Quoted:
The Finns made lots of good commies.
View Quote
good & dead..
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I was in Norway they liked to joke about how emotionless and pragmatic the Finns are. They are a tough and stoic lot for sure
View Quote

Fuck it.... this is now officially an Polandball thread.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:22:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Finns are true bad asses. They would take dead frozen Russians and plant them head first into the snow
with the rest of the body sticking straight up in the air along roads as a warning.

Savage.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nope. Should the Sovie... eh they invade again, we'd give em hell - again.
View Quote
SISU..
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Every time I see those numbers I cringe.

Where the hell did 400,000 Russians go missing?
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:23:16 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
It sure looks like they're the first (highest percentage) European country on that list.

Quoted:
When I was in Norway they liked to joke about how emotionless and pragmatic the Finns are. They are a tough and stoic lot for sure
" />
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And when the boxheads stopped being nice, the Finns also attacked them & drove them off Finnish soil, giving us the third of Finland's (WW2 period) wars - the Lapland War
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Nazis joined the Finns against the Soviets 15 months after the Winter War.

The Continuation War
And when the boxheads stopped being nice, the Finns also attacked them & drove them off Finnish soil, giving us the third of Finland's (WW2 period) wars - the Lapland War
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:25:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Getting tougher, but still doable. Everything requires a permit, but those can be had for e.g. sports, Army reservists and hunting provided that the applicant is not too fucked up in the head.

Edit: Oh and suppressors are available if you have a gun permit.
View Quote
Yeah, got a couple of ASE units.
Very solid designs. I also use a lot of Viht powder, Lapua brass & bullets....and have a growing collection of Suomi issue Mosins.

...and what's not to love about FishCock??
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah, got a couple of ASE units.
Very solid designs. I also use a lot of Viht powder, Lapua brass & bullets....and have a growing collection of Suomi issue Mosins.

...and what's not to love about FishCock??
View Quote
I own a M27, M28-30 (my favorite) and a M39 with which I compete in our C&R competitions.

FishCock is good indeed, but I'd recommend to not to try Mämmi...
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Nazis joined the Finns against the Soviets 15 months after the Winter War.

The Continuation War
And they fought their former German allies while at the same time they were demobilizing their army at the same time in accordance with Soviet treaty requirements.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:35:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Varusteleka.com is the only military surplus/outdoor gear store I know of that has an attached bar. When they moved to a new location they couldn't take the alcohol with them so they supposedly had a huge moving party where they sold drinks at near give-away prices if not gave drinks away for free.

That's my kind of store.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
https://img.memecdn.com/finland-ftw_o_360027.jpg

This is from a movie about the later Continuation War, 1941-1944, but screw it, close enough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpnnkodFiWw
View Quote
By those statistics looks like the Ruskies got their asses handed to them
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Varusteleka.com is the only military surplus/outdoor gear store I know of that has an attached bar. When they moved to a new location they couldn't take the alcohol with them so they supposedly had a huge moving party where they sold drinks at near give-away prices if not gave drinks away for free.

That's my kind of store.
View Quote
Those dudes have a really funny style for sure. I live just a couple of kilometers from their store and visit regularly. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It sure looks like they're the first (highest percentage) European country on that list.

[url]https://i.imgur.com/VRQ0KBd.jpg">https://i.imgur.com/VRQ0KBd.jpg">[url]https://i.imgur.com/VRQ0KBd.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
[url]https://i.imgur.com/VRQ0KBd.jpg">https://i.imgur.com/VRQ0KBd.jpg">[url]https://i.imgur.com/VRQ0KBd.jpg
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I own a M27, M28-30 (my favorite) and a M39 with which I compete in our C&R competitions.

FishCock is good indeed, but I'd recommend to not to try Mämmi...
View Quote
So far I've got, in rough order of getting them;
VKT M91 (smoothbored), M91 with 'B' barrel, M91 Imperial Eagle pre-WW1 dated, M27 Tikka....
Have set aside an M24, an M39, an M91 AZF with muzzle device, plus have the chance of an M91 in 8mm Mauser.
Almost got an M28/30, but it wasn't "speaking" to me....

Have a lead on a .22 trainer but need to sort it out before Brexit as it's still in Finland. The rest of the above are in England....
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So far I've got, in rough order of getting them;
VKT M91 (smoothbored), M91 with 'B' barrel, M91 Imperial Eagle pre-WW1 dated, M27 Tikka....
Have set aside an M24, an M39, an M91 AZF with muzzle device, plus have the chance of an M91 in 8mm Mauser.
Almost got an M28/30, but it wasn't "speaking" to me....

Have a lead on a .22 trainer but need to sort it out before Brexit as it's still in Finland. The rest of the above are in England....
View Quote
The M28-30 is by far the best version of the Finn variants (best trigger, shimmed action, aluminum barrel bedding/floating block). Good luck with getting the trainer. I believe those are not that common, at least I have never seen one live. Are you perhaps dealing with people from pkymasehist.fi -forum (really amazingly knowledgeable bunch of gun and war history nerds)?
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The Finns made lots of good commies.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
79 years ago, but not forgotten.

Taking my new Tikka M27 to the military ranges shoot tomorrow to commemorate Finland's reluctant entry into a world war.

ETA

Reindeer pulling ahkio (sleds) of equipment alongside Finnish ski troops...
https://i0.wp.com/ww2-weapons.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/finn-inf-skier-rentiere.jpg?ssl=1

Suggested reading:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Jb9CEXSsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
View Quote
Used Sami and their reindeer to help.
Will have to ask if any of the Sami relatives fought then.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's more than likely they did, as everyone did, including minorities.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Been trying to find correct Sami boots.

I also prefer the Sami type of knife to the more common puukko: got a new one, plus a nice wartime dated one with a homemade reindeer hide scabbard.

Just saw a news report today that next year there will be a Sami farm opening where people can go to learn the skills needed to farm reindeer. Would like to go if only to see it in operation.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Finns are true bad asses. They would take dead frozen Russians and plant them head first into the snow
with the rest of the body sticking straight up in the air along roads as a warning.

Savage.
http://i.imgur.com/9nv5m45.png
Well, there it is.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Sami were and still are considered 2nd,3rd class citizens.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Patton had the right idea.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Been trying to find correct Sami boots.

I also prefer the Sami type of knife to the more common puukko: got a new one, plus a nice wartime dated one with a homemade reindeer hide scabbard.

Just saw a news report today that next year there will be a Sami farm opening where people can go to learn the skills needed to farm reindeer. Would like to go if only to see it in operation.
View Quote
We had some relatives come over to film about the Sami coming to Alaska.
Was interesting looking at their photos.

A few people here still have some of the tools the Sami used.

Shame that the herders are having to kill their herds.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
https://img.memecdn.com/finland-ftw_o_360027.jpg

This is from a movie about the later Continuation War, 1941-1944, but screw it, close enough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpnnkodFiWw
View Quote
You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia Finland" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:16:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Attachment Attached File

Finland ‘members the soomepoisid.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:19:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The M28-30 is by far the best version of the Finn variants (best trigger, shimmed action, aluminum barrel bedding/floating block). Good luck with getting the trainer. I believe those are not that common, at least I have never seen one live. Are you perhaps dealing with people from pkymasehist.fi -forum (really amazingly knowledgeable bunch of gun and war history nerds)?
View Quote
I've got a lot of the Finnish reference books, but I'd not heard of that site/forum. Will check it out....thanks.
May be useful finding metal fittings & buckles, plus I'm trying to find a good ahkio & an older issue bicycle...plus correct inert grenades, vodka crates, field radio sets, tents, etc.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#31]
My Finnish Mosin still has pine needles caked between barrel and stock. I don’t know or care why they are there but they will remain just in case it was important,somehow

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
It was also the only war Finland actually won: against their retreating former allies at the behest of their new Soviet masters. lol
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It was also the only war Finland actually won: against their retreating former allies at the behest of their new Soviet masters. lol
View Quote
Lol indeed Herr_Professor... It is quite funny, that the herrenvolk was driven out of the country by an army of teenagers.

What I don't find funny at all, is that the retreating Germans burned down almost 100% of the buildings in Lapland, mined everything so that live mines can still be found today.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#34]
My grandfather and grandmother were Finnish. He was in that war and apparently was a sniper and he killed a LOT of Soviet troops.

He was always worried when they would make trips back home to visit family in Finland because he thought the Soviet secret police might grab him and take him away. He always avoided the Finland/Russian border for that reason.

My grandmother also told me there are a LOT of hidden weapons in Finland in preparation for another Russian invasion. How serviceable they are today....No idea.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Lol indeed Herr_Professor... It is quite funny, that the herrenvolk was driven out of the country by an army of teenagers.

What I don't find funny at all, is that the retreating Germans burned down almost 100% of the buildings in Lapland, mined everything so that live mines can still be found today.
View Quote
Wasn't every army at the time an army of "teenagers"?

The Germans were going to retreat anyway, otherwise the Soviets would have invaded the whole of Finland if that part of the deal wasn't upheld. They just weren't retreating fast enough. But yeah, Germans gonna German.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Mannerheim and his boys opened a can of whoop ass on the Soviets.

(With a little help from Uncle Adolf of course).

Link Posted: 12/1/2018 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Wasn't every army at the time an army of "teenagers"?

The Germans were going to retreat anyway, otherwise the Soviets would have invaded the whole of Finland if that part of the deal wasn't upheld. They just weren't retreating fast enough. But yeah, Germans gonna German.
View Quote
So much Russian butthurt.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 7:51:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Great series so far, their WW1 series "The Great War" was well made, too.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 7:51:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Mannerheim and his boys opened a can of whoop ass on the Soviets.

(With a little help from Uncle Adolf of course).

View Quote
Hitler abided by his nonaggression agreement with Stalin during the Winter War;he didn't aid Finland,he did things like stopping Italy from sending Finland arms. Remember what the Molotov Ribbentropp Pact was all about?
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#41]
When thinking of a badass, Larry always come to mind.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:36:53 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:34:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Every time I see those numbers I cringe.

Where the hell did 400,000 Russians go missing?
View Quote
If I remember some of them would’ve found their way to the bottom of a frozen lake after they camped on it and the fins bombed it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:46:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That's my kind of store.
View Quote
I am on their email list. They have the best product reviews
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:58:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:17:18 PM EDT
[#46]
During the Global Depression of the 30's, many Finn's went to Russia where there was supposedly work available. Taking there families with them, alot never returned home as the majority ended up dead and those who remained we're not allowed to come back home as they were suspect of turning into Communists themselves.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
During the Global Depression of the 30's, many Finn's went to Russia where there was supposedly work available. Taking there families with them, alot never returned home as the majority ended up dead and those who remained we're not allowed to come back home as they were suspect of turning into Communists themselves.
View Quote
Alot of Americans did that, too. Many (most?) of them wound up in gulags or just shot in the back of the head.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Thousands of photos from the Winter War -- WWII era.

Finnish Wartime Photo Archive
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:39:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Speaking of Finland.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS by STEVE´N´SEAGULLS (LIVE)
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:48:00 AM EDT
[#50]
You guys ever been to Finland?  Those people have a VERY DRY sense of humor.   GD would not go over well there.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top