Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:38:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yea, a "BIGLY TOPIC" for those who won't do a little bit of their own research to stay up to date with the topic they pretend to know. Name calling is more fun I suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGUeloSsUvc

The whole trigger system was revamped early this year.

View Quote

Interesting video.   In a perfect world that change would mean some sort of re-certification of reliability that was part of the original decision for the military to select it.  

Would be curious what if anything was done.

I know even a one line software change means re-testing everything if the software failing could create a hazardous or life threatening condition.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:42:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, might reconsider using mine and I like my compact p320.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:46:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:58:29 AM EDT
[#4]
1. He says it's an X5 9mm.
2. He says his Benchmade stopped the 9mm round.
3. He says it's a 2019 X5 P320 in 10.

The conclusion is he's probably a fag since he carries Benchmade and definitely full of shit.

Keep your booger hook off of the bang switch next time.

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:10:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
2. He says his Benchmade stopped the 9mm round.
View Quote

Well, that settles it! Fucking Benchmade still fucking with guns...that knife deserved to get shot, good on Sig.

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:10:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Supposedly 365s will fire as the slide closes
View Quote

Now there’s some rock solid information. Thanks a bunch for posting that.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:18:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So Sig p320’s are the pitbull of the gun world?
Its not if, but when?
(Even if they were raised right)
View Quote

There are no bad P320's.   Only bad P320 owners.

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:25:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well, that settles it! Fucking Benchmade still fucking with guns...that knife deserved to get shot, good on Sig.

View Quote

He's lucky the Benchmade didn't saw that P320 in half for him.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:34:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Out of all the handwringing, pearl clutching posts from the anti-P320 bois this one has the most legs, and even still I want more info.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:44:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I will believe it when a P320 fires on it's own, in a holster of one of those hot chicks at a match that is wearing a tight cut off top.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:46:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Sig made an "upgrade" to the trigger so that the P320 can't fire on it's own. The only reason that they have a new ledge on the sear that will stop the firing pin from going home if the trigger isn't pulled is...that the firing pin can go home without the trigger being pulled.

The design should have always had some type of trigger safety.

I own two P320s and was thinking of adding an X-Ten. Zero percent chance that happens now.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The video in the OP is something the producer put together from pictures of an incident that happened 3 years ago.

As far as the Tiktok video, its pretty clear the firearm was in the user's hand and being holstered.
View Quote

So, hysterical rants to burn all Sigs are based on attention whoring fake sensationalist manufactured vidoes?

Typical reaction from GenZ, millennials who believe everything they see on Tiktok, BOOM, lol
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:58:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The video in the OP is something the producer put together from pictures of an incident that happened 3 years ago. Unfortunately I think the real issue with that pistol will never be known having to rely on his memory of what SIG told him. I don't see how a broken striker return spring would cause it to fire randomly several seconds after it was holstered. That spring retracts the striker after the gun has fired so once it cycles there is no load on it. The way it rides in the channel in the striker housing it wouldn't be possible for parts of a broken striker return spring to wander. The spring is pretty tiny. A slam fire doesn't jive with the gun being holstered and untouched as that would occur when the slide is going into battery.

As far as the Tiktok video, its pretty clear the firearm was in the user's hand and being holstered when it discharged. The question left in the air is why. Bad holster? Bad trigger control? Something in the holster like clothing? Who knows. Seen this happen enough with bad trigger control on Glocks and M&P's I'm not willing to call that evidence of anything because if it was a Glock or M&P no one would be blaming the gun for bad trigger control.

The only video of a Milwaukee PD P320 firing in the holster shows a sloppy detective with baggy clothing jammed all around the holstered firearm. Kind of hard to say definitively if it's a gun problem, holster problem, or user error. I will say this the P320's short, light trigger really does not tolerate being an inattentive dumbass.
View Quote
gotta get them clickbait videos.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#14]
If the internet was as big during glock leg, or beretta teeth, I wonder if glock would still exist and if the betetta 92 series would still exist.  

Bigfoot type legends really get some legs nowadays.

Someone should be able to duplicate this issue, if it is truly a design flaw.  You would think after 3-5 years someone would have proof positive, so it can be addressed.  Instead, we continue to get mysterious glock leg type lore - albeit packaged better and better - though still lacking actual solid facts/proof..  

I am not saying the issue does not exist, just that there seems to be too much mythical type hype around it.  Over 3-5 years, with as many 320s out there, if it was a true issue, someone could prove it on video, as a repeatable issue and show why.  There are plenty of pre upgrade/updated sigs to test…
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Patiently waiting for the small town SRO to weigh in with his SME dribble.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:08:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Apparently no one makes an aftermarket striker return spring. Guess we're stuck with the sig part.

Also how does the poster above know the incident is from three years ago. The video was posted three days ago. Maybe I missed it?
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:17:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think this is the first case of an actual documented part failure causing all of these soo far
View Quote
I'll bite. How does one guy's video with no witnesses, no video of the discharge and no letters or emails from Sig, and only a couple of pics qualify as "documented"?
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:22:32 AM EDT
[#18]
My m17 did an OOB cycling the next round.

Ammo was Hornady and was brand new ammo I trust.

Sig fixed it....I sold it..and got something else.

Attachment Attached File

It's a fucken piece of shit....

Never had an OOB experience even on my open bolt subguns with the same ammo and WWB.

Fuck Cohen and fuck off with the cock sucking happiness shrill fans of Sig.

If you guys would stop and wipe off the white foamy stuff on the sides of your mouth, you can wake up to reality that Sig 320 series is a piece of shit and nothing else.

I own mk25s, 220s, and various. 22 conversions for those pistola platforms and never had any issues.
The 320 m17..

Never again....

EVER.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Shirt is untucked by the holster in the screenshot of the video.
View Quote

Partially pulled up slightly from tucking in the pants but nowhere near going down the holster.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:29:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
He was shooting a Sig P320 X5 in 10mm manufactured in 2019.
I thought that they were introduced in May of 2022 as the X-Ten
View Quote

Video clear states at 1:18 9mm when he states the knife was strong enough to stop a 9mil.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:34:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Given that this is 3 years after the fact, smells like a guy hunting some sweet lawsuit money to me.

The drop safety thing was legit, and sig fixed it.  After reviewing how the 320 works, it's just not believable to me that they just "go off for no reason."
View Quote

Guy in the video stated he didn't want the gun back and moved on to another.    If this is 3 years after the fact then the time to file may be beyond the statute of limitations.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:34:24 AM EDT
[#22]
So let me ask the group this, what if your p320 has the manual safety?   Could this still happen with the safety not engaged?    I’m thinking with safety engaged there is no way in hell that happens
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#23]
People always post in these threads with such definitive confidence that 320’s just go off, just because some guy on the internet said it happened. All I’m saying is, if these posters have such confidence in their statements, where is the evidence? What is happening in the design that allows this to happen? Replicate the issue. Show me. If it’s real, I want to see the evidence so I can be better informed.

I don’t even have any 320’s anymore but some of the fanboyism in these threads is obnoxious.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My m17 did an OOB cycling the next round.

Ammo was Hornady and was brand new ammo I trust.

Sig fixed it....I sold it..and got something else.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/IMG_20220828_124433_591_jpg-2570738.JPG

It's a fucken piece of shit....

Never had an OOB experience even on my open bolt subguns with the same ammo and WWB.

Fuck Cohen and fuck off with the cock sucking happiness shrill fans of Sig.

If you guys would stop and wipe off the white foamy stuff on the sides of your mouth, you can wake up to reality that Sig 320 series is a piece of shit and nothing else.

I own mk25s, 220s, and various. 22 conversions for those pistola platforms and never had any issues.
The 320 m17..

Never again....

EVER.
View Quote

Well, there it is gif without the gif.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:39:57 AM EDT
[#25]
I’ve personally witnessed fatter guys with shirts blouses out get fabric stuck in their trigger guard.

Notice that guys extra fabric “blousing” over the holster top.

Notice when he said it went off. As he was raising his hands (the fabric pulling up).

Dude got a piece of his shirt caught on the trigger and pulled it when raising his hands.

I’ve seen this occur when the shirt was still stuck to the trigger when they pulled it out.

The. Exact. Same. Way.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:42:31 AM EDT
[#26]
It kind of seems odd that there's no documentation of Sig saying it was the firing pin return spring if the point of the whole video is to give proof that the gun just went off and Sig admitted it.

I do not and never have owned a 320.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Is the 365 afflicted by the same problems as 320?
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. The P365 uses a more conventional striker block than the P320 does/did. I've never seen any indication that the P365 has had any issue with discharging when the trigger wasn't actively being pulled.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Well fuck all this I'm out.  I've been carrying my P320C IWB appendix style and no way I'm doing that anymore.  I really like the gun and it's the first striker fired pistol I like the trigger on but it's not worth the risk.  I'm going back to my P30 or old USP9C.  I know for a fact they won't bite me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I really wanted one of these guns. Is there some reason they cant put a trigger safety on these. I'll never trust one until that's implemented.
View Quote

The P320-M17 model has a safety.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Have there been any instances of P365s doing the same thing? I don't know how closely the P365 FCU resembles the P320 FCU.

ETA: or if slide parts are closely related either for that matter.
View Quote
Literally thinking the same
thing
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:01:24 AM EDT
[#32]
The 365....

I am surrounded by about 5 friends who carry it and one PMC who carried it overseas.

No issues....

Still don't trust it because of the 320 taint.

I still trust my Mk25 though.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Interesting video.   In a perfect world that change would mean some sort of re-certification of reliability that was part of the original decision for the military to select it.  

Would be curious what if anything was done.

I know even a one line software change means re-testing everything if the software failing could create a hazardous or life threatening condition.
View Quote

The M17 and M18 incorporated those changes at the time of adoption. That video is five years old; Sig just re-uploaded it this year for some reason.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:09:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Will this effect the M17/18s?   IIRC the Army said that the FCG was different for the issued guns but is this also true for civilian bought M17/18s?
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'll bite. How does one guy's video with no witnesses, no video of the discharge and no letters or emails from Sig, and only a couple of pics qualify as "documented"?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think this is the first case of an actual documented part failure causing all of these soo far

It doesn’t.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#36]
I have a p320 full size and its a good shooter but for anything serious I always fall back to my glocks just out of habit.

I bought my 320 new earlier this year (march-ish?). no clue if it has "fixed" parts or whatever but its never done anything weird to make me not trust it. The trigger is better than my glocks even with polished 3.5# connectors.
Even with the better trigger on the 320 I still take a G34 for competitive shooting because I can get a better high grip on the G34.

I still don't understand how someone can say a pistol with a double action trigger can just "go off"
The trigger has to be pulled to put the firing pin under spring tension with enough force to hit the primer and ignite it. There isnt a hammer thats cocked and just waiting.
If the firing pin becomes free floating for some reason thats a different story.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#37]
But Sig just told me to buy one of these:

and I wanna!
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yea, a "BIGLY TOPIC" for those who won't do a little bit of their own research to stay up to date with the topic they pretend to know. Name calling is more fun I suppose.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGUeloSsUvc
The whole trigger system was revamped early this year.
View Quote

You do realize you're using a Sig video from the original upgrade project with an embedded 2017 timestamp to claim they reworked it all this year? It almost sounds like you're calling yourself out in your first sentence...
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:26:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So let me ask the group this, what if your p320 has the manual safety?   Could this still happen with the safety not engaged?    I’m thinking with safety engaged there is no way in hell that happens
View Quote

With the P320 your leg or the poor SOB’s head sitting in front of you is your safety, sir. Or more like your backstop.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Completely different
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:29:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Several people saw this coming.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My guess is this thread will die on page 2. Too many people will stick their head in the sands and ignore this.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#43]
I feel good about carrying my CZ75 now despite the fact that it’s a big chunk of steel.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
People always post in these threads with such definitive confidence that 320’s just go off, just because some guy on the internet said it happened. All I’m saying is, if these posters have such confidence in their statements, where is the evidence? What is happening in the design that allows this to happen? Replicate the issue. Show me. If it’s real, I want to see the evidence so I can be better informed. I don’t even have any 320’s anymore but some of the fanboyism in these threads is obnoxious.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:40:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:44:08 AM EDT
[#46]
LOL I said this POS was a POS from the beginning, its an unsafe POS made by a POS company.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I've personally witnessed fatter guys with shirts blouses out get fabric stuck in their trigger guard.

Notice that guys extra fabric "blousing" over the holster top.

Notice when he said it went off. As he was raising his hands (the fabric pulling up).

Dude got a piece of his shirt caught on the trigger and pulled it when raising his hands.

I've seen this occur when the shirt was still stuck to the trigger when they pulled it out.

The. Exact. Same. Way.
View Quote
Why did Sig say that it was a defective spring then?

Edit:  I see where someone pointed out that there is no proof shown that Sig said that. Valid point.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm not a big sig fan,  don't own any.  

However I do arm up with a M18 every day.    In fact thousands of military personnel do.   Even though the m18 has a manual safety,  we in the air force don't use it,  we arm with a round in the chamber and the safety off.   I have not heard of any incidents,  (which I would)  does the addition of the manual safety fix the issue even without its use?
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:47:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The 365....

I am surrounded by about 5 friends who carry it and one PMC who carried it overseas.

No issues....

Still don't trust it because of the 320 taint.

I still trust my Mk25 though.
View Quote

That is some first class twisted logic.   It's already been established that the 365 and 320 have NOTHING in common, as far as the fire control group design.   Yet....you are claiming the 365 is "tainted" because it's made by the same company that makes the 320.

Using that logic is like saying one gun owner who commits a crime taints ALL gun owners.
Page / 9
Top Top