Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2023 10:59:42 AM EDT
Have we done this one yet or my search skills lacking?

F.U.A.T.F. (FIXED UP AR TACTICAL FAILURE)

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Would a tennis ball be considered a rifle stock?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:06:34 AM EDT
[#3]
The .223 recoil is minimal. I've been shouldering buffer tubes forever. Without a stock or brace makes it more concealable. Fuck you alphabet bois.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#4]
That website! The domain name, the company logo....

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#5]
ATF will definitely not redefine "attached" to mean "in contact with." That's crazy talk...

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#6]
From one perspective I get it.  From another 99, I hope you dont have to shot offhand, prone, around a corner, at an odd angle, aren't under stress when you are trying to hit the hole, etc., etc., etc.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

A Tennis Ball in your pocket, constructive intent?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Does it come with an auto key card too?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The .223 recoil is minimal. I've been shouldering buffer tubes forever. Without a stock or brace makes it more concealable. Fuck you alphabet bois.
View Quote

it would seem the point of this product is clear, and it is not to make shouldering a buffer tube necessarily more comfortable.  It's a stick in the eye of tyrants
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

it would seem the point of this product is clear, and it is not to make shouldering a buffer tube necessarily more comfortable.  It's a stick in the eye of tyrants
View Quote
Indeed

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

ATF breeds so much innovation, look at all the otherwise useless gun accessories that exist for that very reason.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I could see ATF saying these click in and are attached to the buffer tube making it a stock. Hope not, but fuck them.

Weren't people putting cheek rests and or Stock Saddles on the buffer tube that gave the tube more width?
Where those considered "braces" and will no longer be allowed?

I've been googling and can't find how they attached those other than zip ties and then wrapping camo bandages around the cheek rest and buffer tube.

And I had a few AR pistols and didn't want to get a "free" tax stamp. Pin and weld barrel extensions, long flash hider, etc that I can undo if we win has been my solution for now. Except for a 4 inch barrel AR9. There is no extension that I can find or would honestly want. I'll just shoot buffer tube only or just put it in the back of the safe for the time being until this shit is shot down, or I buy a longer barrel.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
From one perspective I get it.  From another 99, I hope you dont have to shot offhand, prone, around a corner, at an odd angle, aren't under stress when you are trying to hit the hole, etc., etc., etc.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure the whole point of this isn't to provide a perfect alternative to a rifle stock. I think point is to piss off the ATF so they can get into a lawsuit with them, with the hope of eventually getting the SBR rules struck down. If the ATF tries to shut down this company for selling "stocks for SBRs" then they can show in court how stupid the SBR rules are.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:24:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I love it!

I was talking to one of our board 3d printing gurus a few days after the brace rules were published and mentioned that an enterprising person could make bank by printing up a bunch of holsters for buffer tubes that could attach to standard webbing / molle / . . .

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking of that!
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Genius
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:53:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#18]
I mean I like the name of the website... But this looks dumb as shit
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Same thing, but with a strong magnet in it, with buffer tube that has a steel cap, pulls / locks itself into position when shouldered.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:59:32 AM EDT
[#20]
I am truly concerned about once you remove and discard the brace, you are still committing constructive intent/ possession. That buffer tube can accept a regular stock, and pistols always had to have the smooth buffer tubes with pads, prior to this, or it was considered an illegal SBR!!!!!!!  Unless things have changed, I don't trust the FATF director, he lied to the public at a congressional hearing, these people are evil as fuck.

SO,/........I am just disassembling the pistol, discarding: the brace, the pistol length gas tube and the barrel; and just make my pistol into spare parts for rifle builds.

I refuse to get jammed up by these fuckers for some stupid ass trap they are trying to set on millions of folks, and no one is talking about that part of it, they just are thinking of 1 part of this, the FATF does not have to go over existing rules you have to worry about when they add a new rule. That is your responsibility.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I mean I like the name of the website... But this looks dumb as shit
View Quote

That's the point. It's SUPPOSED to look AND BE dumb as shit. The fact it's dumb as shit proves that the NFA and BATFE's recent ruling on braces is fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:07:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I dont get it. A shoulder pad?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:16:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am truly concerned about once you remove and discard the brace, you are still committing constructive intent/ possession. That buffer tube can accept a regular stock, and pistols always had to have the smooth buffer tubes with pads, prior to this, or it was considered an illegal SBR!!!!!!!  Unless things have changed, I don't trust the FATF director, he lied to the public at a congressional hearing, these people are evil as fuck.

SO,/........I am just disassembling the pistol, discarding: the brace, the pistol length gas tube and the barrel; and just make my pistol into spare parts for rifle builds.

I refuse to get jammed up by these fuckers for some stupid ass trap they are trying to set on millions of folks, and no one is talking about that part of it, they just are thinking of 1 part of this, the FATF does not have to go over existing rules you have to worry about when they add a new rule. That is your responsibility.
View Quote

Ownership/possession of one SBR’d AR lower lets you have a legal reason to possess multiple stocks and uppers. There is always a risk of a story being told by professional legal dissemblers or their bloodhounds. Running a cable lock through spare uppers prevents nefarious assembly.  Ultimately any legal dispute even if one is provably innocent gets expensive. Thus the $200 protection racket is a bargain, especially with inflation.  It’s easy to see why the free deal is attractive in the short term as well.  Long term, who knows in a game where the rules constantly change.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Same thing, but with a strong magnet in it, with buffer tube that has a steel cap, pulls / locks itself into position when shouldered.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like this idea.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ownership/possession of one SBR'd AR lower lets you have a legal reason to possess multiple stocks and uppers. There is always a risk of a story being told by professional legal dissemblers or their bloodhounds. Running a cable lock through spare uppers prevents nefarious assembly.  Ultimately any legal dispute even if one is provably innocent gets expensive. Thus the $200 protection racket is a bargain, especially with inflation.  It's easy to see why the free deal is attractive in the short term as well.  Long term, who knows in a game where the rules constantly change.
View Quote
millions of people do not have time to just get an SBR and the time to get the free one is gone. I dont want people to go to prison for a buffer tube!!!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Cannot stop the signal...
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:37:07 PM EDT
[#28]
For every rule or law that infringes on our freedoms a witty engineer will find a way to work around it. Damn I love America!
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Their dogs are gonners…
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:55:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Their dogs are gonners…
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Would be terribly unfortunate if someone dropped some STL files for this.  Amazon sells neodymium magnets.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#32]
A stick in the eye. Love it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Did'nt some of the old shooting jackets have a built in recoil area about the shoulder?

Depending on Plate carrier style, it's going to push out the bare pistol buffer tube to a more useable position itself.

Depending on your own body size and weight, you can actually shoulder and fire from just a standard pistol buffer tube without anything else.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:14:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
For every rule or law that infringes on our freedoms a witty engineer will find a way to work around it. Damn I love America!
View Quote

I wish PSA would rethink the Jackal as a Bullpup for mass market.  People want maneuverable short and handy firearms.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Thank you OP.  That was a good watch
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Idea: have strong magnet surgically implanted into shoulder
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#37]
An alternative idea I worked up was to glue rare earth magnets to a pad that went over my shoulder.  I then took a brace and glued rare earth magnets with the polarity reversed to the back of it to see if i could shoulder the stock.  I could not overcome the polarity of the magnets to be able to touch the back of the brace or the buffer tube to my shoulder.  The issue I found was that fighting the magnetic force didn't allow me to be able to accurately aim the gun so I gave up on the idea.  But, I still couldn't shoulder the tube no matter  what I tried. Magnets be scary yo!
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

A Tennis Ball in your pocket, constructive intent possession?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A Tennis Ball in your pocket, constructive intent possession?

FIFY
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 3:21:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

A Tennis Ball in your pocket, constructive intent?
View Quote

Nahhhh . . . just glad to see you.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 3:36:56 PM EDT
[#40]
I truly don't care what other folks want to do with their rifles/pistols, or any other firearms or weapons.  My reason for owning any firearm would be so I could put rounds on target.  As long as a modification helps me be more effective putting rounds on target, that is great.  Any modifications that make it more difficult for me to put rounds on target doesn't interest me.  

It is up to every firearm owner to decide for themselves whether they value concealment more than putting rounds on target.  If someone else wants a SBR, 5.56 pistol, pistol brace, or a device to assist them in shouldering a buffer tube, I support them..it is their firearm and their freedom of choice.    If I really believed some device would help me put rounds on target, I would probably own one.   Rounds on target is my entire reason for owning a firearm.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Where's the pic with feminine pads stuck to the buffer tube?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top