Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey, ETH, can you do that without my permission? [;)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Post from Citabria7GCBC -
Houston TX SIR! oh ya, i can drive and fly. i need to get more cross country time in anyway.
View Quote

Now [u]that[/u] is way too cool!

If you can fly in, just land at the Quanah, Texas airport and we'll pick you up there.

It's only about 12 miles from my farm!

I can guaran-damn-tee you that you will have a blast!

If you need someone to fly with you, they're invited, too!

Eric The(EagerToPlease)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

for now i need to prob. take my instructor on that long of a flight.  i do have my solo, and i am getting ready to get my private check ride and written out of the way.  but, it wouldnt hurt to bring a more expeiranced person with me if i do fly.  but all that is just a maybe.  all i need to know about the shoot is, Where(directions if i have to drive) , when, what i need to bring and time to be there etc.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Citabria7GCBC -
all i need to know about the shoot is, Where(directions if i have to drive) , when, what i need to bring and time to be there etc.
View Quote

Stay tuned to this post. If it gets moved to the Events and Meetings Forum, I'll leave a message on the General Discussion Board!

Look at all the previous posts to give you an idea of what you might need.

What would you bring with you if it were 1885 in Texas?

That should get you started!

Eric The(LookingForwardToOurMini-BRC)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Post from rainman -
Hey, ETH, can you do that without my permission?
View Quote

No way! I would [u]always[/u] ask your permission first.

Especially since your little thread has started such a great response and outpouring of LOVE for the Great State Of Texas!

And most especially (is that good English? Nah!) because you can torpedo the whole thread with the flick of your wrist!

Eric The(Insufferable)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What would you bring with you if it were 1885 in Texas?
View Quote

Hmm.. 1885 in Texas... I guess I would bring my hover-board (floating skateboard), my flying Delorian, and Mr. Fusion as my fuel source...
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Oops, I guess some of us have been watching a rerun or two of 'Back To The Future', eh?

Well, if you've got something like that, bring it.

Eric The(Please!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I have not read or seen any of the TxAss posts but myself and friends will remain in the Hills of Arkansas.
I would prefer to hide like a Rat than give up my area.
cpermd
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#9]
EricThe[Polite]Hun, Move me, the pleasure is all mine.[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 6:02:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Post from [b]ilikelegs[/b] -
Eric, Did you get my IM I sent you?
View Quote

Yes, indeed. I thought I answered it on the last page, or so.

Now that I checked, I thought you were talking about the battery powered fan on the IM, but now I see - it's OK for you to have started this ball rolling.

I'm hip to it! As you youngsters say.

Eric The(OldFuddyDuddy)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Post from cpermd -
I have not read or seen any of the TxAss posts but myself and friends will remain in the Hills of Arkansas.
View Quote

I don't blame you! I'd be hiding out in Blanchard Springs Cavern or thereabouts!

But what's with this TxAss remark? That ain't very neighborly!
I would prefer to hide like a Rat than give up my area.
View Quote

Well, to each his own, I always say.[:D]

Eric The(BetterALiveRat,ISuppose)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Them damn texicans.......AT it AGAIN!!!!............[spank]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#13]
this question is totally off the subject, but how do i get a picture under my name on the left of the page? EXAMPLE:  ETH's ETH cartoon pic under his name.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oops, I guess some of us have been watching a rerun or two of 'Back To The Future', eh?

Well, if you've got something like that, bring it.

Eric The(Please!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Sure, I'll bring that stuff. No problem. Just hope the Delorian gets back from the repair shop before the TX-BRC at Rancho De Hun (I left my hover-board inside it).... Anyone have any Pizza tablets that enlarge to a full-52" pizza? I'm all out.

By the way-- where can you buy REAL MREs (the military version that comes in the dark plastic bag, with TP, candy, coffee, etc.). I have 1 left from ROTC (didn't want to eat it), and have a friend who would like to try various ones...
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 6:31:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Post from Energizer -
By the way-- where can you buy REAL MREs (the military version that comes in the dark plastic bag, with TP, candy, coffee, etc.). I have 1 left from ROTC (didn't want to eat it), and have a friend who would like to try various ones...
View Quote

I always bought mine at gun shows, which may not be the very best place - think 'freshness.'

At the militaria shows you can pick up MREs from other countries. I've always heard the French MREs were very good!

At least that's what my German friends told me![:D]

You can also try the US Cavalry catalogues, etc.

Eric The(Hungry)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

3)No cover. ex: No moutains or thick forests.

View Quote

This is just asinine.  I'm glad you admit a little further down the page that you've never been to Texas.  I apologize if someone else has already schooled you, I don't have time to read all 7 pages of this topic right now.

Texas DOES have thick forests.  The east part of the state is covered with timber, and has a thriving logging business.

Texas DOES have mountains, although they're on the west side of the state... which is about as far from the timber as the west coast is in the other direction.

Texas also has:

Large areas of swampland
Large areas of desert
Large areas of prairie
Large areas of coastal prairie
Large areas of plains

I know I'm forgetting something here, but Texas is not like what you've seen in old John Wayne movies.

(Edited to appease the board-code Nazis)
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Remember when thinking about the size of Texas that in Texarkana you're closer to Chicago than El Paso.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Id say Montana. Lots of natural cover. Not too awful far from canada. Lots of animals to hunt. And they say that if you want to disappear then you should go to Montana. I live in an area where I appreciate LOTS of forest and mountains and rolling hills.

I don't have any problem with texas. Its just that if you are planning on hiding from the bad guys there then you should remember what happend to the Iraqis in desert storm. NOWHERE for them to hide. On the other hand someone in Montana would be able to hide very well. As bad as it may seem we should learn a lesson from the VC in vietnam. natural cover and hiding places = survival. Everything else is a mute point.

end of story.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Man what started as a bug out thread turned into the "Texas Dream Shoot". ETH have you had these lil events at your ranch before????
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Eric[>]:)]  Well you know when south America and Cuba come up from the south-east to confront you ,You guys can always fall back and myself,ben001,csperm and others that stayed to confront the attach will have your six covered!

And subsailor will be here also to welcome you to the neutral zone(after the 1/2 life DU wears off from tinker)

All in fun ,I saw A crimson and cream bumper sticker that said(WE don't brake for longhorns,unless they be steers)  

Bob   [8D]              [50]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I don't have any problem with Texas. Its just that if you are planning on hiding from the bad guys there then you should remember what happend to the Iraqis in desert storm. NOWHERE for them to hide. On the other hand someone in Montana would be able to hide very well. As bad as it may seem we should learn a lesson from the VC in vietnam. natural cover and hiding places = survival. Everything else is a mute point.

end of story.
View Quote

I plan on hiding WITH the bad guys in Texas.  [X]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:11:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Post from Tonys68l36 -
Man what started as a bug out thread turned into the "Texas Dream Shoot". ETH have you had these lil events at your ranch before????
View Quote

As recently as May 3-4-5! Eight of us out there! A fine time was had by all!

There's as fine as dining out there as you can find in Dallas - [b]'Down Home Bakery'[/b] in nearby Chillicothe comes to mind. We ate there [u]twice[/u], by popular demand!

Here's one of our members shooting tracers from his M-4 at a target 300 yards away just a little after sunset:
[img]http://webpages.charter.net/jeff.hoeft/farm/Tracer4.jpg[/img]

And [u]hitting[/u] the target (a four foot steel tank), as well!

For more on our little trip, see:[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=113820[/url]

Eric The(Happy)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:28:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Well, well, well, looks like I may get a second shot to view the world famous ETH farm. [:)] I am in.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 7:12:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Any idea on a specific date?
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 8:05:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Any idea on a specific date?
View Quote

Eric mentioned June 15-16 or June 22-23.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 8:27:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Post from lordtrader -
Well, well, well, looks like I may get a second shot to view the world famous ETH farm.  I am in.
View Quote

Of course you are in.

There is no way for you to escape this time!

Don't make us come looking for you!

Link Posted: 5/23/2002 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#28]
count me in too please. i just need the information.  when you get all the details, can you e-mail me please?  thanks.  OH BOY OH BOY tracers look cool!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 8:44:11 AM EDT
[#29]
You're in, my friend!

Yes, tracers do look cool!

Eric The(SeeYouThere!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 8:46:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:00:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#32]
[b]mojo[/b], I tried to e-mail you, but it got returned! Call me at my cell number.

You do remember my cell number, don't you?[:D]

Eric The(UZIBarrelIsIn)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Post from lordtrader -
Well, well, well, looks like I may get a second shot to view the world famous ETH farm.  I am in.
View Quote

Of course you are in.

There is no way for you to escape this time!

Don't make us come looking for you!

View Quote

Oh don't do that!!! A whole bunch of southern white men looking for a yankee minority may be mis construed as some other kind of party [:D] ROFLMAO [:D]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#35]
I'll try to get a kitchen pass when you set a firm date. Sounds like too much fun!
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:35:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Post from lordtrader -
A whole bunch of southern white men looking for a yankee minority may be mis construed as some other kind of party
View Quote

Why, Son? Have y'all been messing around with our womenfolk [u]again[/u]?

Eric The(YouSayDifferent)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#37]
My brother just called and wants in. He hasn't had a chance to shoot much since he was discharged from the Army after 8 years. He was a Bradley driver and then transitioned to MP's. He is now in school in Pittsburgh PA, and is coming to New Mexico to visit his big brother and is now wanting to go to the ETH Farm shoot!
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Hun says 'Come, O Brother of Wiggy'!

Eric The(Ain'tIAGreatGuy,Huh?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 10:00:34 AM EDT
[#39]
hello all...HUNny, if I could just make a suggestion.....please let us go and shoot on June 15-16. I will be in toronto on the next possible date. What do you need for a bribe?
And once again----what were we fighting about last month? "natural blonde"
Really seriously---I need to expend some rounds
and so does Psyren......
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Hi [b]hound[/b]!

'Natural blonde'? Doesn't ring a bell with me, either.

I'm not even going to vote on which weekend, as any weekend is good for me.

But the others should take everyone's schedule into consideration when making the selection of which weekend!

Eric The(NaturallyBlonde)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#41]
ETC i think you should maybe look at the availible dates and post a new topic with a poll.  list the dates on the poll and everyone can then vote.  one w/ most votes wins for the weekend to have the shoot. or somthing like that.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#42]
I think wiggy762 is doing that even now!

But watch it, someone might move that thread to the 'Events and Meetings' Forum!

But good idea!

Eric The(Helpful)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Eric...the phrase natural blonde refers to me and my lose of short and middle and long term memory..
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 10:40:43 AM EDT
[#44]
So there's three guys hangin' steel in the City.  Mexican, Irishman and a blonde.  Each guy gets the same lunch every day.  Mexican guy gets a burrito, redhair gets corn beef and the blonde guy gets ham and cheese.  After a while they get so tired of eating the same thing they promise to jump off the building if they don't get something different to eat.  Next day they open their pails and the Mexican guy's got enchiladas, Irish guy's got hash but the blonde guy's got ham and cheese again.  That's it! the blonde guy says and takes a 20 story dive.  After the funeral his friends go up to his wife and ask why she wouldn't fix him something different.  She looks at them like they're crazy and says "He makes his own lunch."

[:D][:D][:D]

*Edited to add a laugh track.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
[b]Citabria7GCBC:[/b]

Where you living, Son?

Of course, I'd love for you to come to my place for a weekend shoot!

You can damn well shoot anything in our arsenal.

And we gotta pretty good arsenal, eh boyz?

Now, I suggested October to Arock, but he said that if there was enough interest to do it in June, we should consider it.

Well we're considering it.

Let's hear from one and all!

Eric The(Hospitable)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

I vote fall - isn't DonR supposed to be setting up something then?  I planned on coming down then.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[b]Citabria7GCBC:[/b]

Where you living, Son?

Of course, I'd love for you to come to my place for a weekend shoot!

You can damn well shoot anything in our arsenal.

And we gotta pretty good arsenal, eh boyz?

Now, I suggested October to Arock, but he said that if there was enough interest to do it in June, we should consider it.

Well we're considering it.

Let's hear from one and all!

Eric The(Hospitable)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

I vote fall - isn't DonR supposed to be setting up something then?  I planned on coming down then.
View Quote

you can come on down more than once ya know!!![;D]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 2:03:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone want to carpool and/or caravan to Rancho de ETH?

(from N. Dallas area)
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

(from N. Dallas area)
View Quote

I'm up for it, as long as you don't mind senseless and pointless boring conversation.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

(from N. Dallas area)
View Quote

I'm up for it, as long as you don't mind senseless and pointless boring conversation.
View Quote

ok-- as long as its not mid-june, but late june, early july.

So... you are saying you are bringing the GF?
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#50]
seriously tho. were talking hiding out. surviving. texas is too open. why do you think the volunteers lost the battle of the alamo? they were surrounded,cut off and could be easily pounded by enemy artillary from long range. I don't mean to touch any vains with texans here, but those volunteers made a very bad tactical decision when they decided to hole up in that building. to the south is mexico with plenty of mexicans willing to join the enemy and win back texas,nevada ect ect. to the west is the ocean which is a fine landing place for enemy marines ect. and its to easy to get blocked in. Anyone whos grown of in the mountains like I have knows that if you choose a place with TRUE natural cover then "head for the hills" is akin to disappearing completely.

eric robert rudolf has evaded the feds for years now. He disappeared in the mountains of NC and although he is probably long gone now he used the natural cover to his advantage to "disappear" If hed been in texas then hed probably be in prison right now. or even dead.

This si not about state traditions and state pride. its about surviving. If the Sh^t really hit the fan then id be more than willing to leave the mountains here that could hide me so well to go to a place like montana where id cease to exist to the rest of the world.

maybe some of you harkan back to your ancestors dying bravely do defend texas or your associated home state. Goin out in a blaze of glory. I don't know about you but i don't wanna die trying. I want to make the ENEMY die trying. Unconventional warfare could be quite effective in a place like montanta or other spots in the north west. but uc warfare in texas.....? well ever seen that movie, Red dawn??? what a freakin joke.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top