Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/1/2009 6:51:34 PM EDT
don't get me wrong, I support the second amendment in its pure form 100%.  I am pro-gun everything.  However, the luster has faded and the appeal is all but gone.  I see guns for the heavily marketed, cold, lifeless chunks or steel, aluminum, plastic and wood that they are, and no longer drool over them and daydream.  Maybe its the high prices or the dwindling places to shoot along with tighter range restrictions that have soured my grapes.

they just don't make me happy anymore.  I will keep a few essential pieces, but my days of obsession are rapidly declining, and I don't see this as a bad thing.  Life takes balance and that is something I have to keep track of better.  Anyone else toned back their gun nuttiness?  Or am I an arfcom heretic who shall be burned at the stake.  mmmmm steak....yum.....
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#1]
It fades then it comes back...

But a fine S&W revolver still gives me a woody...
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 31 guns. I still can walk around the gun shop drooling all day.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]
You might as well ask "Does anyone get tired of pie".

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Is  it guns you're tired of or is it shooting ?

Guns are tools.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#5]
uh...no.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Not really.  Of course, I only started collecting last year.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm tired of having so many different calibers as well as calibers that I don't shoot often (7.5 swiss, 8mm).

I'd love to have started over and just gotten AR/AK's and a few 9mm pistols, but I have about 15 different calibers now.  At the same time I wouldn't give up the guns I have now to consolidate calibers because I love each rifle the same and don't think I could (haven't yet) part with one.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I was debating today "hmm...do I need an AK74 now?  Centerfire has some Bulgy ones pretty damn cheap right now...."...and this is after the fact I have close to a dozen AKM variants.

No, guns don't tire me...not having enough money for everything I want tires me!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Nope... Has only grown.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#10]
are you fucking serious?

man up and go buy another one.

THEY(hippies,liberals)are wearing you down.

spray some G96 or Hoppes #9 in the air and breathe deep!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#11]
nope
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:03:18 PM EDT
[#13]
13 posts per day...maybe you jumped in head first and just need to slow down.  Not bagging on you at all, just saying that maybe you got too consumed with it too fast and didn't pace yourself.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:03:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I have guns so I can breath air...I like air in my lungs!

I can go back "unto the dust" if necessary..But life is what I like..without guns I have no way to insure I have the ability
to maintain that nasty air we breath in my lungs!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quick, somebody spray some CLP in the air!  Check his vitals!  Patient is slipping.......prepare for BRD infusion stat!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

don't get me wrong, I support the second amendment in its pure form 100%. I am pro-gun everything. However, the luster has faded and the appeal is all but gone. I see guns for the heavily marketed, cold, lifeless chunks or steel, aluminum, plastic and wood that they are, and no longer drool over them and daydream. Maybe its the high prices or the dwindling places to shoot along with tighter range restrictions that have soured my grapes.

they just don't make me happy anymore. I will keep a few essential pieces, but my days of obsession are rapidly declining, and I don't see this as a bad thing. Life takes balance and that is something I have to keep track of better. Anyone else toned back their gun nuttiness? Or am I an arfcom heretic who shall be burned at the stake. mmmmm steak....yum.....

Perhaps you should consider some form of competetive shooting?  That lifeless chunk of steel needs a rifleman to make it come alive.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#17]
The more I learn about them, the more I love them.

Then again I'm a young guy.

People change as do their interests.

I wouldn't dump what you have though, you might regret it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:07:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Every once in a while, I'll have like a month or so where I just don't ever feel like going shooting.  I don't know why...but it happens.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I get tired of hunting for ammo, that's about it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Maybe you burnt out because you joined this year and have made over three thousand posts already
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:09:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
don't get me wrong, I support the second amendment in its pure form 100%. I am pro-gun everything. However, the luster has faded and the appeal is all but gone. I see guns for the heavily marketed, cold, lifeless chunks or steel, aluminum, plastic and wood that they are, and no longer drool over them and daydream. Maybe its the high prices or the dwindling places to shoot along with tighter range restrictions that have soured my grapes.

they just don't make me happy anymore. I will keep a few essential pieces, but my days of obsession are rapidly declining, and I don't see this as a bad thing. Life takes balance and that is something I have to keep track of better. Anyone else toned back their gun nuttiness? Or am I an arfcom heretic who shall be burned at the stake. mmmmm steak....yum.....

Perhaps you should consider some form of competetive shooting?  That lifeless chunk of steel needs a rifleman to make it come alive.

Exactly

Some people are more into the collection aspect of it.

Some are more into the shooting aspect.

And some do both.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I have guns so I can breath air...I like air in my lungs!

I can go back "unto the dust" if necessary..But life is what I like..without guns I have no way to insure I have the ability

to maintain that nasty air we breath in my lungs!

Did you let your Team membership expire?

I agree with what you say whole heartily.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:10:09 PM EDT
[#23]
You are gay.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I was debating today "hmm...do I need an AK74 now?  Centerfire has some Bulgy ones pretty damn cheap right now...."...and this is after the fact I have close to a dozen AKM variants.

No, guns don't tire me...not having enough money for everything I want tires me!

correct

eta: go see a team of psychologists to see if they can figure out whats wrong with you OP

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:17:50 PM EDT
[#26]
I got tired of them for a few months, after I came back from deployment.  I thought about which ones I would buy and how fun they would be to shoot when I got back.  Took a bunch of leave and shot every other day.  After a week of that I was done for a couple of months. Not only that but I had trouble finding ammo.  Now I started reloading and that is fun trying to bring group size down.  USPSA is also a good time.  Something more that blasting away at the range.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#27]
You are depressed take pills!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Oh my God! Someone found the cure to BRD! Well, keep the cure to yourself. I like being sick!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#29]
No!  What the fuck is wrong with you?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Bingo

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Not really into it anymore. Still have them for self defense but don't really enjoy shooting. I only shoot to get my skillset up.
ETA It's odd to because when I was a poor college student I would spend more of a portion of my income on firearms, training classes, and ammo. Now that I make a lot more money I spend a fraction of that.

I think it's cause I started doing BJJ and MMA and realized I could get more bang for my buck training wise by rolling for an hour than shooting for an hour.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Screw you people that "aren't into guns anymore"... I'm in college right now away from home where I can't access my guns. So please, next time you're at the range, fire at least one shot for me. And enjoy it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#34]
I just can't afford to shoot them anymore.. so they have kind of lost their luster for me.  I'd still love to be able to shoot them, but knowing that I have them and can't afford the ammo to shoot them for recreation really bums me out.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:32:48 PM EDT
[#35]
I honestly have been for many years now. When I go shooting I do it for my friends and family. I want them to have a good time. Me personally? I dont care for it anymore.

honestly with the price of 5.56 and 7.62 these days, I feel the libbies are winning because I  dont like spending that much to shoot. I am just hoarding what i have left.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#36]
When I stop breathing.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#37]
I think not being able to affor guns would keep me into them even more.

Once you buy everything you want, then its not as exciting.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Yes, comes and goes in waves for me.  

I bought (err, built) my AR at the peak of the last wave, and have probably shot it 50 rounds in 3 years
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm tired of not buying any new ones!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm tired of gun people, if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#41]
If I don't buy a couple a week I get withdraw symptoms.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:34:19 PM EDT
[#42]
A suggestion:

Stop buying guns and ammo and Start using them.

Can you shoot all of your firearms both left and right handed?  With the same accuracy?

How about at distances?  Yeah, 7 yards is that mythical range, but how about 10, 15, 20, or 100 yards with a handgun?

Set a goal or a challenge for yourself.  My personal goal shoot the Front Sight Skills test left and right handed with every weapon in my safe.  So far I've done it left handed with 3 (1911, XD, Mossberg), and many more to go.

Take a friend or coworker shooting.  

Join a range for a year, then go one time a week (Monday and Tuesday nights are slow at the range).  I usually use 5 different handguns, 2 mags each, one left handed, one right handed.  The improvement is slow and steady.  Don't want to use ammo, go to the garage, basement and dry practice for 10 minutes a day, then hit the range once a week.

Just some thoughts.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#43]
find another part to work on...try reloading..or building [not just assembling] I get bored with just shooting..got into reloading, have built a couple of muzzle loaders....and am getting tooled up to build a couple of hunting rigs based a Mauser actions.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Yes, I dumped a stack of them and it feels so good I'm going to dump some more.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:35:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
nope

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

To which the answer would also be yes.

At least, the same flavor of pie for a month or two.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:42:37 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm pretty much burned out. Still use them and will always have some around, but it's dead as a hobby pretty much.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#48]
I get tired of certain kinds of guns/shooting for a while.

For example, lately I've been in a bolt action phase. I haven't had my AR out in a long, long time.

The only thing that never changes is my .22 pistol habit. I never get tired of those, and when I'm living in an environment that allows it, like right now, I take my favorite out and shoot almost every single day.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#49]
I think about guns all day now I'm starting to think about getting into Armored vehicles, help me...

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#50]
I don't research them as much as I use to, so I guess I have also grown tired.

I have tried several combos and have settle on my trusty 1911, AR, riot SG, everything else was sold or traded when the market was in a frenzy.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top