Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/25/2018 2:12:15 PM EDT
My brother-in-law was killed in a hit and run earlier this month. The driver knows he hit him, and it looks like somebody helped the driver escape. They have identified the vehicles by name and model. If you know of any leads, please contact the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office.

Article here with details on vehicles involved.

UPDATE!

MY WIFE JUST TOLD ME ARRESTS HAVE BEEN MADE IN MY BROTHER-IN-LAWS MURDER

Will post details as I have them!

Thank you all for your support!
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sorry for your loss OP.  I hope you are able to nail the bastard(s).
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 2:14:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn that sucks. I hope they catch that fucker.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 2:16:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hear about your brother in law but the descriptions of the vehicles are pretty vague at best. It could be any number of vehicles. My guess is those responsible are undocumented which is why they fled. Again, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'll keep my ears and eyes open as I'm in those areas quite often.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#4]
wow, there are a couple of people who surely will burn in hell.  sorry for your loss OP.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 2:17:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry.  Prayers for your family.

Hope you are feeling and doing well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#6]
My condolences.

Link Posted: 1/25/2018 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#7]
my god, prayers sent for your family OP...

I hope they nail that SOB soon!
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope someone can help you find them.

I am sorry for your loss
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I hope them catch them.  That's too far north for me to help out

I'm sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry for your loss

Was just wondering how you were doing
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry to hear about your brother in law but the descriptions of the vehicles are pretty vague at best. It could be any number of vehicles. My guess is those responsible are undocumented which is why they fled. Again, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'll keep my ears and eyes open as I'm in those areas quite often.
View Quote
Probably just young "racing"  punks based on the focus and Mitsubishi being friends. I'm sure they're on a car forum.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Join every focus, Ford, and NE regional car forum. Post parts for sale that match the description of the broken parts on the car. Wait for a hit from the tri-state area.

Post as tri state area wanting to do ftf rather than ship
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Join every focus, Ford, and NE regional car forum. Post parts for sale that match the description of the broken parts on the car. Wait for a hit from the tri-state area.

View Quote
That’s actually brilliant. Thank you everyone.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry for your loss OP.  I hope they are found.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Selfish bump for details if anyone knows anything
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Selfish bump for details if anyone knows anything
View Quote
I think GD can overlook a little bumpage in a matter this serious.  I hope they catch them man.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
That is a great idea but as a non-car guy, I wouldn't know where to look other than starting a thread in GD asking "What is the Arfcom of the Mitsubishi Lancer world or Ford Focus."

I know it for Tractors and Steam engines.

Good luck Hiram.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sorry to hear about your brother in law but the descriptions of the vehicles are pretty vague at best. It could be any number of vehicles. My guess is those responsible are undocumented illegal aliens which is why they fled. Again, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'll keep my ears and eyes open as I'm in those areas quite often.
View Quote
fify
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#19]
That sucks!  Get a rope!
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#20]
List this in your local home town forum also...
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Bergen County has a pretty high per capita income.

Some upper middle class punk kid or

Someone’s Gardner/ pool boy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I am searching used car for sale sites.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Passenger side mirror would be dealer only or a parts house that supplies body shop. I dont think Autozone or ORielys ect would carry it.

What area suppliers have sold a passenger side mirror with or without a headlight?
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Subscribe so I can bump.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:35:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Post to tristatetuners.com. They may be able to help.

Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Sorry to hear that man. Hope they catch that piece of shit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Hope you find the shitheads
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#30]
My Condolences, hope they get them.

The Ford Focus is a very common vehicle and it may get ditched because of the damage, but on the other hand the Mitsubishi Lancer is not, that one may be a bit easier to narrow down for the Police dept.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Good luck HR!
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Reach out to pick n pull yards, ask them to call the cops or you if anyone comes in for the damaged parts.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#33]
my two cents..

reading this, it appears perp moved to a 2nd location and later an mitsubishi vehicle arrived. that means at least one cell phone call was made between the first and 2nd location. cell tower location should help, tie cell records to owners of car types and you might have a data hit. 2nd driver is an accessory after the fact so you have more than one person to lean on.

eta, cell phone location of car at arrival site (mitsu) back track to initial location also might help.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Bump for HR; How are you feeling?
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Sorry man, Ill keep my eyes and ears open
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
my two cents..

reading this, it appears perp moved to a 2nd location and later an mitsubishi vehicle arrived. that means at least one cell phone call was made between the first and 2nd location. cell tower location should help, tie cell records to owners of car types and you might have a data hit. 2nd driver is an accessory after the fact so you have more than one person to lean on.

eta, cell phone location of car at arrival site (mitsu) back track to initial location also might help.
View Quote
As much as I want HR to catch this fuck.. you've watched too much Law and Order.  What you're suggesting would be near impossible, even if you were a cop and could get a warrant to access to that information.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Man I hope they catch those assholes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Cell tower dump. (I'm sure theyre already on it).
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
As much as I want HR to catch this fuck.. you've watched too much Law and Order.  What you're suggesting would be near impossible, even if you were a cop and could get a warrant to access to that information.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
my two cents..

You dump all the phones on the tower during a specified time period.

They know the line of travel following the killing, compare ESN's or IMSI data along route takes, comparing data. Only a handful of phones will be revealed. Very helpful later on when a suspect is identified. The point is to gather the data now, before it's lost or forgotten.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#41]
I really hope that they catch the dipshits.   Sorry to hear about your Brother In Law.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 7:27:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Damn, hope your family gets justice.
I’ll keep an eye out.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Sorry OP, good luck in your search. Don't lose hope! My uncle's brother was killed by a hit and run driver. They ID'd the vehicle make and model and were able to catch the bastard.

I'd check car meet ups like Cars And Coffee, etc They post photos of meet ups, you might get lucky and see one. Check local car clubs, forums, etc.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You dump all the phones on the tower during a specified time period.

They know the line of travel following the killing, compare ESN's or IMSI data along route takes, comparing data. Only a handful of phones will be revealed. Very helpful later on when a suspect is identified. The point is to gather the data now, before it's lost or forgotten.
View Quote
If you have a POI and are trying to match cell movements to them, that's another story, but having worked LE requests for a cell company I think this is false hope.  I won't belabor the point so as not to thread crap HR, but good old-fashioned witnesses are likely more valuable.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#45]
I hope harsh justice is served and you are doing better health-wise, OP.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#46]
That’s awful. I hope they find them and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
my god, prayers sent for your family OP...

I hope they nail that SOB soon!
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Sorry for your lose. I have a friend whose daughter was severely injured by a hit and run driver in Conn.
I hope they find the scum in both cases and nail their hide to the wall!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Did they talk to the guy walking the dog?
Focus is not a hatch.
Mitsu is silver or light grey possibly.
Why would you call somebody if you just killed somebody and ran? Sounds like a chick move, drunk chick move. What time do the bars close there?
Honey, I just hit something with the car and its making a funny noise.
If I did something that fucking dumb I wouldn't immediately multiply the number of witnesses.
Go to local bars and see if they have parking lot cams.

Cops should be able to list every black Focus in the area, wouldnt take more than a day or two to go look at all of them I would think.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Sorry for your loss Hiram.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top