[#2]
oooooohhhhh...   hock.gif
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Sweeeeeet!!!!!

Where is the calender?
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Once I got around to looking at their fingers, I noticed they both had poor trigger discipline.  

Only mentioning it because I know some folks are big on that 'round here.

Better be careful they don't have a premature discharge.   Dangerous Wemenz.  I like it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#5]
... Why not
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Will there be an ar15.com poster w/o scantily clad babes?   I can't be putting soft core pron on my walls.
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 8:43:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Will there be an ar15.com poster w/o scantily clad babes?   I can't be putting soft core pron on my walls.

Absolutely... and requests or ideas will be considered... email me directly or post in own thread instead of in this one.... who hijacked this?  

Tannerite details will be posted tomorrow... some new products as well as discount offered.

I like the sound of this!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Over the years we used tons of dynamite in the mines. We didn't have to rotate it, just used the oldest stuff first. The company would burn it after it reached a certain age. (a job I flat out refused to do). Back in the 70s we had a guy at one of the mines blew himself up someway burning the stuff.
  Also the wife and her boyfriend of a guy who worked at one of our mines in Boone County Wv.  placed 5 or 6 sticks under the seat of his truck and set it off that night as he went to work with what was said to be one of those dog shock collors, He was shot thru the roof of the truck but survived, I think they got to spend like 10-15 years locked up with Bubba.
 The stuff will give you a headache bigtime when you handle it for a while and will make you really sick when you smell the smoke where it has been shot. The stuff is safe enough but you need to use common sence when useing it.

Thats the Nitro in it.   If you're not having a heart attack, and take a Nitro pill, you will get the WORST headache imaginable.......

Can't imagine absorbing a bunch of that crap through your skin, is too good for a body.

Link Posted: 2/25/2005 2:58:09 AM EDT
[#11]
double tap
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 3:04:52 AM EDT
[#12]
So tagged...
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Will there be an AR15.com poster w/o scantily clad babes?   I can't be putting soft core pron on my walls.

Absolutely... and requests or ideas will be considered... email me directly or post in own thread instead of in this one.... who hijacked this?  

Tannerite details will be posted tomorrow... some new products as well as discount offered.

Yup I received some "new" product today.

Will be taking it out tomorrow to try it out....

Let you all know if it works well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#14]
NEAT-O!
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Thats the Nitro in it.   If you're not having a heart attack, and take a Nitro pill, you will get the WORST headache imaginable.......

When nitro was first being produced on a grand scale, didn't a lot of the workers die from
heart attacks when they retired....  hence the discovery for use as a heart medicine?

Dave
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When nitro was first being produced on a grand scale, didn't a lot of the workers die from
heart attacks when they retired....  hence the discovery for use as a heart medicine?

Dave

Well, ya got me there.......  Have no idea.
It's an extremely powerful vasodilator ( dilates or opens up the blood vessels ) though.

I don't know about them having actual heart attacks, BUT if you take a maintenance dose of nitro and stop abruptly, you CAN have very bad Angina episodes.

Angina is 'non-heart attack' chest pain.  Maybe thats where your info came from.  The pain associated with Angina can be prety nasty, so they might have thought they were having an attack.

Man, talk about a thread hijack ! haha

Link Posted: 2/25/2005 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#17]
tag-o-ramma for the Ton..   ooops Tannerite!  

<------Crap, wasted it, should have posted a pic of the 700 club
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll take some.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 2:48:40 PM EDT
[#19]
All right, it is tomorrow now!!

Where is the new Stuff?
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
All right, it is tomorrow now!!

Where is the new Stuff?

+1
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#21]
btt
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 7:31:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 8:41:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Got it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

If there's anyone who has never tried Tannerite Exploding Targets, I promise you there is no better product out there. It will add a new dimension to your shooting events, but please be safe!

... Worth repeating  

(not sure where to order, but I'll take two cases please)
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 9:37:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 9:47:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Because the Democrats and the news companies dont know about it yet.

+1. Good fuckin point
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 9:54:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Daniel@Tannerite

... Good to see getting active on the boards Dan, I hope the strength and size of ARFCOM can help keep your livelihood sustained for many years to come.

Signed,
A long time customer
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Thank you, Daniel, for your answer.

What do we, as board members, need to do to get the special deal?  do we visit your website or what.  I tried edwardavila's link, but it no worky.
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#30]
taggity-tag
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 10:09:06 PM EDT
[#31]
tag
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 11:52:17 PM EDT
[#33]
sweet
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 7:24:36 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Oh,  don't forget folks....

... it flows like water, with no caking,.. yet still has the same level of safety

… I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here Dan, but for your older compound, I use a neat trick I thought up one day shooting the stuff. I use Cab-o-Sil® (Cabosil® is an extremely fine particle size silica - silicon-dioxide / SiO2 aerogel. It is pure white and free-flowing. It contains about 94% dead air space, with a density of only 2.3 lb/cu ft.!) to prevent clogging and increases detonation yield.

… By mixing in about 33% by volume, it prevents clumping very nicely and really stretches your targets very inexpensively! (20 targets yield about 27 afterwards)
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#35]
tag for more info on the group purchase
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 8:00:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Oh,  don't forget folks....
Any member of AR15.com gets a 10% discount plus extras when they order on-line. Just shoot me an email and I'll take care of ya ;-)  This is the loudest stuff we have made, and it flows like water, with no caking,.. yet still has the same level of safety and has been approved by the CPSC (a long procedure).
 Take care,
Daniel 'boom' lol
PS,  the other invention that Ed was speaking of is top secret at the moment, and will be a short while until it's introduction.  The company who is producing it is comprised of four entities who are well known and it is truly one of the brightest inventions I have witnessed in a long time.  Wish I could toss you all a bigger bone, but my hands are tied and I'm sworn to secrecy about the entire concept until such time that the powers that be give the 'ok' to present it publicly. Suffice to say that it will be well worth the wait ;-)

waiting patiently

Link Posted: 2/27/2005 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
PS,  the other invention that Ed was speaking of is top secret at the moment, and will be a short while until it's introduction.  The company who is producing it is comprised of four entities who are well known and it is truly one of the brightest inventions I have witnessed in a long time.  Wish I could toss you all a bigger bone, but my hands are tied and I'm sworn to secrecy about the entire concept until such time that the powers that be give the 'ok' to present it publicly. Suffice to say that it will be well worth the wait ;-)

Um...   This is making me want to not buy Tannerite, and wait to see what this new invention is.

Will this new invention be completely legal like Tannerite?  

Dave
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 5:42:33 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave

I see you are in Illinois, so I can understand why you are asking.  I'm sure we'll get the legality overview for folks asking from California and New York too.

Link Posted: 2/27/2005 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
This site rocks, don't it?

Yes, yes it does!
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave

I see you are in Illinois, so I can understand why you are asking.  I'm sure we'll get the legality overview for folks asking from California and New York too.

Yes, Illinois sucks ass.  
I was considering moving to Iowa, which is only a few miles since I live on the border,
but now Iowa is looking like it is going to suck just as bad.

Wish I could find a good job in a firearm friendly state, sooner rather than later.

My father said something about me being a little "extreme", but then I pointed out that the new
bills/laws being proposed would make him a felon.  He essentially said he would have a boating
accident, but being my father's son, I asked how he could sleep at night knowing he would be illegally
possessing banned firearms.  Old timers just don't think it will ever happen, but here it is.

Guess we should keep this on topic.  Sorry for straying.  I've sent Mr. Tannerite an email
asking about payment for two cases.  I've got a range where people have used this in the past.

Dave
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/28/2005 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
It may be a while before the brainiacs go public with their invention. I shouldn't have said anything at all about it and should squelch the topic from further discussion, out of courtesy to the parties involved.  The invention, as I understand it to be, is not addressed in any state law, because the concept has never been entertained. Therefore, as we read it, it would be legal in the entire USA....until some liberal psychopath commie bastard killjoy decides to outlaw it.  Out of respect for the inventor's intellectual property rights, I'm going to say that the embodiment of the idea involves dispersing NFA tax dollars to planned parenthood clinics across the Country, and that should keep the nose of any liberal gun-grabbers sniffing in a different direction.
 Regarding moving to a more gun-friendly state..   there are a few ways of looking at it.  I don't think anyone is 'extreme' for moving to another state in order to exercise a right that is, in all reality, a birthright to all Americans.  Living in Oregon, right above California, and below Seatle,  things are getting a little stuffy around here..... and I've thought about moving somewhere with a little more breathing room as well.  I need at least 20 miles of nothing around me. Nothing but mountains, so I can continue teaching my explosives classes in peace. It can be cheaper to get active and help form pro-gun groups that can actually change the anti gun laws in a state. Some states only have bad gun laws on the books because no one has taken the initiative to eliminate the existing ones.  It's really not that hard, unless there is organized crime behind some of the existing bad laws. We hired a lobbyist this year and he took our bill to the state Capital and obtained an "LC" number for it. He then went to work finding "bill backers" and is now playing the "popularity contest" that we call politics.  It can be done with out a lobbyist, but I feel they are a necessary evil and usually worth their fees.  Get active and organized and fight them politically........ so we wont have to kill them at a later date.

Hey Dan,

Thanks for all your input and opinions.  This place gets addicting, doesn't it!

I am so excited right now....
Link Posted: 2/28/2005 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Somethings wrong when all you notice is the lack of trigger discipline!
Link Posted: 2/28/2005 10:12:17 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Because Tannerite is not a high order explosive like TNT or C-4, it is low order like black powder.

Actually, no. I believe Tannerite is a high order. Tannerite does not deflagerate like black powder or even modern smokeless powder. Tannerite detonates at an estimated 5000-7000 fps. However as Clean4Hire stated, it is binary and is not considered an explosive until mixed. And, since you're not actually manufacturing the components of the explosives and simply mixing the pre-manufactured components, it is legal. Of course, since most shooters do not have a licence, nor the facilities, to store high explosives, it must be used as soon as it is mixed.

A chemical engineers review of Tannerite binary exploding targets

Edited: Damned typos

That guy lives like 15 miles from me, but I don't know anyhting about tannerite.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 6:56:48 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
It can be cheaper to get active and help form pro-gun groups that can actually change the anti gun laws in a state. Some states only have bad gun laws on the books because no one has taken the initiative to eliminate the existing ones.  It's really not that hard, unless there is organized crime behind some of the existing bad laws. We hired a lobbyist this year and he took our bill to the state Capital and obtained an "LC" number for it. He then went to work finding "bill backers" and is now playing the "popularity contest" that we call politics.  It can be done with out a lobbyist, but I feel they are a necessary evil and usually worth their fees.  Get active and organized and fight them politically........ so we wont have to kill them at a later date.

what firearms group are you talking about?    is it an industry only one, or someone like Oregon Firearms Federation?    I wanna help !

Link Posted: 3/1/2005 7:18:39 AM EDT
[#48]
tagaroni and cheese  
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 1:56:25 PM EDT
[#50]
DanielJ

I spoke with you this afternoon, and ordered two cases. Thanks for the great ar-15 discount. I can't wait to try it out.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top