Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/13/2019 1:17:52 PM EDT
Like the title says, I buggered my knee and need surgery.  Because of this I can’t do any of the 11B things the guys are doing so I’m stuck in the camp kitchen with 6 cooks and a couple of other broke or hot pisser infantry guys who are stuck washing dishes all day.

My first time in the kitchen, anything you have ever wanted to know?

Right now the cooks wanted to take a nap after breakfast so I since breakfast I have almost completed the entire days work while they slept, I was a pog in the USMC but this takes it to a whole new level! One week down, two weeks to go.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF?

First time?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Broke dick.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#3]
That is the worst
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:25:44 PM EDT
[#5]
in the field?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Broke dick.
View Quote
I’m fairly new to the army and said something like “I’ll be out back with all the other broke dicks...can we say that here?”

Things have changed a lot since I got out of the USMC in 08.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:26:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you drawn dicks on something yet?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
in the field?
View Quote
Yes.  Only upsides are there is cell service and I have a generator for the freezer I can charge my phone on.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Have you drawn dicks on something yet?
View Quote
Not yet but I did spy one, ill grab a pic when I hit the head in a bit.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:28:50 PM EDT
[#10]
How many women in your company or battalion?

Do they segregate them or is it like Starship Troopers?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not yet but I did spy one, ill grab a pic when I hit the head in a bit.
View Quote
Op is going to post a pic of his penis...
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That is the worst
View Quote
I’m old enough (mid 30s) and have a little rank so I don’t get messed with at all.  I went into this thinking it’s going to suck but I going to be the best GD KP they have ever had so I’m making more of a game out of it.  I asked another cook E5 if we needed to “settle this in the pit” this morning and he had no idea what I was talking about.  A week down and there are definitely some issues coming to the surface.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#13]
See kids, this is why you become a medic.  No KP duty.

(Or gaurd duty)
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Since you're a cook now can you make this cake?

Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Are you at YTC?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#16]
i had KP at 11b skool

the civilian chick "in charge" fired me because i apparently wasn't doing my job...how is that even possible

fine--i sat around the rest of the day
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Honest question: Why the switch to Army?  Yeah pog to infantry was a step up, but no reserve USMC grunt units near home?

Edit:  I got stuck under camp netting for a week at Death Valley because my LAV blew up.  While I didn’t need to work the kitchen, I can still empathize that shit feeling of not being able to do YOUR job in the field.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#18]
OP wins most cryptic, acronym-ridden title, at least for non-military Arfcommers.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm old enough (mid 30s) and have a little rank so I don't get messed with at all.  I went into this thinking it's going to suck but I going to be the best GD KP they have ever had so I'm making more of a game out of it.  I asked another cook E5 if we needed to "settle this in the pit" this morning and he had no idea what I was talking about.  A week down and there are definitely some issues coming to the surface.
View Quote
You're using ARFCOM references outside your basement? Seems creepy.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Come in E4 or 5?

We had an E5 lateral come in from USMC arty as an engineer. Most worthless 12B Ive ever met, but took care of joes.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:39:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm fairly new to the army and said something like "I'll be out back with all the other broke dicks...can we say that here?"

Things have changed a lot since I got out of the USMC in 08.
View Quote
You can still call people broke dicks, Army is just turning into a bunch of pussies.

Look at the bright side, you have hot chow and a tent to sleep in.

You could be at the 12 o clock behind the gun in the Patrol base on 50% security all night.

Now you get the prestigious "spoon" identifier on your MOS

11B2Spoon
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:39:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How many women in your company or battalion?

Do they segregate them or is it like Starship Troopers?
View Quote
Two in the cooks (shocker), one supply clerk in my company, not sure about the rest of the bat.

No coed showers...yet.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Are you at YTC?
View Quote
I am, you here too?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#24]
So do you rate a shower?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Honest question: Why the switch to Army?  Yeah pog to infantry was a step up, but no reserve USMC grunt units near home?

Edit:  I got stuck under camp netting for a week at Death Valley because my LAV blew up.  While I didn’t need to work the kitchen, I can still empathize that shit feeling of not being able to do YOUR job in the field.
View Quote
No grunt units even in states touching mine, although there is an ANGLICO unit I wasn’t aware of.  I was under the impression we would be doing more ‘cool guy’ stuff and this was my 1/3 life crisis.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#26]
At least you aren't P.L.O.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You're using ARFCOM references outside your basement? Seems creepy.
View Quote
No, the pit is where real men disregard rank and fight out a problem.  Regardless of who wins when it’s over it’s over.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm old enough (mid 30s) and have a little rank so I don't get messed with at all.  I went into this thinking it's going to suck but I going to be the best GD KP they have ever had so I'm making more of a game out of it.  I asked another cook E5 if we needed to "settle this in the pit" this morning and he had no idea what I was talking about.  A week down and there are definitely some issues coming to the surface.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is the worst
Not sure if everything has changed or nothing. I got out in '09 and wanted to take a cook to the pit too.  Total piece of shit.  Our other cook at the COP while shitbag wasn't there filled in as an 11C in TICs at the base. His cook buddies back at garrison probably dont believe his stories when he tells them he dropped more 60mm HE/WP than 99%+ of 11C NCOs.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Come in E4 or 5?

We had an E5 lateral come in from USMC arty as an engineer. Most worthless 12B Ive ever met, but took care of joes.
View Quote
I came in as an E5.  Im sure my command thinks I’m useless too but I also try my best to take care of my guys...which is why they are asleep too and I’m doing BS work.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#30]
I only had KP once, in basic.  It was the day I came down with pneumonia.  I sat on my ass all day.  

Then spent the next 5 days in the hospital.  Was an RCH away from being recycled.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I am, you here too?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you at YTC?
I am, you here too?
Coffee shack in the parking lot sucks ass, all their food is prepackaged, walk to to the Chevron on Sundays if you can't catch a grouse.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#32]
I did just trade the Chaplin’s Assistant 1/2 a bag of use for a dozen ice cream bars for my guys.  Ice is like gold out here...guess all the cooks shouldn’t have fallen asleep!
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I am, you here too?
View Quote
Nope, just thinking about how much I hated going over there for AT every year
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:01:06 PM EDT
[#34]
As an 11B stationed in Germany in 90-91, I seemed to have spent as much time with the cooks as I did with my squad. LOL

When Desert Shield kicked off, the Army decided to send the 3rd Armored Division brigade in Germany to Kuwait. Since they were undermanned, they pulled a lot of folks from my unit, 5-8 INF, 1st Bde, 8th ID(M). They took so many cooks that the Mess Sgt went to the Bn Cdr and said he was likely going to have to close the DFAC. That's when the Cdr got the idea to man the DFAC with Grunts. I had no idea, of course, when my squad leader seemingly nonchalantly asked if I knew how to cook. Being an ignorant PVT, I told him that I'd taken Home Ec in school and had worked at both McD's and Burger King. that's when he told me to report to the DFAC at 0500 the next morning. I spent two weeks working as a cook's assistant. They were even talking about OJT-ing us and giving us cook's MOS's after 90 days. Luckily, it lasted just two weeks and they decided to consolidate the two DFAC's on the kaserne, with Thanksgiving Dinner being the last meal we had to make. I did get to know the cooks pretty well, though, and they hooked me up from then on. They were also pretty hard core drinkers and hanging with them was tough on the liver.

Then, during REFORGER 91 (REturn of FORces to GERmany), I got stuck doing KP at the exercise CP for the duration. Two frigging weeks of washing dishes out of a metal trash can in water heated with an immersion heater. Fuck, that sucked hairy asshole.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Infantry huh, how many times have you inappropriately touched or commented on an other male Soldier?

I had a USMC lateral transfer truck driver that was a pretty stand up dude. He was originally assigned to our maintenance section until I stole him for our MP detachment. Took him everywhere with me in Iraq and eventually got him promoted to CPL and made him one of me team leaders. Hell of a guy, never complained about shit, took good care of Joe and always made sure our guns were up.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Not sure if everything has changed or nothing. I got out in '09 and wanted to take a cook to the pit too.  Total piece of shit.  Our other cook at the COP while shitbag wasn't there filled in as an 11C in TICs at the base. His cook buddies back at garrison probably dont believe his stories when he tells them he dropped more 60mm HE/WP than 99%+ of 11C NCOs.
View Quote
Those are the stories to tell the grandkids!  When I deployed I volunteered for everything I could and ending up running missions with an EOD unit.  Never hurts to ask if any of the cool kids need help.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Pretty sure the section will know who put the ice cream in the freezer.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Could be worse.

You could be detailed to the honey wagon.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
OP wins most cryptic, acronym-ridden title, at least for non-military Arfcommers.
View Quote
I've played a lot of Call of Duty, if you want I can take a crack at decoding it
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
1 in 100 have served currently.

In the 1960's it was 1 in 10 and even your Aunt Velma had a clue.

Sad.

Best food I ever had was TXNG FT Hood Annual TNG, they could take a main course and stretch it for three days until it became breakfast. And people fought over it.

NG/Reserves cooks know their stuff here in flyover land. Many have it as their day job, you don't get numbskulls, you are dealing with industry pro's often. AD? Contracts that stuff cuz they know they will screw it up. Case in point, worst meal in my latter years was the first one we got in the field at Dix during MOB training, 4" of sleet on the ground in an unheated classroom doing NBC training (FOR GTMO? AND THEY KNEW IT? WTF?) We got frozen chicken sandwiches - admin rations.

I kid you not. Frozen food for lunch and the building never saw 42 degrees that day. It takes about 45 minutes to thaw out under your armpit.

Tasty.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:17:40 PM EDT
[#41]
That sucks.

Find a way to get something good out to your company. Get in touch with your 1SG and have him come pickup some late night snacks or something like that to take to the company in the field. This really boosts morale after a few weeks in the field.

We used to have a supply sergeant who always found a way to deliver hot soup in mermite containers to wherever we were at in the field in the middle of cold nights. That man was a genius and a hero.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
If only the same medium used to post this allowed academic type queries...for all three acronyms used.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That sucks.

Find a way to get something good out to your company. Get in touch with your 1SG and have him come pickup some late night snacks or something like that to take to the company in the field. This really boosts morale after a few weeks in the field.

We used to have a supply sergeant who always found a way to deliver hot soup in mermite containers to wherever we were at in the field in the middle of cold nights. That man was a genius and a hero.
View Quote
My 1SGT isn’t too keen on me.  I don’t know if he doesn’t like Marines, cops, or just me in general.  He won’t be doing me any favors or facilitating any through me even for his own men.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL Never watched M*A*S*H ?

Or saved by the Bell ?

Major Slater :My C.O. just went A.W.O.L. with the G.I. from the P.X. I gotta go A.S.A.P. See you, A.C.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:40:30 PM EDT
[#46]
My cooks in the USAR in my field hospital are outstanding. On the other hand, the cooks in our FSC when I was a PL in Infantry BN were the worst I’ve ever seen. Just disgusting ass food both in garrison and the field.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My cooks in the USAR in my field hospital are outstanding. On the other hand, the cooks in our FSC when I was a PL in Infantry BN were the worst I’ve ever seen. Just disgusting ass food both in garrison and the field.
View Quote
I think we have more of your latter than the former. They seem content to just sit and watch me work because it took me about a day to figure out how to make the food (because I’m not completely retarded) and I almost have the math/portions figured out (too many blows to the head messing with my short term memory when it comes to numbers!).

They are still asleep.  Wonder if/when they will get up.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#48]
I did make a comment the other day like “well, you are cooks so you have probably killed more people than most infantrymen.”  I’m sure I’m not original but they didn’t seem to find it amusing.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Like the title says, I buggered my knee and need surgery.  Because of this I can’t do any of the 11B things the guys are doing so I’m stuck in the camp kitchen with 6 cooks and a couple of other broke or hot pisser infantry guys who are stuck washing dishes all day.

My first time in the kitchen, anything you have ever wanted to know?

Right now the cooks wanted to take a nap after breakfast so I since breakfast I have almost completed the entire days work while they slept, I was a pog in the USMC but this takes it to a whole new level! One week down, two weeks to go.
View Quote
have you considered reclassing 92G?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That sucks.

View Quote
My last supply sergeant was a miracle worker at getting hot food and monsters to retrans and cpn teams.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top