Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 11/4/2019 6:56:57 PM EDT

‘“Boomer” is the N-word of ageism. Being hip and flip does not make bigotry ok, nor is a derisive epithet acceptable because it is new.’
That is radio host Bob Lonsberry, described in his Twitter bio as an Army veteran and a churchgoing member of the National Rifle Association, taking offense to the use of the word “boomer.”

The classification has, indeed, been popping up more often lately, thanks to the emergence of the phrase “ok, boomer,” which has become a meme for dismissing out-of-touch arguments from the older generation.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/conservative-radio-host-compares-the-use-of-term-boomer-with-the-n-word-2019-11-04
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, boomer.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok boomer
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok boomer
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]
That first post thing
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Boomers are the biggest snowflakes...
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:01:47 PM EDT
[#7]
So how long before “OK, Boomer” will be edited out?
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Now the Boomers need Vagisil to go along with their Geritol...
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#9]
boomer, please
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#10]
It's actually a b-word.  Maybe it's time for someone to see a gerontologist.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#11]
surely booma is OK though?
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Lol Boomers had no problem dishing it out to the other generations but can't handle it being thrown back.

The epitome of snowflakeism.  Maybe they have just been projecting the whole time.....
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Lol came for the first three posts ??
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#14]
who cares, anyone using "boomer" as a pejorative is a failure trying to blame their pathetic existance on someone other than themselves. Its what happens when everyone gets a trophy. Hopefully mom won't kick the incels out of the basement.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
 Only if you're a boomer, dating a boomer or grew up eating Werther's Original and tuna noodle casserole on the wrong side of the nursing home.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
who cares, anyone using "boomer" as a pejorative is a failure trying to blame their pathetic existance on someone other than themselves. Its what happens when everyone gets a trophy. Hopefully mom won't kick the incels out of the basement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ok boomer
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#18]
So, is it time to be outraged?

I don’t care what anyone calls me.

TC
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ok boomer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok boomer
Im not a boomer. (your life is really your responsibility and I DGAF who you want to blame.)
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Jesus boomers, go kick that guy's ass for making youse look like a buncha babies
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Im not a boomer. (your life is really your responsibility and I DGAF who you want to blame.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok boomer
Ok, boomer.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#22]
The triggering potential of "ok boomer" is on the same level as the NPC meme. It's fairly hilarious how much offense boomers take to being... uh, boomered.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#23]
What's with all of these "conservatives" coming out and showing their real colors lately?
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:11:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#25]
That term should bring out the ban hammer!
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok boomer
You're acting like one. Hence: "Ok, boomer"
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#27]
*sips white monster*
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok boomer
maybe youre called a boomer bc you give impromptu speeches about your life while shaking your head at the kids-these-days
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Boomers are the biggest snowflakes...
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Something a boomer would say.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
maybe youre called a boomer bc you give impromptu speeches about your life while shaking your head at the kids-these-days
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok boomer
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Gotta be careful with the hard "R"
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Boomers made and distributed those trophies.

Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:22:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Yep.  The first, second, and third posts fit right in with their brethren.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok boomer
But what does that have to with mocking boomers?
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Need some aloe for that sick burn
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Bob is a “kangaroo” conservative.

Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Does all the GD hate for boomers include the 10 million Vietnam era veterans?
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#42]
I’d like to request to the mods to please change my screen name to “Boomer” if it doesn’t already exist.

How about it... is there a @Boomer here already?
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
We got one
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't know, does all the Millenial hate include the veterans of the Iraq conflict and all the others since?
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Boomer please.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#46]
IMO it's like the spoiled teen girl crying how her parents ruined her life by not getting her the new car she wanted...she wanted a new BMW and got a new Civic.

It comes from having too easy of a life given to them by the generation they choose to blame for all their own personal failures.

Imagine the 1930 depression generation blaming their parents...nope, no time for that when they were hungry with no shoes...then came WWII for them.

Hell these kids have no fucking clue who to blame (but not themselves of course). "It's daddies fault" but wait your generation chose not to marry (have a dad) or even be bothered to have kids...Hmmm. "It's daddies fault too we are becoming a minority" lol.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#47]
I can't wait to hear what Gen whatevercomesafter Z calls us Gen X fogeys.

I kind of want them to call us Gixxers so I can yell back at them how much I hate Suzuki.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#48]
I wish a boomer would
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Flashback to 1994 as some Boomer hands out trophies to the entire little league. Looking down at them with disdain he tells them "Here's your participation trophies you self entitled snowflakes. You Millennials make me sick." The group of 7 year olds look on in confusion, with no idea what exactly the old man is ranting about.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
boomer, please
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top