Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/1/2022 1:52:06 PM EDT
I have a Zastava m92 coming in, I want to make it a SBR what stocks do you all recommend? I know I have to wait for the approval before I can legally buy it so I may get a brace to hold me over until then. Any recommendations on that too hahaha
Thank you
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#1]
My experience is that anything other a triangle folder sucks.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a couple AKs with underfolders. Another has the side folding triangle. Another has a USA made polymer folder.

Without a doubt the underfolders look the best and fold to the most compact package. They're also somewhat wobbly and can be uncomfortable to fire. The metal is very cold in the winter although it's easy enough to wrap with pakitape or paracord or leather.

The triangle folder is bulky and has the same issue with steel being cold but again - it can be wrapped without issue.

The polymer side folder is excellent. Solid lockup and no wobble or issues with the cold. It also makes the AK look like hammered dog shit that got Tapco-fucked.

All things considered I still prefer the underfolder - which is why I have multiple AKs with that setup and only one each of the others.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#3]
CNC Warrior Tubular Stock.

Or you can order over the phone and get a modular hinge + ACE pattern triangle stock
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#4]
The worst thing you have to deal with is the Yugo receiver slant.  That limits your options quite a bit.  

It's too bad there's no one making a Yugo rear trunnion like the milled receiver Yugos have, so you could just bolt on a Yugo Zhukov stock easy peasy.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Wire side-folder is rock solid on mine:

YMMV
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Or you can order over the phone and get a modular hinge + ACE pattern triangle stock
View Quote

This.  Solid lock-up and functionality.

Not as compact as under-folders tho
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't get a Zhukov
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://tinypic.host/images/2022/12/01/ak-wire.jpg

YMMV
View Quote

I forgot that I also have an AK with the Hungarian AMD-65 side folder which is so-so in my opinion. The one above looks great but the AMD-65 is meh visually and doesn't really work great.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The worst thing you have to deal with is the Yugo receiver slant.  That limits your options quite a bit.  

It's too bad there's no one making a Yugo rear trunnion like the milled receiver Yugos have, so you could just bolt on a Yugo Zhukov stock easy peasy.
View Quote

The CNC Warrior M92/M85 stock (and brace as well) is designed with the angle in mind so that the stock tube will be parallel with the receiver rails. Only requires a single hole drilled in the trunnion to mount. A small lip at the bottom of the stock mount prevents rotation of the stock.

It's really the best stock for the Yugo pistols.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Arsenal has a nice folding stock not sure if it’d work but its nice because it still functions well folded.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Triangle stock is the only way to go
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a Zastava m92 coming in, I want to make it a SBR what stocks do you all recommend? I know I have to wait for the approval before I can legally buy it so I may get a brace to hold me over until then. Any recommendations on that too hahaha
Thank you
View Quote
the best AK folder is the AK 74m stock but requires a rear trunnion swap and sourcing the parts. This will cost almost as much as your m92 to have it done properly. The next best option would be the manticore folder. The best brace is the CNC warrior brace.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:43:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I had an AMD-65 for some time. I installed a StormWerks folder adapter and an Ace skeleton stock. Loved that set up. Wished I had never sold it during the first Obama election. I did get $1500 out of it though.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Stormwerkz hinge adapter LINK

Manticore triangle LINK

Stormwerkz hinge LINK

Then a couple feet of paracord and you are good to go.

As a bonus a rear peep site is an inexpensive, but HUGE improvement over the garbage rear sight on the M92. LINK

-Mike
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don't get a Zhukov
View Quote

I disagree, it made it much more pleasant to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Thank you everyone
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't get a Zhukov

I built one AK to be specifically "modernized" with this stock. I like it, nice and solid and the adjustable LOP is good.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I built one AK to be specifically "modernized" with this stock. I like it, nice and solid and the adjustable LOP is good.
View Quote

Mine and a shit ton of others have had theirs folding with slight lateral pressure. No response from Magpul to emailed inquiries on it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#19]
The only correct folding stock for an M92 is an underfolder.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Mine and a shit ton of others have had theirs folding with slight lateral pressure. No response from Magpul to emailed inquiries on it.
View Quote

Thats interesting. The lock up on mine is super tight, but granted it stays open 99.5% of the time. I only wanted the option to fold if needed.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Zastava makes an underfolder kit now which goes over the rear of the receiver.  

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:13:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Zastava makes an underfolder kit now which goes over the rear of the receiver.  

https://zastavaarmsusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/web-Untitled-UF-stock.jpg
View Quote

which requires a fixed stock Yugo rear trunnion that the PAP pistols don't have
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ya, but there’s effective ways around that. Just gotta be “creative”.

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Coolest AK folder ever.  Seems like a lot of custom work for an M92 though.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:07:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Thank you everyone. I know the proper folder is under and that’s what the rear is set up for. I just really hate shooting with under folders I can’t ever get a good sight picture consistently
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#28]
The only problem with my Bulgarian AK74 side folding triangle stock is that it is too short.

OP, find a folder that's made with a longer pull and not one designed to be used over 3" of padded clothing.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have a couple AKs with underfolders. Another has the side folding triangle. Another has a USA made polymer folder.

Without a doubt the underfolders look the best and fold to the most compact package. They're also somewhat wobbly and can be uncomfortable to fire. The metal is very cold in the winter although it's easy enough to wrap with pakitape or paracord or leather.

The triangle folder is bulky and has the same issue with steel being cold but again - it can be wrapped without issue.

The polymer side folder is excellent. Solid lockup and no wobble or issues with the cold. It also makes the AK look like hammered dog shit that got Tapco-fucked.

All things considered I still prefer the underfolder - which is why I have multiple AKs with that setup and only one each of the others.
View Quote

We can be friends
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup.  I've got the brace version and love it.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Rear trunnion on the M92 PAPs is funky and has an odd angle.

I did a VZ-58 folder. Was cheap and easy, plus the angle works.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Rear trunnion on the M92 PAPs is funky and has an odd angle.

I did a VZ-58 folder. Was cheap and easy, plus the angle works.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/329177/IMG_20210901_205403649_HDR_jpg-2620469.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/329177/IMG_20210901_205440677_HDR_jpg-2620470.JPG
View Quote

That is pretty awesome

Can use an optic (with side rail) and is still thin
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a new Circle 10 AK stock in the EE for sale. You'd just need the hinged adapter.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#34]
I've got two triangle folders and they work great but not very comfortable, the poly folder also works well and it doesn't suck to shoot it all day.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Attachment Attached File

After trying to find someone to replace the rear trunion and fix the slant and realizing was gonna cost more than the gun and a 6 month wait, I got creative with a cnc warrior pistol grip stock adapter and some surplus wood.

Should be able to do something similar w a folder.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The only correct folding stock for an M92 is an underfolder.
View Quote

That's the route I went. I was going more for "correctness" and "budget" than practicality, though. People complain about the comfort of the underfolder, but it doesn't bother me.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 7:55:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Manticore triangle LINK

Stormwerkz hinge LINK

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/77352/EF22EFD5-D817-4CF1-A5BE-39EFCC740091-2470559.jpg

As a bonus a rear peep site is an inexpensive, but HUGE improvement over the garbage rear sight on the M92. LINK

-Mike
View Quote

Which hinge do you have on the m92?  I used the stormwerkz and I’m trying to find a QD sling adapter for the threaded hole.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

https://tinypic.host/images/2022/12/01/ak-wire.jpg

YMMV
View Quote

This! I've owned them all. Everyone keeps wanting to reinvent the wheel. As he said YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#39]
https://www.jmac-customs.com/1913-folding-mech/

1913 adapter…works with sig stocks

https://www.jmac-customs.com/amp/1913-adapter-for-amd-65/

Works on my ugly random parts 65

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 8:03:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Manticore triangle LINK

Stormwerkz hinge LINK

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/77352/EF22EFD5-D817-4CF1-A5BE-39EFCC740091-2470559.jpg

-Mike
View Quote

Everything this dude said.

Except the peep sight. It’s a Slavic answer to a sawed off shot gun. Target acquisition not accurately is prioritized.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 8:18:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
I like mine too.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#43]
I have a Manticore triangle stock with the Ace folding mechanism on my PAP M92 SBR. Very solid and pretty light.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#44]
I know this probably isn’t gonna be overly helpful (Google/search is your friend) but if you do go with the stormwerkz hinge, there was a guy in the EE a few years back that was selling a one piece, curved nut that fits inside the receiver and makes the hinge ridiculously solid. $15 I think? It’s definitely worth it. A little locktite and I’ve done pushups on my M92 with 0 shift in the hinge/receiver lockup.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Which hinge do you have on the m92?  I used the stormwerkz and I’m trying to find a QD sling adapter for the threaded hole.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Manticore triangle LINK

Stormwerkz hinge LINK

-Mike

@64FXR

The QD cup is actually on my adapter LINK

I linked the non QD equipped one by mistake.

-Mike
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:00:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Triangle folder, anything else is just gross

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:21:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Coolest AK folder ever.  Seems like a lot of custom work for an M92 though.
View Quote

I put one on a Saiga 12...  That was before the Vepr shotguns were imported.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Do what the pros do!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:33:58 PM EDT
[#49]
I bought a surplus Romanian underfolder stock kit and fitted it to the M92. Just mark the holes in the closed position for proper alignment.

ETA: It was Polish, not Romanian.

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://imgdump5.novarata.net/3up9ct.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://imgdump5.novarata.net/3up9ct.jpg

Looks good

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top