BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:25:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If only Roe V. Wade and 2nd Amendment supporters joined forces. Seems like it would be a fairly large group, maybe a huge majority.

But alas.
View Quote
Big Brother vs. Leave Us Alone..
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
From god's dick to their ass.
View Quote
praise the lord and pass the lube.
or not.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Should I get field artillery, a tank, a small nuke or a javelin first?

I think I want a javelin.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/pop.h-cdn.co/assets/16/25/1466627312-fgm148javelin.gif
View Quote
do you reload?
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#4]
It warms my heart!
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Because he is old and we could put someone who could be there 25 plus years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can Thomas retire?
Why would we want that? He is probably the most pro-2A justice on the court.
Because he is old and we could put someone who could be there 25 plus years.
And he has mentioned retirement or at least the notion of enjoying his retirement sooner than later.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
do you reload?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://hips.hearstapps.com/pop.h-cdn.co/assets/16/25/1466627312-fgm148javelin.gif
do you reload?
You were beat on that one.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You were beat on that one.
View Quote
yep.

fun fact:
several posts have covered Clarence Thomas' pro-2A comments; Laura Ingraham clerked for him.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted: Whether the issue is the validity of bans on so-called assault rifles, the length of waiting periods before people can buy guns or requirements for people to receive concealed-carry permits, our nation’s highest court may well start imposing its will on the gun measures of all 50 states and many cities and towns.
View Quote
"Imposing its will...?"

You mean... like... by striking down laws that are un-Constitutional?   By doing the job that they're supposed to be doing?
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Great gif.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I never though I would ever fucking say this, but I fucking hope the Huffington Post is right.

MAGA.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes!
View All Quotes
You and LargePony need to get one bro.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Can Thomas retire?
View Quote
Thomas would not unless he had to.

He knows what his duty is, and he a man of conviction
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Meme fail.

Not one “brother” in it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#16]
The Huffinglue post can eat a bag of dicks.

I hope we get all the freedom back that we've lost since the GCA.

Strict scrutiny is the first step IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Because the right of the people to keep and bear arms and the right of women to murder inconvenient and unwanted children are really the same thing.
View Quote
No just pointing out the polarity.  Gays and gun rights people were opposite poles at one time.  Suffice it to say if early term therapeutic abortions were the only issue it would not likely have reached the USSC.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Waaaaaaah!  Our agenda is unconstitutional and will be ruled as such, preventing our communist utopia!  Waaaaaaaaaah!
View Quote
+1
When you're worried your shit will be pushed in by the courts, your shit should've been pushed in 50 years ago.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thomas is getting up there in years.  If he retired, we could get a young Pro-2a judge in there for the next 30 years.
View Quote
Ruth Bader Ginsburg is 85. Stephen Breyer is 80. Clarence Thomas is 70.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
He has more faith in losing gun control than I do. The same as the Dem's are saying good bye Roe V Wade and others. I look any day now for the Dems to say "There goes Brown V Board of Education".
View Quote
maybe he is in a position to have that faith and, once unleashed, to do something about it
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#22]
And still, the ARFcom NeverTrump contingent moans_on and on about how terrible it is that President Trump was elected.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I dream of a US with no NFA...
View Quote
I dream of a CT with no semi-auto or magazine ban.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:04:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Save me Clarence!
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Anything that makes Huff Post sad, makes me smile.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

In my retirement I intend to start a firm that manufactures a Panzerfaust equivalent and command/laser fired EFP mines.  I'll sell them by the conex load to small European countries afraid of Russians.  This will keep the overall price down for the domestic market.
View Quote
Can I come work for you? Seriously.

I’ll pm you my resume and everything.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
And still, the ARFcom NeverTrump contingent moans_on and on about how terrible it is that President Trump was elected.
View Quote
Still?

I gave Trump plenty of criticism for his handling of the bump stock ban etc fiasco, but almost everything else has been huge wins. If the SC actually starts holding the feds and states responsible to the 2A, that is what we've been waiting for.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:16:09 PM EDT
[#29]
"Whether the issue is the validity of bans on so-called assault rifles, the length of waiting periods before people can buy guns or requirements for people to receive concealed-carry permits, our nation’s highest court may well start imposing its will on the gun measures of all 50 states and many cities and towns.”

Strange. I never heard the Huffers complain about how the SC for the most part maintained the status quo of the general antipathy towards the Second Amendment from the government.
Heller and a few others were the ones that got away. But otherwise, "Pick up that can, citizen the Supreme Court upholds it".
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

In my retirement I intend to start a firm that manufactures a Panzerfaust equivalent and command/laser fired EFP mines.  I'll sell them by the conex load to small European countries afraid of Russians.  This will keep the overall price down for the domestic market.
View Quote
That plus cheap, strategically placed crates of vodka would spell the end for any Russian invasion.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#32]
We must resist! But first, we must remove the tools to resist, because....uhhh Marx?
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Good.

We're in dire need of sweeping ussc decisions that strongly and widely protect the 2nd.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/will-kennedys-retirement-help-republicans-at-the-midterms/

Supreme Court nominations are not always cakewalks, however, as cases such as Harriet Miers and Robert Bork (and Clarence Thomas) attest. There are several potential risks to Trump and Republicans:

Trump could nominate a relatively moderate justice, in an effort to keep Collins and Alaska's Lisa Murkowski on board and to put maximum pressure on red-state Democrats, but then face a backlash from conservatives.

Trump could nominate someone very conservative, but at the price of actually putting votes such as Collins's and Murkowski's at risk and of turning off swing voters.

Trump could nominate someone who had vetting issues, or someone who triggered a debate about qualifications, or someone who was seen as too much of a political crony. Historically, these sorts of justices have had trouble getting confirmed.
View Quote
Lol Nate Silver
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Contradicting philosophies shouldn't join forces.  Roe is contrary to the pursuit of life and liberty, while the 2A protects life and liberty.
View Quote
Roe is not contrary to life and liberty.

Both are about freedom of choice.

Nobody is making you get an abortion.  Taking away the option is actually less freedom.

Until we're in agreement on when life begins, we aren't going to agree on the abortion debate.

I doubt that the nation will ever agree on that, given the various religions/lack of religious beliefs out there.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Hahaha
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#39]
I'll believe it when we start getting some wins.  With almost no exceptions I've seen an unbroken streak of more and more gun control my entire life.  Trump has rolled back a small number of Obama's gun control measures, while imposing several of his own new ones.  He's been a wash at best so far.  Now the NRA has declared absolutist 2A supporters "the enemy within" while engaging in a campaign of compromising and losing on purpose.

The lower courts openly ignore Heller and MacDonald, while citing dissenting opinions as case law and Mother Jones as a source of data.  Republican politicians almost all treat gun owners like Democrats treat black people: they say they support us, but then sell us out time and time again while smirking and saying, "would you rather take your chances with the Democrats?"

We're pinning our hopes on a couple of wealthy upper class judges with the best healthcare dying in the next few years, AND being replaced by judges who each must hold the 2A in higher regard than their predecessors did.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Nobody is making you get an abortion.  Taking away the option is actually less freedom.

Until we're in agreement on when life begins, we aren't going to agree on the abortion debate.

I doubt that the nation will ever agree on that, given the various religions/lack of religious beliefs out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lol, what?

Definition of abortion
1 : the termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus: such as
Killing something is most definitely contrary to life.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/will-kennedys-retirement-help-republicans-at-the-midterms/

Supreme Court nominations are not always cakewalks, however, as cases such as Harriet Miers and Robert Bork (and Clarence Thomas) attest. There are several potential risks to Trump and Republicans:

Trump could nominate a relatively moderate justice, in an effort to keep Collins and Alaska's Lisa Murkowski on board and to put maximum pressure on red-state Democrats, but then face a backlash from conservatives.

Trump could nominate someone very conservative, but at the price of actually putting votes such as Collins's and Murkowski's at risk and of turning off swing voters.

Trump could nominate someone who had vetting issues, or someone who triggered a debate about qualifications, or someone who was seen as too much of a political crony. Historically, these sorts of justices have had trouble getting confirmed.
View Quote
Damnit penguin, we're having a bacchanalian style MAGA celebration. Get out of here with your reality!!!!

Seriously though, the Democrats will pull every trick in the book to block Trump from getting a nomination through before the next elections.

Politics, Politics never changes.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'll believe it when we start getting some wins.  With almost no exceptions I've seen an unbroken streak of more and more gun control my entire life.  Trump has rolled back a small number of Obama's gun control measures, while imposing several of his own new ones.  He's been a wash at best so far.  Now the NRA has declared absolutist 2A supporters "the enemy within" while engaging in a campaign of compromising and losing on purpose.

The lower courts openly ignore Heller and MacDonald, while citing dissenting opinions as case law and Mother Jones as a source of data.  Republican politicians almost all treat gun owners like Democrats treat black people: they say they support us, but then sell us out time and time again while smirking and saying, "would you rather take your chances with the Democrats?"

We're pinning our hopes on a couple of wealthy upper class judges with the best healthcare dying in the next few years, AND being replaced by judges who each must hold the 2A in higher regard than their predecessors did.
View Quote
^ He's blown it so far.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:52:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
May I subscribe to your sales newsletter?

@lunaticcafe will want a Panzerfaust.  
View Quote
Now I know what I want for my birthday!
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:53:52 PM EDT
[#45]
I just want over the counter cans, SBRs and the shoulder thingy that goes up.....maybe a stabby thingy too.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sweet! Could you be so kind as to ad an IFF capability to your Ronco EFP Mine so I can add them to my driveway?
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
He has more faith in losing gun control than I do. The same as the Dem's are saying good bye Roe V Wade and others. I look any day now for the Dems to say "There goes Brown V Board of Education".
View Quote
Yeah, it happened today.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
He's expressed a desire to retire.  I think he's holding on until someone comes along he can hand over the judicial reins to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can Thomas retire?
He's expressed a desire to retire.  I think he's holding on until someone comes along he can hand over the judicial reins to.
It's going to be difficult to get confirmations, this close to the election.  The Demonrats have made it clear they will fight every good nomination, and we have RINOs that can't be trusted.  If the Republicans can pick up a few seats this November, then I can see Clarence retiring shortly after.  Imagine if we can replace Thomas, Kennedy, and Ginsburg with young, conservative justices.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
To appoint somebody even better who is 35?
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
He should so he can be replaced by a young conservative to carry on his legacy. If he waits until after 2020he runs the risk of a dem taking over. If that happens the real question is how long will he want to hold on or can he hold on. Remember no justice wants his legacy erased.
Page / 4
Top Top