Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/8/2004 10:15:55 AM EDT
It is very tough for me to do it, but i see friends do it all the time, sometimes it works sometimes they get the scared mace treatment
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
It is very tough for me to do it, but i see friends do it all the time, sometimes it works sometimes they get the scared mace treatment

Just remember practice makes perfect.  The more you do it, the more you feel comfortable about it.  Hey all they can say is "get lost"
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#2]
For me I find it very easy to talk with people, male or female.

edit........ that being said that does not mean I am going to always hook up or make a connection.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Hehehe, whenever I go out with my single friends (the list is getting smaller and smaller) I'll walk up to all the girls and pimp my friends out.
More often than not the girls will come over and talk to them and sometimes I'll get a nibble.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just remember practice makes perfect.  The more you do it, the more you feel comfortable about it.  Hey all they can say is "get lost"

+1.

They're people. She's no different than the guy behind the counter at the 7-11. Be nice, if they're interested, they'll talk back, if not, find another.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Sure, I just say, "Gimme a chicken sandwich, medium fried and a coke."
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Ask Taxman for advice. He's the board expert on picking up the womenz.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:20:43 AM EDT
[#8]
...Except she has tits, smells nice and isn't picking her nose behing the counter of a 7-11...

Quoted:
They're people. She's no different than the guy behind the counter at the 7-11. Be nice, if they're interested, they'll talk back, if not, find another.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought it was LORD TRADER.

Quoted:
Ask Taxman for advice. He's the board expert on picking up the womenz.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#10]
What's the worst thingthat can happen...you get embarrassed for a couple minutes?  MOve on and talk with someone else.

You're not going to get what you don't ask for.  

Carpe Poon!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hehehe, whenever I go out with my single friends (the list is getting smaller and smaller) I'll walk up to all the girls and pimp my friends out.
More often than not the girls will come over and talk to them and sometimes I'll get a nibble.

Yeah but thats kinda different you are trying to hook your friend up... And you probably have a few beers in ya, that always makes it easier!

I'm talking about at college were your somewhat sober.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I thought it was LORD TRADER.

He is, but Taxman (LT's understudy)  is around more.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#13]
the trick is all in the correct BAC, trust me on this
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:26:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I can talk to anybody easily.  Male, female, young or old, ugly or pretty.  Of course, my wife doesn't appreciate me chatting with the young pretty girls too much!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm talking about at college were your somewhat sober.

Huh? College and sober in the same sentence? Clarify, please. I don't understand.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I do it all the time and ususally finish the conversation with, "So what are you doing later?  You wanna swing by my place here in a little while?"  It works about 50% of the time!  PIE PIE PIE!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:29:05 AM EDT
[#18]
i wasn't even sober in class in college, whiskey, tango, foxtrot, over....................
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Just do it.
The whole "scare" is just yourself wondering all kinds of stupid crap.
Am I good enough?
Am I smart enough?
Am I attractive enough?

on and on and on

To all of which my own particular answer is always "Hell, yes! Not only am I good enough but damn, I might just be tooo good."

Seriously though, you just have to have confidence in yourself. then who cares what other people think of you. You may or may not ever meet them again so why worry about it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Sure, piece of cake.

Hi..how you doing?

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I do it all the time and ususally finish the conversation with, "So what are you doing later?  You wanna swing by my place here in a little while?"  It works about 50% of the time!  PIE PIE PIE!

you got to be fucking kidding me they fall for that crap?  Thats pretty trusting dont most get freaked out...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
...Except she has tits, smells nice and isn't picking her nose behing the counter of a 7-11...

Quoted:

I don't work at 7-11. I smell nice. I don't pick my nose.

Many arfcom men have tits.

What was your point again?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't work at 7-11. I smell nice. I don't pick my nose.

What was your point again?

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:33:27 AM EDT
[#24]
As long as my wife isn't around.   Just kidding.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:33:55 AM EDT
[#25]
How you doin'?

I don't have a problem at all talking to people...unless it is someone I am trying to date, get to know, etc.

I am married now so it isn't a big deal anymore.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#26]
sure.... as long as the old lady ain't with me at the time.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#27]
here are some of my tips & techniques:

if the girl shows any type of interest, like eye contact, a smile, etc. thats the green light for me to proceed, I always read the body language before I even attempt to talk.

I have found that just simply asking questions or directions is an easy way to break the ice so you can talk

most women will glady talk to you, but they prefer for the guy to make the first move, especially if they are shy.

I met a nice Thai woman and all it took was a smile and a simple question, then she kept asking me all kinds of questions and telling me about where she is from etc.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#28]
it's hard at first. as soon as you see that getting shut down isn't as bad as you thought it would be, it get's easier and easier. you'll end up surprising yourself.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Tough for me as well. I get nervous easily in those situations, especially if the girl is really attractive.

A few weeks ago, I finally introduced myself to probably the hottest girl I've ever laid eyes on. I'd been seeing her around town, and was just fed up with myself not being able to approach her. So I just did it. Said to myself, "this is just practice." And went for it.

And I didn't get maced!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:42:06 AM EDT
[#30]
I have to admit I find it easier to walk up to a complete stranger and start a conversation than with many people I know well. LOL. That may sound somewhat foolish, but consider this. You don't know a stranger. They don't know you. They didn't see you the previous weekend when you were drunk and wearing a pair of women's panties on your head while dancing naked on the patio. They don't know your history. They haven't heard that rumors that your g/f is banging her boss behind your back. They don't know you have debt problems. They don't know if you are rich or poor. They don't know your political beliefs. They don't know your feelings about the world. All they know is that you are someone they've never met nor will likely ever see again. Therefore, to me anyway, that is the easiest of all circumstances to start a conversation about. And since the two of you don't already know each other inside out, there is no shortage of topics for discussion.

So yes, starting a conversation with a complete stranger just out the blue is no sweat for me. Why? Because it likely doesn't matter if I make a good impression or not. Chances are good I will never lay eyes on the person again anyway, so who cares? LOL. Just enjoy the moment.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#31]

Easy with this guy along. Runs right up to them.

And he's a crotch sniffer
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#32]
I think that it all depends upon the social context.  If it's not the right context, you might end up with an icy stare, or even an arrest warrant!  If the context is right, you might get a smile then make progress.  Generally speaking, women like to be introduced first.  Once you've been introduced it's amazing how much more friendly women can be.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#33]
(tagged... because I'm too shy to add anything)
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you got to be fucking kidding me they fall for that crap?  Thats pretty trusting dont most get freaked out...

Once one got nervous and left before I could get some.  I think the AR on display in the living room freaked her out.  Other than that instance it has worked about 50% of the time.  Just try it but make sure you talk to them at the bar for a while first before you ask.  Don't just walk up and ask them to go home with you.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:54:32 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
For me I find it very easy to talk with people, male or female.

edit........ that being said that does not mean I am going to always hook up or make a connection.

+1
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:01:52 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Carpe Poon!

LMAO!!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#37]
depends, i used to be really shy.  i hit on a girl the other day..she wasn't single but smiled and we talked for a little bit.  someday i might have a chance,  who knows?  to me it depends on if i think we might have something in common (friends, music, whatever).  if i don't expect anything than i don't care too much and that makes it easier.  i think the longer you wait to talk to someone the harder and more awkward it becomes.

former introvert,  inferno715.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
i wasn't even sober in class in college, whiskey, tango, foxtrot, over....................

I used to take a 32 oz insulated cup of beer or jack and coke to most of my classes.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
here are some of my tips & techniques:

if the girl shows any type of interest, like eye contact, a smile, etc. thats the green light for me to proceed, I always read the body language before I even attempt to talk.

I have found that just simply asking questions or directions is an easy way to break the ice so you can talk

most women will glady talk to you, but they prefer for the guy to make the first move, especially if they are shy.

I met a nice Thai woman and all it took was a smile and a simple question, then she kept asking me all kinds of questions and telling me about where she is from etc.

Look for them to play with their hair or touch your shoulder when they say "Gee, you are funny"
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

BTW, here's a little tip.  This worked well for me.
Part of the problem with approaching an attractive women and starting a conversation is that it's easy to put pretty women up on a pedestal and then they become very difficult to approach.  Here's what I finally did (and it works pretty well).  I recognized that I would never be able to take pretty women off of that pedestal I put them on so I did this, I put ALL women up on that pedestal.  What I'm saying is this.  Treat EVERY women as if she's important and attractive.  Once you do that, not only do you get enough practice at talking to them, but your perspective on the pretty ones changes a little as well and you can approach them much more easily.  
Try it!  It works!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:32:17 AM EDT
[#41]
If you can't talk face to face just turn around and talk with your ass, chicks dig it when you pretend your ass can talk.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Look for them to play with their hair or touch your shoulder when they say "Gee, you are funny"

Wait wait wait, is that when you retreat or make your move.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#43]
talking to random girls is ESSENTIAL for me. Im at LSU(read hot girls who are strangers) everywhere. just walk up say whatever to get them to say something back then immediatly ask their name. from there its either gravy or not. i have the cushion of having 15,000+ coeds so if i lose a few not a big deal.

my philosophy in basketball and women is throw up 100 shots and youre bound to make 1
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Moobs?
Do they need a manzier?

Got pics?

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:40:59 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
If you can't talk face to face just turn around and talk with your ass, chicks dig it when you pretend your ass can talk.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I used to take a 32 oz insulated cup of beer or jack and coke to most of my classes.

TXL

i'd just buy a coke, pour out about 1/3 of it, fill it back up with whiskey and try not to breathe on anybody in class..................
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Yup, being married for 25 years, women, no matter their breeding or looks do not phaze me a bit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:09:44 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I don't have a problem at all talking to people...unless it is someone I am trying to date, get to know, etc.

+1
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Sure, piece of cake pie.

Fixed it for ya
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top