BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:03:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Apparently she got the Roger Stone treatment minus the CNN heads up

REPORT: 7 FBI AGENTS ARRESTED FELICITY HUFFMAN AT GUNPOINT

Sources familiar with the arrest tell TMZ, 7 FBI agents showed up at Felicity’s Hollywood Hills home at 6 AM and drew their weapons as they ordered Felicity to come out and surrender.

We’re told Felicity, her husband William H. Macy and their 2 daughters were asleep when the agents ordered her out. Our sources say she knew the arrest was looming and would have gladly surrendered on her own, but the feds saw it differently.

An FBI source familiar with the arrest tells TMZ guns were drawn as a precaution. It’s always left to the agents’ discretion whether to draw a firearm during an arrest.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sources familiar with the arrest tell TMZ, 7 FBI agents showed up at Felicity’s Hollywood Hills home at 6 AM and drew their weapons as they ordered Felicity to come out and surrender.

We’re told Felicity, her husband William H. Macy and their 2 daughters were asleep when the agents ordered her out. Our sources say she knew the arrest was looming and would have gladly surrendered on her own, but the feds saw it differently.

An FBI source familiar with the arrest tells TMZ guns were drawn as a precaution. It’s always left to the agents’ discretion whether to draw a firearm during an arrest.
If the FBI wants to polish their rep a bit nailing these anti-meritocracy, society-debasing sacks of crap would be an AWESOME place to start.

Lousy, corrupt doctors, lousy, corrupt engineers and lousy, corrupt lawyers make for corrupt shithole nation.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:37:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No she didn't.  Her FB comments are awesome!

https://www.facebook.com/loriloughlin/
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:44:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Come on.

This kind of thing has been going on for generations.  Getting a degree from tier 1 school is valuable.
View Quote
This.  How much did Papa Joe Kennedy pay to get Ted admitted to law school, and then RE-admitted after he was thrown out?

And that walking bag of cirrhosis was almost president -  undone only by his uncharged vehicular homicide.

All Hail the U-Boat commander of Martha's Vineyard - 8 years sober now?
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 11:07:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Not a single fuck given about this. If you're going to use race as a determining factor for admissions, might as well use money to level the playing field.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 11:09:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not a single fuck given about this. If you're going to use race as a determining factor for admissions, might as well use money to level the playing field.
View Quote
Idiots of color and idiots of means.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 11:16:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 11:16:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
This makes this situation even better.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 11:41:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

$1 million bail bond???

Damn.  There are murderers that didn't even get a bond that high.
View Quote
Flight risk since they're rich?
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 11:45:08 PM EDT
[#12]
2 of the turd parents live near me. Social Justice Warriors getting justice!
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 11:46:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin's husband Mossimo Giannulli are both released from custody after making their first court appearances in the college bribery scandal

Lori Loughlin's husband Mossimo Ginnulli was also seen leaving the courthouse on Tuesday

More Pics

Documents revealed that Huffman and Macy decided at the last minute not to have their younger daughter take the SATs with assistance
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 11:49:26 PM EDT
[#14]
So the colleges were victims of these criminal moms and had no idea that the sports team student recruit was not talented?
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:06:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So the colleges were victims of these criminal moms and had no idea that the sports team student recruit was not talented?
View Quote
Co-conspirators were coaching staff, and with respect to non-revenue women's sports, this would be easy to do, especially with Title IX impositions.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:07:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Rob Lowe throws shade by tweeting that he's 'very proud of my honest hardworking sons' in wake of college admissions scandal.

The former West Wing star, 54, made his comment as he retweeted a post by his youngest son John Owen Lowe, 24,who graduated from Stanford University last year

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6801791/Rob-Lowe-tweets-hes-proud-honest-hardworking-sons-wake-college-admissions-scandal.html
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:18:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Oh now that is quality.

Sadly, not one of the Hollywood and academia “elites” /SJWs caught up in this will learn a damn thing - a Year from now they will be every bit as smug and condescending.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:22:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Athletics should never play a role in college admissions. Just my opinion. If you want to play a sport in college, get into the college first.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:29:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I bet someone can dig up something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this how AOC got into BU?
I bet someone can dig up something.
She's a minority. Much, much lower admission standards.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:38:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:41:25 AM EDT
[#21]
USC fires athletic director who 'accepted $50,000 from Lori Loughlin' as well as water polo coach involved in college admissions bribery scandal

The University of Southern California has fired two employees who were implicated in a massive college admissions bribery scandal this week.

Senior associate athletic director Donna Heinel and water polo coach Jovan Vavic were both fired on Tuesday.

Heinel allegedly accepted a $50,000 bribe from Full House star Lori Loughlin and her husband to get their two daughters into USC as crew recruits.

Vavic has been accused of accepting a $250,000 bribe to designate two students as recruits for his water polo team to help get them into the university

USC water polo coach Jovan Vavic  was fired on Tuesday after he was implicated in the major college admissions bribery scandal

Senior associate athletic director Donna Heinel, who allegedly accepted the bribe from Loughlin, was also fired on Tuesday

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6801989/USC-fires-athletic-director-water-polo-coach-college-admissions-scandal.html
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:53:25 AM EDT
[#22]
What I can’t figure out, is why any D1 coach would give up a slot for someone who didn’t excel in a sport? They already have limited slots and if the coach doesnt produce their sent packing.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:10:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What I can’t figure out, is why any D1 coach would give up a slot for someone who didn’t excel in a sport? They already have limited slots and if the coach doesnt produce their sent packing.
View Quote
From last year

The USC men’s water polo team knocked off Pac-12 rivals Stanford earlier this month to win the 10th NCAA Championship in program history. This was USC’s 14th-straight final: a streak that began in 2005 with  3-2 win over Stanford.

https://swimswam.com/usc-wins-10th-ncaa-mens-water-polo-national-championship/

USC’s Legendary Water Polo Coach Allegedly Found Time to Take Bribes While Winning National Titles

https://slate.com/culture/2019/03/college-admissions-cheating-scandal-usc-water-polo-coach-jovan-vavic.html
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 7:30:28 AM EDT
[#24]
How much do they pay a water polo coach? I’d assume $50k is quite relevant to them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Looking at this scandal makes me think David "Camera" Hogg's parents might have been on to something. They let their kid become the face of the post-Parkland social justice warriors. It took a year but a kid who couldn't get into the University of Florida now is headed to Harvard. Instead of having to cough up $500,000 +/-, they just had to put up with the world knowing what an arrogant little twit their darling son really was.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Looking at this scandal makes me think David "Camera" Hogg's parents might have been on to something. They let their kid become the face of the post-Parkland social justice warriors. It took a year but a kid who couldn't get into the University of Florida now is headed to Harvard. Instead of having to cough up $500,000 +/-, they just had to put up with the world knowing what an arrogant little twit their darling son really was.
View Quote
I'm sure he can write (or have someone write) a hell of an admission essay based on all the constitutional rights he wants to restrict.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#27]
This is the non governmental wing of the leftist deep state.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah that's one of my questions, also.

Two answers I can think of:

1. Giving up 1-2 slots a year isn't a big deal for the team...
2. Who cares about the team - Daddy wants a new BMW...

Or some combination of the two...
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 9:36:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
But that's just it, they didn't charge the petty process crimes.  They charged mail fraud, the same thing Bernie Madoff was convicted of.  
View Quote
Mail fraud is a petty process crime. Nobody sets out to conduct "mail fraud."  It's a charge they install when they can't or won't charge you with the actual thing you were doing, and instead attack only the process you used to carry it out.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm sure he can write (or have someone write) a hell of an admission essay based on all the constitutional rights he wants to restrict.
View Quote
He should pay income tax on that 500k gift.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Title IX means that many univerities have women’s teams, but often cannot find enough qualified women to fill their rosters.
View Quote
Dude.  Women's crew.  
I used to row.  Not exactly a glut of athletes available.  Maybe ivy league here on the east coast, but USC?
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Title IX means that many univerities have women’s teams, but often cannot find enough qualified women to fill their rosters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Title IX meant the end of baseball at my college because there wasn’t enough women’s sports to offset it. It also didn’t make money.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 10:41:53 AM EDT
[#36]
When do the colleges return, or forfeit all of the money?
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 10:47:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

They ain't gonna do that unless forced.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When do the colleges return, or forfeit all of the money?

They ain't gonna do that unless forced.
Exactly - this is precisely why I decry this entire thing as petty process crime. A nothingburger.

You have here several universities in possession of millions of dollars that they allegedly accepted under fraudulent circumstances.

They are not going to:

-----------------------------------------
1. Go after the money.

2. Kick the students out who have been found to not belong there.

3. Nullify the educational credits they fraudulently accrued, if any.  
-----------------------------------------

So long as they stop short of actually righting the wrongs here, and focus only on the far edges of it, while avoiding the middle...   this is kabuki theater.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:08:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

1. From what I can tell, most of the money was illegally paid to INDIVIDUALS, we were not operating with university sanction.  The universities didn't receive any money.  The individuals who took bribes and put them into their own pockets will likely be required to pay it back (whether as a result of criminal cases or civil cases, but also depending on statues of limitations and other legal bullshit like that).

2. I would be VERY surprised if these students were not expelled.  I would bet that most (if not all) will be.

3. How that is handled will likely depend on the specific policies of the universities in questions.  My guess is that once the students are expelled, the universities will WANT to nullify the credits - but exactly how that happens will depend on arcane bureaucratic rules.  
View Quote
I'll be surprised if the schools take action against the students.  The "Think of the Children!" sentiment will be too strong.

Would love to be wrong on this one, though.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I think the schools have no choice at this point.  Allowing students to stay enrolled who were only admitted as a result of fraud, cheating and bribery would be a huge stain on their reputations.

That said, I have personally experienced several examples of students (Chinese, of course) at top universities who CLEARLY cheated on entrance exams (like GMAT and TOEFL), and asked the administration to void their admission and expel them - only to be met with silence and inaction.    So unfortunately, you might be right.  Of course, if the instances I experienced that been embarrassingly PUBLIC, I bet the administration would have done something.
View Quote
We're dealing with whites here.

Different rules for different races......
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Most of the payments were bribes to individuals who worked at the universities, NOT to the university.
View Quote
I'm about 90 percent through the criminal complaint. In the case of USC, most of the payments seem addressed to the women's athletic fund. I don't know how much the individual coaches were profiting. I think they were using the money to increase funding in the athletic department. This is an institutional problem and hopefully will go much higher than individual coaches.

Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I think the schools have no choice at this point.  Allowing students to stay enrolled who were only admitted as a result of fraud, cheating and bribery would be a huge stain on their reputations.

That said, I have personally experienced several examples of students (Chinese, of course) at top universities who CLEARLY cheated on entrance exams (like GMAT and TOEFL), and asked the administration to void their admission and expel them - only to be met with silence and inaction.    So unfortunately, you might be right.  Of course, if the instances I experienced that been embarrassingly PUBLIC, I bet the administration would have done something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. From what I can tell, most of the money was illegally paid to INDIVIDUALS, we were not operating with university sanction.  The universities didn't receive any money.  The individuals who took bribes and put them into their own pockets will likely be required to pay it back (whether as a result of criminal cases or civil cases, but also depending on statues of limitations and other legal bullshit like that).

2. I would be VERY surprised if these students were not expelled.  I would bet that most (if not all) will be.

3. How that is handled will likely depend on the specific policies of the universities in questions.  My guess is that once the students are expelled, the universities will WANT to nullify the credits - but exactly how that happens will depend on arcane bureaucratic rules.  
I'll be surprised if the schools take action against the students.  The "Think of the Children!" sentiment will be too strong.

Would love to be wrong on this one, though.

[University of San Diego]:  "So you have heard of me?"  

I hope you're right - maybe if USC kickes out the Instagram "influencer" daughters that will start a trend at other schools, too.

The cynic in me thinks most of the kids will say "I didn't know about the cheating / bribes" and get a pass.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, as I said earlier, this is an easier scam to pull off on the women's side.

Title IX has done its fair share to move the bell curve to the left.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:34:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

[University of San Diego]:  "So you have heard of me?"  

I hope you're right - maybe if USC kickes out the Instagram "influencer" daughters that will start a trend at other schools, too.

The cynic in me thinks most of the kids will say "I didn't know about the cheating / bribes" and get a pass.
View Quote
One of the things I found humorous in the complaint is at the beginning when they are listing the schools. "Highly selective" "Highly selective" "Highly selective." Poor USD only got "selective". LOL

Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top