Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2471 of 5588)
Page / 5588
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Snub To Russia, Shells For Ukraine? Is Pakistan Secretly Supplying Munitions To Kyiv's Forces?
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

JFC.....

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By kncook:

The video posted yesterday from a Russian BMP was worse.

Russian was filming when sitting on the back of a BMP. Commander standing halfway out the hatch.

They catch a tank round into the side of the BMP and you can slow-mo the tank commander vaporizing and the kid beside them gets peppered with shrapnel all over the side of his body.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By Houlagan72:
Originally Posted By CS223:
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Vid of an ATGM making three more Russian cosmonauts:

Holy shit! Watch the slow mo video further down the thread. Dude made low earth orbit!  New meaning to human cannonball.

Yep! Lol.
Took me a second to realize that smoking piece of flying debris was a person.

The video posted yesterday from a Russian BMP was worse.

Russian was filming when sitting on the back of a BMP. Commander standing halfway out the hatch.

They catch a tank round into the side of the BMP and you can slow-mo the tank commander vaporizing and the kid beside them gets peppered with shrapnel all over the side of his body.

Yeah. Saw that one too.
Messy.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:24:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#4]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Here's my guess for what's happened: Ukraine held on for as long as possible in the face of the usual way of Russian warfare: Indiscriminate destruction of the country being invaded. Russian morale was crappy all along, even when they were making gains. HIMARS was the turning point. Since then, I think Russian morale has started swinging toward outright mutiny. They still have a lot of men, a lot of armaments (albeit less than they used to), but the only thing that explains such large gains is a collapse of the average Russian soldier's will to fight.
View Quote

That is a good way to look at it. HIMARS changed the whole fucking game.

I wonder if the Ukrainians are going to build a big bronze statue somewhere in Kyiv of a HIMARS truck.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:28:16 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

I think we should expect random announcements of movements here or there that are not real. OPSEC and diversion, causing confusion and delay.  It all supports the Ukrainian offensive overall. Keeping the Russian defense guessing and off-balance results in more liberation anyway.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

I wonder if the Ukrainians are going to build a big bronze statue somewhere in Kyiv of a HIMARS truck.
View Quote

It was HIMARS and HARM that made the difference.  That came straight from the ukranian government.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

It was HIMARS and HARM that made the difference.  That came straight from the ukranian government.
View Quote

Yeah, my bad for forgetting about HARM. I was jumping out of my chair with excitement when I heard we were sending them AGM-88s (HARM)
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:33:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Another updated animated map to today.

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:35:05 PM EDT
[#10]

They can't really do anything with the fsb everywhere, they did in 2014 and a bunch of them disappeared.

China and Taiwan will be no different.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
I do truly feel sad for Russians who did not deserve this, all the families that lost sons, but…handle your shit at home, people.  You allowed this.  Now handle it, and don’t make that mistake again.

They can't really do anything with the fsb everywhere, they did in 2014 and a bunch of them disappeared.

China and Taiwan will be no different.

The security apparatus continues to exist because the citizens allow it.  Casualties would be necessary to destroy it, and Solzhenitsyn said the same - basically why didn’t we beat these NKVD motherfuckers to death with pipes?  Eighty years later we have the same evil scum running a country of basically decent people into the ground and fucking up as much of the rest of the world as they can.
The Army can handle the FSB and they have cred with the Russian people.  Get in there and fucking liquidate those MFs.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

I think we should expect random announcements of movements here or there that are not real. OPSEC and diversion, causing confusion and delay.  It all supports the Ukrainian offensive overall. Keeping the Russian defense guessing and off-balance results in more liberation anyway.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Oh yea, sometimes all of us here are unwitting participants when we find info to share with others.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:36:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Yeah, my bad for forgetting about HARM. I was jumping out of my chair with excitement when I heard we were sending them AGM-88s (HARM)
View Quote

And they only had it for a month compared to the 4 months of HIMARS.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:39:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By mbinky:

Unfortunately it's not just money.  No one wants to produce the components.  Some parts are so old they need new pieces (transistors that haven't been built in 20 years.,etc).  These newly designed boards need to be re-certified.  

Hypothetical.  The USMC had some old thermal parts they bought in 2004 or so.  Ten year warranty.  We ran them until 2020.  We tried to get new circuit cards made to fix the components.  The price for the new cards exceeded the original purchase price of the whole system, and the only vendor who would produce them was in Australia.

No just money, it's tooling up and remaking old technology.  No one wants to do that.  After the contract what can you do with the product?
View Quote

Ukrainians can make this kind of stuff. They are good at it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:40:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:
I never claimed that the USA is calling the shots but I’ve also no doubt the Ukrainians aren’t utilizing the best reconnaissance infrastructure the worlds ever had.

I’m more claiming that the CIA is doing UKR’s bidding more than vice versa.
View Quote

I misinterpreted you then. The US is definitely not calling the shots for Ukraine, but are providing a TON of intel. Probably everything - SIGINT, geospatial, ELINT, etc.

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the US intel community is partially blinded right now due to the focus on Ukraine. Not fully, but partially. Oxygen goes to the biggest flame.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#16]
3 minutes ago.

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:42:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
holy shit
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:
holy shit

Wow. That looks like what the Afghan army did with our stuff.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#18]
3 minutes ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FcVaJ2mX0AMs7S6?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
View Quote

Russia should definitely pack trains full of reinforcements and munitions, then till them right into range of UA batteries.

Another Russian master stroke.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I can't remember is this was posted today already, if so, apologies.

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Indeed.
I never quite grasped how so many here didn't grasp the scale of the annual US/NATO defence budget and the amount that over the years was needed to counter Russia in their great being a asshole project.
All versus the amount that was donated to Ukraine who were motivated in a liberty or death battle to neuter Russian conventional forces. I consider it pennies on the dollar and that's even not taking in to account lost of stuf as due for replacement anyway and genarated US arms sales providing employment for Americans.    
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sordidmesh:
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
I had two great uncles and a grandfather who fought in Korea, both uncles were leg infantry. My father in Vietnam. The payback is way overdue.

Whatever we contribute to help the Ukrainians is indeed a pittance compared to the blood the Ukrainians are spilling and the guts they have shown. When it is over if there is a debt, it will be us that owes it. Money is nothing to us, a tiny blip to our budget, weapons are nothing, we have lots and can make more. The Ukrainian men and women fighting now, are avenging ours who bled elsewhere decades ago.

Thank you for saying this.  You are right.

Indeed.
I never quite grasped how so many here didn't grasp the scale of the annual US/NATO defence budget and the amount that over the years was needed to counter Russia in their great being a asshole project.
All versus the amount that was donated to Ukraine who were motivated in a liberty or death battle to neuter Russian conventional forces. I consider it pennies on the dollar and that's even not taking in to account lost of stuf as due for replacement anyway and genarated US arms sales providing employment for Americans.    

IMO, this is money well spent. We can buy new shit to replenish our stocks for the upcoming fight against China. I don't want my kids to have to fight, but I believe they'd both do it in a heart beat if needed.

I have massive respect for the Ukrainian fighters, international volunteers, and Ukrainian citizens as well as the people in the surrounding countries who have taken in refugees and treated them as family.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:48:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mbinky] [#22]
So after watching the video’s from the last few days I am trying to decide.

What would be the best theme music?

“This is where it pays off.   The training , the discipline. No other outfit in the world.  ”  (From Patton)

Or the opening theme to “Kelly’s Heroes”, which I think fits the Hummer assault we witnessed quite nicely.

Kelly's Heroes Intro (Burning Bridges)
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Here's my guess for what's happened: Ukraine held on for as long as possible in the face of the usual way of Russian warfare: Indiscriminate destruction of the country being invaded. Russian morale was crappy all along, even when they were making gains. HIMARS was the turning point. Since then, I think Russian morale has started swinging toward outright mutiny. They still have a lot of men, a lot of armaments (albeit less than they used to), but the only thing that explains such large gains is a collapse of the average Russian soldier's will to fight.
View Quote

Russia really overestimated their Specops ability to move in and seize power in Kiev.
Remember all the Russian troops early on that didn't even know they were in Ukraine? Russia thought they could seize power then use their trash troops to put down the riots. That's all they needed they thought. When western weapons and Ukraines will to fight messed that up, they didn't really have a plan. Downhill from there.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:49:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar-jedi] [#24]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1568757686228946949?s=20[/tweet]

Fml. Lol.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:53:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Charging_Handle] [#26]
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#27]
3 hrs ago.

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Wonder how Colonel Douglas Macgregor is doing.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:58:15 PM EDT
[#29]
3 hrs ago.

View Quote

Welcome to Ukraine mfers
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Is there anywhere to find out what russian soldiers and russians are saying about this? It's hard to cover this up. The fact that I don't speak or read russian is already a bit of a handicap.
View Quote

Reddit Ukraine forums are a good place.  People link a wide swath of Russian source postings.
Russian reactions run the gamut.  Official sources so far are either entirely silent, minimizing, or grossly misrepresenting the situation.  The quasi-state media (like Solovyov) are visibly nervous, but trying to stick with the “don’t believe everything you hear/ all will turn out right in the end” line.
The independent sources range from fairly reasonable and intelligent evaluation, to confused panic, to genocidal “nuke everything in Ukraine” histrionics.
You basically have to do a lot of reading to take the temperature of Russian sources, and even that will not tell you much more than I just did.

If I can boil down some observations - if you take the most reasonable channels their information is probably good insofar as they know, and they criticize the government quite openly for lying about their CONDUCT of the war.  However, none that I have seen yet has made the jump to questioning whether the government was lying about their JUSTIFICATIONS for the war, which is the real question.   The vast majority of them also appear to still believe that “Russia is fighting with one hand tied behind their back, because they’re such nice guys.  And if they had taken the gloves off months ago they’d be fine.”  Very, very few Russian channels appear to recognize that they’re in deep shit against a coalition that dwarfs their capabilities.

I would concede that Russians may be self-censoring what they say in writing.  That said, plenty of what is being said is (in theory) illegal in Russia right now, and it’s still being said.  But no one that I’ve read is willing to say in public that the war was unjustified.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:59:51 PM EDT
[#31]
lol

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#32]
3 hrs ago.

View Quote
Oh damn
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

Welcome to Ukraine mfers
View All Quotes
3 hrs ago.

Welcome to Ukraine mfers
To quote a recent video - "what now, bitches?"
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By CB1:
Mirami -              !             !      Glory to Ukraine! Glory to Heroes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdE4cCbH0Lw
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CB1:
Originally Posted By Changed:
Can someone post the link to the Ukrainian music and bands thread, I've lost it.

Here's a version of Hey, Sokoly! with English captions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10Ha80EgaB0

Thanks.
Mirami -              !             !      Glory to Ukraine! Glory to Heroes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdE4cCbH0Lw

Love that one, very 80s Italo-Disco!
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#35]

The logic of those attacks escapes me. It's like they don't care about military objectives. They use the few effective weapons at their disposal to make everyone more angry.
It's fucking stupid on top of just being evil for evil's sake.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Dinpro Twitch gamer gets sucked back into the real world quite suddenly,

Yeah no shit. Listened to it myself. Something is on fire.

I fully expect the bullshit rocket and cruise missile attacks to step up. They are losing at the actual front... "Let's attack more civilians!"

The logic of those attacks escapes me. It's like they don't care about military objectives. They use the few effective weapons at their disposal to make everyone more angry.
It's just terror bombing.
Russia is completely clueless.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By JustaGunNut:
View Quote

That fucker is so mentally deranged he should move to Russia and see if Putin will give him command of a tank division or put him in as defense minister. He'd fit right in with that delusional bunch.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:03:39 PM EDT
[#37]
3 hrs ago.

View Quote
And not a single snack bar was uttered
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By JustaGunNut:
View Quote

Spasticly rewriting his next Tucker show appearance

Regrouping into stronger formations {backspace backspace backspace... etc)
Moving to more defensive locations  (Backspace backspace backspace... etc)
Advancing rearward as a gesture of goodwill (Backspace...)

I'm sure he will come up with something though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:05:30 PM EDT
[#39]

I agree, when this is over Ukraine deserves the full Marshall plan
View All Quotes

You're right and it is.  My stepdad's dad fought in Korea and my dad fought in Vietnam.  Both lived.  Payback is 50 years overdue.
That said, Ukraine is doing both us and Europe (particularly Europe) a massive service.  They're paying the blood toll, so let's not get into "you owe us."
Regardless of payback, this is without question the best thing the US has done since the end of WWII.  Not only is it right from a national interest perspective, it's right from a moral perspective.  I have some qualms here and there about how we're going about it, but I believe I understand the method and I can't argue with it. Ukraine and Europe will be safe and free, and a strategic rival will be removed from the board at a bargain price.
I do truly feel sad for Russians who did not deserve this, all the families that lost sons, but handle your shit at home, people.  You allowed this.  Now handle it, and don't make that mistake again.
I had two great uncles and a grandfather who fought in Korea, both uncles were leg infantry. My father in Vietnam. The payback is way overdue.

Whatever we contribute to help the Ukrainians is indeed a pittance compared to the blood the Ukrainians are spilling and the guts they have shown. When it is over if there is a debt, it will be us that owes it. Money is nothing to us, a tiny blip to our budget, weapons are nothing, we have lots and can make more. The Ukrainian men and women fighting now, are avenging ours who bled elsewhere decades ago.

Agreed.

It is a must, or China will swoop in with bags of cash and embed their tentacles.

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#40]
3 hrs ago.

View Quote

Welcome to the wheat fields, motherfuckers!
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
3 hrs ago.

Welcome to Ukraine mfers
Proper probass ^ hardi techno is "welcome to Ukraine suka"!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Agreed.

It is a must, or China will swoop in with bags of cash and embed their tentacles.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

You're right and it is.  My stepdad's dad fought in Korea and my dad fought in Vietnam.  Both lived.  Payback is 50 years overdue.
That said, Ukraine is doing both us and Europe (particularly Europe) a massive service.  They're paying the blood toll, so let's not get into "you owe us."
Regardless of payback, this is without question the best thing the US has done since the end of WWII.  Not only is it right from a national interest perspective, it's right from a moral perspective.  I have some qualms here and there about how we're going about it, but I believe I understand the method and I can't argue with it. Ukraine and Europe will be safe and free, and a strategic rival will be removed from the board at a bargain price.
I do truly feel sad for Russians who did not deserve this, all the families that lost sons, but handle your shit at home, people.  You allowed this.  Now handle it, and don't make that mistake again.

Agreed.

As smart as a Marshall plan would be for Ukraine and the West. A ton in GD will have a big meltdown about it. Like some dumbass dimwitted view that we're just giving away money to Ukraine.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Militarily these strikes are worthless.  Even if the object is naked genocide, the number of people they kill is trivial compared to their expense.  Therefore the object has to be political.
The only thing I can figure out is that they are trying to amplify their nuclear threat-making, playing up the “desperate, cornered superpower that will do anything!”
Like, let’s prove how big a monster we are so you are more likely to believe we’ll nuke everything if we don’t get our way.  Putin really does not have another option but to bluff to the very end and hope the west blinks.
I think this is something close to the truth.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:10:48 PM EDT
[#44]

You’re right and it is.  My stepdad’s dad fought in Korea and my dad fought in Vietnam.  Both lived.  Payback is 50 years overdue.
That said, Ukraine is doing both us and Europe (particularly Europe) a massive service.  They’re paying the blood toll, so let’s not get into “you owe us.”
Regardless of payback, this is without question the best thing the US has done since the end of WWII.  Not only is it right from a national interest perspective, it’s right from a moral perspective.  I have some qualms here and there about how we’re going about it, but I believe I understand the method and I can’t argue with it. Ukraine and Europe will be safe and free, and a strategic rival will be removed from the board at a bargain price.
I do truly feel sad for Russians who did not deserve this, all the families that lost sons, but…handle your shit at home, people.  You allowed this.  Now handle it, and don’t make that mistake again.
View Quote

Ukraine and Europe will be safe and free, and a strategic rival will be removed from the board at a bargain price.

You think Russia is just going to disappear?
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Abakan:

Pretty sure those stored Leopard 1 would take the T-72s lunchmoney and shove them in the locker just because.
View Quote

No it will not
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

100%
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#47]

Had the cold war went hot we would have been fighting the ukranians.

Let that sink in
View All Quotes

Indeed.

Had the cold war went hot we would have been fighting the ukranians.

Let that sink in

And the Poles, and the Hungarians, and the Romanias, and the Yugos, and the Czechs, and everyone else we sold down the river in 1945.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Glock63:

No it will not
View Quote

Iraqi T72s got rolled by Bradleys in the gulf war.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#49]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iPHEHkNrP8
View Quote

Money talks and bullshit walks!
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:18:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Ukraine and Europe will be safe and free, and a strategic rival will be removed from the board at a bargain price.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

You’re right and it is.  My stepdad’s dad fought in Korea and my dad fought in Vietnam.  Both lived.  Payback is 50 years overdue.
That said, Ukraine is doing both us and Europe (particularly Europe) a massive service.  They’re paying the blood toll, so let’s not get into “you owe us.”
Regardless of payback, this is without question the best thing the US has done since the end of WWII.  Not only is it right from a national interest perspective, it’s right from a moral perspective.  I have some qualms here and there about how we’re going about it, but I believe I understand the method and I can’t argue with it. Ukraine and Europe will be safe and free, and a strategic rival will be removed from the board at a bargain price.

No, but their conventional forces are going to be crippled for around a decade, and their economy is going to continue a downward spiral.
Page / 5588
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2471 of 5588)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top