BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh, hell no.  I like to fly with pilots who are older men with gray hair.
View Quote
Bingo
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:12:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh no they dint.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I would like to go on record and stay ahead of the game by stating that gravity is racist.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#4]
My main thought is were they chosen because of their skill or because of their gender and color?

Not a job you want to sacrifice quality for diversity.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:19:08 AM EDT
[#5]
When can we stop celebrating these supposed milestones?

We're only going to end up in reverse the longer this "progress" is recognized. You were kings, slaves, and now you're equals in the workforce. Get over yourself so all of us can move forward as one.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:19:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Very important day in world history.
View Quote
Seriously or tongue in cheek?
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Didn't read thread, but in the pic the one on the left doesn't look like a purebred
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#9]
If I was on that flight, I would piss all over the floor in the bathroom then ask the women in the cockpit to clean it up (and make me a samwich) !
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Call me when the crew is black, female, lesbian, handicapped and vegan veterans.  'Til then, not historical enough.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:48:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I have been in the flying business for 36 years.  Nine in the Air Force and twenty seven at a major international carrier.  When it comes to female pilots both places in equal measure place more value on diversity than what is best for the mission.  My employer would replace every white male pilot with a black female if they could.  That was said to me by a friend in upper flight operations management.  It's just a statement of fact.  It actually pisses off most of the white female pilots I fly with.  They know they have to prove they are not EEOC hires and can do the job.  It allows our current CEO to tell all his CEO friends how much better he is.  Sadly most of the stories I can tell will never be told in a public forum.  When I retire I may be driving more than flying.  Even at my own carrier.  But I will say this.  Our worst pilots are better than any of the China Eastern or China Southern Pilots I have trained when I worked in the Training Department!
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:48:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
And let me guess...the drinks and pillows were being handed out to passengers by a gay Black male, just to hit all of the PC markers in the same flight. How coincidental.
View Quote
No, that would be too much stereotype for one flight.

If they're good pilots, I'd bet that I'll like them just fine. Get my happy ass to Portland intact and the fact that I'm in Portland is my own fault. If the best they can do is just get me to the scene of the crash, then I don't like them as much but melanin doesn't have anything to do with that either.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:54:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well.  I am just suprised thet there were 2 black people in Alaska.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Well.  I am just suprised thet there were 2 black people in Alaska.
Quoted:
Good for them. I’d let them fly me around anywhere, though I don’t want to travel to Alaska for them to do it.
ASA is headquartered in Seattle. The flight was between SFO and PDX, not even in Alaska.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 10:00:53 AM EDT
[#14]
"This is not the first time a US commercial flight had been commanded by an African-American female crew."
so whats so special about this, did everyone survive this time?
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
"This is not the first time a US commercial flight had been commanded by an African-American female crew."
so whats so special about this, did everyone survive this time?
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My main thought is were they chosen because of their skill or because of their gender and color?

Not a job you want to sacrifice quality for diversity.
View Quote
Lol.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#17]
After all thats more important than any actual qualifications...

Probably had to pass up a couple of thousand better qualified white males to achieve this historical milestone...not to mention money wasted...
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hate to burst their bubble....

Ethiopian airlines has been all Ethiopian for YEARS (recently from major route expansion they now hire foreigners for second seat only).

They did the all female crew thing last year a few years ago. They did it again last year. Rif

Google
View Quote
and in this particular situation makes perfect sense...after all Ethiopia

Waiting for Air Sweden's attempt...
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#19]
"Glad to see you've finally caught up to us 115 years later! Good thing you didn't have to invent this shit like we did but we don't mind if you stand on our shoulders. It's our privilege!"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I refuse to believe that in all the flights that have happened in all the world, there has never been an all-black female flight crew.

Virtue Signalling at it's finest!
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#21]
The passengers are thinking....

Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:32:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Didn't read thread, but in the pic the one on the left doesn't look like a purebred
View Quote
I’m guessing she errs on the side of the ‘one drop rule’ - as it’s currently advantageous.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Am I seeing a Def Leppard t-shirt showing thru.?

Dad stomping around Spain at 80 is interesting.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:35:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Am I seeing a Def Leppard t-shirt showing thru.?

Dad stomping around Spain at 80 is interesting.
View Quote
Can't you just feel the oppression?
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#25]
All the SyFy series have an inordinate number of black pilots and character.  Can't swing a dead cat without hitting a black Admiral, pilot or soldier.

Future predicting the present.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#26]
I always imagined the Wakandan Air Force flying crusty old TU-154’s or Mig-21’s-not 737’s...
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nope. Not at all.

She has to be mixed, half white and half black....like Zero. Probably only identifies as her black half....like Zero.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I’m guessing she errs on the side of the ‘one drop rule’ - as it’s currently advantageous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup. Just like Zero. Although Zero looks more black than her.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:02:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Can they fly? Do they know their checklists front and back? Can they handle themselves well in an emergency?

Yes? Good.

Nothing else fucking matters at all.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#30]
This shit right here is why we will never move past any of this.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:05:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This shit right here is why we will never move past any of this.
View Quote
Exactly.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Can they fly? Do they know their checklists front and back? Can they handle themselves well in an emergency?

Yes? Good.

Nothing else fucking matters at all.
View Quote
except in today's climate, there is a good chance they DO NOT know their checklists and CANNOT handle themselves well in an emergency, because Diversity and Inclusion are used as reasons to push substandard candidates through the training and employment pipeline.  I am not saying it applies to these two pilots, but I have seen it happen enough times in enough industries to be very wary.  THAT is the legacy of affirmative action: Everytime you have a minority in a position requiring qualification, you worry.  It sucks and it should NOT be that way because it is unjust to the individual.  But I refuse to feel guilty, because I am NOT the one who made it that way.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Very important day in world history.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I remember the day when being qualified was all that was required.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hate to burst their bubble....

Ethiopian airlines has been all Ethiopian for YEARS (recently from major route expansion they now hire foreigners for second seat only).

They did the all female crew thing last year a few years ago. They did it again last year. Rif

Google
View Quote
But they're just African.  Not African American
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Not only is it racist it is also sexist.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah, but I would bang em both.......tag me in coach!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I’d still rather have the old guy who dodged SAM’s in a B-52 over Haiphong driving my flight to Orlando.

I guess I’m just racist.
View Quote
He's probably long gone from flying.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#39]
When you get a blonde and brunette...both single and wanting to pleasure me....let me know.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Yawn,  United did this year's ago.  200 hour wonders who used gender and race to get hired.  White, male, and experienced don't bother.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’d still rather have the old guy who dodged SAM’s in a B-52 over Haiphong driving my flight to Orlando.

I guess I’m just racist.
Those old guys are 65+ now.  I think the FAA has mandatory retirement age for commercial pilots?
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 1:43:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
"Glad to see you've finally caught up to us 115 years later! Good thing you didn't have to invent this shit like we did but we don't mind if you stand on our shoulders. It's our privilege!"

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/261993/article-2327286-0B2A9DF4000005DC-817_634x406-551032.JPG
View Quote
Do you feel like you are a special snowflake since you were born male? Because I’m pretty damn sure you had absolutely nothing to do with the Wright Bros invention.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 7:27:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Do you feel like you are a special snowflake since you were born male? Because I’m pretty damn sure you had absolutely nothing to do with the Wright Bros invention.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/261993/article-2327286-0B2A9DF4000005DC-817_634x406-551032.JPG
Do you understand how quotation marks work? They're used to connotate a quote. In this example it's obviously employed in a humerus attempt to pretend the Wright Brothers themselves said those lines while viewing this situation from the past. Their past. Fuck it. Nevermind. Sorry you got triggered. Sorry you don't understand humor. But most of all, sorry your girl lost.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Do you understand how quotation marks work? They're used to connotate a quote. In this example it's obviously employed in a humerus attempt to pretend the Wright Brothers themselves said those lines while viewing this situation from the past. Their past. Fuck it. Nevermind. Sorry you got triggered. Sorry you don't understand humor. But most of all, sorry your girl lost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t think your strong arm tactics in this post weren’t recognized for what they were.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:10:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Don’t think your strong arm tactics in this post weren’t recognized for what they were.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strong arm? OK then.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#46]
I'll have a coke.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'd rather fly with a Pilot judged on the content of their experience and training, rather than the color of their skin (or lack of a "y" chromosome)...

But I just have a "Dream" of arriving safely at my intended destination...
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
my girl lost? so because I apparently pissed in your cereal, that means I voted for hillary?  

damn, there are some simple people around here.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Strong arm? OK then.
View Quote
right over the top of your head. you ever take an IQ test?
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 11:04:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
my girl lost? so because I apparently pissed in your cereal, that means I voted for hillary?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll forgive your apparent lack of understanding of GD specific humor to what I'll presume is a little amount of time spent on it. You see, there's been a theme building for months now that when one disagrees with someone else in GD, over even the slightest of subjects, you then insinuate that the other is a Hillary supporter.

"I can now prove for a fact that 45 is better than 9mm."
"Sorry your girl lost."

"Chocolate is clearly better than vanilla."
"Sorry your girl lost."

You see, it's a reoccurring comedic theme on this site. Sometimes it's used seriously (as when a top_bullet is posting). Usually it's used as an ad-adsurdum remark, as in, it's intended to be ridiculous. And just to be clear, the above quotation marks, again, are used to expressly connotate a fictitious conversation. Those are not my actual beliefs. It's clear to me that you're just not cut out to grasp my childish since of humor.

But thanks for pointing out the joke I missed regarding my misspelling. That was damn fine work PlaneJane.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top