Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wonder who he pissed off?
View Quote

ATF, between online sales and importation records he dug his own grave.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

I’m betting they found him while investigating Larry Vickers unfortunately.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

AFG customs?  Did you have to go through customs when entering the country and declare the knife?  If an item is illegal in the country I could see this happening (outside being in military/diplomatic containers).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Customs confiscated a knife from me on my way out of Afghanistan.

It was a knife I bought state side and brought to Afghanistan..

Fuck be upon them.

AFG customs?  Did you have to go through customs when entering the country and declare the knife?  If an item is illegal in the country I could see this happening (outside being in military/diplomatic containers).

LOL  Lefty virtue signalling icon is lefty virtue signalling icon .  Customs rules in Afghanistan during the war? LOL
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Does that logic retroactively apply to things that were legally imported 20 years ago or just to current imports?
View Quote

Theoretically speaking, you'd be best served by getting rid of any receiver stubs your buddy may or may not still have attached.  In minecraft.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Lt.Col. (R) Steve Russell founded Two River Arms based on that concept.
To build what they couldn't bring back.
It'd be a buttload cheaper to bring em back,though.
View Quote

And did Steve lift one finger when he was in congress for 4 years undoing unconstitutional gun laws? No. Instead he fully backed Trump's Bump stock ban which violates the 5th Amendment too in every way since it included no amnesty despite statutory authority on the books. When I reached out to his office when I was active duty for assistance I got a non-starter response from one of his Vetbro assistants. There's reasons he was defeated by Kendra Horn. And thank God Bice is an improvement on both of them. TRA fully support the nfa and atf brace rulings. Only rich people and FFLs should continue to have access to MGs is their philosophy
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:37:40 PM EDT
[#6]
My buddy says:

"GD has assured us numerous times that nobody ever gets busted for ITAR and 922r violations. Those are just harmless little GOP laws that don't matter."
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#7]
ay hi to the "Chief" for us.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

He does not have any connections to LAV. He had his own sources/network independently.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#9]
OK outside of the machine gun, the rest of that is pretty bogus

Pistol grips, handguards, spare parts illegally imported? Inert grenades?

Pretty lame reason to ruin a guys life. Over a victimless crime that has zero negative effect on anyone.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Nothing on the list seems illegal to me. You can buy it all in most pawn shops/Army-Navy Stores/or online.

Even the machinegun charge is questionable at this point. It depends on who is calling what a machine gun. I recall going to my local Army base in SC years ago to use their range on the weekend, like I had been doing for years. This day however, I had to go through the main gate because the remote gate was closed. When asked if I had firearms with me, I answered yes, so they pulled me over to do a vehicle inspection. The rent-a-cops flipped out when they saw my AKs, ARs and a G3. "Stolen machineguns"!!! "Illegal arsenal"! They called some sort of alert to the MPs, who showed up in force - quickly. The head MP looked at my guns, looked at the paperwork copies I had from registering them on base and let me go.

I think there's more here than what we see...probably he pissed someone off and they had the connections to make an example of him. At that point, he had no hope.

During my 21 years active duty, I saw officers around me do lots of very illegal stuff and everyone looked the other way, or told to look the other way; things that make this guy look like a saint. I've seen nuclear weapons violations, true firearms violations, and even one pilot showing up drunk to fly his F16. All swept under the rug.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Have to wonder if the Russian sanctions landed him on the radar. That said, searching his username produces his LinkedIn page so…..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Army LTC charged with smuggling firearms parts

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A U.S. Army lieutenant colonel was arrested Thursday on charges that he illegally imported firearms parts from foreign countries including Russia and dealt weapons without a license, federal prosecutors said.

Frank Ross Talbert, 40, has been indicted on 21 charges including importing defense articles without a license, smuggling firearms parts into the U.S., firearms trafficking, possession of unregistered machine guns, transporting a machine gun without a license and dealing in firearms without a license, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Tennessee said in a news release.

Talbert pleaded not guilty during a Thursday hearing in federal court in Nashville, records showed. He was released from custody on certain conditions, including that he submit to supervision by a court officer, surrender his passport and restrict his travel only to Tennessee and Fort Campbell, Kentucky, records showed.

Talbert, a lieutenant colonel with the Army’s Explosives Ordinance Disposal at Fort Campbell, was arrested after federal law enforcement agents executed multiple search warrants during their investigation, prosecutors said.

The indictment said Talbert illegally imported parts for AK-style firearms without the proper license and authorization, in violation of the Arms Export Control Act. The parts include pistol grips, hand guards, buttstocks, sights, gas tubes and muzzle devices, the indictment said.

Talbert was also accused of illegally importing 55 inert rifle grenades, illegally possessing AK-47 machine guns, and illegally selling a partially destroyed AK-47 kit, which prosecutors said was transported from Tennessee to Kentucky.

The imported parts came from Russia, Germany, Poland and the Czech Republic, the indictment said. If convicted, Talbert faces a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.

Fort Campbell is a sprawling base that straddles the Kentucky-Tennessee line, about 60 miles northwest of Nashville.

Screen name?

frtalbert on AKFiles and a few other sites
https://www.akfiles.com/forums/members/frtalbert.179226/

If you are a hardcore AK collector you may have crossed paths with him or known others that did.

Also ATF is gay... most of this shit is stuff you can buy online or in a gun store or military surplus store without a background check to begin with.

Have to wonder if the Russian sanctions landed him on the radar. That said, searching his username produces his LinkedIn page so…..

Gonna go with this. Lots of guys, me included bought AK furniture from Russia long before the sanctions. Guessing, that's a no no now.

Edit: Per the AK files thread, looks like he was dealing with a bunch of AK stuff. Parts kits, and all that. Looks like he got Larry Vicker'd. So it wasn't just a rando buying a handful of rare stuff.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:18:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He does not have any connections to LAV. He had his own sources/network independently.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

But if they're scouring the import records, they'll get people involved in similar businesses.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:20:41 AM EDT
[#13]
How many ghetto goblins have been charged with unregistered MG for the wish.com switches they have?

The law only applies to people they can safely enforce it on...
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:58:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Its a way to clear the armed forces of people that are not woke.  They have been working hard to make them more and more woke and less and less effective.  They will fill his billet with a tranny.
View Quote

I know him and the guy they filled his billet with.

Nothing you said is remotely true.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#15]
There's an unspoken mantra in the military, or so I hear.

Having questionable items is one thing, selling them is quite another.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There's an unspoken mantra in the military, or so I hear.

Having questionable items is one thing, selling them is quite another.
View Quote

having lived near and been stationed at Ft Bragg -- yes the stories are pretty crazy

and the military surplus stores are well-stocked.  most is fairly benign like uniform / apparel items

but every now and then you see and hear about some stuff.   Bragg-area gun shows too over the years.

(i refuse to use the new name)  

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:17:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He's EOD, so his TS got yanked no question. Wonder where they will park him until this is done?

Hope the 2a groups help him out. They are swinging on a bunch of other regulatory, be neat if this was the actual weak link. Surely this guy has money to fight?
View Quote

Sounds like this guys ATF violations were basically importing parts kits, which nobody here is going to give a shit about, but if he used his military position to run this business he’s probably fucked there.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top