Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:03:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I walked away from drinking in 1993, I did it on my own, and I dont miss it one bit
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#2]
No drink, No smoke

My guns get plenty drink (CLP) and smoke (ammo)
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I have not had a beer in 4 months. I don't really have a choice though. I'm deployed to Iraq and I'm kinda glad we can't drink because there is no telling what some of these retards I'm deployed with would pull if they could get drunk.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:22:11 PM EDT
[#4]
never have, probably never will
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm never drinking again after last night

+1
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:53:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't drink any alcohol at all--except for medicine and communion.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:14:52 AM EDT
[#7]
"I feel sorry for people that don't drink, because when they get up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day. "

Edit to add:  Like a lot of things, moderation is the key.  I rarely get tanked any more, but I do have a few beers on the weekend with my buddies.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:02:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Never started, family full of alcoholics, didn't want history to repeat itself again.

Pretty much everyone I know or hang out with drinks, I've never felt the need.

Free of all other drugs too.

My dad drank heavily when I was young.  Abused mom too.  Taught us there is no God.

So when I grew up, I did exactly the opposite.  Don't drink and became a christian.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:06:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I am 24.5 and I have never drank before. I just dont see any point in drinking and after seeing all the shit faced soldiers on the weekends, it just grosses me out now.

We need a poll.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:08:52 AM EDT
[#10]

I had two drinks about two months ago when I went out with some guys I work with.  Before that, it had been about three years.  I just never really developed a taste for it.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:31:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Age 34. Never had it, never will. Alcoholism runs in my family and I will not risk it.

same here.
i am a gym addict though.
you trade one addiction for another
afterall we have the inherited trait of an addict
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:59:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Been a tee-totaller for 28 years now....
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:04:52 AM EDT
[#13]
28 years old.  No idea what it tastes like.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:10:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:12:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I dont either. I am actually alergic to it. I used to try but I could never drink enough to get a buzz before I started to feel like ass. Yes I have some asian genes in the wood pile somewhere. I think I am like 1/32nd ot 1/64th something like that. Its just not worth feeling like ass.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:25:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Almost 23 years old........I never started drinking so I never had to stop.

I'm not sure why I never got into it.  My older brother and my dad both drink beer regularly but I never liked the taste and the idea of not having control of myself if taken too far

Plus, not drinking gives me extra money for ammo

+1 My dad was a big drinker. He has always made poor decisions, though if you asked him he'd tell you he's a very intelligent and smart guy with common sense. So one weekend my little brother and I (I was probably 19-20 and he was 16 or so) go to spend the weekend with him at his house (parents divorced since we were kids). He kept bugging us to, so we obliged. That Saturday night, he decides to go out to the bar drinking instead of staying at home to spend time with us. What happens on the way home? He gets pulled over for having his brights on and gets charged with DUI. To make matters worse, he has no license. His license expired and he hadn’t renewed it in 15 years!! Automatic felony. He does 4 months in the county jail and is on probation and had to give me his guns. This all just reinforced what I already knew. Drinking in large amounts is just plain stupid.

I have never drank much since my first drinking experience when I was 16. The first time I had a considerable amount of alcohol I went overboard and puked in my sleep and was drunk the next morning and had alcohol poisoning. I puked all day. The most I have ever had at one time since then was a rum and coke and a margarita at a Christmas party. I don’t think I’ve had a drink for about a year now. I just don’t have the desire or see the point. Drinking adds up in expenditures of cash and it can get you in trouble when you drive or your behavior changes for the worse.

I went to a sports bar with some coworkers and they were all trying to pressure me to have some alcohol. I just don’t fucking get it. Why? Why the fuck can’t people accept that I don’t drink? I’m not a prude (I will have a drink on a rare occasion) or scared I’ll go overboard again. It’s just not my thing. I'm 24 for what it's worth. I don't smoke and I've never done drugs.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:46:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Don't drink, don't plan on starting.

My religious beliefs and the fact that both grandfathers were raging alcoholics was enough for me.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:56:30 AM EDT
[#18]
never drank
never will
never saw any benefit to it
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You'll start seeing people from Utah responding very shortly.

Checking in.

Actually I'm from California and moved to Utah after age 21.

Never tried liquor and don't care to.  Besides my religious convictions, my family has a history of alcoholism, so I have several reasons to never get into alcoholic beverages.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:09:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I have never had an interest in drinking alcohol.  I also happen to be underage, so it is safe to say that I don't drink.  Heck, I've never even had a sip of the stuff.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Never had a drink of alcohol in my life.  Won't start either.  I can't stand the smell of the stuff so I can't imagine the taste.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#22]
After a 1-year stint at Kunsan Air Base in the ROK in 1988, I could really care less about alcohol.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm 34 years old now, & I gave up drinking on new years day, 2000, and I still have no desire to drink.
I didn't like the way it made me feel while drinking, and or the day after.  No mater the amount.
I never had a drinking problem either, but I definitely liked to drink in my last year of high school, college years, and after.  
Went thru a change in tastes during 94 and started drinking heavier beers.  
Guiness was my favorite and would be my choice if I had a beer some night out in the future.  
I think I'd prefer red wine though over the Guiness actually, if offered the choice & was in the mood for some mind altering.
Probably would only take one Guiness to mess me up now.  geeez, never thought I'd be here. oh well. No loss at all.

M4-CQBR
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I was on a Canine unit in Dallas 93-97, and when the pager would go off at 1am on Sat morning, I'd probably had a few beers by then, and had to report late. Although this was acceptable, as we didn't want alcohol to play a part in our deployment for OBVIOUS reasons, I hated not deploying. I quit and never looked back. Found the focus level increased, and my attitude improved. I used to think that opening of dove season noon headaches were from gunfire...Actually, it was the Shiner Bock at 7am!  Y'all drink, I'll drive!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#25]

i'm feast or famine.

when i drink, i drink like it's about to be outlawed. when i don't drink, i'll go 6-8 months without touching a drop of alcohol.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't have it around the house, don't drink it with restaurant meals, don't go to bars, for all practical purposes I am dry.  I don't care for beer, but do enjoy hard cider, and might have one or two bottles a year on a camping trip.  My wife doesn't drink at all - her father was an alcoholic when she was young.  He wasn't abusive or anything, and is dry now, but the environment left a pretty strong impression on her, and she won't touch alcoholic beverages.

Yes I have been drunk enough in a bar to not be able to see straight - once - decided it was stupid to give up the ability to see what the hell was going on around me while in a not so great environment.

Edit - I'm 25 years old.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't, but I'm not overwhelmingly against it. I'm 26, BTW.

I never liked beer or spirits, just wine. I was one of the first in my year at school to drive, and so I was always driving my underage friends everywhere. When the legal limit is 0.02 for new drivers, you just don't drink. Petrol cost money, so I couldn't afford to buy grog anyway. I got sick of watching my friends get hammered and act like idiots, and then came "The Christmas party". I was at a work Christmas party at the end of highschool, and the wine was on the house (The company ended up drinking $30k of alcohol that night, and made everyone buy tickets to subsequent Christmas parties). 11 glasses of white and a couple of red later, I was up on the roof with my best friend's girlfriend (who was half trashed hereself) telling her that I was madly in love with her, but didn't want to hurt my girlfriend's feelings. Nothing actually happened, except that she went and told EVERYONE about it and ruined just about every highschool friendship I had. Now I'll have the occasional glass of wine at dinners with friends, but I don't have any in the house, and will go months without one. It just gives me sinus these days anyway unless its REALLY good wine.

My FIL kept trying to get me to drink fo the longest time, then had to give up drinking himself for medical reasons. He say that he's never felt better.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#28]
The last time I made a fool of myself in front of my kids and wife because I was drunk was 1988.  Been dry since then, been a fool for other reasons.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't drink or smoke
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Family is a bunch of alcoholics, no need for one more.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:32:31 PM EDT
[#31]
No alcohol consumption here
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Don't see much practicality in it. Plus it seems to go against a readiness mindset, especially when overused.
I don't drink and probably never will.

I am 22 yo.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:05:21 PM EDT
[#33]
It's just about run its course with me.
I have been a HEAVY drinker since working for Dell... and even after I left the habit still followed.

I am half-catholic on my dad's side, so I am going to give it up for lint to see how that goes. I'm not a full-blown, can't hold a job, constantly hurting people alcoholic, but I do know at 34 there are smarter things that I could be doing with my free time.

Money and health concerns are the main reasons that I want to cut back for a while.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#34]
I drank myself into wrecking my stomach. For a few months earlier in college I would drink vodka on an empty stomach so I would get drunk faster.

Its easy not to drink, everytime I do it hurts like hell.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Every once in a while I'll have a beer or 12 2
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#38]
I plead the Fifth.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
36 and never had an alcoholic drink ever.

How about a Big Mac?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Nary a drop. Not drinking in college=plenty of time to post on Arfcom, as social interactions amongst my peers are predicated on intoxication.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#41]
I think I'll quit.  The stuff keeps me awake.  

Odd considering coffee puts me to sleep.

I don't drink much anymore, but the few I do have gives me the morning brain fuzz and congestion.  Screw that.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm only 19, thus, not old enough to (legally) drink. So I don't. I don't think I will, even when I'm of age. My parents were alcoholics during my early childhood. I don't even want there to be a remote chance of putting my kids through that.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Im sorry I spilt my beer, what was the question?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Back in the school daze, the weekends was party time. Then one day I just got tired of it. That was over fifteen years ago, haven't had a drink since.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#45]
I drink maybe 2 times a year and at most it's a can of beer, rum and coke or shot of whiskey.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#46]
I don’t drink any alcohol either - now don’t laugh too hard - my drinking honestly started to decline soon after I got married, and within 3 years of being married, I had all but given it up completely, simply because I no longer considered the buzz to be worth the hang overs or DUI risks.  And of course, I began working about 12 hours a day, too, which leaves little time for drinking on the weekends, especially when you’re scambling to just get the underwear washed and a little shooting in.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quit for my birthday last December, just because. Cold turkey and have lost 15 lbs. since.

For my 40th birthday this December, I plan to start taking saxophone lessons.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Good to see so many people living clean
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:29:38 AM EDT
[#49]
I never got started, nor do I ever intend to.

-James
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:36:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Me. Never have, never will.
Page / 4
Top Top