User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We should be accepting of everyone except people who joined in Nov/Dec '12 and all of '13.
View Quote

Dammit!  I thought I was finally clear of the treatment for n00bs.

I came here for the chicks...
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:14:14 PM EDT
[#2]
It doesn't have anything to do with hazing newbs.  Not much of that goes on.  It's because 87 percent of 13ers are butt darts.  Even in 2015 there will still be "fucking 13ers."
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Please forgive us.  Most of us are colossal morons who have no business at a keyboard, spewing our thought-vomit all over the web.
View Quote

OK, now here's a 13er that knows something about affecting a humble, contrite attitude. Please tell me more about how fucked up 13ers are, good sir...
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I lurked for a long time glad I joined before the 13er hate. I did panic buy a membership and NRA membership. (After panic selling a few mags)
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have made a flow chart so we can get this issue all cleared up.

View Quote

This needs to be made a sticky!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It doesn't have anything to do with hazing newbs.  Not much of that goes on.  It's because 87 percent of 13ers are butt darts.  Even in 2015 there will still be "fucking 13ers."
View Quote

Never heard that before. Perfect. If I may, the combination of two descriptors might do the 13ers justice:

Soft, watery headed butt darts.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Sadly, "13'ers" ARE generally fuck wits.. Every time I read a stupid thread, I look at the join date, it is more often than not a 13'er.
Now I know how Bill Cosby feels.

sincerely,
the guy who asked how to check the twist rate of a barrel, and posted a picture of a sonic foot long chili dog as a dinner pic.

edit: add gif
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:41:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It is told,

On the minute of 12:01, on the first of January, in the year of our Arfcom two thousand and fourteen, a man of great wisdom shall appear with a post count of one; and he shall call to the heavens and Earth, and to GD;

"Behold!, GD, for I offer you salvation!  I am of leopards and fives!  I am the _A and the TSX.  I have supped upon the holy wine of Dura, and EXPerienced the eighty seven maidens of my day.  I am the one who settles the quarrels of vagrants!

Brothers of the year of thirteen, repent! And be silent! And salvation shall be yours!"

And he will be spat upon and called Familiar, and he will be shunned, and GD will forever plunge into darkness.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see much dislike for them on GD.  Everyone was a newbie here in the past.  Should we not be accepting to all those that come in here??  Can't we just all get along???

I agree... the "new guy" bashing should absolutely cease and desist on 1 January.

It is told,

On the minute of 12:01, on the first of January, in the year of our Arfcom two thousand and fourteen, a man of great wisdom shall appear with a post count of one; and he shall call to the heavens and Earth, and to GD;

"Behold!, GD, for I offer you salvation!  I am of leopards and fives!  I am the _A and the TSX.  I have supped upon the holy wine of Dura, and EXPerienced the eighty seven maidens of my day.  I am the one who settles the quarrels of vagrants!

Brothers of the year of thirteen, repent! And be silent! And salvation shall be yours!"

And he will be spat upon and called Familiar, and he will be shunned, and GD will forever plunge into darkness.

This is one of the funniest things I've read here and I'm bumping just to give someone else the chance.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:44:59 PM EDT
[#9]
We're just too hip, hop, and happening for everyone else.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:27:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I love reading posts from members who joined in 2010 and 2011 complaining about 13ers. 2009ers saying "fuck arock". Pretty soon a 12er will be along to tell us about McUzi.

I miss the days when general firearm discussion wasnt buried in the armory and was more active than GD but those were the days before arfcom became a "lifestyle portal" and was actually about firearms. No religion forum, no car forum, no survival fiction faggotry.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 1:19:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Nuff said...

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 2:43:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I think the flood of 12's and 13's were mostly brought on from Sandy Hook and the panic.

Lot's and lot's of threads popping of questions that seemed pretty basic, like they were guys who wanted an AR15 because of a "ban", typed it into Google, which led them here so they got an account.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 2:57:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Basically like seniors picking on freshmen in high school. Internet is no different.
/thread
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 3:12:33 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm touching myself thinking of all the people in this thread that are more awesome than me.

yeah.....

so hawt...

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 3:22:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I see much dislike for them on GD.  Everyone was a newbie here in the past.  Should we not be accepting to all those that come in here??  Can't we just all get along???
View Quote

Is your kid a 13'er? I'd be fine with him, if that as the case. What's his screen name?

The mass influx of trolls surfing in on the '13 wave, were a hearty crew of  life long  "short bus riders."  Bless their hearts.

YMMV
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 3:26:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This year's class seems to be the worst so far ...

Add in the political climate and people get fedup
View Quote

+1

There are maybe a handful that are worth a damn, but the rest are drooling retards.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 3:35:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

From a fellow '13er...

...get over it. Put your big boy boots on and man up. GD ain't no place for the sensitive types.

ETA: Sigh, I need more coffee. OP ain't a 13'er...or IS he?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From a fellow '13er...

...get over it. Put your big boy boots on and man up. GD ain't no place for the sensitive types.

ETA: Sigh, I need more coffee. OP ain't a 13'er...or IS he?

This.  I've been on here due to my brothers getting me into it long ago.  However I did to get an account until 2013 because I was more the "gather information" type than the "post dinner pics" type.... Hence the reason I never created my own account.  With all the trolls it's a good way to make sure someone isn't just a short lived panic member.  The sooner you realize that and accept the stigmata, the better off it will be.  Now go put on a tinfoil hat, get your favorite FO gun and hop in the shower!
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 3:38:22 AM EDT
[#18]
People with a 12 date try way to hard to pick on 13'ers.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 3:43:29 AM EDT
[#19]
They think we're all just uneducated, Johnny-come-latelys who never bought a gun until Sandy Hook.

I suspect most 13ers have, like myself, been lurking here and reading these forums for many, many years. I just created an account this year because I had a question about an AR build.

Funny, I've been a member of many on-line forums like afrcom for 15+ years now and I've never seen newbies treated like this on any other forum (music, sports, etc.)

But that's cool. Just roll with the punches. Self-deprecating humor tends to diffuse a lot of situations like this. We'll probably always be treated with a little bit of disdain, but I'm not going to let that run me off.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 3:51:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have made a flow chart so we can get this issue all cleared up.

https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1385783_382617658538591_1554411055_n.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:25:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This.  I've been on here due to my brothers getting me into it long ago.  However I did to get an account until 2013 because I was more the "gather information" type than the "post dinner pics" type.... Hence the reason I never created my own account.  With all the trolls it's a good way to make sure someone isn't just a short lived panic member.  The sooner you realize that and accept the stigmata, the better off it will be.  Now go put on a tinfoil hat, get your favorite FO gun and hop in the shower!
View Quote

Where did the term "Fo" come from?
Who was Dave_A and why is he so reviled? (Seriously, the guy is like a fucking ARFCOM boogeyman and people who never locked horns with him talk of him in hushed tones)
Who was AROCK and what did he do?
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:35:05 AM EDT
[#22]
It's not a sin to be ignorant. It's not a sin to be a noob.

But, if you're an ignorant noob, you should keep your mouth shut and try to learn a little before arguing with guys who know their shit.

Many 13ers are loud and dumb. I'm sure there are many 13ers who are not.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:45:52 AM EDT
[#23]
13ers 12ers 11ers 10ers 09ers 08ers............are usually on their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th return.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
13ers 12ers 11ers 10ers 09ers 08ers............are usually on their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th return.
View Quote

Which are you on?
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:38:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So what you're saying is that 13ers alone are responsible for half of all retardation found on this site?

I think I'd have to agree with you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like a bunch of koolaid to me.  Half the retarded posts I have seen come from non 13'rs, and this comes from someone that has been lurking without an account for years.

So what you're saying is that 13ers alone are responsible for half of all retardation found on this site?

I think I'd have to agree with you.

I'm good with that number.

10+ years of members making up half of the stupidity and the rest being picked up by 1 year
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:56:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Because their dogs are fat.*

*With apologies to Sylvan.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top