BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:08:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
We had a large one show up in our ICU that needed to have the mattress springs actually cut out of their ass. Had a nice crop of maggots too.

Hell yeah. That's what I'm talkin about.

Moar.

Ok, here's one for you:

The Worst Smell I Ever Experienced

My department used to have to provide LE positions at an inner city ER. I was working there one night. EMTs bring in this guy they found in an alley. He must have been 600-700 pounds (kinda hard to estimate). When they picked him up, there were maggots covering him on the underside. The two EMTs (who were both complete hotties, btw)- they had pretty much seen everything- had to roll all the windows down in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. It was about 20 degrees. They both still threw up from the smell. They took this guy in the back.

Later, I was walking through the ER and unknown to me, I walked past the room he was in (curtain drawn). When the smell hit me, it was literally like physically walking into a wall- thats the only way I can describe it. I can't describe the actual smell- I took a short breath and GTFO. They ended up having to take him outside and scrub him down in 20 degree weather with a hose and a janitor's floor scrubber.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:21:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Skin folds are bacterial breeding grounds.  Fat people cannot reach, much less lift the folds and scrub that shit down.

This could get gross so I will end with that.

Better start saving because you know who will be paying when those skin folds get infected?  You.

Gotta love socialized medicine!

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:22:22 AM EDT
[#3]
My favorite is when someone who has massive BO (fat or not) decides to 'hide' it with cologne/perfume.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:23:01 AM EDT
[#4]
In the words of Al Bundy, "And what does fat do best? Fat sweats!!!"

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:05:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Skin folds are bacterial breeding grounds.  Fat people cannot reach, much less lift the folds and scrub that shit down.

Please, Keith, go on.

No Keith please don't

I work with a person that is over 380lbs. She smells like rotten cabbage. Her 8YO daughter weighs in around 150+ ( this is really sad to see) Her Husband is somewhere around 500lbs. he is the same age as me ( 37 ) has to use a Rascal type scooter, also carries around an O2 tank and has the tube thing on. Every breath sounds labored and the dude could keel over at anytime. But,. but is glandular, its in their genes.

I bet it's mostly out of their Jeans.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:07:32 AM EDT
[#6]
damn, glad i'm not THAT fat, don't get me wrong i'm a big guy and can work up a mean case of BO when working out(rare) or am outside all day in 100+ degree temps, but as soon as i'm done i hit she shower before i even think of going out in public.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:09:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I know someone who was studying to be a nurse, and one of their tasks was bathing some fat people in a nursing home.  She had to clean between the fat folds, as already mentioned, and found an old sandwich.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:15:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:21:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And if the fatty is also diabetic?  Now the sugars which ooze out of the wound support yeasts.  Absolutely disgusting!

............So if I throw a fatty in a still and boil at 173, how much alch do you think I can get?.....................

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:39:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Im fat, but I am not that fat....
Shower 1 - 2 times a day with antibacterial soap and a loofa!

We're in America, no reason not to be clean!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:42:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:44:03 AM EDT
[#12]
That is disgusting

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:44:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They can't reach to wipe themselves.....

not true, they wipe back to front, Go ahead, ask me how I know

Ok, how do you know.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:44:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Im a big guy and have no problem being hygienic - I think most fat fucks either cant reach or are saving their soap money for more taco bell.

What really disturbs me is the "I Shit My Pants Smell" some people have

or

The weird smiling guy with breath that smells like rosie odonell just took a shit in there..

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:45:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Ugh one of the reasons i decided to stay out of the medical field. Would rather deal with sun baked corpses and suicide bombers than smelly fat people.

Worst part is most of them have attitudes about it.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:45:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:49:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
For all you ejukateds out there.... When super obese people blame it on "gland" problems or their genes, how often is this actually the case?  I understand that someones natural metabolism may be a little slower than the next persons, but that 500 lb raincoat of blubber doesn't just grow itself right?   In other words if they monitored their diet, and exercised/took medication to increase their metabolism there's NO legitimate reason to get so fat you cant walk?

No, it's the genes. It doesn't matter that humans have the same genes as they did in the '70's, aliens came down and altered the genome. So now we can blame the genes.

In all seriousness though, have you ever looked at old HS yearbooks, and compared them with new? We had like one fat kid in grade school, and only a few in HS. The average build would be considered anorexic by todays standards.

And the kids these days do not need to be wearing the low cut styles of the seventys. They need to be wearing high waisted pants with pleats, and a smock top that is blousy enough to cover the muffin top.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:50:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
sour milk...and stinky feet is how it smells
Some are just more "potent" than others ....

that said we had one at work that we had to clean the office each time she left. it just lingered.

they call it "smegma". I think.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:50:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They can't reach to wipe themselves.....

not true, they wipe back to front, Go ahead, ask me how I know

You muff dived a hog and got some peanuts didn't you.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:52:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

hott...
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:57:12 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:04:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Marksman I use to work with a heavy set guy and his name is Earl.  We called him Big Earl.  He got to work by riding a "moped".  Yeah it was a sight to see.  We all know that Big Earl hardly takes any baths or showers.  He smelled like a cross between an arab and un-washed ass on a hot day .  Hardly anyone would want to work along side him.   I would assume that people do get used to their smell.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:08:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My favorite is when someone who has massive BO (fat or not) decides to 'hide' it with cologne/perfume.

Ugh, I know someone like that.  It's revolting.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:10:59 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And if the fatty is also diabetic?  Now the sugars which ooze out of the wound support yeasts.  Absolutely disgusting!

............So if I throw a fatty in a still and boil at 173, how much alch do you think I can get?.....................

Wrong type of yeast.  Saccharomyces are the sugar yeasts which make alcohol when deprived of oxygen.  Candida are the types associated with skin.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:11:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing quite like butt and Brut.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:12:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This thread is soooo easy to masturbate to...

TRG
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:15:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong type of yeast.  Saccharomyces are the sugar yeasts which make alcohol when deprived of oxygen.  Candida are the types associated with skin.

Damn, there goes half my SHTF plan.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:15:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:23:49 AM EDT
[#29]
You'd be surprised how many have yeast infections going on in the rolls.  When your knees won't support you enough to step into a tub or shower it's kinda hard to wash- even the areas you can reach.  Some of them have shower wands in the bathroom to wash their asses since they can't reach.  

I've had to cut the walls out of more than one trailer and also a couple of houses.  Had to take the stretcher out of the back of the truck more than once, lash a couple of spine boards together and transport that way (and not covering the safety hook in the other story was poor planning and irresponsible).  I've seen them with mattress springs in their ass, maggots, etc.  The bed ridden ones get decubitus ulcers that get infected and don't want to heal because of poor circulation to the area even when they've been moved.  

When they get to the point that just moving is taxing they usually tend to move as little as possible which just makes things progressively worse.  It's amazing how many have attitudes about it (a coping mechanism according to the psychologist)- getting offended because my partner and I a) can't physically move their fat ass and b) should even attempt it knowing that we may well injure ourselves because they choose not to take care of themselves.  When you're shaped like a beach ball and are slimy there's not much to grab on so quit bitching if I pull on your arm or try to roll you so I can get a strap under your fat ass (many of them sleep directly on the mattress since they can't get a sheet under them which makes moving them that much harder).  Even worse are the family members who are the enablers- if you didn't bring them Little Debbies and KFC every time they hollered they'd lose some weight.  

And as a disclaimer, I need to lose a few pounds, but I'd shoot myself in the head if I ever got obese.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:25:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Kinda like Fat Bastard?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:39:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Even worse are the family members who are the enablers- if you didn't bring them Little Debbies and KFC every time they hollered they'd lose some weight.

This.

The people that spend 3 years without leaving the house because they can't fit through the door didn't get that goddamn fat by themselves.  
Somebody's feeding them.
I'm no psychologist, and I don't pretend to be, but the enablers are just as sick as the lost souls stuck in bed.

ETA: and by the way.......Fuck Obama

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:40:10 AM EDT
[#32]
This is one fucked up thread.

Most of the time when overly large people try to cover the smell up with perfume or cologne, it somehow ends up smelling like baked cookies with a rotten stench to it.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:41:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Kinda like Fat Bastard?

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:45:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Even worse are the family members who are the enablers- if you didn't bring them Little Debbies and KFC every time they hollered they'd lose some weight.

This.

The people that spend 3 years without leaving the house because they can't fit through the door didn't get that goddamn fat by themselves.  
Somebody's feeding them.
I'm no psychologist, and I don't pretend to be, but the enablers are just as sick as the lost souls stuck in bed.

My wife deals with fat kids. Had a 3 y.o. that weighed 95 lbs. Mom said she can't stop him from eating.

WTH? Its not like he's driving himself to the store and stocking up on snack cakes.

btw- the wife thinks Little Debbie's are the debil.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:56:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I want to hear more morbidly obese people stories!!

There was a storie of a lady in San Antonio.  She was morbidly obese, and suffered a leg injury.  She was confined to her couch for three years.  Eventually she suffered a heart attack.  She litteraly had to be cut out of the leather couch.  Her skin had grown into the leather.  She had literally become and inseperable part of the couch.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:01:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Ever time you walk into (or if it's really bad, you can smell it outside) a patients house and smell that maggots meets tissue death stank, you know there is only a few options. They just plain don't take care of themselves or the house and garbage is going to be piled up; they are very old, not being taken care of and rotting away; or they are fatties. Usually it's best to be prepared for option three.

The worst is when your done with the call and have that smell stuck in your nose and on your clothes for hours and nothing seems to get rid of it. It's like the "you can't unsee this" thing only with your nose, I can smell it just thinking about it dammit.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:03:57 AM EDT
[#37]

Easy with this thread.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:09:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

me too!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:10:17 AM EDT
[#39]
If you like this thread, check out a movie called "Feed."

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:18:29 AM EDT
[#40]
My best friends wife is an emergency room nurse.  She is so hard to get good stories out of but she told me of this obese woman who came into the emergency room with some "female problems".

She wouldn't fit into a gown so they had to drape a couple of sheets over her.  The doctor came in to examine her and they couldn't get her legs up in the stirrups so my friends wife and two others had to tie a couple of towels together, strap them to her ankles and pull her legs back since she couldn't do it naturally.  

My friend's wife said the smell emitting from her body was horrendous.  It started to spill out to the nurse's station, and she said it came down to drawing straws on who was going to assist past that point.  She said over the years she's come across a lot of smells, bums with rotting jaw bones, cysts etc but nothing compared to that woman.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Oh almost forgot about our neighbor growing up.  When I was a kid she was an easy 300+ lbs.  She'd be walking around in the yard in shorts and a tube top with jelly rolls hanging down everywhere.

I left for the service and came back home after 10 years and she was massive by that point.  I rarely saw her but when you did she'd be wearing one of those tent size dresses.  She died a couple of years ago in bed.  She had gotten so big that she couldn't get out of bed and the cause of death?  Choked on her own vomit because she couldn't roll over.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:24:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a storie of a lady in San Antonio.  She was morbidly obese, and suffered a leg injury.  She was confined to her couch for three years.  Eventually she suffered a heart attack.  She litteraly had to be cut out of the leather couch.  Her skin had grown into the leather.  She had literally become and inseperable part of the couch.  

How in the word do they use the bathroom, or bucket, or whatever?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:28:08 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I know someone who was studying to be a nurse, and one of their tasks was bathing some fat people in a nursing home.  She had to clean between the fat folds, as already mentioned, and found an old sandwich.  

It's stuff like that which has made me not want to be a nurse.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:30:26 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This thread is soooo easy to masturbate to...

TRG

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:33:02 AM EDT
[#45]
out of
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:33:10 AM EDT
[#46]
So, somthing like this, but worse?

Buddy of mine sent me this with some crack about summertime and girls showing their bellybuttons.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:33:48 AM EDT
[#47]
I had to watch a 600 lb 17 yo girl die from cardiac arrest because we could not get her out of the house. I started chest compressions and could not get them to show up on my monitor.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#48]
fuck...... i had to eat this before breakfast, now I will just have water. poor fat bastards
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:34:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Why oh why can I not stop reading this vomit inducing thread?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:36:03 AM EDT
[#50]
My GF who is a nurse is saying that its fungal infections in the folds and lack of hygiene downstairs that makes em reek!
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top