BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Are you saying their religion isn't very peaceful to begin with?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are you pissed at a message of peace and love?

If they were putting up posters about forcing you to convert or whatever then I could fully understand it.

Muslim does something bad - GD gets angry at Islam
Muslims try to make their religion more peaceful - GD gets angry at Islam

Are you saying their religion isn't very peaceful to begin with?

Clever.

Rebuttal - If you go from a 9 to a 10 on the peaceful scale (1-10), you've become more peaceful.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If they truly cared about spreading a message of peace and love, it'd be in Arabic.

The fact that it's in English means that they're message is "don't judge the 1% by the actions of the 99%."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they were putting up posters about forcing you to convert or whatever then I could fully understand it.

If they truly cared about spreading a message of peace and love, it'd be in Arabic.

The fact that it's in English means that they're message is "don't judge the 1% by the actions of the 99%."

Why would they put up a billboard in Arabic in an area where almost no one speaks Arabic?  
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:49:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
And they will be polite and nice , till they get close to being the majority then they'll start to change things, make demands  and force their faith into everyone's lives
View Quote

Or when they get a POTUS.  Oh......wait.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#4]
al Taqiyya in plain sight.

Wonder how many will bite? Lots of ignorant people out there.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No alcohol in the cabs. Or rescue dogs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And they will be polite and nice , till they get close to being the majority then they'll start to change things, make demands  and force their faith into everyone's lives

No alcohol in the cabs. Or rescue dogs.

With the number of fake service animals, is banning rescue dogs really that bad of an idea?  It'd stop that trend.

No, I'm not serious.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:50:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Well there you have it! Religion of Peace... Their billboard even says so!
We should bring more into this country. It can only make us more peaceful.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:50:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Paid for by ICNA... who like every other Islamic apology group is being investigated by the FBI for its support for the global terrorism network.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/printgroupProfile.asp?grpid=6380

ICNA has established a reputation for bringing anti-American radicals to speak at its annual conferences. Moreover, experts have long documented the organization's ties to Islamic terrorist groups. Yehudit Barsky, a terrorism expert at the American Jewish Committee, has said that ICNA "is composed of members of Jamaat e-Islami, a Pakistani Islamic radical organization similar to the Muslim Brotherhood that helped to establish the Taliban." (Pakistani newspapers have reported that Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, a leading architect of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, was offered refuge in the home of Jamaat e-Islami's leader, Ahmed Quddoos.) On September 27, 1997, another Pakistani Islamist leader, Maulana Shafayat Mohamed, played host to an ICNA conference at his Florida-based fundamentalist madrassa (religious school), which served as a recruitment center for Taliban fighters.
View Quote

Heretic!!! Blasphemer of Progressive dreams!!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well, for one.

http://www.prosebeforehos.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/gravemother.jpg

For two, I've actually talked to and worked with Muslims.
For three, organizations like the Red Crescent exist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, yeah right! When Muslims actually do "more peaceful" shit like Christians (e.g., help people who aren't of their faith) I might change my perception of them. Until then, I agree with the rest of GD, this is just BS propaganda for the weak-minded.  

What makes you think Muslims don't help non-Muslims?

Serious question, what makes you think they do?

Well, for one.

http://www.prosebeforehos.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/gravemother.jpg

Pic not loading for me
ETA:  Got it.  In all seriousness...isolated incident
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:52:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

If the Koran contradicts the claim on the billboard, what's the harm in people who "fall for" the billboard's taquito getting a free copy to read for themselves?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:52:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The fact that it's in English means that they're message is "don't judge the 99% by the actions of the 1%"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fact that it's in English means that they're message is "don't judge the 99% by the actions of the 1%"

FIFY.

Since when has the first language or America been Arabic?

Maybe, just maybe' the target audience is all English speaking people in an English speaking country.  It would be rather ineffective to put up. Bunch of squiggles nobody can understand if you are trying to reach as wide an audience as possible.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Then they will have to prove otherwise, won't they?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arfcom bitches about Muslims not promoting peace.

Muslims put up billboard promoting peace.

Arfcom bitches about Muslims some more.

Comedy gold.

Their promotion of peace and love is a blatant lie, that's the issue...

Depends on the muslims you are dealing with.  I'd you are dealing with the likes of ISIS then you are 100% correct.  However most muslims I know would to out of their way to point out that ISIS is not islamic in any way.

If you are however dealing with the significantly larger number of Musims out there who are quietly getting on with their lives and hold no animosity to anyone then you couldn't be more wrong.

From my understanding of the Quran, from 2 college courses on Islam 15 years ago, the billboard is a blatant lie.

Yes, but lying about the fundamental tenets of their religion isn't going to cut it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Why are you upset about this?  Freedom means freedom.
View Quote
Thank you, for pointing out what so

many here choose to ignore.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

By comparing it with something the person is familiar with, you expose their inconsistency.

Edit: Do you think there would be a legit cause for anger if there was a billboard in Northern Ireland promoting Catholicism?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because its bullshit full of lies aimed to lull the sheep in this country to sleep before the slaughter.  Study world history on all the places these maggots has been to in the last several centuries and what they have done to the cultures they destroyed.

Er... I hate to burst your bubble here, but Islam has historically been less damaging to foreign cultures than Christians have been.  Compare their trading up and down the entire Indian ocean vs the conquest of the New World by Christians.  Muslims left the local cultures in tact.  Christians actively tried to erase cultures.

It's not really a religion thing.  Christians didn't do that just because they were Christians, obviously.

I didn't understand the poster put up comparing Christianity to Islam.
I read the poster to claim things that it doesn't practice. In US city where a certain practicing peaceful individuals blew up a group of people just minding their own business.
I would say there is legit cause for anger, especially if I lived in Boston

By comparing it with something the person is familiar with, you expose their inconsistency.

Edit: Do you think there would be a legit cause for anger if there was a billboard in Northern Ireland promoting Catholicism?

No, but I might if there was an attempt to put up multiple billboards promoting the Church of England.

It is, at the very least ( for both places) an extremely disrespectful and insensitive thing to expose to the native populace and the losses they endured as well as an unnecessary thing to do. At worst, some might consider it a provocation.
It is, frankly something that would be wiser not to do. I know GD is full of alpha males operators who don't apologize to anyone and establish dominance by pissing your enemies eye, but in the real world a little bit of respect goes along way and conflicts that are easily avoided probably should be.

ETA: I screwed up the quote tree a while back
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You mean like Americans Brits, Christians, or any other group with "we know best" ideology.?

Sure.

However the billboard posted says nice things and is a proclamation of peace.

Getting bent out of shape over a message peace and love is farcical. Get pissed off if they don't stick to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/sites/default/files/o-rly-640x474_0.jpg

They aren't...like ...known Historically, for centuries for doing exactly that, are they?

You mean like Americans Brits, Christians, or any other group with "we know best" ideology.?

Sure.

However the billboard posted says nice things and is a proclamation of peace.

Getting bent out of shape over a message peace and love is farcical. Get pissed off if they don't stick to it.

Kinda reminds me of how ISIS lures people into joining, and things are so bad they try to leave.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well there you have it! Religion of Peace... Their billboard even says so!
We should bring more into this country. It can only make us more peaceful.
View Quote

http://toprightnews.com/police-make-a-horrifying-discovery-next-to-the-body-of-a-christian-beaten-to-death-by-muslims-in-maine/

Invited him to a party, they beat him for hours, crushed his skull.

Peaceful people, indeed. And, we can't deport them after they do their time.."refugee".

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well, for one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, yeah right! When Muslims actually do "more peaceful" shit like Christians (e.g., help people who aren't of their faith) I might change my perception of them. Until then, I agree with the rest of GD, this is just BS propaganda for the weak-minded.  

What makes you think Muslims don't help non-Muslims?

Serious question, what makes you think they do?

Well, for one.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:54:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Pic not loading for me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, for one.

Pic not loading for me

Odd.

Try this http://www.prosebeforehos.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/gravemother.jpg
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I would wager that the people in this thread opposed to the billboard have a fundamental, visceral, negative, emotional reaction to anything Islamic, regardless of the message.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would wager that the people in this thread opposed to the billboard have a fundamental, visceral, negative, emotional reaction to anything Islamic, regardless of the message.

Check out Live Leak. It ain't safe for viewing on an employer owned computer.

Religion of peace.... heh.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#20]
i'm sure one where the Pope is asking Catholics to forgive abortion would be about as controversial.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Odd.

Try this http://www.prosebeforehos.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/gravemother.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, for one.

Pic not loading for me

Odd.

Got it...see edit above
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/011-taqiyya.htm
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#23]
I thought maybe the message was for other muzzies.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Call get a free Quran read it to understand what they are doing.
I ordered one from some group a few years ago they sent me a very nice Quran I’ve read part of it.
You want to be Muslim find don’t force it on me, same thing with Christians, Atheist, or any other belief system.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why Islam?  You can join the quest in Syria....j/k. Maybe they have good deals on phones or healthcare.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:01:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm OK with this.  Why aren't you?
View All Quotes

Do you want to live in a global Muslim caliphate?

Do you want to live under Sharia law?

Because that is exactly what the people that paid for that billboard want you to do. Are you OK with that?

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yes, but lying about the fundamental tenets of their religion isn't going to cut it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their promotion of peace and love is a blatant lie, that's the issue...

Depends on the muslims you are dealing with.  I'd you are dealing with the likes of ISIS then you are 100% correct.  However most muslims I know would to out of their way to point out that ISIS is not islamic in any way.

If you are however dealing with the significantly larger number of Musims out there who are quietly getting on with their lives and hold no animosity to anyone then you couldn't be more wrong.

From my understanding of the Quran, from 2 college courses on Islam 15 years ago, the billboard is a blatant lie.

Maybe they are not lying?  Maybe their interpretation of the Quran is a peaceful and caring one.

Tarring every Muslim with the same diabolical brush is like saying all Christians are like the WBC.  it's an extreme fallacy.

You are judging them because you have a warped interpretation that suits your narrative and fits the picture of bearded fucksticks hacking off heads in propaganda videos and news reels.  You are ignoring the muslims out there who outnumber those clowns by thousands to 1, who live peaceful lives.

Actions speak louder than words.  Find out who put the billboard up and who paid for it..  Then follow up on their actions.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:01:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Call get a free Quran read it to understand what they are doing.
I ordered one from some group a few years ago they sent me a very nice Quran I’ve read part of it.
You want to be Muslim find don’t force it on me, same thing with Christians, Atheist, or any other belief system.
View Quote

It's really that simple.

You would think those convince the Koran teaches the opposite of what the billboard claims would be happy to see free Korans distributed in the U.S. Heck, why not support Gideon's-style hotel saturation? Instead, we read about Koran burnings and outrage about Koran distributions.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:02:00 PM EDT
[#29]
He always taught peace... till he abrogated those versus.

As for the free Quran part - guess this is a liberal group, as I don't read Arabic.  Islam is pretty strait forward about the only Quran is the Arabic one.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Er... I hate to burst your bubble here, but Islam has historically been less damaging to foreign cultures than Christians have been.  Compare their trading up and down the entire Indian ocean vs the conquest of the New World by Christians.  Muslims left the local cultures in tact.  Christians actively tried to erase cultures.

It's not really a religion thing.  Christians didn't do that just because they were Christians, obviously.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because its bullshit full of lies aimed to lull the sheep in this country to sleep before the slaughter.  Study world history on all the places these maggots has been to in the last several centuries and what they have done to the cultures they destroyed.

Yeah.That's why the Italian and Iberian coastlines were uninhabited for centuries. Because the Barbary pirates were bringing words of love and passive conversion to the racist haters and their shame drove them inland. All those slaves coming out of the Arab slave trade were really just converts bearing a symbolic burden while being marched across a desert then shipped off to lands unknown to persue their agricultural dreams. Egypt, once a Christian nation, was converted in the most passive of ways to an Islamic nation. The Armenians were a mystical tribe who suddenly decide to take a peaceful journey across a desert and just didn't prepare well for the journey.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If your only source of information is Liveleak then you are hardly going to get a balanced view.

Then again 1.4 billion Muslims going about their daily lives peacefully is not the sort of boring crap that Liveleak wants.  They want all the extreme grotesque and regurgitated crap they can find to market their click bait.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If some muslims want to try and teach peace, what's wrong with that?
View Quote

"We are for peace, as long as your convert to Islam!"

In other news, your chocolate rations have been increased from 80 grams to 50.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Might wanna go talk to their brethren throughout the world then.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Have you read the Quran?  This isn't even a religion, it's a legal structure.  You can entertain Sharia law, it's the end goal whether you want to naively believe this is the religion of peace or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Have you read the Quran?  This isn't even a religion, it's a legal structure.  You can entertain Sharia law, it's the end goal whether you want to naively believe this is the religion of peace or not.

Taqiyya
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I wonder how the peaceful the people that rented that billboard would react if you accepted a free quran then used it to wipe your ass? Would they stick with the peaceful teachings?
View Quote

Probably.

But if you did that, if I were them, I'd ask that you pay for the Koran you wasted and for being an asshole.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Only in GD
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Only in GD
View Quote

That can't possibly be true
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This is probably hard for you to believe, but not every muslim wants to chop your head off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it's like a vegan trying to teach me how to cook a nice medium rare Filet Mignon.

This is probably hard for you to believe, but not every muslim wants to chop your head off.

You're right, they want a radical one to do it for them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:12:28 PM EDT
[#39]
I like the message. Now just getting their followers to adhere to it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Tens of thousands of refugees in boats trying to escape all this "peace and love" would disagree.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:12:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Maybe they are not lying?  Maybe their interpretation of the Quran is a peaceful and caring one.

Tarring every Muslim with the same diabolical brush is like saying all Christians are like the WBC.  it's an extreme fallacy.

You are judging them because you have a warped interpretation that suits your narrative and fits the picture of bearded fucksticks hacking off heads in propaganda videos and news reels.  You are ignoring the muslims out there who outnumber those clowns by thousands to 1, who live peaceful lives.

Actions speak louder than words.  Find out who put the billboard up and who paid for it..  Then follow up on their actions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on the muslims you are dealing with.  I'd you are dealing with the likes of ISIS then you are 100% correct.  However most muslims I know would to

It's in the picture. ICNA, and they have no interest in freedom.

There may be 1000 "good" Muslims for every jihadi.....I don't know. What I do know is that those 1000 are irrelevant.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:14:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Help spread Vlad's message of love and peace.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

There may be 1000 "good" Muslims for every jihadi.....I don't know. What I do know is that those 1000 are irrelevant.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on the muslims you are dealing with.  I'd you are dealing with the likes of ISIS then you are 100% correct.  However most muslims I know would to

No they are not.  Far from it.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:15:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

How many "want to" versus how many "don't care if another does"?

I'm not calling for anyones rights to be infringed....however, don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Go right to the source......right to the Koran....right to what Muhammed actually did and said......

There's your answer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it's like a vegan trying to teach me how to cook a nice medium rare Filet Mignon.

How many "want to" versus how many "don't care if another does"?

I'm not calling for anyones rights to be infringed....however, don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Go right to the source......right to the Koran....right to what Muhammed actually did and said......

There's your answer.

You realize that there are differing interpretations among Muslims on what the Koran actually says.

These people with their billboard are pushing for the version that doesn't want to cut your head off. Perhaps, and just perhaps, you might want to encourage them in their war of ideas to continue pushing this peaceful version, instead of being cynical and a dick. Nah, that would actually take some foresight on your part.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Here’s the deal.

The billboard isn’t directed at mean Muslims to stop being mean. It’s directed at non Muslims telling them, “look, we’re really nice and give away free books, come join us and you’ll see.”

They figure once you’re recruited you won’t care about beheadings because you’ll be joining in.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yeah.That's why the Italian and Iberian coastlines were uninhabited for centuries. Because the Barbary pirates were bringing words of love and passive conversion to the racist haters and their shame drove them inland. All those slaves coming out of the Arab slave trade were really just converts bearing a symbolic burden while being marched across a desert then shipped off to lands unknown to persue their agricultural dreams. Egypt, once a Christian nation, was converted in the most passive of ways to an Islamic nation. The Armenians were a mystical tribe who suddenly decide to take a peaceful journey across a desert and just didn't prepare well for the journey.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is no other civilizational group held to this same standard here? Fuck, just start a thread butthurt about European Colonialism, African slavery in the new world, or US treatment of natives and prepare for endless lectures about how it's just the natural way of things.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#47]
IMO, there is little to interpret about the Quran.  Perhaps the majority of Muslims are non-violent, but I don't see them condemning those who interpret it, IMO, for what it literally is.  There's a minority who take it for what it is, ISIS, and a minority who find the 'peaceful nature' of Islam, the majority are silent.  Again, IMO, silence is the same as being complicit.

Can't figure out how to edit the quote trees...I fucking hate computers!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Their phones are probably blowing up.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Were the actions you saw the direct result of them being Muslims, or is that incidental?

Would you say the same thing about "Christian love" after dealing with the murders and violence in American cities?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Having just came back from Turkey after helping with an American led ambulance service...I'm gonna say.....

hmmmm I've seen enough of their love, rape, and violence.

Islam........

Were the actions you saw the direct result of them being Muslims, or is that incidental?

Would you say the same thing about "Christian love" after dealing with the murders and violence in American cities?

Damn.  You're right.  Muslims would never rape anyone, especially females.  They think so highly of them.  

And, besides a few fringe lunatics, I don't see a lot of people running around chopping off heads, raping women, selling young girls into prostitution, and torturing innocent people in the name of Christianity.  Can you point me towards the mainstream Christian group that does this in the US?  I would like to educate myself.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/Vlad_Tepes_002.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/Vlad_Tepes_002.jpg

Don't t need to,  

Irony:

Hell, what was supposed to be a localised advert on a Boston freeway is now getting Global Exposure thanks to the indignance of some muppet in GD.

You really couldn't make this shit up.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top