BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I am 44 and still occasionally game.

Have an Xbone in my office. But it isn't a driving force in my life like it is to some of these people.
My brother in law is in his mid 30s and an obsessive gamer.

We were recently on vacation with him, staying in a beautiful rental home up in the mountains.
While the rest of us were out hiking, going on trail rides etc, he was sitting at the kitchen table at his $2,500 laptop (that he can't afford), yelling into his headset, talking to his "team" and paying no attention to everybody else.
Even ignoring his kids while the rest of us kept them entertained. Shit was just sad.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 1:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I don’t see that “man” lasting long in prison.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#3]
For older people gaming is actually quite good. There was a study on it and its good for your health. Keeps the brain sharp.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
That made me laugh, thanks.

Having said that, bad family dynamics will end up badly.

Do they let you play video games in prison? I think not, he'll be mad some more.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Ah, good old Ceres. Hell of a town
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#6]
That was amazing. The future of our country right there.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#7]
My first thought when I read that story was that we should still have a military Draft, and that some kids might be "saved" from themselves or their home environment if they were drafted.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The average gaming age is in the 30s and the primary market for big sellers is adults.

The current generation of gamers grew up with a controller in their hands.  It used to be kids and teenagers... they're all grown up now.

Hell, I spent $2.5k building a rig, and I don't have any new games.  I'm looking forward to Far Cry 5.

The biggest surprise is how many women actually play.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grown man playing video games...
The average gaming age is in the 30s and the primary market for big sellers is adults.

The current generation of gamers grew up with a controller in their hands.  It used to be kids and teenagers... they're all grown up now.

Hell, I spent $2.5k building a rig, and I don't have any new games.  I'm looking forward to Far Cry 5.

Female, 59 is coming up quick (July) and I play. I have an XBox, Wii and also I play on Steam. I have 82 games on Steam alone. My favorite type is FPS, action and Sci Fi.

My hubby doesn't really play much. We do play Portal Co-op sometimes. We did play together in the beginning, with games like King's Quest. I had a number of Sierra games back then. We also played a game that was based on the Pohl book Gateway, mainly because we both love Sci Fi and had read most of his books.

ETA It's amazing how the games have progressed over the years. For reference, I don't play for hours every day, nor do I even play every day. I do play several times a week though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#9]
My dear, departed mother said that if your children didn’t want to leave home and go out on their own at age 18, you did a poor job as a parent.

I remarried a younger women while I was in my mid-50s.  As a result I found myself in the company of women with children in high school.

Talk about a bunch of moronic, enabling idiots.  They just wanted their children, especially boys, to have fun now and fun in the future.

It is no surprise that 4 out of 5 of these boys went off to college and were home by the end of the first year and in some cases the first semester.  They couldn’t operate on their own and were unprepared to actually do the minimal college work.

Gutless parents ruin sons.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The father of that 28 year old 'boy' should have beaten him senseless a long time ago and sent him packing.
View Quote
IF that actually happened, he would be in prison way longer than the murderer. Today dad/fathers are virtually powerless to enforce rules & regs on their children thru corporal punishment, it is considered child abuse.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 2:03:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@Lothbrok

Someone must have told him there's no objective in mid
View Quote
THERE'S NO GODDAMN OBJECTIVE IN MID
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I can’t belive your generation raised kids to be this way!
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 2:13:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Almost as bad as averaging 5K posts a year on an online forum...
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 2:15:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nope. Dudes too ('cept for mamacujo ).
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
IF that actually happened, he would be in prison way longer than the murderer. Today dad/fathers are virtually powerless to enforce rules & regs on their children thru corporal punishment, it is considered child abuse.
View Quote
Maybe in California (California is all kinds of fucked up), but not in Ohio, I can assure you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 2:25:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm 51 and still play video games a bit. There's a guy I know online that plays who's 83 years old. Age has nothing to do with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm 51 and still play video games a bit. There's a guy I know online that plays who's 83 years old. Age has nothing to do with it.
One of the admins on the CDN Shire was in his late 60's early 70's.  Then he just disappeared one day.   We don't know if he got back together with his wife or died.  Both were likely.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Playing videogames is the only way people in California can use guns.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't blame me. I just had my first. I'm going to raise her be as conservative as I can. It will be an uphill battle, but more importantly I want her to be smart.

If I can get her into college at 17, that will be one year sooner she'll be out of the house.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Don't blame me. I just had my first. I'm going to raise her be as conservative as I can. It will be an uphill battle, but more importantly I want her to be smart.

If I can get her into college at 17, that will be one year sooner she'll be out of the house.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry! Was blindly assuming you were an older boomer generation with kids in the 20s lol. I do agree with you
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#21]
If I ever have kids, I'm going to raise them like my dad did me. Sure it would be considered abuse, but they will know to keep their goddamn mouths shut

/joking
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If I ever have kids, I'm going to raise them like my dad did me. Sure it would be considered abuse, but they will know to keep their goddamn mouths shut

/joking
View Quote
Most people without kids think that way,till they actually have them.

I laugh at the shit I used to say before I had kids on what I would and would not do.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Naw it's all dudes playing female toons so they can scam loot and levels and free shit.

Had a new person join our guild and start the whole "I'm a girl!!!" thing 1st raid "she" went on. I got a decent drop and someone said I should let "her" have it. Made "her" get on Vent to make sure it was a "her".....that bitch could sing bass realllll good. Guild Leader was pissed! LOL
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#24]
OK.  I have two questions:

1.  Is that staged or was that kid really melting down?
2.  At 1:10.....???????????????
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got it. Thanks for clearing up why this country is totally screwed. Lol!
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Damn.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#27]
This jives with my recent Rainbow Six Siege experience.... Playing defense when my teammates kill me and shoot the cameras so I can't even help them from the grave.

Democrats the lot of them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 3:48:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My guess is a kid who had been given everything he ever wanted without question.
View Quote
People stuck living with their parents from that generation generally are there because they're broke as shit, not because they have everything they want.

I'm going to go with "this guy wasn't spanked enough as a child".
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Sixty here and game quite regularly.  The group that I fell into is made up of players from age 21 - 60.  I'd estimate that the average age of the group is 55 and is about 25% women.  We run two KF2 servers so that we can ban idiots like the one in the OP.

Computer game is just one of my (too) many hobbies.  Gaming is not for everyone but I enjoy it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 12:42:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This almost always gets tossed out there during video game and watching pro sports discussions.

I will say that fucking around on this website has expanded my knowledge base on all sorts of subjects that I would have never had exposure to , and due to that IMO there is little to no comparison in value to  playing video games or watching football.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 12:57:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was just watching something were an (book) author commented on that very thing. He said that no one asks if someone watches movies because it is assumed everyone does. And it's become the same thing with video games. I could even argue that watching TV shows, sports, and movies are all more infantile behavior than playing a video game...

That being said, he is a 28 year old who lived at home killed his mother over a video game. While I doubt the man is legally insane, it seems almost certain that he has some serious developmental issues. In any case, his life is now completely fucked. Probably he has no one to bail him out or pay for an attorney so he gets a public defender. And he's not going to get any sympathy from prosecutors, judges, juries, prison guards, or other inmates.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 1:20:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Video games are not the problem. Many adults play games and function just fine in society. The problem was his parents (RIP mom) enabling his behavior and lifestyle. Unless he was flat broke with nowhere else to go then I might understand living with his parents, but I somehow doubt that was the case. It's more likely he was a spoiled brat and that mindset continued on into adulthood.

Not only that, the article states his father wrestled the gun from him. His father is 81. The dad is either stronger than he thought or the man-child is a weak-assed punk.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 1:38:05 AM EDT
[#33]
What headset was it?
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 1:45:52 AM EDT
[#34]
They're gonna break his joystick when he gets to prison.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 1:47:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What headset was it?
View Quote
Hopefully not some Turtle Beach POS.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 1:57:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Typical millenial.  Still living with mom.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 2:03:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Classic video of a kid those never had a proper ass beating in his life.

Come to think of it, I wonder if he's the same one who just murdered his mom.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 2:14:54 AM EDT
[#38]
WTF? My mom would've beaten me to death.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 2:20:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 2:21:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get outta here
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 2:43:40 AM EDT
[#41]
I am 64 and game-free. I have never understood the attraction. Of course, I don't like broads with big butts, either...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top