Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:53:09 PM EDT
[#1]
The Quay in Marathon Key, Florida. Not the snooty upscale restaurant, but the little shack behind it on the water. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Dave Thomas's place, Wendys.  

R.I.P Dave.    

Good burgers & fries.  

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Whataburger

whataburger,

roy's big burger (almost the same as a whataburger)

and

5 guys
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Four Winds Restaurant..."Ranger Burger", in Cusseta/Buena Vista, GA..

The best thing for a hungry Ranger School graduate, just down the road fom Camp Darby.

I've gt to PT twice as hard for a week to keep one of things from making my old bones even fatter!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:00:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
e) none of the above

The best burgers are made at a privately owned drive-in in my hometown. Fresh chuck, ground daily. Says right on the menu board if you want it cooked well down you have to ask for it. They've been in business for 50+ yrs. So there's plenty of others who agree with me.

Plus they have their own onion ring batter receipe and hand dip their own rings. They're usually sold out of rings by 6:00-7:00 at night.

Would that be the old Red Top burger?  We used to eat those back in the early 80's when we would visit Colorado Springs.  

My vote is a Sonic Cheeseburger with mustard (formely known as a #2 with cheese).
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Steak and Shake!  God I miss good burgers right now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Personnally. I have lived in TX, CA, and LA. Been in WA, NYC, FL, VA. Out of all these places best burger is In and Out Burgers. A double double animal styles is by far the best in this country as far as I am concerned.

IN-OUT BURGER RULES
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You put in White Castle but not Krystal.  Why?

Because Krystal are not much more than a regional knock-off of the original White Castle?

When did the first White Castle open?

A few years before the first Krystal.  

I looked it up a few years ago in a similar debate, so I'm pretty sure about it.  I believe that Whiteys are in fact one of the very first fast-food burger chains in the U.S., and were very efficient at making burgers.  They used the square patty, and the holes to make it more efficient to make more burgers at once.

I'm not saying that Krystal suck or anything, just making the point that they are White Castle knockoffs.

Since the wife and I have a house in St. Louis (White Castle country) and a house in Nashville (Krystal country), I have most definitely tried both, and in my opinion, Whiteys are definetely better.  

But, both are great, no doubt about it.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Okay - I'm so anal that I looked it up.  

White Castle was founded in 1921

Krystal was founded in 1932 - and just happen to look exactly like White Castle.  On Krystal's webpage, they brag about being the second-oldest fast food franchise in the U.S., but somehow neglect to mention who the oldest is.  Wonder why.     I also like how they talk about how "distinctive" their burgers are.  

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#10]
In my opinion:

Culvers=best
In and Out next, and below that it matters little as they're all about the same.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#11]
The now closed Carey's on Cobb Pkwy was still the best.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#12]
In-n-out Double-Double with cheese
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Personnally. I have lived in TX, CA, and LA. Been in WA, NYC, FL, VA. Out of all these places best burger is In and Out Burgers. A double double animal styles is by far the best in this country as far as I am concerned.

Hate to say it. but the double double animal style I had in LA 2 years ago was the most memorable in quite a while.   +1

Chris
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#15]
BRAUM'S
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:15:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The Vortex- Atlanta/Little 5 Points

img210.imageshack.us/img210/5965/l5p01a3gy.jpg

What was the name of that pizza shop just down the street? The one with all the comics on the walls...
They had awesome meatball subs! We'd eat there all the time before going to shows at the Masquerade.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whataburger

With jalapenos, bacon, cheese...

+1
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What was the name of that pizza shop just down the street? The one with all the comics on the walls...
They had awesome meatball subs! We'd eat there all the time before going to shows at the Masquerade.

or

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:29:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You left out the best

IN-N-OUT

+1
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#21]
WHITE CASTLE??????

you sick mofos
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I like Burger King but thier fries suck so I dont go there unless I got a coupon.

The BA burger at Krystal is pretty good, but not that much for the money.

Wendys overall for food.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#23]
fast-food:
Whataburger

Since some people are naming local joints:
Herd Burger Jacksboro, Texas
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:40:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Wendys SUCKS

Burger King SUCKS

HARDEES!

+1 (though I can eat Wendy's)
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

img236.imageshack.us/img236/7913/logo4uz.gif

or

img153.imageshack.us/img153/6721/melpaper1xx9xn.jpg

Savage Pizza, that's it!

I really miss that town sometimes...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Damn, I can't believe I forgot one of the greats - I'd probably put 'em ahead of Whataburger just on ghetto factor alone-

Griff's

Yup, they're still around here and there! I can't believe I've been gone so long I forgot about Griff's...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#27]
I like Jack in the box.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:24:23 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Actually, the best fast food hamburgers are in NE and IA are from a small chain called RUNZA.  Damn good burgers made from fresh hamburger...never frozen.

Runza

<drool>  

They don't quite beat Mac's DriveIn in McCook, Nebr. but their Runza's Swiss Mushroom Burger can't be beat. I've got to have one or three anytime I'm near a Runza.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:31:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
e) none of the above

The best burgers are made at a privately owned drive-in in my hometown. Fresh chuck, ground daily. Says right on the menu board if you want it cooked well down you have to ask for it. They've been in business for 50+ yrs. So there's plenty of others who agree with me.

Plus they have their own onion ring batter receipe and hand dip their own rings. They're usually sold out of rings by 6:00-7:00 at night.

Would that be the old Red Top burger?  We used to eat those back in the early 80's when we would visit Colorado Springs.  

My vote is a Sonic Cheeseburger with mustard (formely known as a #2 with cheese).

Nope. See above post.

At Burger King I get a Bacon Dbl. Cheeseburger. At Sonic it's the Super Sonic with Jalopenos and mustard.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:35:32 AM EDT
[#30]
To Quote the Beatie Boys:  "WHITE CASTLE FRIES ONLY COME IN ONE SIZE"

Best Hamburger i Houston is the Tailgate Bar and Grill or Rachels- a courthouse dive.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:37:47 AM EDT
[#31]
In N Out
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:00:32 AM EDT
[#32]
I make the best hamburgers in the world. Out of the choices in the poll. Steak&Shake.

AB

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:04:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Me. I've never had one out somewhere that I couldn't top at home with my grill.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:16:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Kewpee's
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:16:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Red Robin.

Bacon, cheese, fried egg.........
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:23:29 AM EDT
[#36]
I travel all over this country working for Platt and then Carly's professional services division... the best burgers are In-n-Out, hands-down, for all chains. There are some awesome single joints that have real steak burgers unlike Steak-n-Shake (which are good, btw).
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:30:09 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Is that the one on Woodward in Birmingham?  I have been there many a time...  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:33:04 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Here in th NW we have

Burgerville

For fast food they are the best.
Raise their own beef.

for u anal types who like a link   http://www.burgerville.com/bv.html

Way better than any national brand.  I refuse to eat at ANY national brand if there is a Burgerville within 40 miles.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:34:02 AM EDT
[#39]
What-A-Burger is da best fastfood burger, ever!

As for local non fast food joints, well....Hole In The Wall made a great burger, and so does Walt Garrison joint in Downtown Dallas.  I wanna try Purdy's in Addisson.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:34:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Whataburger is pretty decent, so is In-n-Out, and Sonic, and well several of the big chains offer a decent burger. My fav "big buck" burger is Fudruckers!! My fav burger from a "mom-n-pop" place was Red and White, just off State Street in Madison, WI. They're out of business now, but back when I was in college those burgers were awesome.

eta - I also agree with Culver's making a decent burger. Also another place in Madison that I used to eat was Steven's Bar & Grill just off East Washington. Excellent burgers!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:34:41 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Round the Corner

Where? I don't know of any in the Denver area.

I like Red Robin & Fuddruckers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
fuddruckershamburgers.com/fuddruckers_pictures/Fuddruckers-logo.jpg

Nuff Said

OH HELL YEAH!

I used to eat at the original FUDDRUCKERS in San Antone regularly!

+++++
I actually like Hardees.

Backyard Burgers are pretty damn good too for fast food!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Wendys SUCKS

Burger King SUCKS

HARDEES!

+1 those are good burgers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#44]
I chose Steak'n'Shake on the poll, but if I had to say where the BEST burgers are:

Fudruckers!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top