BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I may have found someone locally but if this doesn't work out I'll send you numbers.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By downrivertrash:
Thanks, I may have found someone locally but if this doesn't work out I'll send you numbers.
View Quote

Define "local" and I may be able to help you out
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 2:06:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blindprophet501] [#4]
Originally Posted By cat-mechanic:
Could somebody print this for me? I looked in the EE and tried to see if somebody was selling it or similar, but didn't find anything.

I'm in no hurry, just need to organize all my cleaning rods.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4693441
View Quote
@cat-mechanic  
Are you still wanting this? I am just starting out with printing but I will print it for you.

ETA: forgot quote
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Can I get someone to print this Superlative Arms gas block jig for me?
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4314746

Can I also get someone to design something very similar to the above jig, but for a SLR Sentry 7 Set Screw Adjustable Gas Block (SA7-SM)?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 12:52:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Can I get someone to print some abs parts for me? I need a small handful of parts to fix my printer. I can send .stl files for everything needed. Nothing is very big or complicated. If need be I can also provide the filament.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RV8guy:
Can I get someone to print some abs parts for me? I need a small handful of parts to fix my printer. I can send .stl files for everything needed. Nothing is very big or complicated. If need be I can also provide the filament.
View Quote

Yea, I should be able to get this for you, @RV8guy
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:37:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Can someone print the upgrade fan shroud for mk3s+ in petg?? I believe it the delta v2 or something. I can send the stl or if you have a better file I’m good with that. Looking to have better visibility of the nozzle while printing.

I can not get petg to print for the life of me. Clogs the nozzle and heat block IMMEDIATELY.

Ruined a heat cartridge after charging the nozzle about a dozen times.

As far as color, Black is fine or orange if you don’t have black.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I can print in black abs if needed. I owe the community a little payback after Scul got me up and running again.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#12]
The agency that employs me is remodeling the building, and I asked if I could get the rendering of how it is supposed to look at completion to take a crack at printing it.

It is a 621MB .dxf file, and I can't get it to open in Fusion 360, but was able to import it into Sketchup. It is way too big and needs the trees and parking lot stuff removed, and the oldest part of the building (3 story part) separated from the main wing, and then the conference center separated.  it may require more splitting, I don't know as I am still a newbie in 3D printing.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:06:59 AM EDT
[#13]
dxf is 2D I believe.

You need to have them give you a true 3d model if they have it.

The only way I know to use a dxf in fusion is in relation to normal 2d (top, front, side type) drawings.

When doing that you would import them to a sketch, and scale with a known dimension.

Then using that sketch, model it yourself.

I don't think this is going to work with the dxf you have.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
@Huntinherrington

The part cooling fan shroud? That should be in ASA/ABS or better for heat resistance. I can print one up for you, but please clarify what part you need printed (or link to it).

As far as issues with PETG, the Prusa is a PETG workhorse, I print with it ALL THE TIME. Post up a new thread, and we can get you sorted out.
View Quote

Yes, the cooling fan!
This is the one I found. I’m just looking for better visibility of the nozzle.

https://www.printables.com/model/62523-delta-p-fan-duct-v2-r2-for-mk3s-extruder/files

If you or RV8guy could print it that would be awesome.

I really really appreciate this guys! I’m starting a new thread for printing petg now!
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:30:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I can grab that. I'll print one up myself, probably out of CF nylon or something else high tech, so I'll just print up an extra for you.
View Quote

Thank you so much! I work out of town offshore for 2 weeks at a time and I leave Wednesday so no big hurry.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Looking for somone to model me a glock mag release

I want a gen 4 release for a gen 3 gun. The spring cut out location is different between gens so even after a gen 3 is cut for a gen 4 the gen 4 mag release wont work.

So Im hoping someone can make me a gen 4 mag release with a gen 3 spring cut out

shoot me an IM if you can do this
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 12:54:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GTLandser] [#18]
Hello everyone, so glad that this thread is here!

I would like to request some game board pieces. I am not picky as to material or color, although purple would be my first choice, followed by construction yellow or orange. After that, it's whatever you feel like.

Here's an example of what I'm looking for, a little toy bulldozer: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:220595

Qty requested: 24

Size: </= 1in length/width (to fit within game tile size)

Infill/Density: nothing in particular, but if anyone has done game pieces before, and knows a good technique to weight the pieces, then it would be appreciated to modify the file, and I can get fishing weights and epoxy, or whatever it is, to finish them. If it is too much hassle, then the pieces printed straight from the file are perfectly fine.

Layers/Finish
: I am also not picky as to surface finish; as long as the pieces are solid enough for routine handling and storage during board game play, then that is fine. I tried to find a low-res model on the assumption that kids are not so delicate with game pieces sometimes...

Anyone so kind to be willing to print these is welcome to @me, and I can answer any questions. I was hoping this would be an easy "test print" for something you might need to see in multiples, I think 24 of these would probably fit within the build area of most printers?

Thank you!
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#19]
@Rat_Patrol...a little help guys?
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 6:35:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rat_Patrol] [#20]
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#21]

@GTLandser

I can get that for you.

For colors right now, I have king of a dark earthy purple, blue, white, tan.
View Quote

Dark earthy purple sounds great! And if anything comes up, any other color is A-OK too, I have paint.

Thank you so much!
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 8:33:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RV8guy] [#22]
For some reason I can’t log into tinker cad right now. Can someone do me a quick drawing? Just a simple tube with a 0.630in ID, 1.0in OD, 1.0in tall and a flange on one end. Similar to this.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:25:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scul] [#23]
For some reason I can’t log into tinker cad right now. Can someone do me a quick drawing? Just a simple tube with a 0.630in ID, 1.0in OD, 1.0in tall and a flange on one end. Similar to this.
https://i.imgur.com/rUCsIQI.jpg
View Quote

I can get that.  Any desire on OD of the flange?  How much tall is the flange?

@RV8guy

Edit:

Here is the link, and you should be able to change the flange as needed via Sketch 2 and Extrude 2.

I just made a 5mm flange (+10mm diam) 5mm tall, with a 2.5mm fillet

I'll email the STL to you, also.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By scul:

@RV8guy
View Quote

No real idea on the dimensions of the flange. Designers preference I guess.

@Scul
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:47:15 PM EDT
[#25]

No real idea on the dimensions of the flange. Designers preference I guess.

@Scul
View Quote

You should have the part file in your email, and like I said you can edit the flange if needed via the link above.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:58:35 PM EDT
[#26]

You should have the part file in your email, and like I said you can edit the flange if needed via the link above.
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:32:55 AM EDT
[#27]

@RV8guy

Edit:

Here is the link, and you should be able to change the flange as needed via Sketch 2 and Extrude 2.

I just made a 5mm flange (+10mm diam) 5mm tall, with a 2.5mm fillet

I'll email the STL to you, also.
View Quote
looks damn good. i tried but I suck

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I have three things I'd like printed:
First two are pistol lights. I make my own holsters, and I'm tired of looking for blue guns to match.

So, I'd want two x400ViR's, and two TLR6's.

The third thing is a sex toy I'd want to try called the Eddie by Giddy. I figured wish would have them by now, no way am I paying what they ask for a set of the real ones!

Message me, because I'm not subscribed to this thread or following...
Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#29]
I’ve got a printer but no CAD abilities…would anyone be able to draw me up a Tac Table? They’re used for shooting off a bag from a tripod. There’s a lot of different ones out there, here’s one: https://victorcompanyusa.com/abel-tripod-table

Many thanks in advance gents!
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 11:58:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ajroyer] [#30]
I'm looking for mags for the P365 X-Macro.  Thingyverse has the various bottoms. Anyone know where I can get the 17 round body, and appropriate 9mm follower?

I have a friend with a 3D printer. We're debating on getting one too, if I can convince my wife.  Comparing/considering the FLSUN SR vs the Ender Max Neo after watching current youtube reviews. I have Blender, Tinkercad, and Fusion 360 on my computer and never really learned how to use them.  After watching more youtube, I'm going to try OnShape.

So, if anyone has the files for the mags it would be much appreciated. Any advice on which CAD, which slicer, how to slice and print for max strength, which material for this application, or anything else, please DM me. I'm going to try to make my own springs, we'll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#32]
I need some help. I’m printing 5/8x24 thread protectors for my guns since I can’t seem to keep up with them lol.
I’m having a problem though. I make them with tinkercad but when I print them there aren’t any threads??? I don’t know whats going on. I have a file that prints fine but I want to change the profile a little. Can someone help me out with this?

I can send the file that I have to modify.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm not sure with tinkercad, but look for a setting that changes between displayed and modeled for the threads.

What type of file do you have and how do you need it modified?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 1:10:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JAG2955] [#34]
Anyone want to model 6mm Lee Navy dummy rounds so I can play with my latest acquisition? I can print them myself.

ETA:  Found it on Thingiverse!  Never would have thought it would have been done already.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Tagging this thread. Asked for a part in another thread, I now know better...  

(got two great solutions in that thread though.  the members here kick ass!).

Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Hey guys,

I am a long way from being 3D printer adept, but I intend to get there.

In the mean time, I am a pretty decent SolidWorks jock (but currently only have a 2019 edition, so I can't take a 2022 file for example and expect backward compatibility). If there are parts you need modeled or tweaked and SolidWorks would be useful, I am happy to take a look and give it a shot.

I am beginning to learn how to best convert solidworks files to be slicer friendly as well. Getting familiar with 3D Printing specific modeling software is on the list as well.

-Jonathan
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#37]
I bought my 3 kids Traxxas Latrax Teton trucks for Christmas. All 3 broke front end suspensions inside of 48 hours, so I looked up aftermarket bumpers since the factory bumper is very lacking in usefulness.

I found a product made by T-bone Racing, whom I'd ordered from before so I was familiar with their products and quality.

The problem is that they are out of business now. I found the last Teton bumper made by them in existence, from RCMart based in Hong Kong and waited weeks for it to be delivered. Post Office lost it for about 3 weeks and I just received it today.

In the meantime, I have been looking on the secondary market and to no avail.

Now that I have this bumper, I'm wondering if anyone would be able to scan it (I'll send it to you) and print off 2 of them. The original is probably some type of nylon. Not sure what kind of 3D filament would be best suited for such an application, I'll leave that up to you.

If you're willing to tackle this, let me know.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Harmonic_Distortion:
I bought my 3 kids Traxxas Latrax Teton trucks for Christmas. All 3 broke front end suspensions inside of 48 hours, so I looked up aftermarket bumpers since the factory bumper is very lacking in usefulness.

I found a product made by T-bone Racing, whom I'd ordered from before so I was familiar with their products and quality.

The problem is that they are out of business now. I found the last Teton bumper made by them in existence, from RCMart based in Hong Kong and waited weeks for it to be delivered. Post Office lost it for about 3 weeks and I just received it today.

In the meantime, I have been looking on the secondary market and to no avail.

Now that I have this bumper, I'm wondering if anyone would be able to scan it (I'll send it to you) and print off 2 of them. The original is probably some type of nylon. Not sure what kind of 3D filament would be best suited for such an application, I'll leave that up to you.

If you're willing to tackle this, let me know.

Thanks!
View Quote

Can you share pics?
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Hello!

Any help would be much appreciated. I don't have a printer or a file but I have some pics and dimensions I can provide.

I am looking to make an AR15/22 Mag that is compatible with the GSG16 drum

There are plenty of AR15/22 mag files out there, so would just need to modify the bottom of the mag to mesh with the neck of the drum - which I have pics and dimensions for.

The goal is using the GSG16 drum with the AR15/22 mag well. The GSG16 is currently for the 10/22 and not the 15/22 mag well, which is nonsense so trying to make it work
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 11:48:02 PM EDT
[#40]
This is a longshot, but does anybody have a file for an FS2000 "case anti-return"?
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyong have a file for a gen 5 G19 low profile magwell?  I'd like to try before I wast money on the real thing.
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 1:22:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Syndicate] [#42]
Anyone have a link to or seen a wall mount for MP5 mags like the one I have for my Scorp mags?  Been searching and searching and can not find one.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:34:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:
Would anyone be willing to make me few of these??

These are approx 16" long and the head is approx 1" across. Just under 22cal.

I need a few more for my safe. Pm me if you can help.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/136887/20230311_151056-2742050.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/136887/20230311_151101-2742051.jpg
View Quote

That is too long for most home sized printers. Would an end cap on a dowel work?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#46]
I am loving 3d printing, but some things ought to be made from basic stock material.
How about an undersized wood dowel as suggested, but with a layer of heatshrink over it to prevent wood to metal contact

3d printing the caps makes sense,  could batch a lot of them
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 4:07:16 PM EDT
[#47]

It only needs to be 10" or so as most of my rifles are 3-4" from the bottom of the shelf.
I suppose I could use a wood dowel and a cap. Would wood cause issues over time since it would be living in the bore of the rifle?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jdude:

That is too long for most home sized printers. Would an end cap on a dowel work?

It only needs to be 10" or so as most of my rifles are 3-4" from the bottom of the shelf.
I suppose I could use a wood dowel and a cap. Would wood cause issues over time since it would be living in the bore of the rifle?

Easy to make some with fiberglass rod, a little wood, and adhesive hook'n'loop:
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:11:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:25:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Panther1911] [#49]

Humm... Ill have to try and find some fiberglass rods.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By B320:
Originally Posted By Jdude:

Easy to make some with fiberglass rod, a little wood, and adhesive hook'n'loop:
https://i.ibb.co/zFGjtdX/IMG-20230318-150329076.jpg

Humm... Ill have to try and find some fiberglass rods.

something like this work?

amazon

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:41:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#50]
Originally Posted By Panther1911:

something like this work?

View Quote

$0.43/in!?

I would print them in two pieces. A round disc top and a square or octoganal dowel which can be printed "laying down" and then simply press fit them together.

You should be able to get 10" fairly easily on even a modest 3D printer bed, as you can orient them diagonally.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top