Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:20:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Was there more than one debate tonight?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:36:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I missed most of the debate.  I decided to work on the toilet in the downstairs bathroom instead.  My wife watched the whole thing.  As a longtime clerk of the court she has sat through many point counter point discussions in court.  She scores it this way:  Trump 55% Hilary 45%.  Trump spoke to the common people especially those that have been displaced in the job market due to companies moving offshore.  She says he scored major points with those in the rust belt states that have borne the brunt of outsourcing.  Hilary didn't do too bad but she didn't help herself much either.  She is a more polished debater (and liar).  She held her own but scored no solid hits.  Wife said it could have been 65-70% Trump and 35-30% Clinton if he had just concentrated on more things like Benghazi, the State Dept. - Clinton Foundation connection, and the promise of an extended Obama 3rd term if Clinton is elected.  He also needs to slow down and self monitor his vocal volume, and diction.
View Quote

I bet that Trump is saving the Emails, classified information on the server, and the Clinton Foundation for the 2nd and 3rd debates.  He does not want to release his whole stockpile at once.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:38:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

100 million tuned in tonight to watch Trump confirm everything that's been said about him. Big picture though right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Came off mad as hell at the system that had turned people into commodities. Two more debates to show a range of behaviors.

Separate note: I saw verified numbers tonight showing Trump @ 50% and Hillary @ +/- 15%. Independents and Third Parties around 35%.

Allllllmost over.

I thought he did a terrible job. Landing a few heavy blows was good, but he was not able to capitalize on many fantastic openings she left him and what few he did address weren't done with enough eloquence to have meaningful impact, it want a total failure for him, but damn Don,.... You spent 90% of your face time reembellishing your same three thing points and naming off cities you have properties in.
Look at the whole picture...

100 million tuned in tonight to watch Trump confirm everything that's been said about him. Big picture though right?

And this is why you keep being wrong about this election...which candidate looked like a highly polished 30 year corrupt politician? That's the one most Americans dont want.....
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:45:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
And this is why you keep being wrong about this election...which candidate looked like a highly polished 30 year corrupt politician? That's the one most Americans dont want.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Arfcom is all John McCain, Tom Clancy novels, and Corvettes at this point.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:46:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I can see a rope-a-dope possibility:  Hillary threw everything she could at him to try for a TKO. Trump is still up and fighting. Now he's aware of how to handle the 2nd and 3rd debate, plus made Hillary overconfident in her debating skills. I can see some Sun Tzu in this mash-up, if they are smart.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:51:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can see a rope-a-dope possibility:  Hillary threw everything she could at him to try for a TKO. Trump is still up and fighting. Now he's aware of how to handle the 2nd and 3rd debate, plus made Hillary overconfident in her debating skills. I can see some Sun Tzu in this mash-up, if they are smart.
View Quote

lol, she barely had to open her mouth.... He sat himself so many ties you'd think Clinton was after him.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:52:32 AM EDT
[#7]
What is the OP smoking?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:00:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Why do you associate with democrats?
View Quote

Recon  
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:04:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
He pulled his asshole open, and as it was gaping, she pushed her gnarled cock in dry.

He has a fucking duty to his supporters to get his head out of his ass and fucking prep for this shit.  I've seen 4th grade school plays that were better organized than his shitshow.  He was just being fucking stupid.  Holy fuck.
View Quote

One of his senior policy advisors was on Breitbart this morning around 8:00 and said Trump didn't have time to do traditional prep, they were doing micro prep sessions... 10-20 MINUTES at a time, sometimes as much as an HOUR!

Gee, wonder why the clown got ass fucked by Hillary's shenis tonight?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:06:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

What is the OP smoking?
View Quote
Alright. What was the objective for tonights mission hotrod?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:07:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't think he did as well as I expected. He had some prime opportunities to clobber her and didn't. Hitlery blew her wad, though. She threw every dirty, nasty, provably false claim about him and it didn't stick. So, lots of fodder for the shitstorm to follow.
View Quote

Not even close.

We all better hope wiki leaks has something devastating.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:08:29 AM EDT
[#12]
He didn't go downhill until Holt started arguing with him and giving him pointed questions, which Clinton got none of.  If Trump can make that the narrative, he can come out of this not too much worse for the wear.

Next time, however, he needs to talk much, much less.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:08:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This was actually a big deal with Mar-a-Lago. He was the first to allow blacks, muslims, Jews, et cetera into his exclusive club.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was really impressed by how opening a club was a huge success for race relations.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

This was actually a big deal with Mar-a-Lago. He was the first to allow blacks, muslims, Jews, et cetera into his exclusive club.

I'll give him props there, but most people can't relate to the über rich and their elite clubs, no matter the race, gender, or faith.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:08:59 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
One of his senior policy advisors was on Breitbart this morning around 8:00 and said Trump didn't have time to do traditional prep, they were doing micro prep sessions... 10-20 MINUTES at a time, sometimes as much as an HOUR!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He pulled his asshole open, and as it was gaping, she pushed her gnarled cock in dry.

He has a fucking duty to his supporters to get his head out of his ass and fucking prep for this shit.  I've seen 4th grade school plays that were better organized than his shitshow.  He was just being fucking stupid.  Holy fuck.

I'll ask you too. What was tonights objective? Do you know?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:10:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

lol, she barely had to open her mouth.... He sat himself so many ties you'd think Clinton was after him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is not how others outside of this circle are seeing it. 50-50 best Hillary is getting. As I have said repeatedly, her calling American racist pissed off hard core .gov employee Dems.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:15:23 AM EDT
[#16]
despite his shit performance every single poll i'm looking at has trump winning by a lot.

he is all over the place and can't make a clear fucking point. that debate however won't sway anyone either way.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:17:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Trump's going to take a page out of the Putin playbook by winning 95% to 5%, so that once the investigators dispose of all the verifiable fraud he'll still have some 65% of the vote made up of unverified fraud.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:17:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To sway the undecideds. The Trumpostles will vote for him no matter what. Shit, I despise the guy, but I'll vote for him because of the alternative.

He did himself no favors with women tonight.

Hillary IIRC is doing better with Hispanics than Obama did.

While she lied her ass off, a lot of people will go off perception and won't bother to fact check. She came across as prepared and confident, he came across as incoherent at most times while landing a few solid blows. We'll know by the weekend how it panned out with three day rolling averages.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:17:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
despite his shit performance every single poll i'm looking at has trump winning by a lot.

he is all over the place and can't make a clear fucking point. that debate however won't sway anyone either way.
View Quote

Bob Schieffer agrees with your accesment. Outside of the strident Republicans and Dems most people see it as a draw. Which is ok for Trump. Momentum was on his side and he will be back out on the trail tomorrow. Hillary is not going to be going to Ohio and she has lots of states on the margin. Standstill so far.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:19:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:24:43 AM EDT
[#21]
All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:25:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Glad I'm not the only one to catch this.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:26:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

She came across like a politician, with her smug plastic smile. He seemed like a normal guy, a businessman - which he is - being attacked by two biased people.

While I agree he didn't take it to her like I had hoped, there are two more debates in which he will have the chance.

We should all be happy he didn't yell obscenities at her, which is really the only way he could screw up this popularity surge he is on lately.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh jeezus.  We're back to claiming that Trump is playing chess not checkers.

Face it.  You nominated a guy that is borderline retarded.  We told you this.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#25]
If only he could string 10 or 15 words into sentence, then 3 or 4 sentences into a paragraph, and make the whole thing make sense.

That would be perfect, that would yuuuuuuuge.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:52:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
He did Bigly.
Or is it Biggly?
View Quote

Quoted:
Trump will win bigly.
View Quote

It's a perfectly cromulent word.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If only he could string 10 or 15 words into sentence, then 3 or 4 sentences into a paragraph, and make the whole thing make sense.

That would be perfect, that would yuuuuuuuge.
View Quote

If he could do that he would win bigly.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#28]
What, no one has shilled for Johnson yet?

We're getting either Trump or Clinton in November.

Let's pray it's Trump.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its 4D chess vs pick up sticks.  

I'm not even joking.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:27:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Presuming you voted in the Republican primary, the operative word is we nominated him.  If you were a huge Cruz supporter, your job was to help make the case for your candidate, since he obviously wasn't doing it himself.   Granted, you had a hell of a cross to bear trying to sell people on a condescending booger-eating Canadian.  Regardless of the difficulty involved, you failed to sell Cruz so here we are.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:24:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#33]
The only redeeming factor for trump on this is that he managed to point out that we are the world's welfare not only with out trade deals but with our military.  The voters he needs are average people who lean Democrat.    They leaned Democrat because of all these wars.  They very much believe in protecting the Erica cjob from outsourcing and  are very much against being the world police .    

While trump wasted most of his debate time due to inexperience he was able to point out that he is different on those issues and that Hillary is just another talking politician.  

The only point Hillary got out was that she wants to raise taxes and buy us all solar panels.

The middle ground voter may have been put off by his demeanor but once that shit show fades from memory hopefully the point of his platform will remain.  I guess we'll see.  

He needs to be ready to tackle immigration much better in the coming debates.  That's where he has another opportunity and advantage to grab the undecided average voter.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I want Trump to win, he didn't win tonight
View Quote

but he didn't lose either, which is really a win - the world was expecting to see an epic melt-down, which he did not have.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#35]
OP, we're you high when watching the debate?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
OP, we're you high when watching the debate?
View Quote

If he was he was not alone. most of the people I dealt with today who watched it all they could talk about was what a rotten performance Hillary put on. People who voted for Bill twice think Hillary's smirk and stuff was off putting given the state of the country and her part in it. Then there are those who are pissed about being called racist by extension.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Came off mad as hell at the system that had turned people into commodities. Two more debates to show a range of behaviors.

Separate note: I saw verified numbers tonight showing Trump @ 50% and Hillary @ +/- 15%. Independents and Third Parties around 35%.

Allllllmost over.
View Quote

wrong!

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#38]
He didn't say anything cringe worthy and made some good points. Hillary, on the other hand, oozed a smug and arrogant attitude. If Trump can improve with each debate he's got a good chance of winning.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#39]
OP said "over to the right".

The right?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

He didn't go downhill until Holt started arguing with him and giving him pointed questions, which Clinton got none of.  If Trump can make that the narrative, he can come out of this not too much worse for the wear.

Next time, however, he needs to talk much, much less.
View Quote
The average voter doesn't care on bit about "bias" in the media. Who do you think watches Lester Holt regularly? If all Trump gets from this is a chance to claim bias, he didn't get crap.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:47:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Clinton called Trump a racist, a sexist, and a bigot.

Trump called Clinton Secretary Clinton.

lol, she came off as an angry bitch promising people the moon. Not the best idea considering people consider her to be a liar.

Trump came off as Trump.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

lol, she came off as an angry bitch promising people the moon. Not the best idea considering people consider her to be a liar.

Trump came off as Trump.
View Quote
I think you hit on the only positive thing he did.

She kept calling him Donald, and he kept calling her by a respectful title.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Wow, not even close, he was strong for the first 10 minutes then went to pieces!
View Quote

That constant sniffing in the first 10 minutes had me wondering if he'd snorted a few lines of coke just before going on stage...
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Was there more than one debate tonight?
View Quote

Must of been.

Glad the rest of the country did not see the one I saw.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:33:14 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Trump came off as Trump.
View Quote

My 17 year old daughter who hates Trump was impressed (and surprised, I think) he was so nice to her, after all the stories she'd heard about him being a meanie head. Calling her Secretary Clinton for example.

They watched snippets of the debate in school today.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:42:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I saw that Trump won 105% of the vote.
View Quote

In a LANDSLIDE!!!!!!!

The Trumpian® Reality Distortion Field™ is reaching escape velocity.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

My 17 year old daughter who hates Trump was impressed (and surprised, I think) he was so nice to her, after all the stories she'd heard about him being a meanie head. Calling her Secretary Clinton for example.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump came off as Trump.

What was her opinion of Clinton before and after the debate?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Trump came off as Trump.
View Quote

Hmm. We must not have watched the same debate.

The debate I saw, Hillary was calm, controlled, and smiling throughout.

Trump was nearly always glaring, often sounded angry, and frequently babbled incoherently.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Trump was nearly always glaring, often sounded angry, and frequently babbled incoherently.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump came off as Trump.

Word. She came off as a smug bitch. Not much better.

and you wouldn't be pissed if you were him?  He got tag teamed by the mod and FHRC.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I can see a rope-a-dope possibility:  Hillary threw everything she could at him to try for a TKO.
View Quote

Not everything. She missed a huge opportunity when Trump talked about American companies exporting jobs to foreign countries:

"What about all the jobs your companies have exported? When will you be bringing them back?"
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top