Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Letting him off way too easy.

My suggestion has always been transport the shit stain in a boat to a suitable location off shore then anchor and chum for sharks all while the shit stain is made to watch. Then, at the height of the feeding frenzy, toss the shit stain in and sail away.
View Quote

Eyes on the prize - let's just get the job done.  If it makes someone feel better the next day how it was done, and hes still gone - fair trade.  and we can get the next one tee'd up that needs to go away - there we go.

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:07:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I think we can most likely agree that suicide is almost always* a tragic end and a foolish overreaction to a problem that could be probably overcome. With that said thousands and thousands of people around the world do choose to end their lives and the means or instruments chosen are often unimaginably painful or gratuitously destructive.

I can’t begin to appreciate the pain that people experience when a loved one commits suicide but I have to imagine that the survivors’ grief is intensified knowing that the decedent died horribly. I’m not a believer in open caskets and the viewing process but since almost every burial is preceded by a wake ceremony of one fashion or another I have to assume that many survivors are comforted by being able to see their loved ones one last time. I don’t understand how or why viewing someone’s dead body helps but apparently it does. Needless to say many of the common means of suicide do not leave remains that can be viewed by loved ones.

I can’t recall ever hearing or reading of someone killing themself with nitrogen. If it’s as easily available and as painless as many here claim, why isn’t it frequently used whether to minimize personal suffering or to lessen, even if only infinitesimally, the suffering of friends and family?

*I’m not dying of a horribly painful fatal illness, or living a horribly painful life or wasting away totally paralyzed with no hope of improvement, thank goodness. I don’t believe that I or anyone else has the right to deny a competent adult of the right to end his suffering and misery.
View Quote

client of mine that I had for years...came to my office on a Friday at 3pm...talked to me about his money, wanted to make sure it was all squared away.

4pm...shot him self with a 7mm rem mag in the head in his shed after he left my office.

His wife said it was terrible to see what she saw
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:12:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:18:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Bring "Yellow Mama" out of retirement.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:20:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think we can most likely agree that suicide is almost always* a tragic end and a foolish overreaction to a problem that could be probably overcome. With that said thousands and thousands of people around the world do choose to end their lives and the means or instruments chosen are often unimaginably painful or gratuitously destructive.

I can’t begin to appreciate the pain that people experience when a loved one commits suicide but I have to imagine that the survivors’ grief is intensified knowing that the decedent died horribly. I’m not a believer in open caskets and the viewing process but since almost every burial is preceded by a wake ceremony of one fashion or another I have to assume that many survivors are comforted by being able to see their loved ones one last time. I don’t understand how or why viewing someone’s dead body helps but apparently it does. Needless to say many of the common means of suicide do not leave remains that can be viewed by loved ones.

I can’t recall ever hearing or reading of someone killing themself with nitrogen. If it’s as easily available and as painless as many here claim, why isn’t it frequently used whether to minimize personal suffering or to lessen, even if only infinitesimally, the suffering of friends and family?

*I’m not dying of a horribly painful fatal illness, or living a horribly painful life or wasting away totally paralyzed with no hope of improvement, thank goodness. I don’t believe that I or anyone else has the right to deny a competent adult of the right to end his suffering and misery.
View Quote

Exit international helium or nitrogen
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:21:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:26:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't understand why cheap rope or a cheap bullet, wouldn't suffice.  I guess I'm a complicated man.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:36:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's a toxic reactive chemical.  N2 is piss cheap and you just vent when done into thev78% N2 atmosphere.

I suppose you could try to repurpose the N2 even, like to do ballons, but that seems a bit dark.
View Quote
Business opportunity there...
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:03:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Seen it work on pigs - they eat food until they just pass out from nitrogen saturation and expire.  Quick and painless, perhaps too much so.  I like firing squads better.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:10:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sulfur Hexaflouride

But it would work the same way.

ETA:  Even helium will do it if you aren't careful.
View Quote

Hemlock Society even recommended party-sized helium tanks and a plastic bag.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:38:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bullet to the head or guillotine him.
View Quote

Our electric chair was called "Yellow Mama".

Don't leave her out out of the options.

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 2:33:48 AM EDT
[#12]
It's not that complicated.

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:46:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes, and it would be a much more noble way to go.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty sure argon would do the same thing.

Yes, and it would be a much more noble way to go.

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 5:19:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

iirc he has severe diabetes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Couldn't" start an IV line to administer the chemicals that would put him to sleep?

Or "wouldn" start an IV line to administer the chemicals that would put him to sleep (permanently)?

At what point did the decision to stop poking veins got made?  At least 3 veins from the wrist to the elbow joint, but they couldn't hit a single one?

"Cruel and Unusual Punishment" being poked too many times for an IV now?  Gee I should sue the VA for the multiple times they stuck the shit out of my arm.

iirc he has severe diabetes.

Well just quadruple his insulin one night
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top