Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/18/2023 7:16:54 PM EDT
I think back to murderers like Tsarnaev and so many others. They get life and the families of the victims still have to grieve every day.

In that instance I believe the system is very much flawed but my idea of justice would be considered barbaric by a lot of folks.

When it comes to things like the Boston Bombing or the various school shootings do you believe the system is flawed in how it administers punishment?
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you guarantee no innocent person would be subjected to such barbaric measures as you put it?
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny how we don't trust the state to tell us the truth,
use our taxes responsibly, but we will toodle on into the death
chamber and assume the government will make the right
call in taking a life.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you guarantee no innocent person would be subjected to such barbaric measures as you put it?
View Quote
The system is far from perfect but in certain cases they figure out who is responsible.  In the case of Tsarnaev they should have put a bullet in his head. The fact animals like him can openly mock ? Well I've said how it makes me feel.

But I see your point.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#5]

If he's doing anything other than shoving razorblades up his ass in order to not be sodomized to death, he's living the dream.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Death is quick, with a little pain.  Living in prison the rest of my life would be a nightmare.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#7]
In my humble, country ass opinion the justice system is very flawed.
If a person is on camera killing someone (we've seen that), the shooters at schools, malls, grocery stores (we have all seen it) should be put to death immediately. No fan fare, no accolades from other sick fucks, nothing. They swing from a lamp post.
If a man's DNA (ya'll know what I mean) is in, on or around a child he swings from the lamp post.
There is way, WAY yonder to much recidivism in the system. There needs to be a cull of the broken ones.
Now, I know some of you DU transplants and alphabet agency bitches that monitor this site will get butthurt. I don't give a fuck. Suck it up, stop being snitches and pussy wimps and behave like you got a pair.
That is just my humble opinion
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:35:20 PM EDT
[#8]
In principle I believe in the harsh punishment of evil doers, including the death penalty.

In practice I no longer trust the government or society to accuratly enact such punishment against those individuals.

Nor do I trust they wouldn't expand it to their political opposition.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think back to murderers like Tsarnaev and so many others. They get life and the families of the victims still have to grieve every day.

In that instance I believe the system is very much flawed but my idea of justice would be considered barbaric by a lot of folks.

When it comes to things like the Boston Bombing or the various school shootings do you believe the system is flawed in how it administers punishment?
View Quote

When it takes YEARS to nullify an unjust law and only a fraction of the time to create it. The system is flawed.

When a person (assuming falsely accused) can be thrown in jail in minutes but takes years to clear their name, it is flawed.

When the more money/ assets you have is inversely proportionate to the amount of time you spend in jail/ prison, it is flawed.

When you can have multiple witnesses corroborate the same story of how ruthless someone is and they get to live, it is flawed.  (Similar to the lady that shot her child with a shotgun 6 times and put him in the trunk) (other than the witness thing)
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Key word is living. That shouldn’t be.
I do agree with time for appeals and what not.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#11]
There is no justice
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I think we need to introduce more people to the afterlife.  It speeds them on the path to reincarnation.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm okay with a life sentence in solitary confinement, in Supermax, as an alternative to the death penalty for terrorists.  Death would make them martyrs.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#14]
You have to realize the Democrats would put the J6 protesters to death for Insurrection in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#15]
The people need to step up and be the protectors of the community that they were always intended to be in our republic.

Be armed and well prepared. Be present in your communities. Push to fix self-defense laws. (At this point, I think it should be anything other than minor injury and you are GTG.) When the individuals out-source public safety, we get bad results. Law enforcement should be investigating and arresting those that get away. That number should be low if the people are doing their duty in their own communities. Carry everywhere. Get to know your community and the people in it. Be present as often as possible. Kyle Rittenhouse shouldn't be an outlier but the norm. Want to be free, this is what it takes.

Death penalty? No. I do not trust government with that power.

Cruel and unusual punishment in prison? Absolutely not. When government disarms the individual then government is morally responsible for that individual's reasonable safety. People getting beaten by other inmates is a failure of government in one of its prime responsibilities. People getting raped in prison is an egregious failure of government. Those that cheer this sort of behavior are either misguided or sick in the head.

Edited: Typo, "it's" -> "its"
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:59:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You have to realize the Democrats would put the J6 protesters to death for Insurrection in a heartbeat.
View Quote

Absolutely.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#18]
The Devil’s Island model of permanently removing people who can’t be rehabilitated is the best option.  Doesn’t have to be prisoners worked to death, but at some point there are criminals who will always be criminals because they’re allowed to be.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Kinda hard to think that would happen with putting Tsarnaev in the gas chamber.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#20]
We have a legal system not a justice system.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#21]
We no longer have a 'Justice System'.

We have a multi-tiered legal system that allows those in charge of upholding the rule of law to use any and all discretion to forward their own personal/group view of society. In essence we do not have a legitimate legal system any more.......just one that is enforced by 'fear of the man'.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#22]
We have a legal system, justice has nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Key word is living. That shouldn’t be.
I do agree with time for appeals and what not.
View Quote

FWIW I believe SCOTUS ended up saying he would in fact die.

not sure where we stand on timing but I don't see that changing unless the make up SCOTUS changes.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Our system is seriously broken. Murders are set free the next day!! Meanwhile non violent criminals get long sentences  WTF?!?!
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We no longer have a 'Justice System'.

We have a multi-tiered legal system that allows those in charge of upholding the rule of law to use any and all discretion to forward their own personal/group view of society. In essence we do not have a legitimate legal system any more.......just one that is enforced by 'fear of the man'.
View Quote

While I think our justice system is currently corrupted by political bias and it's always had glitches, I still believe it's the best one out there...sadly, our justice system lets the 100 criminals go free and uses the full force of the federal government to find a crime for the one innocent man...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
We have a legal system, justice has nothing to do with it.
View Quote

The truth.

For what it’s worth, the worst of the worst like this spend 23.5hrs/day in solitary confinement and 30 minutes a day of exercise alone in an enclosed open air court yard. Very minimal if any human contact. Probably one of the best forms of continuous torture out there. Knowing you are locked in a 7x14ft cell for the rest of your life with basically no human or other contact ever again.

Life for El Chappo and other high profile detainees.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:13:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
In my humble, country ass opinion the justice system is very flawed.
If a person is on camera killing someone (we've seen that), the shooters at schools, malls, grocery stores (we have all seen it) should be put to death immediately. No fan fare, no accolades from other sick fucks, nothing. They swing from a lamp post.
If a man's DNA (ya'll know what I mean) is in, on or around a child he swings from the lamp post.
There is way, WAY yonder to much recidivism in the system. There needs to be a cull of the broken ones.
Now, I know some of you DU transplants and alphabet agency bitches that monitor this site will get butthurt. I don't give a fuck. Suck it up, stop being snitches and pussy wimps and behave like you got a pair.
That is just my humble opinion
View Quote
With deep fake tech getting very good. Be careful what you wish for. What stops a corrupt government from framing you? As for DNA tech.... this was eight years ago.

FBI admits flaws in hair analysis over decades

What else have they been screwing up on?

Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:16:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

While I think our justice system is currently corrupted by political bias and it's always had glitches, I still believe it's the best one out there...sadly, our justice system lets the 100 criminals go free and uses the full force of the federal government to find a crime for the one innocent man...

https://quotefancy.com/media/wallpaper/3840x2160/2121167-Benjamin-Franklin-Quote-It-is-better-to-let-100-criminals-go-free.jpg

ROCK6
View Quote
Yup, hardened career criminals with rap sheets a mile long go through a revolving door system. All while the honest law-abiding person is railroaded for defending themselves against the hardened criminal.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:20:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We have a legal systemindustry not a justice system.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#31]
There is no such thing as a justice system. Only a legal system.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#32]
There is no justice system, there is a legal system and it is not for our benefit.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Our political system is flawed and has been weaponized against the citizenry by forces that hate this nation and would see it destroyed to be recreated in the leftist-fascist ideal.

The justice system simply reflects that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

“If it saves just one child.”
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Never mistake a legal system for a justice system.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Justice system flawed? I wasn't thinking of Tsarnev but of Gislaine's client list.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Any system created and run by humans will have flaws. That particular asshole should be put to death because the evidence is overwhelming.
 Crimes against children, elderly and weak deserve a greater punishment once eyewitness accounts and or solid video proof is established.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:53:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:01:49 AM EDT
[#39]
The fucked up part is that the media covers them and keeps giving them spotlight.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would actually be pretty easy to implement.  Caught in the act red handed,  oooooo  this trial is going to be mighty short and the sentence will be carried out immediately.   If not, continue with established practices.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Funny how we don't trust the state to tell us the truth,
use our taxes responsibly, but we will toodle on into the death
chamber and assume the government will make the right
call in taking a life.
View Quote

The social contract about the death penalty isn't about trusting the state.

It's them doing it, so we as the people don't.

Which way has the greater likelihood of killing an innocent person?
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The social contract about the death penalty isn't about trusting the state.

It's them doing it, so we as the people don't.

Which way has the greater likelihood of killing an innocent person?
View Quote
Both are fallible. The State though has a system in place where if they fuck up, you can't go after them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
the families of the victims still have to grieve every day.
View Quote

The grieving will not change.  I hope I never find myself in the situation but like to think justice would be done with life in prison though I am not opposed to death.  The problem with life sentences is they are becoming false advertising and more liberal officials are looking for ways to let these bastards back out.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#44]
pis

Yep that picture of the outside of a prison should stop any further argument about his treatment.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#45]
A return to public hangings would slow some of this out of control crime down. That would require some courage that our society no longer has the will for. The killings and robberies will continue and escalate in the future prepare yourself accordingly. we have teenagers that are 13-16 right now are already killers wait until they ferment just a little more.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#46]
No state or federal government can be trusted with the power to kill its own citizens.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#47]
If we really want a low crime society, execute everyone with 3 or more violent crime felonies. As in, anyone in prison with 3+ execute tomorrow morning. Anyone on the street, find and execute, there and then even if time served. Offer a $100k bounty to anyone executing a 3'er

Violent crime would fall 99.999% overnight, tons of $$$ saved, it would direct society on a fresh new course.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#48]
The justice system is not merely flawed, it's a capering jester.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If we really want a low crime society, execute everyone with 3 or more violent crime felonies. As in, anyone in prison with 3+ execute tomorrow morning. Anyone on the street, find and execute, there and then even if time served. Offer a $100k bounty to anyone executing a 3'er

Violent crime would fall 99.999% overnight, tons of $$$ saved, it would direct society on a fresh new course.
View Quote
Yeah, that doesn't have any way at all of becoming corrupt and creating a system of perverse incentives.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
pis

Yep that picture of the outside of a prison should stop any further argument about his treatment.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
pis

Yet they're still alive. After all these years, doing alright in there huh?

Here's a cell in that prison. Literallly ANY county jail is far worse.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top