part of Ireland, or the UK?

Anyway, fuck Putin for starting this mess.

Any poll or other means of gathering support data AFTER  areas have been occupied is invalid. People were being held at gun point to vote. Go back to the 1991 polling shown earlier. That is as close as it would ever get, coming freshly out from under the USSR.

The fact Little Green Men (Wagner and Spetsnaz) were necessary demonstrate there was not popular support for Russia so they infiltrated some.

I don’t know why you are determined to show some oblasts really really wanted to be Russian. That is a lie. A straight up Russian narrative unhinged from reality.

Those are voting results from Ukrainian controlled territories.

Yes all of Ukraine when it was controlled by Ukraine. You don’t count results after an army has invaded and occupied!  

What is your point?

The eastern most parts of Ukraine voted majority for a pro Russian party. I don't see how this is any different than northern Ireland in this regard.

Hold up... you are saying Ukraine does not have the right to its sovereign borders since 1991 because of some pro-russians?

that would be like all the millions of illegals in texas "voting" for texas to become a part of mexico..

I never said that.

I guess I’m confused by your comments then, can you explain what you mean about the territories inside Ukraine that have Russian speakers (who were illegally relocated there prior to and after 2014) that held illegal referendum votes?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Ukrainian_parliamentary_election

It's a map of the 2019 Ukrainian parliamentary election. It has nothing to do with any referendum. It shows a few areas in the far east voting for a pro Russian party.

Also Russian speaking doesn't play a role in anything. Every refugee I've seen and met has been speaking Russian.

And what about it that you are trying to convey here

I suggested that maybe the pro Russian parts of Ukraine aren't worth fighting or dying for.

But that's Ukrainians decision to make, and we should let them decide. In the meantime we should give them long range missiles and lots of armor.

Be nice if your country was willing to get with the times. Not blaming this on you.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Supplies to Crimea may be limited.

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://twitter.com/noclador/status/1687516943924809748

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2tDt84XUA8j1rC?format=jpg&name=small

Passive IR seeker that is more advanced,  and images the target, and can reject countermeasures.

https://www.ausairpower.net/ADF/000-ASRAAM-4A.jpg
View Quote

How am I supposed to pronounce, "ASRAAM"?
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Based mofo!  Genius.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JSteensen:
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Due to an incident, considering this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NP8y63Ms4o

As I said before, this is basically a boot camp refresher with a  concentration on training. The problem is some of these guys think that this is some sort of vacation. So unfortunately they have to be reminded quickly to get their shit together and not fuck around with being little asses. In no way is this a power trip on them. We all discussed how to handle getting them in check, and if that doesn't work, they go home.
Once upon a time, my squad was fucking up in a big way. Doing dumb shit, missing time hacks, just stupid stuff. The normal minor course corrections werent having the intended effect. So...I went to the store one night. Spent a few bucks. Got them in formation the next morning and issued them all pacifiers. They were to maintain it on their person until further notice - whenever I decided they had stopped acting like fucking children and could be functioning adults again.

Half the squad was beyond words pissed. The other half laughed, and understood where I was coming from. The entire squad tightened their shit up and did what they were supposed to do.

One soldier carried that binky with him until he ETS'd.

Based mofo!  Genius.

Thanks. I think the Barney print on them was the best touch.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Drone bombing a T-90 while it runs away after the drone found the drift offset from the first bomb.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Now.

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By QUACK32:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By QUACK32:
Drone bombing a T-90 while it runs away after the drone found the drift offset from the first bomb.

They aren't supposed to air defense the tank turrets with drones.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By m00ler03:
View Quote

I'm seeing some twitter chatter about this as well.
Nothing confirmed yet.

Twitter Link

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Crash_Test_Dhimmi:

View All Quotes

https://twitter.com/noclador/status/1687516943924809748

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2tDt84XUA8j1rC?format=jpg&name=small

Passive IR seeker that is more advanced,  and images the target, and can reject countermeasures.

https://www.ausairpower.net/ADF/000-ASRAAM-4A.jpg

lol, everyone laughs when I say it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:15:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LurkerII] [#13]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

Helluva shot on a moving target.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

A: Dithering and cowardly leadership with escalation fear pee running down legs (pacifist anti-military administration trying to manage the war politically fearing that a decisive UA victory would upset the status quo).

B: Malevolent and sinister plan to intentionally slow walk or withhold strategically critical equipment to force Ukraine to fight a grueling attrition war to weaken and slow-boil Russia.

C: Giving just enough aid to keep Ukraine alive and totally dependent of the prospect of further aid so they STFU about Xiden and Burisma etc. for 2024 election.

D: Deal between Xiden and Putin via back channel agreements on no NATO weapon use on Russian soil, (no ATACMC, F16's etc) agreeing that Russia can keep whatever they can hold militarily in exchange for no NBC use.

Personally I think all A-D are in effect to some degree however primary a combo of C and D.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Why are they in storage, and not being given to Ukraine?

A: Dithering and cowardly leadership with escalation fear pee running down legs (pacifist anti-military administration trying to manage the war politically fearing that a decisive UA victory would upset the status quo).

B: Malevolent and sinister plan to intentionally slow walk or withhold strategically critical equipment to force Ukraine to fight a grueling attrition war to weaken and slow-boil Russia.

C: Giving just enough aid to keep Ukraine alive and totally dependent of the prospect of further aid so they STFU about Xiden and Burisma etc. for 2024 election.

D: Deal between Xiden and Putin via back channel agreements on no NATO weapon use on Russian soil, (no ATACMC, F16's etc) agreeing that Russia can keep whatever they can hold militarily in exchange for no NBC use.

Personally I think all A-D are in effect to some degree however primary a combo of C and D.

I don’t think C) is malevolent, just ruthless.  Wouldn’t surprise me if the Brits were the real authors of it.  They are the kings of absolutely ruthless, cold-blooded strategic decision-making.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By voyager3:
Speaking of arbitrary borders. How defensible would the internationally recognized Ukrainian borders be if Ukraine manages to reclaim 100% of their territory? Is there a plan for what happens then if Russia still doesn't quit?
View Quote

The plan is most likely to divert Russia from Ukraine with more pressing issues, like economic problems, army mutinies, and the collapse of their power in various hinterlands.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:26:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yekimak] [#18]
Not getting sleep tonight.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:27:47 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Good.  A European nation taking a hard look at the situation and taking rational action.
More.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:30:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I hope they hit a fuel truck or more
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

"... a fire started in the area of the Crimean bridge,"

Time to start partying!

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Gotta be one of the most massive mistakes of all time for Ukraine to give up its nukes and delivery systems.  Bill Clinton, to his credit, actually apologized for his role in that in an interview.
Downside is everyone now will have to get nukes.
View Quote

Honestly, that has been inevitable ever since the international broadcast of Gadaffi being rewarded for giving up his nukes.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

Time to start partying!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqKe_T3gbVo
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

Time to start partying!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqKe_T3gbVo

Russian air defense right now:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Before it gets lost in the bridge updates, I'm surprised those Soviet memorials weren't tore down a long time ago in some of those places honestly
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Ukraine on time with the weekend entertainment

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Seen in Ukraine.

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By yekimak:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66660/IMG_20230804_173610_684_jpg-2908362.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#33]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66660/IMG_20230804_173610_684_jpg-2908362.JPG
View Quote

The CIA needs to be backdoor sneaking Russians badass looking 3d printed lawn darts with directions saying if you all bunch up and throw them straight up in the air they will hover and protect against drones
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:
Before it gets lost in the bridge updates, I'm surprised those Soviet memorials weren't tore down a long time ago in some of those places honestly
View Quote

I'm not a fan of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. It's not the fault of the soldiers who fought the Nazis that their descendants decided to be the new nazis. A good number of those soldiers were Ukrainians too.
Same goes about using Nazi symbols: the fact that the Russians are the bad guys now doesn't mean the WW2 Germans suddenly become the good guys.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:49:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
As it reads, launched by a Supacat. The more modern variation is the ASNNDR launched by the Supadupacat.
View Quote

So the "Ass Ram" came before the "Ass Ender"?
I just want to see a lower enlisted briefing an officer on all of this.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:50:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_Mike] [#37]

View Quote

I've heard "aze ram" to avoid the alternative.

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:53:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#39]
5 minutes ago.

https://twitter.com/PStyle0ne1/status/1687581093975760896

In the Russian Federation, an explosion rang out at the Votkan factory, which produces "Iskanders".

There are no casualties, the units are working normally per Russian media
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:56:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#40]
Wow.  No confirmation yet.

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:58:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#42]

View Quote

Sinking stolen or Russian oil?
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Hehehe. Good. Good.

Hope they succeed.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#44]

[/qu

ote]That would be serious
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Twitter Link
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#46]
lol, uh oh.

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By voyager3:

I'm not a fan of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. It's not the fault of the soldiers who fought the Nazis that their descendants decided to be the new nazis. A good number of those soldiers were Ukrainians too.
Same goes about using Nazi symbols: the fact that the Russians are the bad guys now doesn't mean the WW2 Germans suddenly become the good guys.
View Quote

Oh I know that. I'm actually not for melting anything down..use it as a teaching tool and a reminder. It's just I thought a lot of those would have been moved based on the attitudes of those countries, especially after invasion. If Poland was a football player they would be the guy that goes out to midfield and spits on the home teams logo
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#48]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2rAQRDbkAAnnOL?format=png&name=small
View Quote

Their replacement series has only four planned ships, according to wikipedia.   Two completed for the Northern Fleet and two planned for Pacific fleet.

Their entire 775/M fleet looks to be in the Black Sea or under it.   So... they basically have two whole landing ships in their Northern Fleet and a whopping Zero point Zero landing ships in the Pacific?  

Woof.  They sure seem to have alot of confidence they're not going to need those landing ships literally anywhere else in the world any time soon.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#49]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2uAlQsXMAAbdRD?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2uAlQsXMAAbdRD?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66660/IMG_20230804_180549_915_jpg-2908394.JPG

Video if true is going to be epic.
Page / 5588
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4626 of 5588)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top