Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm truly sorry and saddened to hear of this ETH.  I hope the Lord helps to soothe your pain.  I haven't been on here long, but I've grown to relish your posts and hope that there will be many more to look forward to.  If you ever need a shoulder to lean on, or an ear to chew off, give me a call, im me, email me, what ever tickles your fancy.  I'll be here for ya.  Just remember one thing, all things work together for the good of those that serve Him!!!  God will help you get through this, along with the friends that he's placed along the path.  Stay close to your family and relieve some of the stress by putting thousands of rounds down range!!!!  [50]  Good luck, and God bless!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:51:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Eric-very sorry to hear it.  You seem to be a good man, and certainly deserve better. Be careful not to blame yourself too much. And don't over analyze: Womanz are beyond all understanding. I pray for your continued strength and resilience. You have the support of alot of guys out here who have been through similar ordeals- You are not alone in this.

Was it Mark Twain who said "The man who acts as his own Lawyer has a fool for a client." ?

If it comes to it- get a MEAN S.O.B.
All's fair in love and war.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:03:44 AM EDT
[#3]
'But, Hun, this is only an Internet site!'
View Quote
Populated by quite a few good and decent folks, who wish you well. Try not to let it, but if it gets you down........we're always here, bubba.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:17:34 AM EDT
[#4]
NO WAY!!!

I am so sorry to hear of the news. I hope that things will work themselves out and you two will get back.

Im at a loss for words.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:40:17 AM EDT
[#5]
[shock] Both of mine lasted 15 years each...neither were my decision...I assume all has been cussed and discussed regarding all the history involved soooo all I can say is I'm very sorry. I'm still getting over the last one  and making headway...you have a "road" ahead of you...take any help offered and hang in there...on the upside...[party][banana][booze][party][beer][banana][naughty][booze][party][beer][banana]...and etc.....
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:28:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:43:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Best of luck to you, ETH.

Don't think for a minute that this new chapter in your life can't possibly match the last. It can.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:46:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm sorry to hear the news.  It's good to see that you are taking this the best you can...keep your chin up!  You're right about all of us being here to entertain you and provide our support.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:58:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Hang in there ETH!  
Mom always told us kids that the good Lord never closes one door, but what he opens another.
Time heals all wounds, so don't let yourself get down.
Take things one day at a time and you will survive this.
All those attributes that have made you what you are today will continue to serve you well in the future, with or without a significant other.
I've seen enough of these situations to last me several lifetimes, and helped many a friend through them.  
If you need an ear or some cheap advice, let me know - I've got both.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:00:32 AM EDT
[#10]
WOOF! I know we have our differences but damn Eric I wouldn't wish this on you, not by a damn sight. Hang in there man. It don't get better, just easier to take. I just ended my 10 year "liberal equivolent" to a marriage. I gave her a handgun instead of a ring. At least you got to keep the dog, she took mine, course it was just as neurotic as she was. But 22 years is a long time bro, my heart goes out to you.
DO NOT SIT HOME ALONE AND STEW!!!! You hear me?You local guys don't let him do this!  Go over to friends houses, hang out with people. This can either be a bump in the road or the bridge is washed out, your the one that makes that call. But if you need some people to re-build a bridge, I think you know where to find us.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:34:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Stay positive.
Exercise (even if it's nothing but long walks).
Don't drink too much.

Good luck to you, sir.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:48:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I am so sorry to hear this my friend. Just ask, we will be there. Godspeed my friend.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:04:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Sir, as someone who has been there and done that and came throught it..All be it with a few scars, there is light at the end of the tunnel.  At the time I did not know the power of God or of prayer, so instead I turned to the bottle. Finally, I hit rock bottom and now things are great for me.  I found the Lord, and he has become the shining becon in my young life.  
From reading your many posts throughout the years I know that you will be ok, because while your wife can take many tangible items that ya'll have collected over the years, she can not take your faith in God or the love of your friends here.  
As I have been a professional lurker here for a long time, I have not had the opportunity to engage you in conversation.  I however, do consider you a stand-up guy and as such, if you need anything or are down in the Houston area, give me a shout, as dinner and drinks are on me.

God Bless and take care Friend.
My prayers are with you,
Mike
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:20:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Eric,

I am so sorry to hear about this.  After 22 years you would think a marriage would be pretty much bulletproof. Apparently that is not the case.

I truly hope that things work out and you can reconcile, if not...move on and try not to look back too much.

Go to church and find a faith based support group to help you through.

I agree with a previous poster in his contention that many women these days are being sold a bill of goods about what they should expect out of life and their husbands.  Oprah and Dr. Phyllis (I mean Phil) are prime culprits.   These folks and those like them are trying to tell people that men should be womanish when the wife wants to cry or talk about her emotions and what not, and should be a man when the woman needs someone to lean on, protect her, etc.  and should stay the hell out of the way when the woman wants to redecorate 5 times a year.

There is also this idea that people can be happy 100% of the time and that if you argue with your spouse, have disagreements over significant issues, or have significantly different interests, that you are not compatible.  My grandparents were married for almost 60 years.  They nullfied each other's votes, argued like cats and dogs, and often got on each other's nerves.  But they raised four kids and enjoyed an active retirement together.  They died about a year apart, she first, and he the next year.  He died content with his life and in full knowledge that he was going to re-unite with her.  He also remarked on several occasions that she was 'ghosting' him, and thats how he knew it was time to go.

My own parents have been married for almost 40 years now.   My wife's parents are in the same class.  All have had troubles, but all have made it through.

(Editted because I jumped the gun submitting)

Eric, you seem to have your head firmly on your shoulders for the most part and seem to have no malice in your heart.  Try to keep it that way and you'll do fine.

As far as the legalities involved, you know better than I, but I would still say, be nice, be cooperative, be friendly, but be prepared to protect your assetts and interests if things turn nasty.

God bless.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Piccolo is wit cha's.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Hang in there.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#18]
ETH, It makes me sad to hear when anyone has to go through the big "D". I will keep you in my prayers for  nights to come. I will also keep your wife in my prayers, even if she is the one that wants to go through this, I am sure she is also hurting for some reason. My friend if you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods,[size=6] My Mom is single, and I think you would be a great Step Dad![/size=6][:D]

so what do ya say POPS. Want a 30 year old stepson and a couple more grandkids? [BD]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#19]
118 replies (119 now) , that should definately count for something.....

t
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Hun,

Been there and done that.  My ex kicked me to the curb after we had been married for 15 years.

It hurt, but like you say, it only opened up another chapter in my life.

I was able to get an assignment to Howard AFB Panama and it was [b]very[/b] easy to rebound there.

Good luck as a single guy (you probably won't stay single long!)

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:20:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Gosh, [b]Eric[/b], this is unfortunate. However, I am certain that you will handle this episode in your life with the passionate clarity that you regularly exhibit here. My first wife moved out on me when I was a much younger DzlBenz. However, the current (and permanent, near as I can tell) [b]Mrs. DzlBenz[/b] has truly been a Godsend in my life.

Best wishes, and I hope you are able to maintain a respectful and friendly relationship with [b]Miz Hun[/b].
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey Eric, I'm not a heavy poster here, but I read everything just about. Its clear that you have some serious family right here - smart of you to recognize it.

I got divorced after 12 years of trying to help her  live life since she wouldn't due to manic depression. It finally became waaaay too much for us.

That was 9 years ago but I still occassionally find myself regretting the fact that somehow I failed to figure it all out and make everything right. It sticks with you for a long time.

It will stick with you, too. Make a little room, mentally, where you can stick all of the guilt and defeat and second guessing. Go in there and beat yourself up once in a while when you just have to abuse yourself, but leave it all in there and close the door most of the time.

It gets better with time. And friends. And faith. And pursuing your dreams and goals.

Good advice above here. Listen to your friends.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Even great men cannot escape the inevitable, and although I haven't been on this site very long, I can tell from the respect you are able to garner that you, Mr. the Hun, are a great man. Your stance on this issue is proof as well. I hope things shape up for you, sir.

As they said in the Scorpion King: "Live free, die well."
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#24]
sooooooooooo... what happens to the hun farm???
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Nothing much more to add but I too am saddened to hear this.

The good Lord will see you through, Eric.  You know this.  

Take care.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:45:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Where the heck have I been?

W, I am so sorry to hear about this. You will be in my prayers, and I wish I could do more for you.

If you need a place to get away too for a few days, come on up to Colorado, I got a place for ya.

Take care of yourself my friend.

dave
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:06:39 PM EDT
[#27]
WTH is wrong with women these days? [V]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top