BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/18/2018 3:39:19 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

What ship is this?

I'm a total novice at this game. I've been watching some videos to get oriented, and I thought this look like a cool ship to work towards.

I have about one hour into the game so far, lol.

ETA, I am just using the free license. Is it worth it to upgrade at this point?  How far can I reasonably play before I should upgrade if I like the game. I have no idea what I'm missing out on honestly, by using the free module
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 3:48:53 PM EDT
[#1]
its a caldari frigate
looks like a manticore (tech 2 stealth bomber)

the kestral looks similar (tech 1 version)

dont sub until you have to.  learn the game first.

look for a good corp that will help you
eve university used to be good for learning

watch out for scammers

if you want some free isk, let me know i can send some, just need your ingame name
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m considering coming back, 51mil SP character; pvp and some mining skills. I logined in this morning with the alpha account and holy hell shit is expensive. Twice the price from 2011 when I quit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m considering coming back, 51mil SP character; pvp and some mining skills. I logined in this morning with the alpha account and holy hell shit is expensive. Twice the price from 2011 when I quit.
View Quote
isk is easy to make
just get in a 0.0 corp/alliance
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

isk is easy to make
just get in a 0.0 corp/alliance
View Quote
I might. I would like to join a merc Corp for warring in the empire. That’s been to most fun I’ve had in the game. Only issue is my last Corp were pirates and...well yeah haha.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
its a caldari frigate
looks like a manticore (tech 2 stealth bomber)

the kestral looks similar (tech 1 version)

dont sub until you have to.  learn the game first.

look for a good corp that will help you
eve university used to be good for learning

watch out for scammers

if you want some free isk, let me know i can send some, just need your ingame name
View Quote
Free Isk would be amazing.
My handle is 'Astralhawk-Exo'

Thanks for the guidance

ETA: technically, you OWE me free Isk, you terrible terrible rich capsuleer.  You didn't earn that.  Someone else did.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#6]
actually im poor, i only have 2 carriers.

many people i know can buy and sell me without blinking

couldnt find the toon via search
send an in game mail to DaShopper
its my shopping alt
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#7]
mdram is a gentleman and a scholar.

That is all.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:45:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in a small Wormhole Corp, the game is amazing, just Omega'd a third account for this month because I really want an alpha oracle pilot., but can't wait another couple months.

ALSO if you log in each day this weekend, you get 25k (alpha) or 50k (Omega),, skill points per day.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 1:12:30 PM EDT
[#9]
*sips coffee*

I really enjoy flying around my 1.8B isk faction / deadspace fitted Cloaki.

I also love flying around my 1B isk deadspace fitted Worm.  I love knowing I could get popped at any second.

If you need isk I can send some your way.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#10]
if you havent figured it out yet

eve has one of the best player bases out there
many people are willing to help

but at the same time, it has one of the worst
as scamming is part of the game
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I actually started back. Man a shit ton has changed
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I actually started back. Man a shit ton has changed
View Quote
Same.  Got back in about a month ago.  2005 player.

only have 80 mil SP.  If only I would of kept training... would have over 300 mil SP lol
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#13]
that’s an erebus
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 7:43:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Had a pretty good fight last night. Some Russians dropped carriers and dreads on our cruiser gang last night and we made them pay for it dearly. This is the second time Lussy Lu (Popular Russian streamer) and friends have tried this only to fail both times. We gave him his first loss in a year and a half three weeks or so ago.  Seems each time he is brining more people. Next time I expect to see a couple of supers we can kill  
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 12:14:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I need to start back up.  Still have a few decent ships.  Afraid to leave high sec with my golem.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 12:34:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Lol 5 accounts.  My two NS accounts fund my two WH pvp accounts.  Smart bombing Machs for ded 6/10 escalations.  One account for jump freighter and jita trading.

Been knocking the yard dog piss out of fraternity's VNI's the last month with my two WH pvp toons.  45 VNI's most of them solo.

My two highest SP chars are 85 mil.  Then two 50 mil chars, a 30 mil, and the rest are right about 10 mil.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 12:38:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Man... I haven't played EVE in years... I think I have a few billion isk laying around.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 1:19:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Just check my account.  I am about 35m SP.  And assets are around 6.5b. Tons of new stuff.  Might play for a bit.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just check my account.  I am about 35m SP.  And assets are around 6.5b. Tons of new stuff.  Might play for a bit.
View Quote
I’ve been out of the game for a solid 5 years.  Came back 3 months ago and this game is still holding my interest... if not more than when I originally played.  Took advantage of the skill injector booster a few times so now my SP is right at 90 mil.  Can’t wait to hit 100.  And I haven’t even touched supercarriers or dreads yet let alone trained in them.  I’m having fun with T3 cruisers and T3 destroyers / command destroyers (booshing shit is fun)
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Lol 5 accounts.  My two NS accounts fund my two WH pvp accounts.  Smart bombing Machs for ded 6/10 escalations.  One account for jump freighter and jita trading.

Been knocking the yard dog piss out of fraternity's VNI's the last month with my two WH pvp toons.  45 VNI's most of them solo.

My two highest SP chars are 85 mil.  Then two 50 mil chars, a 30 mil, and the rest are right about 10 mil.
View Quote
Bro I want to join you lol.  Your Corp recruiting?  Im afraid the WH Corp I’m currently in doesn’t have enough active players so our roams into nullsec usually end in getting blobbed to where we can’t fight and have to run away
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#21]
You can sell the shit out of those VNIs in Geminate right now
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 12:59:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Bro I want to join you lol.  Your Corp recruiting?  Im afraid the WH Corp I’m currently in doesn’t have enough active players so our roams into nullsec usually end in getting blobbed to where we can’t fight and have to run away
View Quote
Heck yeah.  Pm sent.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 1:03:29 AM EDT
[#23]
With the way NS is right now arfcom should get a nice C2 with a C3 NS static.  Farm the C3's and have a good k-space ls or hs connection.  Farm the empty NS's and roam for content out of the NS static.

Anyone interested?
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
With the way NS is right now arfcom should get a nice C2 with a C3 NS static.  Farm the C3's and have a good k-space ls or hs connection.  Farm the empty NS's and roam for content out of the NS static.

Anyone interested?
View Quote
I understood exactly none of that.  NS = null sec but that's it.

My eve experience has been in 95% HS doing random things since my time is limited.  Started off mining and switched over using some battleships and then switched over and trained a tengu.  Mostly running security IV missions.

I'm interested in trying some new things.  Learn me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 4:27:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Damn last time I played Eve must have been like 2007-8, I have a t3 think its a Tengu? with 2 bil of gear on it somewhere out in O sec. Did some merc work with a group called Noir mercenary.  Also did worm hole stuff but thats a kinda fuzzy to me now
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 6:55:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Last night was a blast. Had some guys attack our citadel in Placid. It started out as us in cruisers taking on a carrier and a few other sub caps. They then started dropping more caps on us so we answered back in kind. Kicked the ever living dog shit out of them. 25 minute fight and roughly
20 of that was us in sup caps.  That efficiency rating

https://zkillboard.com/related/30003848/201901042300/
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 7:40:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

My eve experience has been in 95% HS doing random things since my time is limited.  Started off mining and switched over using some battleships and then switched over and trained a tengu.  Mostly running security IV missions.

View Quote
Class 2 wormholes have two static connections, there are always two wormholes available. C2 are also small enough that they're tough to invade.
Class 3 NPC sites are easy to farm, especially for small groups, so you can make a lot of ISK in a short amount of time.
Having a null sec connection helps in finding fights, and if you can get a low sec connection through the C3, you can get your loot to Jita for Isk.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
PM sent...hit me up in game
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:25:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Class 2 wormholes have two static connections, there are always two wormholes available. C2 are also small enough that they're tough to invade.
Class 3 NPC sites are easy to farm, especially for small groups, so you can make a lot of ISK in a short amount of time.
Having a null sec connection helps in finding fights, and if you can get a low sec connection through the C3, you can get your loot to Jita for Isk.
View Quote
Good summation.

C3's can have any k space connection.  It doesn't take too long to roll a C3 and get a good HS.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#31]
get an account, log int, do the totorials.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Make sure if you have one - give the new folks a basic training plan so they can skill up some stuff to be at least meat shields...
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 8:52:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Ok.  I was thinking more along the lines of advice from folks here who play.
View Quote
well eve is a sandbox, so there is no specific thing to do
the tutorials will show you some of the various things you can do
its up to you to figure out what you like, and go from there

and you dont play eve, you live it
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Thinking about getting in to Eve.  Where do I begin?
View Quote
First thing first, you have to understand and accept the fact you can lose everything at any given time.  The game is not for the average player.

Start with an alpha account (free) for the first month and get into a Corp quickly. There are plenty that accept alpha accounts. They can help you out with your journey. Eve University is a good training school, but not sure if they accept alphas.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Just started as well. Been watching Eve for years and figured I'd finally commit.

Anyone have a Corp suggestion? I'd like to get into one for questions and stuff. I don't want money. I want to build myself up and be self sustaining.

I'm also going to be pretty casual. Maybe 10-15 hrs/WK is all I can manage for the foreseeable future. I don't think Eve University makes sense with that limited availability although I could be wrong.

Anyway... Randy Tailpipe of the Amarr master race.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#37]
eve university for a beginner corp
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#38]
I am a noob running around in a gnosis

Anyone part of any high sec corps looking for people?
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:39:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I am a noob running around in a gnosis

Anyone part of any high sec corps looking for people?
View Quote
Don't HS.  Join a NS corp.  It can be safer in many regards and the isk is exponentially better.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 1:17:14 AM EDT
[#40]
One of the best things you new guys can do is sub for a couple months, train scanning, covert ops cloaking, relic hacking, and into an astero.  You should be able to fly a level 4 on each frig skill for an astero with decent scanning skills and tech 2 relic hacker in under a month.

Watch a few videos on relic hacking, scanning, and bubble evasion...literally the only thing that will kill you is stealthy smart bomb camps in sites, smart bomb gate camps, and experienced large gate camps with cloaky sabres and experienced quick tackle pilots.  Join test, goons, legacy, etc... they have tons of blue alliances and you roam for hours in mostly empty space.  Sansha space can net you 150 mil a relic site with intact armor plates but you'll average 45-50 mil.  You can pull a bil easy in a day of relic hunting.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 11:07:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Been quite awhile since I have last played Eve. May give it another go.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Been quite awhile since I have last played Eve. May give it another go.
View Quote
If you are looking for small to medium gang pvp, give me a shout in game (Xerith). My alliance is based in low sec with null very close. They do BLOPs, cruiser, capital and sometimes battleship fleets. We have a very good FC and the alliance is laid back with no drama. A lot of fun ops coming up next month. We also own a few moons in the region for isk making.

This invitation is open to anyone here.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#43]
yes looks like a manticore.  I have been playing off and on for 12 years.   let my subscription lapse last month, too many bills to take care of for now.  Same as above, you need some isk, lmk.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 11:25:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
One of the best things you new guys can do is sub for a couple months, train scanning, covert ops cloaking, relic hacking, and into an astero.  You should be able to fly a level 4 on each frig skill for an astero with decent scanning skills and tech 2 relic hacker in under a month.

Watch a few videos on relic hacking, scanning, and bubble evasion...literally the only thing that will kill you is stealthy smart bomb camps in sites, smart bomb gate camps, and experienced large gate camps with cloaky sabres and experienced quick tackle pilots.  Join test, goons, legacy, etc... they have tons of blue alliances and you roam for hours in mostly empty space.  Sansha space can net you 150 mil a relic site with intact armor plates but you'll average 45-50 mil.  You can pull a bil easy in a day of relic hunting.
View Quote
@beardog30

Tell me more about this; I haven't played in like...10 years? I remember nothing lol

I'm interested in the more stealthy stuff. I think there was a category called Special Forces/Special Ops or something like that way back (maybe there still is?) where some of the ships and skills had something to do with sabotage and basically just causing problems for larger ships and Corps if I remember right.

That interests me.

I looked at the hacking tutorial last night and I like mini games as they require some actual skill instead of just getting whatever SP boxes filled up. What I don't understand is, with relic hacking/scanning, is that all you're doing over and over for loot? Or whats the overall point; skilling up for something? And how does that translate into the more stealth/sabotage role in passive combat (if at all?)
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 1:01:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

@beardog30

Tell me more about this; I haven't played in like...10 years? I remember nothing lol

I'm interested in the more stealthy stuff. I think there was a category called Special Forces/Special Ops or something like that way back (maybe there still is?) where some of the ships and skills had something to do with sabotage and basically just causing problems for larger ships and Corps if I remember right.

That interests me.

I looked at the hacking tutorial last night and I like mini games as they require some actual skill instead of just getting whatever SP boxes filled up. What I don't understand is, with relic hacking/scanning, is that all you're doing over and over for loot? Or whats the overall point; skilling up for something? And how does that translate into the more stealth/sabotage role in passive combat (if at all?)
View Quote
Covert ops.  It's a skill you can train to fly specific ships that let you cloak and warp while cloaked.  
Ships that utilize that mod/skill.
Two sisters of eve ships.  Astero a frigate, good tackle drone boat and good relic/data hunter.  Stratios, a slow tanky drone boat cruiser, good neuting ship.  Same bonuses to hacking but too slow for getting yourself out of a bubble on a gate with a relic hunting fit.

Stealth bombers.  Frigates that get a bonus to torpedos and can do incredible damage but have no tank.

Recon.  Cruisers that have specific abilities.  Amarr, neuter and tracking disrupts, caldari ecm, gallente warp disrupt and scram disrupt range increase and sensor damp, minmitar webs and target painters.  A pair of minmitar recon ships is what I use to go around and face rape fraternity's ratting VNI's and Ishtar's.  Traditionally used more for small gangs and fleets though.

T3 cruisers can fit the mod with the appropriate configuration for subsystems.

Victorian luxury yacht.  Travel ship/100mn almost uncatchable rolling ship.

Hacking is about making isk.  You can hack stations to get their reinforcement timers but stealths passive role is typically recon or providing a warp in point for tackle ships without tipping your hand.  There is covert cyno's.  Cloaky ships are also used to camp systems with heavy ratting to stop ratting.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 12:43:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Been playing for 2 years and still have no clue how to really play. Only on a few times a month, work alot of hours
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 1:52:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

well eve is a sandbox, so there is no specific thing to do
the tutorials will show you some of the various things you can do
its up to you to figure out what you like, and go from there

and you dont play eve, you live it
View Quote
Truer words have never been spoken.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Bear'd the fuck out of NS this weekend.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#50]
AT ship or special edition?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top