User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:27:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Unfortunately true.

The military is not immune to the "diversity hire" thing.

In fact, they may have invented it.
View Quote
Army is balls deep in diversity worship and has been for years.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:36:25 AM EDT
[#2]
There's a handful of times I don't want affirmative action on my mind.  One is when I'm flying, and the other is at the hospital.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:36:56 AM EDT
[#3]
The one on the left isn't "black" enough.

The lefties will turn on her in a little bit...
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:38:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:39:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Who Fucking Cares?

All I give a damn about is if they are GOOD pilots.

If being Black is their first goal then personally, I don't want to be on the plane.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:40:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Why is this news?
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:42:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Let's celebrate every dumb thing, how about everyone hold their pee for the flight and make it a historic event too
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:49:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Being the first black blah blah blah seems like an insult.

Like saying "Look what they can do, good black people. See what they can accomplish? "

I always thought it sounded a little childish.

"look what Billy drew, we are going to put it on the fridge"
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:52:29 AM EDT
[#9]
And let me guess...the drinks and pillows were being handed out to passengers by a gay Black male, just to hit all of the PC markers in the same flight. How coincidental.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:56:47 AM EDT
[#10]
It's gone from "We just want to be equal" to "Look how special we are!"
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:05:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No, I think you are smart.

Anybody who doesn't realize the old (mostly) white (mostly) guys who are pushing retirement have more experience than all the rookies combined.

Anyone with any sense would rather have the experience. Fact is rookies have to get hours somewhere, buckle up!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd still rather have the old guy who dodged SAM's in a B-52 over Haiphong driving my flight to Orlando.

I guess I'm just racist.
No, I think you are smart.

Anybody who doesn't realize the old (mostly) white (mostly) guys who are pushing retirement have more experience than all the rookies combined.

Anyone with any sense would rather have the experience. Fact is rookies have to get hours somewhere, buckle up!
As long as it’s not the old guy that flew rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong, I’m good.

As far as the OP. Meh. I was hoping for an all eskimo crew. Might as well burst that stereotype bubble while we’re playing PC roulette.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:07:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Self segregation continues. Next they will be offering black-only flight routes.

Sadly, this continues the tragedy of low expectations. Let's celebrate some meaningless achievement (an all-black crew) that is an obvious political stunt rather than just routinely rewarding excellence. I don't know jack shit about any of the people involved here but  I'd bet money that if you dug into their work histories you would question the circumstances that led them all to be assigned together.

And, yes, the one on the left is cute.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:11:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hate to burst their bubble....

Ethiopian airlines has been all Ethiopian for YEARS (recently from major route expansion they now hire foreigners for second seat only).

They did the all female crew thing last year a few years ago. They did it again last year. Rif

Google
View Quote
Ethiopians aren't African-Americans.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:11:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Isn't it funny that the party who claims "all-inclusivness" and swears to "not see color" is always pointing out the the differences and making a huge deal about these things?

The rest of us could care less and don't constantly need it pointed out to us. We hope that they are trained well, paid well for what they do and that they were hired because they were the best that they could be. If they love their profession, that's a huge win for them too. That has nothing to do with "gender" or "race".
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:11:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Image the attention this would have gotten if Obama was in office
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:12:34 AM EDT
[#16]
The first flight where earplugs were required not from engine noise but the volume of the crew.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:13:45 AM EDT
[#17]
The in flight movie must be fun.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:16:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:31:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:36:36 AM EDT
[#20]
I've flown with some ladies that were awesome pilots and I've flown with some that were incompetent to the point of being dangerous if left unsupervised. The difference was that, unlike the incompetent female pilot's male counterpart, the female never needed to worry about her job security or career progression.

I personally know one girl who's first job in aviation was at a regional airline flying CRJ-200s with a total of about 250 hours of flight time. She was too weak of an individual to be able to demonstrate pulling and replacing the over-wing emergency exits. So they fudged it and just said she accomplished it even though she obviously failed in front of the entire class of 30 pilots. Once she got through sims and onto the line she had to be sent back to the sims twice to be retrained on landings because she kept landing nose wheel first. Any other pilot that lacked a vagina at that time would've been fired.

Finally, with a total of about 3000 hours of flight time and a history of failures and retraining events, she got hired at a major airline 6 years before any of the more qualified males in her regional airline class that had clean histories and far more experience.

I've never failed a checkride once in my life. I haven't had any incidents, accidents, violations, or disciplinary actions against me. Yet I didn't get hired at a major until I had 13,000 hours.

I can only imagine the special treatment the two pilots in op's article have received over the years. Yes, I am awake.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:39:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

As long as it’s not the old guy that flew rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong, I’m good.

As far as the OP. Meh. I was hoping for an all eskimo crew. Might as well burst that stereotype bubble while we’re playing PC roulette.
View Quote
The guy flying rubber dogshit our of Hong Kong has a better job than they do usually
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:39:52 AM EDT
[#22]
I don’t care.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#23]
That flight will definitely not be on time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That one on the right, who I presume is the first officer?

Not guilty!

I'd hit it!

View Quote
Of those two, you pick the one on the right?

I'm glad you ain't flying my plane.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:49:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Women pilots? Taking bets on how soon they crash because they dropped their lipstick.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:51:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:53:14 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't care, as long as they can fly.I don't care what color or race you are,barring one,( I don't want to hear aloha snack bar coming from any pilot's seat).
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:54:46 AM EDT
[#28]
They'll probably be OK, as I don't think handling an airliner requires backing up. If it did, she'd tear the side out of it backing into a building or other plane.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:55:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Great job keeping skin color segregation alive! Continuing to recognize people based on skin color is a heavily used strategy/tactic used by black folk. Sad...

...also, stop hyphenating their nationality! I damn-near guarantee that these women are no more African than I am. Stop the self-separation from America!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:56:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What does them being (apparently) negro and having vaginas have to do with them being able to fly and land an airplane?

Just stop already.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I’ll take the one on the left two circle anytime she wants.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:57:13 AM EDT
[#32]
And the one on the left doesn't look like a black gal [shrugs]...
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:58:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Who really gives a shit what race you are, just be an American and stop with the labeling your self.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:03:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That one on the right, who I presume is the first officer?

Not guilty!

I'd hit it!

I like dark chocolate!
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:05:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What does them being (apparently) negro and having vaginas have to do with them being able to fly and land an airplane?

Just stop already.
View Quote
Would you want to be on that plane?
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:07:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'd rather fly with a Pilot judged on the content of their experience and training, rather than the color of their skin (or lack of a "y" chromosome)...

But I just have a "Dream" of arriving safely at my intended destination...
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:08:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:12:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'd rather fly with a Pilot judged on the content of their experience and training, rather than the color of their skin (or lack of a "y" chromosome)...

But I just have a "Dream" of arriving safely at my intended destination...
View Quote

This. ZFG about anything but their ability to take me up and back down in one piece.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Welcome to A-lak-sa Airlines.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:16:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Soon we will be celebrating the white male that managed to make it through the hiring process to become a pilot even though he is shackled by his white privilege.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:20:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There's a handful of times I don't want affirmative action on my mind.  One is when I'm flying, and the other is at the hospital.
View Quote
Another one is building bridges.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:25:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
ummm, because they can fly and land a plane despite all that?
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Soon we will be celebrating the white male that managed to make it through the hiring process to become a pilot even though he is shackled by his white privilege.
View Quote
Wrong, because they'll all be in shallow mass graves by then.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:53:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If I'm sitting on a plane and a couple of black lady pilots walked in, made the "Hello this is your pilot, Kesha Jones, today we'll be . . . ," I wouldn't give it a second thought.

However, if they gave a "diversity is our strength parade" like in this article, I'd be nervous about the flight, or maybe getting off the fucking plane.
View Quote
Just so.

Also, being white, I have no opinion from the race perspective, but as a woman speaking from the gender perspective, I find this kind of contrived, virtue-signaling stunt condesending and really annoying,
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:57:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This. ZFG about anything but their ability to take me up and back down in one piece.
View Quote
As it should be.

And they may be excellent pilots.

But experience tells me there is a significant likelihood that they have the minimum quals/experience, and deficiencies in proficiency may have been overlooked.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:01:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I guarantee they got hired in the place of more qualified applicants.
View Quote
I say it’s a fair bet.....
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:03:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Why is this news?  Who gives a shit?  That being said, I'd bang the one on the right.

Also, need pics of the flight attendants.  Alaska Airlines usually has some pretty hot ones.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No experience with the commercial side of things, but I'd place a large bet that you are correct.

A female/minority pilot is a rare life-form. I've met exactly 1 black lady pilot in a decade of flying AF airplanes.
View Quote
I did meet one female captain for Delta, back when I was doing a lot of travel DEN<--->DTW.  I banged the living hell out of her at the Sheraton by the Detroit Airport.  She was tall and an ex-volleyball player.

Ah, good times.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top