Page / 2
Posted: 1/15/2020 4:15:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:16:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:20:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:22:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I am willing to bet that this isn’t the first job where she hasn’t been pulling her own weight.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:24:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:25:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:27:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:31:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:32:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Well of course she doesn't have time to investigate crime.
She runs her own eco-friendly sex toy company too.
I shit you not.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:34:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:35:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So what's the "racist" angle here? She shouldn't have to do her job because she's black?

Expecting her to actually investigate stuff is racist somehow?

View Quote
Mmmmm.... Yes. Everything is racist.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:35:44 AM EDT
[#11]
She will wind up with a huge pay day from the EEOC lawsuit. Disgusting.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:35:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Yay for affirmative action. Promoting shitbags for diversities sake.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:36:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Copy of no work detective's complaint to the state at link. She only got caught because a new Lt working in the Investigations Unit decided maybe having a spreadsheet of open cases might be a good idea and SURPRISE guess who had over a 100 cases sitting around open.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.localsyr.com/news/local-news/state-complaint-says-ithaca-police-officer-had-117-open-cases/amp/
View Quote
Is that a really small city?

There are several kinds of ready made software for case tracking.  How would the detective sergeant not know about these cases?  How would the agency not know all the stats and clearance numbers?  The whole case tracking thing is a significant part of a detective's job.

Everything is all linked and tracked digitally now.  Makes it really hard to hide out.

Ithaca must be really something from the past.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:36:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:43:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Don’t forget the promotion.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:47:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:06:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am willing to bet that this isn’t the first job where she hasn’t been pulling her own weight.
View Quote
This is true
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:08:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, I think that in this case she's toast

They won't let her retire while the investigation is active, but I'm sure that will be the inevitable outcome
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:17:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There are several kinds of ready made software for case tracking.  How would the detective sergeant not know about these cases?  How would the agency not know all the stats and clearance numbers?  The whole case tracking thing is a significant part of a detective's job.

Everything is all linked and tracked digitally now.  Makes it really hard to hide out.

View Quote
Every agency in the county uses spillman.
When we went to the overall program, agencies decided which modules of the program to plug and play.
At the time, the decision was made to not buy that particular module. As a result of this incident, IPD made the decision to purchase the case tracking module and revise their case assignment and tracking procedures. Over a decade she had multiple supervisors and it was probably relatively easy for her to make some cases simply go away during supervisory transitions

Knowing her as I do, my money is on the suspects in those cases being of a demographic that she didn't want to make an arrest from

And yes, she runs a sex toys shop on the side. Perfectly legal.

She also sat on tons of community boards, so she's had her fair share of support from the community. Right now the agency suffers from a lack of support over a variety of issues, and they're having trouble recruiting and retaining staff
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:20:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I figured when they kept calling her an "entrepreneur" it was something like dildos

Hey James Yeager sells dildos
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I shit you not.
I figured when they kept calling her an "entrepreneur" it was something like dildos

Hey James Yeager sells dildos
Yeager selling dildos sounds about right.  Does he sell them out of a ditch?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:24:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Population is only 30k according to Wikipedia. Cornell and Ithaca College are in the area, I don't know if those are in the city limits and included in the population.

For a rural low population county Ithaca is pretty normal small city, Watertown is about the same size, Binghamton is bigger.

I'm surprised there weren't complaints from victims. Usually in upstate NY in small towns everyone knows stuff like this through the grapevine but it sounds like the PD just stumbled across this. I guess from the articles it's a 70ish Officer Department. I've never handled cases there and don't know a lot about it except the city is super lefty.
View Quote
Permanent population of the county is around 100k. That doesn't include the student population of Cornell, Ithaca College and Tompkins Cortland Community College which,despite it's name, now recruits heavily from NYC because they over extended themselves in their transition from a commuter day community college to a residential college a decade ago. They built five residence halls and then discovered that local kids didn't want to pay to live in a dorm. So they import a bunch of NYC kids who bring NYC problems into the small village of Dryden where the school is located. The dorms are almost 100 % minority, and they recently hired a SJW president who doesn't care if the blacks pass classes, as long as the school gets that subsidized tuition money
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:27:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:27:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:29:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
All the upstate state colleges have had an influx of NYC minority students (and increase in crimes like shoplifting) since the state colleges became free, I have heard
View Quote
If the school had stayed a day commuter college, which was it's basic charter since being created in the 60s, this issue they're having at TC3 wouldn't have happened.

I think that things are getting bad enough that local kids are looking elsewhere for two year schools
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:39:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Had a similar situation at a major company I used to work for years ago where one employee would walk around all day basically do nothing and if other employees complain he would claim racism, if his manager criticized him, or gave him a bad write up he would get HR involved and claim racism. So naturally everyone looked the other way.

When we merged with another major company we had to undergo layoffs, management saw an opportunity and he was among the first to get laid off.  He got a lawyer and threatened to sue again claiming racism  so management yielded and created a new position for him as a security guard so he could walk around all day and do nothing.

This is what we get for having a society where diversity is mandated, where employers and employees are bound and gaged by political correctness and where token hires have become part of the price of doing business.

I have no doubt she will get the winning end of the stick, work place diversity bestows extraordinary power upon the diverse.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:02:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:17:24 AM EDT
[#27]
I don’t see what the problem is...while she’s out all next week at that women in law enforcement conference in Vegas, simply reassign her cases to the other detectives. If they complain, tell them it’s a small price to pay working for a woke city
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:35:59 AM EDT
[#28]
She failed to UPGREYYED her diversity status for a double dose of diversity protection. Obviously racism alone is not enough armor, she should of claimed the indefeatable trifecta of gay, trans, racism. Armor, maybe sprinkled a little muslim on top as well.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:47:03 AM EDT
[#29]
There is a very popular bumper sticker in that area of the state.  It reads "Ithaca.  10 square miles surrounded by reality'"
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:51:05 AM EDT
[#30]
The racism of "expecting me to do my job while I'm black".   The worst kind of racism!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:04:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The racism of "expecting me to do my job while I'm black".   The worst kind of racism!!
View Quote
Mark center, a federal building in NoVa, is chock full of jobs program minority women. I was "lucky" enough to have an exec secretary assigned to me for admin type stuff....schedule my travel, file travel reimbursement vouchers, etc....nothing that required a heavy lift or an IQ over 90.

Travel was continually fucked up, reimbursements were taking 2 months instead of 10 days, etc... After speaking with her numerous times I went to her boss.  We spoke and she offered to assign another person to me. I'm not a big believer is pushing problems down the road and told her let's take corrective action with this person.  She got up from her office chair, walked to the office doorway and looked out into the cubicle farm where perhaps 50 or 60 black women were sitting. Almost everyone of them were doing their nails, gathered in groups talking, etc..basically anything other than actual work.

She looked at me and told me that every single woman out there had filed an EO racism complaint within 30 days of being hired.  That's done so that any corrective action taken against them can be met with "see I told you they is racist. They doing this because I'm black".  Takes about 2 years to fire one and every T must be crossed and I dotted. Normally they're promoted to get rid of them.

BTW the manger was herself a black woman, switched on and just about seethed with hatred for those women.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Population is only 30k according to Wikipedia. Cornell and Ithaca College are in the area, I don't know if those are in the city limits and included in the population.

For a rural low population county Ithaca is pretty normal small city, Watertown is about the same size, Binghamton is bigger.

I'm surprised there weren't complaints from victims. Usually in upstate NY in small towns everyone knows stuff like this through the grapevine but it sounds like the PD just stumbled across this. I guess from the articles it's a 70ish Officer Department. I've never handled cases there and don't know a lot about it except the city is super lefty.
View Quote
There is a ton of crime in Ithaca, including more than its share of violent crime. I know the police chief there, he’s pretty squared away and relatively new.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:14:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So what's the "racist" angle here? She shouldn't have to do her job because she's black?

View Quote
How dare they make a black woman work!  She was an affirmative action hire whose job is making the dept's quota and not actual police work.  They should be honored to have her presence.  Racist bastards!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:36:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Just because case tracking software exists doesn't mean the PD will buy it or use it if they have it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the upper ranks knew she wasn't doing shit and were afraid to take any action against her.

Sounds to me like a new boss came in, realized that things were a mess and actually took action to fix things.

Kudos to that boss.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:38:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Shockingly the state actually sided with the PD against the bogus claims of racism.
View Quote
That is amazing
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:48:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:49:13 AM EDT
[#37]
The race card is always the first card that gets played.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:49:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:52:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Didn't solve case files because that brain couldn't generate enough juice to light the bulb in a firefly's ass.

Has a face for radio...…….must order eye bleach on Amazon now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
Lmao
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:55:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The race card is always the first card that gets played.
View Quote
"They pull the race card so often they had it encased in protective lucite"
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:03:31 AM EDT
[#42]
To be fair though...

Didn't you give yourself an award, penguin?

Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:06:43 AM EDT
[#43]
I would be curious to know the demographics of the cases she did "work" on.  I also want a demographic breakdown such as: Victim was white, perp was black.  Victim was black, perp was white.

I would predict a pattern of working cases that involved a black victim and other perp and ignoring the rest.

If the community doesn't scream for her termination then promote her to supreme overlord chief
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Nothing to say except CoC 1 and CoC 4 should apply.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:21:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I shit you not.
View Quote
Oh
My
God
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:48:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Lmao
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Lmao
What a culture of apathy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:49:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#49]
I once knew a state employee, nickname Goldbrick.
Goldbrick finally got a warning letter IIRC.
Called in a advocate from NAACP or similar to fight for his rights to get taxpayer money for not working.
NAACP dude told him something along the lines of "I'd fire you if it were up to me, they're just trying to reform you and make you productive".
It restored my faith in the NAACP, back in the 1980s when I was starting to decide they were the black KKK.

Quoted:

View Quote
Given her record since becoming an Investigator, I'd say that racism/sexism was probably involved in promoting her to Investigator instead of men and whites who actually do their jobs.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote
That's nothing. USAF named a base after her. (just kidding, Barksdale AFB is older than she is)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top