BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The fact that all the other members of the forest clearcutting team made statements that corroborated (mostly) Travis Walton, I am convinced SOMETHING happened.   It's pretty hard to keep a story as loony as that straight among 4-6 guys when interrogated repeatedly.

That said, the movie scared the shit out of me, especially the part where he is depicted on the alien vessel under "examination".

By the way, the area this supposedly happened was REALLY remote in the 1970's.  It's still pretty wild country up there around the Mogollon Rim.
View Quote

My family spent summers there pretty much every year from the late '60s through about 1975 or so.
Definitely had a spooky feel back then at night. Still does sometimes if you're well away from the towns.

In that area as late as the late '90s it could take you well over an hour to be in a position to just make a phone call, let alone get any kind of police response.

Didn't help me as kid when there were all these paranormal movies that would play for 1-2 days each at different theaters in the area (there weren't many) back then.
Fire in the Sky really played into on my childhood fears of being alone in the dark in the forests up there.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

My family spent summers there pretty much every year from the late '60s through about 1975 or so.
Definitely had a spooky feel back then at night. Still does sometimes if you're well away from the towns.

In that area as late as the late '90s it could take you well over an hour to be in a position to just make a phone call, let alone get any kind of police response.

Didn't help me as kid when there were all these paranormal movies that would play for 1-2 days each at different theaters in the area (there weren't many) back then.
Fire in the Sky really played into on my childhood fears of being alone in the dark in the forests up there.
View Quote

Super interesting stuff to me.  Is that area still accessible?  Could be a fun trip.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Super interesting stuff to me.  Is that area still accessible?  Could be a fun trip.
View Quote

I haven't been to the exact spot, that I know of, but it's Nat'l. Forest and there's all sorts of numbered forest roads thereabouts.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I haven't been to the exact spot, that I know of, but it's Nat'l. Forest and there's all sorts of numbered forest roads thereabouts.
View Quote

Well alrighty then!

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:03:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well alrighty then!

View Quote

Isn't DE Biden's home state?  I'm sorry sir, but you're gonna need special permission to enter AZ.  Please see Karen at the front desk.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Super accessible now with a ton of smaller developments scattered all over. There's a few little two-lane highways,
the main one from Heber to Snowflake (AZ 277) and a few that connect the 277 back down to the rim. There's
a few "towns" if you can even call them that, like Clay Springs and Aripine between them.

Also FWIW in the movie they show him in a forest-forest (tall trees etc) but outside of Heber and other towns right on
the rim road (AZ 260) it's all scrub juniper pines, and if I remember right that was the stuff Walton & Co were actually
cleaning up.

If you keep heading east into Apache county you get more of the middle-of-nowhere feel the area had back then
than you do around Snowflake/Taylor today.

Also this whole area is less than an hour's drive south of what used to be US Route 66 (now the I-40.) It's a decent
road trip as long as you realize there's a whole lot of nothing out there.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any Squatch in them there woods?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:08:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Isn't DE Biden's home state?  I'm sorry sir, but you're gonna need special permission to enter AZ.  Please see Karen at the front desk.
View Quote

Been in FL for the past 8 years. Moved back temporarily because dad died and my uncle was found dead 2 weeks later.  Needed to keep an eye on mom and help get things settled.  Moving back to FL this fall.  I get a pass.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

In AZ it's called the Mogollon Monster.

Maybe...

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll have to ask my parents for some additional details.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Was expecting the Ozzie song.....
View Quote

Me too. Something about castles burning...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:19:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Always been fascinated with this story. I saw the movie when it came out. And a few times over the years. I always wanted to visit the spot. Who knows what happened up there.

Did I hear/read correctly that the local Indians said that the mountain was haunted and spaceships would come down and kidnap people?

ETA: we should get a group together and camp over night in the same spot. No gay stuff though
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So far all of them stand by it. Most never talked to each other again after the incident but independently they all defended the story still.
View Quote

The last time Walton took a polygraph about it, it pegged him as lying.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Met Mike a few times as our careers pathed together.   Some folks I worked with knew Travis.  That whole Springerville to Heber area is small town and forestery workers know each other.  

Pretty much regarded the movie and Mike's book as fiction in the alien parts.  

I saw the movie but did not read any books but I stand in the "Ah don beleeve it" group.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:39:00 PM EDT
[#15]
The 37th parallel is supposed to the be UFO highway as far a sightings. There are places in Sedona that give UFO tours, all they really do is give ppl NVG's and point out satellites moving in the sky and try to claim it is a mysterious object kinda like ghost tours.  Up on the Mongollon rim there are tons of forest roads that connect the small towns and some roads are 20-40 miles of nothingness. We were up there just a couple weeks ago and at night you can see the milky way because it is darker than dark at night. If you go to the bars and ask around you can find someone with a story to tell about the incident. Some are believable and most are full of shit.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The 37th parallel is supposed to the be UFO highway as far a sightings. There are places in Sedona that give UFO tours, all they really do is give ppl NVG's and point out satellites moving in the sky and try to claim it is a mysterious object kinda like ghost tours.  Up on the Mongollon rim there are tons of forest roads that connect the small towns and some roads are 20-40 miles of nothingness. We were up there just a couple weeks ago and at night you can see the milky way because it is darker than dark at night. If you go to the bars and ask around you can find someone with a story to tell about the incident. Some are believable and most are full of shit.
View Quote

That’s cool man, I dig shit like that.  Take everything with a grain of salt, but hearing local lore is nifty.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Crazy. He has taken almost 20 and finally failed one. They should do the entire crew again. I wonder what questions he failed.

Note. I do not believe aliens have been or are visiting us. They might exist but so far away they may as well not  exist to us.   I just find the fact that all stuck to the story for so long with little gain and many never benefited from lying.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Crazy. He has taken almost 20 and finally failed one. They should do the entire crew again. I wonder what questions he failed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crazy. He has taken almost 20 and finally failed one. They should do the entire crew again. I wonder what questions he failed

I would like to see the entire crew polygraphed again.  They've all passed multiple polygraphs over the years.  The polygraph Travis failed was on a TV reality show.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:55:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So far all of them stand by it. Most never talked to each other again after the incident but independently they all defended the story still.

More 411 on the most recent polygraph
https://michaelshermer.com/2012/08/travis-waltons-alien-abduction-lie-detection-test/
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#20]
That movie messed me up as a kid.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:08:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Been in FL for the past 8 years. Moved back temporarily because dad died and my uncle was found dead 2 weeks later.  Needed to keep an eye on mom and help get things settled.  Moving back to FL this fall.  I get a pass.  
View Quote

Please change the state in your profile.  Karen at the front desk can help you with that, too.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dunno. Take a fruit plate and some imitation Krab, just in case.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Please change the state in your profile.  Karen at the front desk can help you with that, too.
View Quote

Lol I will when I move.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I watched that movie as a young kid, like preschool young. I was definitely not ready either. That movie fucked my shit up.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:20:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Crazy. He has taken almost 20 and finally failed one. They should do the entire crew again. I wonder what questions he failed.

Note. I do not believe aliens have been or are visiting us. They might exist but so far away they may as well not  exist to us.   I just find the fact that all stuck to the story for so long with little gain and many never benefited from lying.
View Quote

I understand.  I'll play my cards and admit that I'm pretty skeptical about intelligent life existing elsewhere.

There's been a lot of screwyness with the whole polygraph portion of their stories.  Apparently the Enquirer (yeah, I know) once had a large cash prize for proof of the existence of aliens.  They wanted Walton to come in for a polygraph & he was really dodgy about it.  Reportedly, they made a deal where if it came up false it wouldn't be published.

No story was published and the prize went unclaimed.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I understand.  I'll play my cards and admit that I'm pretty skeptical about intelligent life existing elsewhere.

There's been a lot of screwyness with the whole polygraph portion of their stories.  Apparently the Enquirer (yeah, I know) once had a large cash prize for proof of the existence of aliens.  They wanted Walton to come in for a polygraph & he was really dodgy about it.  Reportedly, they made a deal where if it came up false it wouldn't be published.

No story was published and the prize went unclaimed.
View Quote

I too am skeptical.  Why are all of the sightings almost exclusively in very rural areas, including ones where they claim the alien ship landed?  Is there a reason why they can't land in a major city like New York, LA or Chicago?  Not even in a suburb?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I too am skeptical.  Why are all of the sightings almost exclusively in very rural areas, including ones where they claim the alien ship landed?  Is there a reason why they can't land in a major city like New York, LA or Chicago?  Not even in a suburb?
View Quote

ET don't like crowds.  After 87 million years alone in intergalactic space, you might not, either.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

ET don't like crowds.  After 87 million years alone in intergalactic space, you might not, either.
View Quote

I guess our official galactic representatives for the planet earth are Cletus and Billy Bob.  Their offering to our new space friends will be ice cold Budweisers for the adult aliens and Mountain Dew for the kids.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Despite your feelings about Mel Gibson, the lack of alien/human combat scenes and the water bullshit at the end, I still liked this movie.  I grew up next to a lot of corn fields and when I saw this movie as a 12 year old I had trouble walking home by myself for some time.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#30]
That and Communion really fucked with me for a few years.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:10:13 PM EDT
[#31]
THAT was a fucked up movie.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:14:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Good movie.

Also watch
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Another good one

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#34]
That movie scared the shit out of me when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:23:21 PM EDT
[#35]
I was about 11 when this came out.  I was super interested in aliens so I had to see it.  The whole idea scared the hell out of me, but I couldn't get enough of it.  I've watched the movie a ton of times over the years.. I like it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Clip provided to bring back memories for the squeamish ...
View Quote

Thanks for posting that. I've heard of this movie but don't remember ever watching it, but about 10 seconds into that clip I remembered some recurring nightmares I used to have as a kid.

Now I know where they came from so as messed up as it sounds, thanks for letting me know that I didn't dream that shit up myself.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:29:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Great movie!
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:30:42 PM EDT
[#38]
true story and creepy as hell.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:41:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The fact that all the other members of the forest clearcutting team made statements that corroborated (mostly) Travis Walton, I am convinced SOMETHING happened.   It's pretty hard to keep a story as loony as that straight among 4-6 guys when interrogated repeatedly.

That said, the movie scared the shit out of me, especially the part where he is depicted on the alien vessel under "examination".

By the way, the area this supposedly happened was REALLY remote in the 1970's.  It's still pretty wild country up there around the Mogollon Rim.
View Quote
I grew up on the rim and it is a different place now for sure, but there's still plenty of wild.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#40]
A famous psychologist took an interest in the "abduction" stuff a few years ago.  I think his name was Mack, and he died a few years back in a car accident, if I recall correctly.  

Anyway, while he didn't say if he personally believed "something" happened, his conclusion was that many of the abductees certainly believed it was true.

There is also an interesting case a couple of decades ago where the same thing happened to a couple of Bubbas.  The sheriff (before the days of the ACLU) left them in an office for awhile with a hidden tape recorder.  He expected them to use their time together to make sure their stories matched.  Instead, they were scared sh*tless the whole time.

Something is going on, but "they" don't seem to mess with Christians.  If you guys ever find yourself in trouble, call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and He can put an end to it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
A famous psychologist took an interest in the "abduction" stuff a few years ago.  I think his name was Mack, and he died a few years back in a car accident, if I recall correctly.  

Anyway, while he didn't say if he personally believed "something" happened, his conclusion was that many of the abductees certainly believed it was true.

There is also an interesting case a couple of decades ago where the same thing happened to a couple of Bubbas.  The sheriff (before the days of the ACLU) left them in an office for awhile with a hidden tape recorder.  He expected them to use their time together to make sure their stories matched.  Instead, they were scared sh*tless the whole time.

Something is going on, but "they" don't seem to mess with Christians.  If you guys ever find yourself in trouble, call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and He can put an end to it.
View Quote

DocGlocks big thread in the UFO subforum.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:22:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I prefer Communion to Fire in the Sky.

At least in Communion you get to see Christopher Walken shotgun a midget alien.
View Quote

Much better movie.

Still liked Fire in the Sky.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:31:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Despite your feelings about Mel Gibson, the lack of alien/human combat scenes and the water bullshit at the end, I still liked this movie.  I grew up next to a lot of corn fields and when I saw this movie as a 12 year old I had trouble walking home by myself for some time.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDY43_tAZt0
View Quote

Same.

I know Cowboys & Aliens took a dump but I remember there's a scene where...

Click To View Spoiler

That part reminded me of Fire in the Sky. Such a disturbing scene.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:36:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seriously?
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 12:04:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I always figured he went off on an acid binge and ended up getting pegged by a hooker. Alien abduction was less embarrassing.
View Quote

Note to self
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:33:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are they like vampires? If they see a cross necklace they keep flying to the next victim?
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Loved this movie as a kid. Freaked me the fuck out. Freaked me out even more when I learned it was based on a true story.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:58:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I would like to see the entire crew polygraphed again.  They've all passed multiple polygraphs over the years.  The polygraph Travis failed was on a TV reality show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate to break it to the believers, but a polygraph is just an interrogation tool.  There is no way that squeezing your butt cheeks while sitting on a 2-wire electrical conductor can tell someone you are lying.  It is designed to put the interview subject under stress and provide the interrogator with an advantage.  You should be way more skeptical of polygraph results than you are of aliens.  Aliens are much more likely to be non-fiction.  The polygraphers goal is to get a confession.  If you do not confess, there are no results.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Seriously?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously?

Psalms 50:15 "Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you, and you will honor Me.”

The Bible also talks about how God deals with them in Obadiah 1:4 :  "Though thou exalt thyself as the eagle, and though thou set thy nest among the stars, thence will I bring thee down, saith the LORD."

You don't hear this stuff preached in most so-called "churches", just like you don't hear this verse much either:

Luke 22:36 ".... and the one without a sword should sell his cloak and buy one."

The modern-day equivalent is an AR-15.  But you need Jesus to deal with demons/aliens.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Are they like vampires? If they see a cross necklace they keep flying to the next victim?
View Quote

Laugh if you like.  The unseen is more real than the seen.  Hope you choose to be on the winning team.
Page / 3
Top Top