Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#1]
After a few beers, sure! otherwise - sometimes
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I can easily walk up to anybody, but then I somehow forget how to talk.

+1
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in outside sales and talking to strangers is my job. I don't try to pick up women, since my wife gets kinda cranky when I do. It really helps if you have SOMETHING to say. When you do, just look her in the eye and smile. Say what's on your mind and most people will react positively. If not, their loss, just keep on moving. Try not to act nervous and just be your friendly self.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#4]
This is the same problem a friend of mine has. He runs out of things to say after "hi"
Then he just stares at them untill they walk away.
So, I was talking to him about what I did to p/u chicks when I was still single.
Here are my four tips to meet a girl:
#1 Smile and make eye contact before you walk over.
#2 Open with a joke or a funny line. (I steal shit from movies most of the time)
#3 Be honest, tell her she is really good looking, you would like to get to know her, and maybe take her out for coffee or drinks or a good shagging.
#4 Once you have her digits, WALK AWAY!!! If you stay, you will only do something or say something to make yourself less attractive and you look desperate.

My wife says all of this is bull shit, but it worked on her. I walked up and said "What's happen'en Hot Stuff?" like Long Duck Dong in "Pretty in Pink" She laughed and said "Dong? Where is my Automobile?" And the rest is history.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#5]
No.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I never used to be able to.

I got over it.  It's like when you gotta go whack somebody - the first one is hard, after that it gets easier and easier...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i wasn't even sober in class in college, whiskey, tango, foxtrot, over....................

I used to take a 32 oz insulated cup of beer or jack and coke to most of my classes.

TXL

i'd just buy a coke, pour out about 1/3 of it, fill it back up with whiskey and try not to breathe on anybody in class..................

Vodka, or even better, Everclear would be more covert.

Strike up conversation with a random girl?  What context?  Club or bar?  Library?  Supermarket, laundrymat or carwash?  What motive?  Asking for a dance, date, or to pass the pretzels....?  

Generally speaking-not me.  No way, no how.  Too antisocial.  I know I'd be wigged if some total stranger came up out of the blue & tried to start a conversation with me.  Right from the start my reaction would be "WTF are you & WTF do you really want?".  Especially if the conversation starter was a cute gal.     Since I don't like it I try to extend others the courtesy.  I don't bother you & you don't bother me & things will be just fine.  Not to mention I'm sure they're used to assorted jerks & losers trying to pick them up--I don't want to be included in that list to be laughed about when they're talking to their friends.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#8]
... Absolutely!

... It's my only chance
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, but I never get beyond "Nice shoes.  Wanna fuck?"
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#10]
When I was younger I could with no problem
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#11]
No. I am WOEFULLY bashfull when striking up a conversation with a girl. Just awful.

Fortunately, once the first step is accomplished, I'm good to go.

Believe me, if I could get that first part down pat, I'd get laid a whole lot more.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I thought it was LORD TRADER.

He is, but Taxman (LT's understudy)  is around more.

Damn right I am.  

and Hell no I cant, I get rejected all the time and I dont even try much.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Chit-chat was invented by women who don't know how to boink.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#14]
No.

I have nothing to say to anyone.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Yes, but I never get beyond "Nice shoes.  Wanna fuck?"

... damn, I needed a good laugh tonight!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#16]
They used to come to me when I was driving my old mustang all of the time, it was great. This one time I was coming back from somehwere with my buddies and was headed over to my car and there was this girl who was standing by it...she had been waiting to see who owned the car it was cool espically when she asked to go for a ride right in front of her boyfriend.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
They used to come to me when I was driving my old mustang all of the time, it was great. This one time I was coming back from somehwere with my buddies and was headed over to my car and there was this girl who was standing by it...she had been waiting to see who owned the car it was cool espically when she asked to go for a ride right in front of her boyfriend.

I have had alot of women like my cars, they just dont like me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes, the worst thing a really hot woman can say is get lost.

Alot of them are lonely.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes I can I usually say hi how is your foot
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top