Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
[red]This will be the first time in my 51 years that I will be living alone.[/red]

Well, I will have my faithful dog, Scooter, the Hun-beagle, with me. So I won't be [u]entirely[/u] alone.

Anyway, I will always have you guys and girls to talk with, right?

[:D]...
View Quote

ERIC!!!

I am stunned, shocked, dumfounded, and truly feel for you.

I have to say something that may sound a bit confrontatory and it is probably not applicable but I hope you understand I mean it in your best interests:  The last person who told me he was going to be living alone for the first time in his life was a coworker who committed suicide two weeks later.  It happened just a few months ago.  He was going through his second divorce.  He had a child from his previous marriage and lots of friends but no dog.

At least you DO have a dog.  My coworker had support systems but carefully avoided invoking them.  I hope you keep feeling that your own life is sacred and worth living.

You're surely in a lot of pain and you have a lot of it to go through.  Know who your true friends are and don't hesitate to lean on them.

Take care of yourself.  You have a lot to live for.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[snip]
[red]Irregardless[/red],
[/snip]
View Quote

[:D] That is such a great word.
View Quote

And with everyones help, it will achieve the prominence it deserves!!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I will have my faithful dog, Scooter, the Hun-beagle, with me. So I won't be entirely alone.
View Quote

It's nice to see you got first pick in the property split.

I forgot who said it " The more people I meet the more I like my dog"

I hope this is wasted on you and you are way ahead of me. YOU do have a good lawyer ????
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
By the way, I no longer have Internet access, so I can only post from the law library, the Plano Library, and from [b]lordtrader's and BrotherNick's[/b] at times.

View Quote

You should flee LT's pad post haste, otherwise you may never meet another TX woman again.[:D]

All kidding aside, this should be a wake up call to all of us married guys on the board. Never take your wife for granted (not to imply that ETH did) because the day might come where she is no longer around.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Eric, my condolences.  Even though we have not met, one of these days we shall.  Keep your head screwed on and if you need to vent, this here is a great, understanding crowd.  We may not be shrinks but the combined experiences here far outweigh any single, failable professional's opinion.

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#6]
My condolences sir. Some here may be familiar with what I'm about to spout having vented a few times on this board before.
I too went down in flames after 21 years with my ex and could not fathom why. We spent a lot of time together dining, traveling family events. Both made good money, seemed to have a good relationship etc., etc., etc.
She was "unfulfilled, unhappy, whatever.. You name it" and flat out cannot give me a reason telling me that I was a good friend and a good husband. She decided that she would find all with someone else.
Fast forward four years, Mr. Wonderful could care less that she is there, she is still unhappy. I look around and see the same scenario being played over and over with many couples. Good caring men, good satisfying lives and a mass of unhappy women. It's an epidemic, and we average but stand-up guys are being blown out of the water right and left.
If you watch was transpires, most of them end up actually trading down, because the scum buckets that they flock to eventually show their true colors.
Maybe this isn't your situation but the fact of the matter is that we are coming apart at the seams, and from my jaded perspective, it appears that women in this country have unrealistic and unreasonable expectations. When it does not happen as they wish someone has to pay.
You appear to be weathering this well, stay that way. I found out something that’s fantastic.
When you are ready, there are truckloads of wonderful women out there that have likewise been beat down, but are just as hopeful of finding a great average guy as you will eventually be to find a great companion.
Yes, you will be a bit gun-shy, but don’t give up. Lady Rain makes up for a lot of sins and you will find one too if you want. Good luck, stay sane, and wait it out. It can get better.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm so sorry to hear this Eric.  Let me know if there is anything you need.  I really don't know what else to say.  Take care man...

Jeff
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:01:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:04:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Tough break man, we're all here for you.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#10]
ETH,

I'm very sorry to here about this. It's one of the hardest things that can happen to a person but whether you believe it or not you will come through it fine, I did. As you said, this is not just some regular internet site, I was very glad to get to meet you and some more of the DFW crew on my last trip down and look forward to doing it again. The support for you is here, please make use of it and God bless.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#11]
... This news truly saddens me [b]EricTheHun[/b], It always hard, even to the strongest of us, when we separate from the ones we committed to "... until death do us part".

... For once, I feel I can give a small bit of advise instead of receiving your gracious guidance as has been the case in the past.  

Treat her with all the respect you ever have
Do what you can to retain her friendship
Great men are allowed to cry, do it
Take up something you always wanted to that you couldn't when married
Spend time with those who love you
Reassure your relationship with Him
Call a friend that you may have neglected because of your marriage
Don’t dwell on the separation. It’s hard not to, but don’t
Drink spirits only when happy

Life is but a tapestry. Evolving from one quilted piece into another. Nothing is lost only experience gained.

When I divorced, I thought it was the end of my world. Over time I realized that was the farthest from the truth. A single life has brought me more happiness then when I was married for 15 years and I didn’t know it until some time had elapsed.

Keep your chin high. You haven’t lost your friends!

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:37:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Eric, I am truly saddened to hear this.  I haven't met you personally, but you've been every bit the gentleman here and I hate to think of your marriage ending after so long.  My wife and I are only halfway to the 22 year mark you reached, and I can't imagine even now what I would do if she left.
My thoughts are with you.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry to hear this Eric.  You seem like a great guy.

I've been married for less than a year now and can still remember how much fun being single can be.  Hope this doesn't sound selfish, but there are lots of fun things that marriage put on the back burner.  Staying up all night, either working on something with friends or just wasting time playing video games makes most wives unhappy.  So does spending a lot of money on toys such as guns, cars, radio control stuff, etc.  You can now use the sink as a parts washer, fill the entire fridge with meat, beer and pizza with absolutely no concern for her salad or diet crap, and spray paint or solvent in the house without listening to her complain.

Not trying to make your loss seem slight, just trying to help refresh your memory about the distant past.  Hang in there!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Mr. Hun, Sir. I too am deeply sorry to hear about the unfortunate end to your marriage. I too have been a fan of Your writing and wit here, and if not for the many miles in-between, would love to have joined My "brothers" at one of the great Hun get togethers. I can only offer My heartfelt words and thoughts to You about what You are going through, But as I'm sure You know, We are all praying for You and Ms Hun. If you ever make it (Wayinthehell) up north to Michigan, please drop me a line. I would be honored to buy you a round or two over some good conversations.

Respectfully,
Tall(It's a sad day) Shadow
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm truly sorry to hear of this. After meeting you last year at BRC and knowing how you are around here, I suspect you'll be OK. A stronger willed man I've never met.

Good Luck!   I'll buy ya a beer (or two) at GunStock.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Sure LT, there are some 21 year old wimminz around here, but the ones that are unattached are...ummm...how can I put this politely...?

Aw hell, I'll just ship 'em on down to ya...FOB. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, that's a bit of shitty news.
Nonetheless ( "irrigardless" [;)] ), one door closes and another opens.

The way I was thinkin', your hangin' with LT and company, the 'babe' situation is bound to improve across the board with your presence... [naughty]
That's a plus.

The other thing I was pondering...
One guy mentioned a Corvette.  There's a thought.
Maybe hop in the 'Vette and go see Miss_Magnum.
Yeah, that's a good one! [:D]

Whatever you do, we're here for ya.
Take care.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:08:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I am very sorry to hear this news.  We have never met, but I feel as though I know you through this board.

Good luck, and God be with you.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I've been there bro and I understand what you are going to go thru. I just started a new life at 48 with a wonderful woman. I'm really excited about life again after way too long. My advice is to keep your friends close at hand, spend time with your children and grand children and do things purely for yourself for a change. Just do the things you love and a new relationship will come along some day if you want it. I know looking back that I was not making good decisions for at least 2 or 3 years after my divorce so don't jump into any serious relationships just to fill the void.  It's easy to do if you aren't careful. You are for sure at risk for cronic depression. If you feel like things are closing in GET HELP. The help is there and you CAN'T will depression away no matter how strong you are. Sounds crazy but I found that making an effort to be a friend to my X made me feel better too. Hang tight bro....you'll see a brighter day I promise. I did.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry to hear that Hun. Seeing LT's post, I'll be on the prowl for 21 year olds for ya! [naughty]

LT.... well... I dunno about you... hehe
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Dang Hun....I am so,so sorry to hear this....please know that if you ever need to talk with someone that understands what you're going through,..or just listen,you have my number and I am always here for you..You are a very dear and kind friend and it saddens me that you are having to suffer with this. Although we do these things our precious Father allows us to bear no more than we can handle. And in a way we don't know or understand our Father will use it all to strengthen us and bring us closer to HIM. Wayne I know you're a christian of strong faith, and that faith WILL get you through this..competely. As YOU have told me before, "Just trust in the Lord". You are and will be in Tyler and my prayers. May GOD Bless you!!    Russell & Tyler  
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Our thoughts and prayers are with you Eric...
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Sorry to hear it  ... but things always have a way of turning out for the best.  I'm sure they will for you too.

Hang in there.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#25]
JUST read this thread, ETH - I'm flabbergasted!!!  Your gracious and loving attitude pretty much astounds me.  Only reason your demeanor doesn't completely bowl me over is, well, you're you - a Christian gentleman through and through. [0:)]  I would HATE being in your situation - you love her - doesn't sound like she hates you - it's just over.  GRRRRRRR - how frustrating!  At least my divorce was a drunken, drugged out, knock down, drag out between two individuals who often wanted to gut each other - that situation I can understand!! [xx(][^]  Thank God - seriously - that I had sane family to watch out for my oldest (then only) son while me and the ex were battling it out.

I'm rambling - I'll shut up now.

You have my sympathy, empathy, and prayers.  If you need anything, make my phone ring.

EDIT - one more thing Eric - read my sig line!  It can make all the difference! [%|]

If you like anchovies, then this simple snack will please you and offer you a bit of culinary comfort.  If you don't like anchovies, eat this combo anyway - the taste will be so repugnant as to temporarily distract you from your woes. [BD]

Seriously - God bless you.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Sorry to hear this ETH!!! I will keep you in my prayers.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm sorry to hear about your situation ETH.  This is certainly not a ride that anyone desires to embark on.  I imagine that the best thing you can do is to follow it to its conclusion and finally step off at the end with as much grace as you can muster.

Chin up.  This is a great place for sounding off when you want to blow off some steam or just want to jot down some meandering thoughts.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:08:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Sometimes in our lives we all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on.

Please swallow your pride
If I have things you need to borrow
For no one can fill those of your needs
That you don't let show

Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

If there is a load you have to bear
That you can't carry
I'm right up the road I'll share your load
If you just call me

So just call on me brother, when you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on
I just might have a problem that you'd understand
We all need somebody to lean on

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Lean on me...

[b]Eric[/b], you know you have plenty of brothers here to lean on.  I hope and pray the best that this situation can possibly offer happens for you.  

ShakyJake
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Eric,

I'm saddened by this news.  You're right about this being more than a website.  In the time I've been hanging here I've made some friends (One who hooked me up with my first black lower!), including those I've disagreed with from time to time.  That's an interesting point to ponder in this technology, that we can build relationships and care for people that we've never actually met.

We can't control what comes our way in life.  The only thing we have control over is how we respond to it.  Just live each day so you can say you did what was right the best you could.  You know as well as I do it will be imperfect, but a clean conscience goes a long way.  From experience I know this sort of thing isn't easy and I don't have any easy platitudes to cheer you up.  I do know that I've appreciated the company of dogs in hard times.  Nothing more honest than a wagging tail.

I'll lift you up before our Heavenly Father.  Nobody loves you better than Him.

So here's to Eric the (loved by his friends) Hun.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Prayers are always welcome.
View Quote

and you are in mine sir.

I think you will find that a positive outlook is vital. Keep busy and get lots of exercise.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
.......(One who hooked me up with my first black lower!), .........
View Quote

I've gotta stop lookin' at this screen!! I REALLY mis-read that one the first time!![;D]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#32]

ETH... Brother W,

I am truly saddened to hear such horrible news from you. When it comes to women, I have nothing to add to the yawning chasm of emptiness that is a mans knowledge of a woman and how/what/why she thinks the way she does.

So on that note, I can only offer the sincere prayers of a brother in Christ who suffers for one of the Body that is in sorrow and distress. I wish I lived somewhat closer to Tx than I do, as I would love to come shoot with you and commiserate the woes with flying, hot, brass and the acrid fumes of gunsmoke... but my business demands otherwise of me.

May Christ our Saviour guard, guide, and heal you in your time of sorrow and loss W. Perhaps Miz Hun will come to her senses, but dont bet on a woman doing ANYTHING that makes sense.

I am praying for you W.

Your friend and brother,

Paul
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Liberty86, I had to sit back and look that over for a few minutes.

?????????????????????????????????

Then I saw it!  Thanks for the humor.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Eric it ain't over till it's over, I hoping things settle down and somewhere down the line  the both of you can get back together again.

Truly sorry for the both of you man.[:(]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#35]
ETH, I'm sorry this had to happen to you.  do you mind posting (here or in the team forum) what brought it about?  or at least, what her reasons were?  if not, it's understandable.  I hope you're handling it in your heart even half as well as you are on your face.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Eric -

VERY sorry to hear this.

At times like this, it is our faith in our Lord Jesus Christ that pulls us thru.

Far as your wifes heart changing, "with God, nothing is impossible."

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Oh Eric, It saddens me so to read about this most unfortunate passage in your life.  Even though we discussed this issueout at the Farm, it is still shocking to read it here again.

You know how much all of us here love you and will do anything we can to help in your time of need.  I know you have been asking the Father for His devine guidence, and as sure as the sun will rise in the East tomarrow morning, He will hear your prayers and answer every one of them.

God Bless you Wayne.  God bless Miz Hun too, even though she does not appear to be thinking with a clear head right now, I hope the Lord will help her see exactly how big of a mistake she is making with this decision.

You have my number and I would hope you are not afraid to dial it.

Your Friend,
Dave
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#39]
EricThe(Bounce Back)Hun,

My thoughts and prayers are with you in this time of great change in your life. Things will get better, they did for me.

A short story:
I was helping out at my local indoor range copying drivers licenses for the CCW class in session and lo and behold here was my ex(of many years ago)wife's license. I bought her a .380 and she sold it after the divorce, glad I did not own then what I have today. So she comes up to me and says, I should have never sold that gun you bought me years ago. Go figure Ms(AntiGunLiberal)Ex-Forgery is now pro gun! Took her two more marriages to get there though. LOL!!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Eric,

I am saddened and stunned to hear of this news. You will be in my prayers and thoughts. I pray God will show you His will and plan through all of this. All things do work out for the good to them that are called...........

Stand on the promises of God, brother.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#41]
We need to get a computer with internet access together for the Hun.  Anyone have anything that they're not using?  We could probably piece one together fairly easily.  I have a modem I can throw in.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Hun,
That is truly sad news.  My deepest condolences.
The next time you are out here in the buckle of the Bible Belt, arguing a case before the Supreme Court, please be sure to drop us a line.  We'll make a bit of loud noise down at the range, chase a couple of large mouth bass in the back yard, char tasty animals on the barby and consume large quantities of adult beverages.

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Wayne, as always, your brothers are with you.
You are in my prayers.
May the good Lord hold your troubles and soothe your heavy heart.

TXLewis

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Eric, sorry to hear the bad news.  Divorce is always tough no matter the circumstances.  I always enjoy reading your posts and hope there will be many more to read in the future.  I hope we can help keep your spirits up!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#45]
ETH, I am very sorry to hear about this.  Having followed your posts since I landed here (1998), and also having met you at the BRC last summer, I think you are a good man and I also know you will handle it as well as anyone can.  Certainly, the Lord will look after you.  The good and bad can be difficult to reconcile....as bad as we want to figure it out, there are times it's best to just let Him do it.  You will be in my prayers...count on it.  I will see you at Gunstock my friend.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Eric-Very sorry about your wife. I wish you well and hope the best for your future. Stay faithful.

Pete
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#47]

[b]OH!!![/b] Talk about a 2x4 up the blindside of the head!!!

I'm so sorry to hear this. You're a rock of a man to have the attitude you show here.

[b]ETH[/b] you're in my family's prayers as you've been for so many here.

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm sorry.

Good luck.

Hopefully I'll visit Texas before too long and meet guys there.

David
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:05:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Well....ETH, let me extend my ears to you. If you need another [s]friend[/s]  [b]BROTHER[/b] to chat with, I'm a phone call away.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:09:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Im sad to hear of this!
I combat sadness with humor, so...

1. GET YOUR GUNS TO A FRIENDS HOUSE.
2. FILE A RESTRAINING ORDER BEFORE SHE DOES.
3. RECORD ALL CONVERSATIONS WITH HER.
4. GET A LAWYER...Not you, get a MEAN one!

E

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top