User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:39:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, but if there was a parent in the car coaching her on her driving, would she have been there at all.  Would she have gone a little faster, a little slower.  

What if she told her mom, "it's against the law for me to drive with out an adult in the car, please don't ask me to break the law mommy" it's a little like a Zen Buddism exercise - who the hell knows.  

Blame the victim...

If the occupants of the car were illegal immigrants instead of an illegal driver, 99.4% of the people here would indeed blame the victims (illegal immigrants).  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:00:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, but if there was a parent in the car coaching her on her driving, would she have been there at all.  Would she have gone a little faster, a little slower.  

What if she told her mom, "it's against the law for me to drive with out an adult in the car, please don't ask me to break the law mommy" it's a little like a Zen Buddism exercise - who the hell knows.  

Blame the victim...

If the occupants of the car were illegal immigrants instead of an illegal driver, 99.4% of the people here would indeed blame the victims (illegal immigrants).  

Of course, so what is your point?  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:13:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Her driving, be it legally or illegally, it entirely moot.  She had stopped for a school bus, as you are supposed to do.  Idiot driving semi fails to stop, killing many people.

He is entirely at fault, everything else is irrelevant.

Before you get your panties in a wad Larry, I agree that the truck driver was totally at fault.

But the point I'm making is that the mother is to blame for her children being in that vehicle, on that road, behind that school bus in the first place.

Your theory of culpability and responsibility follows no logic and makes absolutely no sense at all.

So if the 15 YO had been driving legally (her and an adult), two people would have died.  Is that better now?

The one who doesn't grasp the reality here is YOU.  It doesn't matter what the kids in the car did or didn't do.  People died unnecessarily because of some careless, irresposible asshole.  That's it.  Who he killed, or how many he killed, or why the victims ended up at that place and time is completely irrelevant.

You are the worst kind of MMQB.  You latch on to some legal technicality and grasp at straws that have nothing to do with the reason this accident crime happened in the first place to try and make a point that has nothing to stand on its own.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:34:12 AM EDT
[#4]
How long before some liberal c*nt drafts a law raising the age for a learners permiit from 15 to 18. Yeah that will solve the problem.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:16:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
But I literally gasped and my jaw dropped when I read this.  
Be careful out there, guys.
===================================

Fiery crash kills 7 young relatives
Tractor-trailer rear-ends car stopped behind school bus

Thursday, January 26, 2006; Posted: 12:39 a.m. EST (05:39 GMT)

(CNN) -- Seven children, including an infant, died Wednesday when a tractor-trailer rear-ended their car near Gainesville, Florida, slamming it into the rear of a school bus that had stopped to let children off.

The car, which was driven by a 15-year-old girl with a learner's permit, burst into flames, killing everyone inside, said Lt. Mike Burroughs of the Florida Highway Patrol. The truck was partially burned, its cab overturned.

In Florida, it is illegal for a 15-year-old to drive without an adult being in the car.

The accident occurred shortly after 3 p.m., four miles south of Lake Butler in northern Florida.

The bus was carrying students home from Lake Butler Elementary School and Lake Butler Middle School in the Union County School District.

Three of nine children on the bus were seriously injured and were taken by helicopter to hospitals. None of the students' injuries was life-threatening, said Lt. Bill Leeper of the Florida Highway Patrol.

But a spokeswoman for Shands Hospital in Gainesville said eight patients were transported, ages 5 to 16. Two were in critical condition; three in serious condition, said Betsy Miller.

The drivers of the bus and the truck also were injured, but their conditions weren't immediately known. Their names were not immediately available.

Video showed charred debris -- most of it unidentifiable -- strewn over a large patch of scorched ground next to State Highway 121. The vehicles were being towed from the scene late Wednesday, and the highway had not yet been reopened.

Burroughs identified the victims as Cynthia Mann and Elizabeth Mann, both 15; Ashley Keen and Johnny Mann, both 13; Miranda Finn, 9; Heaven Mann, 3; and Anthony Lamb, 20 months.

The Manns, except for Anthony, were adopted foster children; and the family was in the process of adopting Anthony, Burroughs said. Ashley and Miranda were cousins.

Nicole Mann was at the wheel of the car, said Tina Mann, her aunt.

"Yes, she's 15, she had her learner's permit, she knows how to drive," Mann said.

"Even though she was an under-age driver, it's my understanding she did not cause the accident," she said. "The same thing would have happened had there been an adult in the car with her. We'd just have one more death in the family."

Mann said her niece had just dropped off another child and was taking the rest of the children home "to get ready to go to church when this happened."

The crash occurred on Southwest 75th Way, 20 miles north of Gainesville.

All the vehicles were headed north at the time of the wrecks, Leeper said, adding, "For some reason, the (truck) driver failed to stop."

The accident occurred in good weather along a straight stretch of road that has a posted speed limit of 60 mph.

"There doesn't seem to be any reason why the semi could not observe the two vehicles stopped," Leeper said. "For some reason -- we're still trying to determine why -- he did not stop."

"It's a very chaotic scene," Burroughs said late in the afternoon. "We're having trouble removing the family members from the car because of the way the car is lodged in and tied in with the metal pieces of the tractor-trailer."

"It is a mangled, fiery crash," he said, adding that "it was a very sad moment" when victims' family members visited the scene.

The National Transportation Safety Board said a team of investigators was to arrive Wednesday night at the crash site.

"The semis drive way too fast," said Effie White, a nearby resident.

most people don't understand that you need to be aware of whats going on behind you as well.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
When God wants them, he takes them.  Theyre serving a purpose somewhere.

Yes, god thought to himself, "Heaven needs more children,  so... lets see hey, there's 7 children now... yes! I have it! A horrific FIERY crash that mangles them and burns them all alive!

Then... when he finally has them, he thinks to himself, "you know what? I think I want their grandfather too!" and he pointed his finger and ZAP! Heart attack!

Seriously, that is pretty damn naive to think that way. Personally, I'm agnostic, borderline religous, but if I were religious, I would still accept the fact that dieing is part of life. It is NOT because God wills it. I mean hell, by your logic, he lets murderous and scum bags live life but takes the life of children? What kind of being are you saying God is? You must have a different God than most people. .

Man plays the primary role in his own destiny. The choices we make have consequences. That guy chose to be a fuckup and plow into a carload of kids. Unfortunately, there's nothing anybody or anything can do about it.
It's life. Shit happens unfortunately. Are you one of those people that belives the earth is a few thousand years old too?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:21:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
When God wants them, he takes them.  Theyre serving a purpose somewhere.

Yes, god thought to himself, "Heaven needs more children,  so... lets see hey, there's 7 children now... yes! I have it! A horrific FIERY crash that mangles them and burns them all alive!

Then... when he finally has them, he thinks to himself, "you know what? I think I want their grandfather too!" and he pointed his finger and ZAP! Heart attack!

Seriously, that is pretty damn naive to think that way. Personally, I'm agnostic, borderline religous, but if I were religious, I would still accept the fact that dieing is part of life. It is NOT because God wills it. I mean hell, by your logic, he lets murderous and scum bags live life but takes the life of children? What kind of being are you saying God is? You must have a different God than most people. .

Man plays the primary role in his own destiny. The choices we make have consequences. That guy chose to be a fuckup and plow into a carload of kids. Unfortunately, there's nothing anybody or anything can do about it.
It's life. Shit happens unfortunately. Are you one of those people that belives the earth is a few thousand years old too?

Well said.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top