Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cause that will help.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably not. I might try to pass him and get as far away from him as possible as quickly as possible. I would probably honk my horn at him as I passed.

Cause that will help.

Hey now, he MIGHT even throw a fist shake in there too!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#2]
No, MYOB..
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He'll probably freak out at the honking and swerve right into you. You want to be IN FRONT of a drunk driver?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably not. I might try to pass him and get as far away from him as possible as quickly as possible. I would probably honk my horn at him as I passed.

Cause that will help.

He'll probably freak out at the honking and swerve right into you. You want to be IN FRONT of a drunk driver?

Exactly.

I'd much rather the drunk be in front of me so I can watch him and react to his shit. Behind me is the last place I want a drunk. Good way to get rear ended.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:39:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, MYOB..

lol...

It's like the one fish saw the other fish in the barrel and was all like "I gotta get in there too!"
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm happy to see neighborhood watch is in full swing
View Quote

13er in full swing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No, MYOB..
View Quote

Somebody endangering all those around him including me IS my business.

If the same guy was walking down the street randomly shooting at street lights and signs what would you do?

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Would have done it. I have called in before.

When you are driving from ditch to ditch and endangering everyone you meet you need stopped.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

DUI apologists can go fuck themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#10]
In this situation, MYOB = Call the Cops.

If they were hammered, and on a road you also occupied, it is your business.

But let's say they weren't hammered, maybe they were having a heart attack, diabetic episode of some kind or any number of other possibilities that required immediate medical attention and caused shitacular driving.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#11]

*HP

I have done it several times.  I would not want it on my concience should the person kill somone.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Naw just mis-clicked the proper smiley face.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, MYOB..

lol...

It's like the one fish saw the other fish in the barrel and was all like "I gotta get in there too!"

Naw just mis-clicked the proper smiley face.

That's it? I had you ripping off a 87 line diatribe about how there couldn't possibly be that high of a concentration of retardation in such a short thread...
or something...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Absolutely call the cops.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Lots of people won't call in the serious shit, but can't wait to call in a stray dog, or a discarded bag of trash. Murica!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#17]
UPDATE!!!!
First and formost (lunyou) , what a stupid thing to say.You sir, are indeed a jackass.Asking what people would do in a situation makes me an idiot? Seriously?

Ok, now that i got that off my chest.The responding police officer called my wife later last night to thank us for  calling in the impaired driver.According to the officer, the woman was extremely intoxicated, and was arrested for DUI.. We asked what she blew on the road side breathalizer.The officer said she refused the test, but failed the field sobriety test, and was obviously drunk.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:34:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No, MYOB..
View Quote

GTFO
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:35:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:56:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
UPDATE!!!!
First and formost (lunyou) , what a stupid thing to say.You sir, are indeed a jackass.Asking what people would do in a situation makes me an idiot? Seriously?

Ok, now that i got that off my chest.The responding police officer called my wife later last night to thank us for  calling in the impaired driver.According to the officer, the woman was extremely intoxicated, and was arrested for DUI.. We asked what she blew on the road side breathalizer.The officer said she refused the test, but failed the field sobriety test, and was obviously drunk.
View Quote

Good fuck her.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:09:11 AM EDT
[#21]
I would call because of reckless driving that was witnessed.
Regardless if it was alcohol, drugs, or a stroke that caused them to drive that way.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:17:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Yes. Fuck drunk drivers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:22:19 AM EDT
[#23]
I would, this is a no brainer.
Those  that say no must be a drunk driver.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:10:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Guy has a non-922r compliant rifle = MYOB.

Guy has a homebuilt suppressor with no paperwork = MYOB.

Guy could kill an innocent at literally any moment because he's driving impaired = Call the cops.
View Quote

This

Txl
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:13:34 AM EDT
[#25]
I'd drop a dime.

Fuck drunk drivers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:21:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Yup done it multiple times.

Risk my life, fuck you.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#27]
I did it to a man with his family in the car on Christmas day. Piece of shit!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:00:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'd drop a dime.

Fuck drunk drivers.
View Quote

Got knocked off my motorcycle by a drunk hit-n-run driver when I was 16. I'm still paying for the physical effects of the accident, 27 years later, and the bastard was never caught.

Fuck 'em..
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Thread is full of SNITCHES!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, done it before.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

3 years..76 posts.....

OH NORCAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I would and I have.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:27:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yup done it multiple times.

Risk my life, fuck you.
View Quote

Yup.

I once followed a guy who almost hit me (i had to go off-road) who was going to kill someone by the way he was driving... while on 911 they said they already have units out on their way due to so many call ins.

As I was on the phone with 911 giving direction, the guy plowed into a car with an old couple in it.  The victims car was a classic mustang that the owner just finished restoring a week earlier... apparently was his pride and joy long term project.

I stayed and filed out a nice report.

Fuck drunks.  Lost far to many family members and friends to these cockroaches.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:27:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Good job OP....... I have called in a drunk driver before and then followed her until the cops were able to show up and arrest her.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good.  Shit should be treated like shit.  Leaving shit alone results in a filthy living environment.  I don't want to live in shit, so if I find a stray turd I do my part to clean it up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:30:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This

Txl
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guy has a non-922r compliant rifle = MYOB.

Guy has a homebuilt suppressor with no paperwork = MYOB.

Guy could kill an innocent at literally any moment because he's driving impaired = Call the cops.

This

Txl

This makes me feel better about mankind.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
UPDATE!!!!

View Quote

First, I'm surprised the officer gave you that much information with all of today's privacy regulations.

Second, I would definitely call it in. As a motocylist, I don't want to get smeared by an impaired driver. I take a MYOB approach to most things in life, but if you're endangering another human or abusing an animal, I'm going to report it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
UPDATE!!!!

View Quote

Forget the haters OP.  This is GD, there is always an argument.  You did a good thing and most likely saved a life tonight, even if it was just the drunks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

First, I'm surprised the officer gave you that much information with all of today's privacy regulations.

Second, I would definitely call it in. As a motocylist, I don't want to get smeared by an impaired driver. I take a MYOB approach to most things in life, but if you're endangering another human or abusing an animal, I'm going to report it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
UPDATE!!!!

The information is public record.  The arrest will be reported in tomorrow's paper, with all the other arrests (especially if it's a small town).  You are probably not familiar because no one ever reads that section of the paper.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
UPDATE!!!!

View Quote

If you're going to update a post, please post the update in the OP.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#42]
A obviously reckless driver, be it drunk, texting, or stupid is worthy of a call.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#43]
MYOB
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:07:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Generally, if you have any doubts about calling, then the situation probably doesn't need us. If you see something serious enough to call, then there isn't really any doubt that we're needed.

A lot of people call when we aren't really needed. All the situation requires is someone to act like a fucking adult. I don't like responding to the stupid calls because it's a waste of time, resources and money when there's better things to be doing. I don't even want to know how many cops have been killed responding to bullshit calls that escalated simply because they were there
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#45]
I was on a jury that found a guy guilty of driving under the influence. That's no biggy but what was new to me, is the guy made it all the way home, was out of his car and in the house.  Sheriff had been called by someone following them and the good citizen noted the address the drunk driver went in to and passed it on to the 911 operator.

I always thought once you made it home you got away with it..........nope, not in ID.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#46]
There are certain times you let The Man into your life or the life of others.

This is one of them
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#47]
DUI checkpoints are bull shit.

That said, I would (and have) called in reckless driving without a second thought.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Where are all the libertarians saying dwi should be legal?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:24:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This.

No sense in letting a drunk murder someone on the way home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes I would

This.

No sense in letting a drunk murder someone on the way home.

Bingo.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I was on a jury that found a guy guilty of driving under the influence. That's no biggy but what was new to me, is the guy made it all the way home, was out of his car and in the house.  Sheriff had been called by someone following them and the good citizen noted the address the drunk driver went in to and passed it on to the 911 operator.

I always thought once you made it home you got away with it..........nope, not in ID.
View Quote

Substitute "drunk driving" with any other crime of the same level and the "I made it home, so I'm safe" defense doesn't work for those either.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top