Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3676 of 5589)
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/12/2023 1:10:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

“Russia has decided to convene a meeting of the UN Security Council to discuss "Russophobia," which, according to the Kremlin, does not allow it to successfully complete its military campaign against Ukraine.
View Quote

Where do I sign up as a Russophobe?
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 1:41:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Capta:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

“Russia has decided to convene a meeting of the UN Security Council to discuss "Russophobia," which, according to the Kremlin, does not allow it to successfully complete its military campaign against Ukraine.

Right, they say it like it’s a bad thing.

And that crap held water before the invasion! But they’ve successfully taught the world russophobe means hate-evil-ophobe.

You know they’re at rock bottom when they say that because their propagandists have to be at least suspecting the world thinks that’s a good thing.

Though, maybe there is some value in the connotation of “phobe” anything being a trigger for the left (which is against them in the US and west, so they’re wasting their breath). Their homophobe trumps russophobe.

That’s a lot of buzzwords in one post. But that’s the world the propagandist play in…
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 1:47:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

Cool. “Most of them are located in Moscow and St Petersburg.”  

So far most of the mobiks are coming OUTSIDE of those core areas. They have not felt the full pain of seeing people they know never being heard from again or mass delivery coffins.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 1:51:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 1:51:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

The only Air Force in the world that can establish Air Supremacy over an industrialized enemy is the USAF (usually with Navy). It’s shockingly expensive and most militaries worldwide would be well advised to not even try, it’s not worth the investment to struggle at it if you aren’t going to get it done.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

There are some good points there. But also some that are more specific to the location and nature of the two forces.

What is lacking from this it seems is appreciation of air superiority. That should be the number one lesson regardless of terrain or at sea: if you want to avoid trench attrition warfare you must establish air superiority with AD, anti-radar, fighters and CAS. With dominance of the air then armor maneuvers and UAV are much freer to be used.

But the article does emphasize that ultimately you have to have armor, artillery of all forms and infantry to own the land. I think the US has all this knowledge but was woken up that numbers are important too.

The only Air Force in the world that can establish Air Supremacy over an industrialized enemy is the USAF (usually with Navy). It’s shockingly expensive and most militaries worldwide would be well advised to not even try, it’s not worth the investment to struggle at it if you aren’t going to get it done.

Yeah I was assuming since it was by US officers it was directed at the US. But that is an interesting point you make that if directed to any other country, don’t try for air superiority. A couple of questions:

1) Do you think it possible for Ukraine to eventually achieve superiority with the trend of aid we are giving?

2) For other countries, what is their best alternative? AD and missiles?
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 1:57:46 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Mmmmm. Hammer Glock. Eat my dust 1911!!!

Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 2:02:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Right, they say it like it’s a bad thing. …
View Quote

RUSSOPHOBE?
Attachment Attached File

1) Do you think it possible for Ukraine to eventually achieve superiority with the trend of aid we are giving?

View Quote

At the current rate, not this year.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 2:02:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

That thing is barely even fit to kill commies. He needs some rattle-cans before that ugly paint job gets him killed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
Predator

Well, of course not M4A1🇺🇸
But not bad either
P.S. welcome to hell🦅🇺🇦

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/0617F343-F5A2-4345-B4FA-3F63DA28A50A-2742361.jpg
https://t.me/lost_generation_21/118

That thing is barely even fit to kill commies. He needs some rattle-cans before that ugly paint job gets him killed.

Operating operators all know that furniture and receivers that are not color coordinated degrade ballistic performance 23%. You could literally die.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 2:13:18 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Everything is better in thermal! Was that a piece of commie flying to the left on the second drop?

To Jacks meme earlier-now imagine a full on NATO assault at night. It would noooot take long my friends, not long at all.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 3:38:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 3:43:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 3:49:18 AM EDT
[#12]

That’s insane-well done lads!
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 3:50:49 AM EDT
[#13]

We need a like button...
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 4:00:42 AM EDT
[#14]

“Russia has decided to convene a meeting of the UN Security Council to discuss "Russophobia," which, according to the Kremlin, does not allow it to successfully complete its military campaign against Ukraine

Ukraine's Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Sergiy Kyslytsya, reacted to this on Twitter.
“Russian fascist federation has done a hatchet job on Goebbels surpassing his anti-decency standard when requested a meeting of Security Council on 14 March to focus on "Russophobia as a factor hindering the search for a long-term & sustainable solution to the Ukrainian crisis," Kyslytsya wrote.”

What a clown world, kudos to the Ukrainian reps for not egging this guys car every single day.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2023 4:05:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#15]
Predator

But not bad either
P.S. welcome to hell🦅🇺🇦

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/0617F343-F5A2-4345-B4FA-3F63DA28A50A-2742361.jpg
View Quote

Wow! What an experience.

I sent that pic to Magpul with a link to our group, and my write-up.
https://instagram.com/cf_garnizon?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://t.co/qZ8zjr4aG1
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 4:15:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Predator

But not bad either
P.S. welcome to hell🦅🇺🇦

View Quote

He looks so young.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 4:35:41 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

The use of thermals is becoming somewhat pervasive with the UKE's. Own the night.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 4:36:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: toaster] [#18]

ETA: These over 1K numbers... Troop assembly points?

Oh and...

Link Posted: 3/12/2023 4:47:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 6:07:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Solovyov is way funnier after two or three scotches:

https://youtu.be/lCS0J_2z5Cc

https://youtu.be/kuxrac8nVuY

Another Mikhail Khodarenok sighting, saying “we need to end the conflict as soon as possible:

https://youtu.be/te_f-QZ2eOY

https://youtu.be/6vKLdq323Zs
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 6:59:04 AM EDT
[#21]

Yeah I was assuming since it was by US officers it was directed at the US. But that is an interesting point you make that if directed to any other country, don’t try for air superiority. A couple of questions:

View Quote

1) No.
2) ADA and guided missiles.

That’s not to say they shouldn’t have some planes but the expectations need to be modest. You can get a battery of HIMARS for the price of an F-35, for instance, and which does more damage?
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 7:01:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#22]

Bakhmut, 93
(assuming that means the 93rd)

Link Posted: 3/12/2023 7:16:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#23]

https://vk.com/wall-27532693_3933056

Link Posted: 3/12/2023 7:28:17 AM EDT
[#24]

#BringBackSpec5+
View All Quotes

Time in grade and time in service could be extended for sure. A lot of the demand for more senior guys could probably be relieved with guys that have the same number of years even if they are less senior. And more warrants! USAF I’m looking at you.

It’s time to ask if the branch system is an advantage or an impediment and if we might be better served with long time in service and time in grade so you get guys with some depth of experience. Europeans often have junior officers with as much time as US field grades and it works for them. Don’t need to zoom everyone up like they might be the next Chief of Staff…

#BringBackSpec5+

Take that crap somewhere else.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 7:31:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Time in grade and time in service could be extended for sure. A lot of the demand for more senior guys could probably be relieved with guys that have the same number of years even if they are less senior. And more warrants! USAF I’m looking at you.

In total agreement.  Couldn't have stated it better!

It’s time to ask if the branch system is an advantage or an impediment and if we might be better served with long time in service and time in grade so you get guys with some depth of experience. Europeans often have junior officers with as much time as US field grades and it works for them. Don’t need to zoom everyone up like they might be the next Chief of Staff

Branches are a weird animal.  Some are very good at what they do and add value (Signal Corps comes to mind), while others, not so much.  Some mergers have gone well (the aforementioned integration of FA and ADA into the Fires realm and the formal linkage with Aviation), while some others have been not as successful (the merger of Infantry and Armor in the Maneuver function, in which the Armor branch was treated as the junior partner and shed a lot of their more effective capabilities, or the Looting of the Transportation Corps when they were rolled into the "Logistics" function).  

The combination of our current "up or out" promotion system and "early promotions" by design shortchanges the most promising officers as it ensures they will have less operational experience than other officers of the same grade.  Due to KD and Command time requirements, this necessarily limits the "breadth" of their experience.  This is, of course, a "necessary evil" if you are fighting WWII or something, but can have negative consequences when a commander has less operational experience than his/her peers, or even subordinates.  After all "a double below the zone" guy/gal has at least two years less experience than peers. A system that is more of a "pull" system as opposed to a "push" system will also help to break up the "year group" issue where oftentimes positions are filled with "who's available in this specific group" rather than "who is the most qualified", and can also potentially mitigate some of the damage caused by "Flavor of the Month" promotion policies.  

The federal reserve is a mess compared even to NG. Just get rid of it. But there needs to be operational and strategic reserves. HIMARS13A was saying that we should use life cycle (1 active 4 reserve years) for operational reserves. It seems smart to me.

This matches my experience as well (Served in the FLARNG as enlisted and as an SMP between my Active Duty stints; also served in an AC/RC unit as an Active Duty officer.) The Army Reserve was generally a hot mess above the Company-level, and oftentimes a hot mess top to bottom.  National Guard varied a lot, usually by state from "Nearly as good as an AD unit" to "OMFG"; but I cannot recall any occasion where Army Reserve units above the Company level were better than their equivalent ARNG peers.  Generally AR units were a lot worse from a training and mobilization standpoint than their NG peers.  I  would also open a lot of institutional army jobs/positions to reservists, to include any/all faculty and administrative positions at the Military Academies.  As a matter of fact, faculty would come in three flavors:  Serving National Guard/Reserve members, Active Duty, and Retired Military, with maybe a few Diplomats and retired State Department types that were limited to teaching International/Foreign relations and Civil/Military relations type courses.    

View All Quotes

That is fine, except for the fact that it doesn't address the "Mass" issue, the need for expanded capabilities, etc, and also doesn't do anything to break the Institutional issues.  If you could "break the phalanx" of the PBBE and DOTML-PF bureaucracy, modify "up-or-out" promotion policies, and reduce the # of billets requiring GO/FOs and/or GS equivalents, you could fund most of the shortfalls for personnel.  Among the services, they are all "rank-heavy" with the Air Force being in the worst shape (though they are all desperately in need of a "senior structure diet").

Also, we need to break the stovepipes between capabilities, similar to the partial functional merger of the Field Artillery, ADA, and to sone extent, the Army Aviation Branch in the early 2010's, which greatly speeded up the delivery of ALL fires functions and created a world where an Infantry Company Commander, if he has a sharp FSO whose done the proper coordination, can get information relayed up to Theater-Level HIMAD ADA and Fires assets and receive information in return, or that Battalion and Brigade commanders can monitor in real time the Ground, Air, and Artillery fight simultaneously.

It’s time to ask if the branch system is an advantage or an impediment and if we might be better served with long time in service and time in grade so you get guys with some depth of experience. Europeans often have junior officers with as much time as US field grades and it works for them. Don’t need to zoom everyone up like they might be the next Chief of Staff…

My take is that we need to rapidly expand our reserve components (especially National Guard, as these seem to be better supported than Federal Reserve forces and are much harder to cut) even at some expense to the AC force and work on the Active Component to develop and implement the "cutting edge" tech fieldings and serve as the "Tip of the Spear"; which means that ROTC and OCS will still be necessary (and may even need to expand, as improving "Mass" means you'll need More junior/Company Grade officers out doing Company Grade officer things, either on a part-time or full-time basis).

The federal reserve is a mess compared even to NG. Just get rid of it. But there needs to be operational and strategic reserves. HIMARS13A was saying that we should use life cycle (1 active 4 reserve years) for operational reserves. It seems smart to me.

I am OK with the Academies as four-year institutions, but I would add a "qualifying service requirement" of Military Service of some form Prior to application.  For direct Congressional Appointees, the process can go as it currently is, but once accepted, you have to serve a certain time as an enlisted before you actually enroll at West Point.  This will keep standards high but deter the folks merely applying to get the degree then do the minimum.  Going Forward, a lot will need to change.

If we made USMA a 1 year program that you applied to contingent to graduating college the free college people would be cut right out. My college room mate ended up being an officer in the Army because he was seen leaving the financial aid office on a deadline day, visibly upset. He’s a great guy but hanging out looking for guys in a tight spot with college money is not a substitute for proper hiring practices.

In total agreement.  Couldn't have stated it better!

It’s time to ask if the branch system is an advantage or an impediment and if we might be better served with long time in service and time in grade so you get guys with some depth of experience. Europeans often have junior officers with as much time as US field grades and it works for them. Don’t need to zoom everyone up like they might be the next Chief of Staff

Branches are a weird animal.  Some are very good at what they do and add value (Signal Corps comes to mind), while others, not so much.  Some mergers have gone well (the aforementioned integration of FA and ADA into the Fires realm and the formal linkage with Aviation), while some others have been not as successful (the merger of Infantry and Armor in the Maneuver function, in which the Armor branch was treated as the junior partner and shed a lot of their more effective capabilities, or the Looting of the Transportation Corps when they were rolled into the "Logistics" function).  

The combination of our current "up or out" promotion system and "early promotions" by design shortchanges the most promising officers as it ensures they will have less operational experience than other officers of the same grade.  Due to KD and Command time requirements, this necessarily limits the "breadth" of their experience.  This is, of course, a "necessary evil" if you are fighting WWII or something, but can have negative consequences when a commander has less operational experience than his/her peers, or even subordinates.  After all "a double below the zone" guy/gal has at least two years less experience than peers. A system that is more of a "pull" system as opposed to a "push" system will also help to break up the "year group" issue where oftentimes positions are filled with "who's available in this specific group" rather than "who is the most qualified", and can also potentially mitigate some of the damage caused by "Flavor of the Month" promotion policies.  

This matches my experience as well (Served in the FLARNG as enlisted and as an SMP between my Active Duty stints; also served in an AC/RC unit as an Active Duty officer.) The Army Reserve was generally a hot mess above the Company-level, and oftentimes a hot mess top to bottom.  National Guard varied a lot, usually by state from "Nearly as good as an AD unit" to "OMFG"; but I cannot recall any occasion where Army Reserve units above the Company level were better than their equivalent ARNG peers.  Generally AR units were a lot worse from a training and mobilization standpoint than their NG peers.  I  would also open a lot of institutional army jobs/positions to reservists, to include any/all faculty and administrative positions at the Military Academies.  As a matter of fact, faculty would come in three flavors:  Serving National Guard/Reserve members, Active Duty, and Retired Military, with maybe a few Diplomats and retired State Department types that were limited to teaching International/Foreign relations and Civil/Military relations type courses.    

Why do you think anyone wants to read this crap on here?
Stop posting your thesis papers.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 7:34:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By postpostban:

Why do you think anyone wants to read this crap on here?
Stop posting your thesis papers.
View Quote

I do.

Stop telling people what to do and contribute something.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 7:42:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 3/12/2023 7:44:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

It’s not quite as crazy as it sounds - just hasn’t been done for a long time. Until WWI, this was not weird in Europe.  Historically, it’s been done an on even bigger scale.  When building the German Imperial Navy, they relied heavily on public “subscription” to pay for shipbuilding - communities, schools, etc. would voluntarily raise the funds to donate to pay for a ship the government could not.  This also had big consequences for WWI - at the very start the UK seized two battleships being built for Turkey that were in UK yards.  This seriously pissed off the Turks nation-wide because they had been crowd-funded, and it made the issue much, much more volatile to the Turkish public than it otherwise would have been.  Some speculate it was a big reason the Turk leadership sided with Germany vs. the Allies, which greatly enlarged and prolonged the war, and was a major factor in enabling the Russian Revolution.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack67:
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/QLvevAp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zdcZ3vG.jpg

Crowdfunding AFVs... crazy times.

It’s not quite as crazy as it sounds - just hasn’t been done for a long time. Until WWI, this was not weird in Europe.  Historically, it’s been done an on even bigger scale.  When building the German Imperial Navy, they relied heavily on public “subscription” to pay for shipbuilding - communities, schools, etc. would voluntarily raise the funds to donate to pay for a ship the government could not.  This also had big consequences for WWI - at the very start the UK seized two battleships being built for Turkey that were in UK yards.  This seriously pissed off the Turks nation-wide because they had been crowd-funded, and it made the issue much, much more volatile to the Turkish public than it otherwise would have been.  Some speculate it was a big reason the Turk leadership sided with Germany vs. the Allies, which greatly enlarged and prolonged the war, and was a major factor in enabling the Russian Revolution.

Yup, I was going to reply with a similar note.  My grandfather served in Princes Patricia's Light Infantry in WWI.  It had been funded by a rich Canadian, so I've been told.

Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:16:54 AM EDT
[#29]
The Economic War in Ukraine a Year On - The energy war, politics & production
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#30]

The side armor of the BMP-2 hull after the PG-9V grenade hited the ERA box.
1988, tests of NII Stali
View Quote

The ERA there is clearly can't protect nothing. This is clearly a VBIED with task to blowing up and destroy the BMP with crew and infantery team.

I see no other reason for mounting a standard tank ERA on a thin armored personnel carrier. For back in 1988, on the NII Stali tests of a Kontact-3, (Kontakt-1 ERA adapted for BMP-2)  remote sensing device with 4C20 ERA protection elements on the BMP-2, an unambiguous result was obtained:
"Field tests of these complexes, however, showed their complete unsuitability for use in the protection of the IFV/APC. Thin armor during a joint explosion of a DZ block and a grenade, when the total mass of the blown up explosive reached 1,1-1,2 kg, simply broke, incapacitating the machine itself."
View Quote

https://thedeaddistrict.blogspot.com/2021/01/bmp-2-with-k-1-era.html
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:19:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#31]

Not sure what's going on in this one.
Red berets?
Airborne assault troops of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
Glory to the Defenders of Ukraine!

Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Pilot's Associate (another DARPA initiative) was in the 80s. Seems every decade or so, "AI" comes up as the new hotness only to be relegated to niche applications due to it's inherent limitations.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By planemaker:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Because it is inconvenient.  From a "guns/butter" perspective, no one writing, approving, or executing the budgetary process wants to hear the truth, that in the drone vs manned aircraft vs air defense argument, the answer to "which capability we need to prioritize" is "All of the above", or that much of the new capabilities we are seeing do not "replace" or supersede existing capabilities but instead create an entirely new dimension of the battlefield that needs to be addressed.  War is expensive and is going to get a whole lot pricier!

I look forward to the day that we create a bird sized drone that can travel 200km with a dragon fly sized drone payload. Takes it to a destination and drops it off. It would leave the area and self destruct. The payload can "hibernate" and wake up via satellite up to 3 months, and be used to take out a single target at say, a public event.
That could cause some panic.

I'm wondering when the first terror attack with drones will happen.

These fuckers are taking notes.

I’m wondering when Skynet becomes self-aware.

https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/first-military-ai-controlled-flight-ever

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/02/the-us-air-force-successfully-tested-this-ai-controlled-jet-fighter/

Pilot's Associate (another DARPA initiative) was in the 80s. Seems every decade or so, "AI" comes up as the new hotness only to be relegated to niche applications due to it's inherent limitations.

Certainly, it happens in other areas too.  Like missile defense.   Eventually the technology catches up and can be implemented in a way that gives advantages.  I think we're there.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#33]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq_zOpOXgAQZsUm?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq_zjqmWAAANOQt?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq_z15UXgAAg4Gq?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq_0dlVWwAAp8b2?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq_0rfSWwAAWDIk?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq_1KR1XoAAUvOU?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq_1fFqWAAAvhRV?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq_3KUYWIAIRuRh?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

This guy always has informative stuff regarding the current Russian tactics.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:40:24 AM EDT
[#34]
https://i.imgur.com/9y84D77.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Y0H60WF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/31JWDm2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4KVhQ8t.jpg

The side armor of the BMP-2 hull after the PG-9V grenade hited the ERA box.
1988, tests of NII Stali

The ERA there is clearly can't protect nothing. This is clearly a VBIED with task to blowing up and destroy the BMP with crew and infantery team.

I see no other reason for mounting a standard tank ERA on a thin armored personnel carrier. For back in 1988, on the NII Stali tests of a Kontact-3, (Kontakt-1 ERA adapted for BMP-2)  remote sensing device with 4C20 ERA protection elements on the BMP-2, an unambiguous result was obtained:
"Field tests of these complexes, however, showed their complete unsuitability for use in the protection of the IFV/APC. Thin armor during a joint explosion of a DZ block and a grenade, when the total mass of the blown up explosive reached 1,1-1,2 kg, simply broke, incapacitating the machine itself."

https://thedeaddistrict.blogspot.com/2021/01/bmp-2-with-k-1-era.html

lol, yea I wondered when I saw the first few photos.  You confirmed the fatal flaw in that idea.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:43:12 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:44:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#37]
— AFU surveillance drone spotted 🇷🇺 tank column
— The drone transmits the coordinates to the artillery operations center via the GiS ARTA app
— Data is transmitted to PzH 2000
— PzH 2000 fires 🇩🇪 SMArt155 search fuse ammunition
— 🇷🇺 Tanks 💥
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:49:25 AM EDT
[#38]
I am truly amazed how well and quickly Ukies are adopting to NATO stuff ... its quite remarkable honestly...
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:52:24 AM EDT
[#39]

lol.

Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:54:20 AM EDT
[#40]

Paint scheme is bad ass too.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:55:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

“Phobia” means fear.

I don’t think that’s happening.

Maybe “Russian Punishment”.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#43]

For the first time since the Second World War: Japan can allow the export of weapons to countries that have suffered aggression.

Currently, there are rules in place in Japan, according to which the country can transfer military aircraft, armored vehicles and missiles only to those countries with which it jointly develops and produces such equipment.

The government put forward the idea of expanding the number of countries that have the right to receive Japanese weapons. In particular, it is about Ukraine.

Channel 24
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#44]

Certainly, it happens in other areas too.  Like missile defense.   Eventually the technology catches up and can be implemented in a way that gives advantages.  I think we're there.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:58:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#45]

Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:59:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#46]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq_zOpOXgAQZsUm?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq_zjqmWAAANOQt?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq_z15UXgAAg4Gq?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq_0dlVWwAAp8b2?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq_0rfSWwAAWDIk?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq_1KR1XoAAUvOU?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq_1fFqWAAAvhRV?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq_3KUYWIAIRuRh?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

Outside Bakhmut, Russian troops mimic NATO fighting strategy used by Ukrainians: In Lyman, Captain Andriy Malakhov is watching with concern as invaders’ strategies evolve and Kyiv debates next moves
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 3/12/2023 9:00:15 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Thanks for this, I'll have to finish reading it later, but it's already informative.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 9:01:38 AM EDT
[#49]

1) No.

That’s not to say they shouldn’t have some planes but the expectations need to be modest. You can get a battery of HIMARS for the price of an F-35, for instance, and which does more damage?
View All Quotes

1) No.

Each does their job well.

The HIMARS are more useful to Ukraine but if they actually had a couple F35s all those TU-95 Bear bombers launching cruise missiles would be dead already,
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 9:02:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#50]

Page / 5589
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3676 of 5589)
Top Top