Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:04:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like they're planning a grandfather clause, but without the ability to sell or bequeath to anyone. Is that even legal? What, are your kids just supposed to turn everything in for shredding after you die?

Shit, if that's what's going down the panic is going to get real this time.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:05:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
*laughs in bump stock ban*
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want her to live long enough to see the Trump-packed scotus fuck gun control raw.
That’s got fuck all to do with judges.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:05:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Copied and pasted from the Assault Weapons bans she proposed in 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, ...

A case study for why term limits are needed, we end up with zombie senators proposing the same bill out of the trash year after year
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:05:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Washington—Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) and Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) today led a group of senators in introducing the Assault Weapons Ban of 2019, an updated bill to ban the sale, transfer, manufacture and importation of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines.

In addition to Feinstein, Murphy and Blumenthal, cosponsors of the bill include Senators Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.), Jack Reed (D-R.I.), Tom Carper (D-Del.), Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), Ben Cardin (D-Md.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Ed Markey (D-Mass.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Bob Casey (D-Pa.), Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Tina Smith (D-Minn.), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.), Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) and Mark Warner (D-Va.).

Key provisions:

Bans the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons by name. Owners may keep existing weapons.

Bans any assault weapon that accepts a detachable ammunition magazine and has one or more military characteristics including a pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock. Owners may keep existing weapons.

Bans magazines and other ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, which allow shooters to quickly fire many rounds without needing to reload. Owners may keep existing magazines.

Exemptions to bill:

The bill exempts by name more than 2,200 guns for hunting, household defense or recreational purposes.

The bill includes a grandfather clause that exempts all weapons lawfully possessed at the date of enactment.

Other provisions:

Requires a background check on any future sale, trade or gifting of an assault weapon covered by the bill.

Requires that grandfathered assault weapons are stored using a secure gun storage or safety device like a trigger lock.

Prohibits the transfer of high-capacity ammunition magazines.

Bans bump-fire stocks and other devices that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire at fully automatic rates.

Updates to Assault Weapons Ban of 2017:

Bans stocks that are “otherwise foldable or adjustable in a manner that operates to reduce the length, size, or any other dimension, or otherwise enhances the concealability of a firearm.”

Bans assault pistols that weigh 50 or more ounces when unloaded, a policy included in the original 1994 ban.

Bans assault pistol stabilizing braces that transform assault pistols into assault rifles by allowing the shooter to shoulder the weapon and fire more accurately.

Bans Thordsen-type grips and stocks that are designed to evade a ban on assault weapons.

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?id=EFC76859-879D-4038-97DD-C577212ED17B
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:05:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I hope the bag of dicks she gets to eat is real sour.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:07:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well of it's by name can't I just change the name?
View Quote
Sure. They can be gender fluid.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:07:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When is she expiring? Gonna open a nice bottle of bourbon that day
View Quote
Keep another nice bottle for the day Ginsburg croaks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:07:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice quote... from two DECADES ago... Nice try, NeverTrumper
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:09:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
In 20 years he did what? Added bump stock ban to his list of things he supports?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:10:32 AM EDT
[#10]
"Bans assault pistol stabilizing braces that transform assault pistols into assault rifles by allowing the shooter to shoulder the weapon and fire more accurately."
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:11:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Democrats Turn Attention to 30-Round Magazines, Ghost Guns In 2019

Following gun control success on the November ballot, state Democrats are eyeing further regulation.

Following the November ballot that saw Washington state voters approve a sweeping gun control initiative, Democrats will be pushing for further regulation during the upcoming legislative session.

Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson has released his legislative requests for the 2019 session, which include three provisions on gun regulation. These included restrictions on magazine size, banning the sale of assault-style weapons, and prohibiting untraceable guns and guns that cannot be detected by a metal detector. Democrats have already pre-filed bills in both the House and the Senate to address magazine size and untraceable guns.

Similar bills in Legislature are proposing to ban the sale of high-capacity magazines, which can hold more than 10 rounds. Standard magazines for rifles like the AR-15 or AK-47 often hold 30 rounds, while novelty magazines can hold up to 100 rounds. If the bills are passed, owners of high-capacity magazines will have their existing ones grandfathered in and will be allowed to keep them as long as they are locked up.

Bills in both chambers have also been filed by Democrats to ban untraceable guns, commonly known as “ghost guns.” These are firearms assembled from untraceable parts, often bought online, or by parts created with a 3D printer. Firearms would also be required to contain enough metal to register on a metal detector. The House bill defines an undetectable firearm as one that is made of polymer plastic and does not contain at least 3.7 ounces of steel or steel alloy.

This was supported by 45th District Sen. Manka Dhigra (D), who said it is designed to keep people from printing guns with blueprints available online.

“I think a lot of the problem is we actually don’t know how many people, and who all received the blueprint on how to print them,” she said.

Dhingra is also hoping to introduce a new bill dealing with domestic violence. It would give law enforcement the ability to remove weapons and ammunition during a domestic violence call that results in an arrest. She is also planning on re-introducing another bill she sponsored last year would ban people with a history of violence and a mental health diagnosis from buying a gun. She’s hoping to file them by Dec. 14 at the latest.

No bills had been submitted as of Jan. 4 dealing with an assault-style weapons ban supported by the attorney general. Ferguson has been requesting a sales ban on assault-style weapons since at least 2017. The ban would bar the sale of weapons that use a telescoping stock, pistol grip, foregrip, high-capacity magazines, or muzzle attachments like a flash suppressor.

“Assault weapons are semi-automatic rifles with at least one military-style feature making the weapons easier to fire more accurately and rapidly than a typical hunting rifle,” his request read.

The 2019 state Legislature session begins Jan. 14 and runs through April 28. Both Senate measures were supported by Dhingra, who made gun restrictions a main point of her campaign. In the House, Democratic Reps. Javier Valdez and Tina Orwall, of the 46th and 33rd districts, respectively, sponsored both bills along with other representatives.

More
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:12:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Bans bump-fire stocks and other devices that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire at fully automatic rates.
View Quote
Well Jerry Miculek's finger is now officially a machinegun. I wonder if they'll reopen the registry just for him, or if he'll have to surrender it to the nearest ATF field office.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:12:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would like one night with her.  I would fuck the crazy out of her to the point she would beg me to take her to range day and treat her to a toe curl afterwards.  Yup... she just needs laid.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:13:17 AM EDT
[#14]
one good thing about democrats in control of one house,  the republicans fight like hell.

when republicans are in control, they fuck us.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:13:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Something something she was the better of the two choices to vote for in California because the other is more extreme.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:13:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sounds like they're planning a grandfather clause, but without the ability to sell or bequeath to anyone. Is that even legal? What, are your kids just supposed to turn everything in for shredding after you die?

View Quote
Trusts... This is the answer.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:13:46 AM EDT
[#17]
You can't say that she isn't one persistent crazy-ass pain in the butt.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:13:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Damn
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:15:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want her to live long enough to see the Trump-packed scotus fuck gun control raw.
I guess we'll see if they start taking those cases.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:15:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I would like one night with her.  I would fuck the crazy out of her to the point she would beg me to take her to range day and treat her to a toe curl afterwards.  Yup... she just needs laid.
View Quote
That’s taking one for the team... Thank you
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:16:10 AM EDT
[#21]
List of enemies to 2A, gun owners, and freedom:

NRA
FEINSTEIN
NRA again
TRUMP
DEMOCRATS
NRA again
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:16:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

FIFY
View Quote
California passed a law about that
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:17:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Trusts... This is the answer.
View Quote
Looks like it won't be a problem after all, if what was posted above is accurate. I'm not sure what they mean then by transfer. I guess they mean the transfer of new ones? Or undocumented transfer? Like no more face to face private sales of assault rifles?

Or maybe they just don't have a fucking clue what they're talking about and they're just flinging shit to see what sticks...
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:17:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Oh,man. RBG is on her last breath. It will be epic.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:23:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Can we get a bill on "Politician Control".
View Quote
Just what....  exactly...  will it take to stop these anti-2nd Amendment zealots before they finally find success in banning our guns?

Can't reason with them.  Can't change their minds.  Can't vote them out.  (They live in Dem strongholds who will always vote them in) Can't appeal to their love of the Constitution. (They have none)

I can only think of a couple things - Impeachment being the most obvious.  They take an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States.  That must come before any other loyalties.  Yet they don't.

Edit:  This is all just waxing philosophical...  I'm under no delusion that any of them will ever be impeached....  My point is that there is nothing to be done.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:25:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Oy Vey!
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:26:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
In 20 years he did what? Added bump stock ban to his list of things he supports?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget that Trump likes to "take guns first, due process second"
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:29:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
See current California law
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:33:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Looks like it won't be a problem after all, if what was posted above is accurate. I'm not sure what they mean then by transfer. I guess they mean the transfer of new ones? Or undocumented transfer? Like no more face to face private sales of assault rifles?

Or maybe they just don't have a fucking clue what they're talking about and they're just flinging shit to see what sticks...
View Quote
No, they have it worded like this on purpose.
Existing guns are grandfathered, so many say, "Hey I get to keep mine, so it's not that bad".
But, they can not be transferred and when the owner dies they must be turned in for destruction.
So in a relatively short amount of time, they are all removed.
Simple.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:39:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah, until we lose that in 2020.
View Quote
Obama had a 60 vote Senate and majority in the house fir 2 years. No AWB then. Feinstein filed it too. Every year.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:44:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Thank you for voting on petitions people
View Quote
THIS!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:48:05 AM EDT
[#32]
I cannot comply.

I will pop a bottle of champagne when she fucking dies.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:49:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I think it's just a Jurassic Park style decorative iron fence now.

https://i.imgur.com/Dl2MUWf.jpg
View Quote
Would you drop your nonsense already? You post this garbage every chance you get. The wall is being built, and has been under construction for months now. Completely new sections in many places where there was NO wall to begin with. It's all being built from prefab steel panels lifted in place by track-hoe. Concreted in place. There's drone footage of it under construction on Youtube.

OR, you know, just keep trying to make what you think are clever retorts online while accomplishing and contributing absolutely nothing to society except for your ridiculous opinions...
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:50:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:51:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No, they have it worded like this on purpose.
Existing guns are grandfathered, so many say, "Hey I get to keep mine, so it's not that bad".
But, they can not be transferred and when the owner dies they must be turned in for destruction.
So in a relatively short amount of time, they are all removed.
Simple.
View Quote
Yep
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:52:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Everyone laughs til it happens. There are many states that are still under an AWB.
View Quote
And more then a few that will have one in the next year or two.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:56:57 AM EDT
[#37]
There aren't many people who I pray will just stroke out.

But the sponsors and cosponsors of that bill comprise the majority of that list I have made.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:00:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I thought that old bitch was retiring
View Quote
Commies like her never retire, they have to die to leave office.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:02:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Bans Thordsen-type grips and stocks that are designed to evade a ban on assault weapons.

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?id=EFC76859-879D-4038-97DD-C577212ED17B
View Quote
Uh Oh!

@Aimless ain't gonna like that!
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:02:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:07:41 AM EDT
[#41]
She breaks her oath every day of defending the US Constitution.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:12:58 AM EDT
[#42]
I do not see this going anywhere this year however depending on the results next fall well.....

That is why I say if you have anything you need to finish building or collecting have it all now. I have been working on completing my collection but it's hard to stop knowing what the future could entail.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:15:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:16:48 AM EDT
[#44]
The only reason I would ever set foot in CA would be to piss on her grave.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:16:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Kavanaugh is going to be the Kennedy (he clerked for him) that keeps the next big Second Amendment case from being what Heller should have been but for Kennedy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would you think Trump would "fuck gun control raw" Cuz MAGA.....naw, he made it clear with the bump stock ban where he stands
You are aware of his SCOTUS pics, right?
You are aware that the SCOTUS has not been hearing 2A cases, right.
Kavanaugh is going to be the Kennedy (he clerked for him) that keeps the next big Second Amendment case from being what Heller should have been but for Kennedy.
Kavanaugh was a terrible mistake. None of the Magatards wanted to hear it. Just like the Bushriders didn't want to hear it about Roberts. Fucking disgusting.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:17:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:19:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Oh just post her buddy too!
Show why she’s creaming her depends.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:20:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Kavanaugh was a terrible mistake. None of the Magatards wanted to hear it. Just like the Bushriders didn't want to hear it about Roberts. Fucking disgusting.
View Quote
So the dems should have not fought it?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:20:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Well of it's by name can't I just change the name?
View Quote
By name, that is sure easy to avoid...  I'm going to just name my AR "Fred"...
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:21:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top