Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/13/2018 10:47:42 AM EDT
A 28-year-old Ceres man is being held without bail after police said he fatally shot his mother in the head, blaming her for breaking his video-game headset during an argument.

Investigators determined Matthew Nicholson had been in his bedroom playing video games when he got upset and started yelling. When his mother went to check on him, he began to argue with her and ended up breaking the headset to his video game, police said.

Nicholson then blamed her for the broken headset and threatened to kill the victim and Nicholson’s father.
View Quote

Read the rest @ https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/01/12/neckbeard_blows_away_mom_over_broken_gaming_headset

Original story @ http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/article194399054.html
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 10:50:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, for Christ's sake... what game was he playing?
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 10:50:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Grown man playing video games...
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A 28-year-old Ceres man is being held without bail after police said he fatally shot his mother in the head, blaming her for breaking his video-game headset during an argument.

Investigators determined Matthew Nicholson had been in his bedroom playing video games when he got upset and started yelling. When his mother went to check on him, he began to argue with her and ended up breaking the headset to his video game, police said.

Nicholson then blamed her for the broken headset and threatened to kill the victim and Nicholson's father.
View Quote
https://i.imgur.com/Jq4Ai9I.jpg

Read the rest @ https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/01/12/neckbeard_blows_away_mom_over_broken_gaming_headset

View Quote
Twenty-eight years old, lived at home, killed his own mother over a piece of video game

equipment.  My guess is a kid who had been given everything he ever wanted without

question, along with every type of pill you could name, who finally came to believe he and his

wants outweighed everything on earth, especially other people.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
The average gaming age is in the 30s and the primary market for big sellers is adults.

The current generation of gamers grew up with a controller in their hands.  It used to be kids and teenagers... they're all grown up now.

Hell, I spent $2.5k building a rig, and I don't have any new games.  I'm looking forward to Far Cry 5.

The biggest surprise is how many women actually play.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#6]
He will have lots of gaming time as everyone in his cell block plays "hide the salami" at his expense.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds to me like she raised the boy to be who he is.

Grown man yelling and throwing a tantrum?  Get the fuck out.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I can't imagine killing my mother for any reason.

Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The average gaming age is in the 30s and the primary market for big sellers is adults.

The current generation of gamers grew up with a controller in their hands.  It used to be kids and teenagers... they're all grown up now.

Hell, I spent $2.5k building a rig, and I don't have any new games.  I'm looking forward to Far Cry 5.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To each their own. Not my thing...

...and screw that guy that went ape shit over headphones...
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:00:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Twenty-eight years old, lived at home, killed his own mother over a piece of video game
View Quote
Screen name???
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I do in my free time. Im 29. But I dont watch any TV.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
This, but they are very popular with adults nowadays. I don't mind it as it means there is more room to roam in the real world. I grew up playing video games but eventually moved on from them, no different than GI Joe figures or baseball cards. I prefer actual adult activities nowadays.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:18:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Almost as bad as averaging 5K posts a year on an online forum...
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
What if she tied you down and tortured one of your kids to death over the course of 2 days and there was nothing you could do but listen to their screams as they yelled for daddy to save them.

Would you kill her if you got free?
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Basement to prison cell in one easy move.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’m 26 and I play video games.

I also have a job and a house.

Invalid point.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Club Penguin players are hardcore
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Sounds like the kind of story that swatters tell the police.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am Truly amazed myself. I never really got into video games except when I was about 15-17 like 15 years ago I played counter strike some. Then on here about 8 months ago people were talking about it so I started playing again.

I played maybe 20 hours in the last 8 months. It is amazing how many professionals in their 30s and 40s play. We were just talking about that the other week, about how it’s like everyone who played at 15, started playing again. Most of these guys/girls aren’t the gamers like in the article too. There are several who are exceutive level management, most with families, real hobbies etc.

The one guy is taking a hiatus because he is going to officer training in the USMC and will be a LT I think he said when done.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sounds to me like she raised the boy to be who he is.

Grown man yelling and throwing a tantrum?  Get the fuck out.
View Quote
Yeah I have to agree
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#21]
"Youll never guess how this 28-year-old finally stopped loving with his mommy!"
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I hope he enjoyed the real first-person shooter action
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
and grown men sitting on the couch watching other grown men play with a ball is any different?
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:30:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Kid Yelling at His Mom on Xbox

this kid needs his shit pushed in and sent to military school.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#25]
But who will bring him tendies and Mt. Dew now?
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ha!!! Almost ...
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:34:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Wow, a real basement dweller.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
and grown men sitting on the couch watching other grown men play with a ball is any different?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Valid point.

How about this: I'd rather spend my time doing things other than playing video games. You all knock yourselves out...

...Carry on
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Nicholson then blamed her for the broken headset and threatened to kill the victim and Nicholson’s father.
View Quote
https://i.imgur.com/Jq4Ai9I.jpg

View Quote
Gaming..Headset.

Cause, a REGULAR  headset just is not "pro" enough.  Nono, no mere DC 10-13 head-vise will do when there is GAMING to be done.
I'm sure this guy had a GAMING mouse, and a GAMING keyboard.  Maybe a GAMING monitor, and a GAMING chair.
GAMING cheetos stained his godlike digits, and GAMING  drink, swirled in his GAMING tumbler.

His parent should have been more respectful  of the GOD she had birthed and raised, for him even deigning to reside in her abode, instead of a more suitable environ.

For fuck's sake.
My parents have smashed my cars, damaged my house, and murdered at least three of my chainsaws.
Never once thought about homicide.

The only game this guy should be playing is solitaire, with cards, in solitary.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I am Truly amazed myself. I never really got into video games except when I was about 15-17 like 15 years ago I played counter strike some. Then on here about 8 months ago people were talking about it so I started playing again.

I played maybe 20 hours in the last 8 months. It is amazing how many professionals in their 30s and 40s play. We were just talking about that the other week, about how it’s like everyone who played at 15, started playing again. Most of these guys/girls aren’t the gamers like in the article too. There are several who are exceutive level management, most with families, real hobbies etc.

The one guy is taking a hiatus because he is going to officer training in the USMC and will be a LT I think he said when done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

at least you all got out of mom's basement.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
That shit is weird to me too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
No different than a grown up man watching millionaires play kids games on TV while kneeling for the national anthem.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:46:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Valid point.

How about this: I'd rather spend my time doing things other than playing video games. You all knock yourselves out...

...Carry on
View Quote
My enjoyment of video games pretty much ended when I started doing similar stuff myself. Video games have no comparison to the real thing, especially force-on-force training and exploring places only a handful of people have been in the last fifty years.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#35]
He will enjoy next years release of Call of Booty. It will be a fully immersive experience.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe in reality, but in my head I’m still there
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What if she tied you down and tortured one of your kids to death over the course of 2 days and there was nothing you could do but listen to their screams as they yelled for daddy to save them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imagination UPDATED.

Holy Shit!
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Have a $300 headset... not sayin' I'd do it, but I understand.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#39]
The father of that 28 year old 'boy' should have beaten him senseless a long time ago and sent him packing.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No different than a grown up man watching millionaires play kids games on TV while kneeling for the national anthem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#42]
@Lothbrok

Someone must have told him there's no objective in mid
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
50 and same here.  Others watch tv I play video games.  Left4dead still a favorite.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
I play with a few guys old enough to be my dad.

Better than wasting the time watching TV.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 12:44:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

equipment.  My guess is a kid who had been given everything he ever wanted without

question, along with every type of pill you could name, who finally came to believe he and his

wants outweighed everything on earth, especially other people.
View Quote
Yeah, they created that monster. Progressive parenting wins again!
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Greatest freakout ever (ORIGINAL VIDEO)

Link Posted: 1/13/2018 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
....have a lot of fun!
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#48]
The Internet never forgets. He tried to put a controller up his butt
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm 51 and still play video games a bit. There's a guy I know online that plays who's 83 years old. Age has nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 1:10:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BURNED!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top