Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I cannot remember who said it but to be effective at our trade “you have to accept the fact that you're already dead. “
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Combat is like that - options were to go went left, right, or stay. Soldier went right and most likely died. Soldier went left an lived. Both could have stayed and made it. It was an immediate decision that has eternal results.   anyway, 75% of the casualties I'm seeing could be avoided with camo screens, overhead cover, and discipline.

After being in a region in Iraq that, for a while anyway, was heavily mortared and rocketed I eventually realized that it didn't matter what I did.  If it was my time to get exploded it was my time.

I cannot remember who said it but to be effective at our trade “you have to accept the fact that you're already dead. “

That's what Spears told Blythe in Band of Brothers.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:21:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Amazing to me that the Russians aren’t jamming all that
View Quote

That would require some level of competence and technical sophistication. The Russians have zero of either.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:21:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

There was a good exchange in Band of Brothers about that.

"You're afraid because you still think you're going home"
View Quote

Band of Brothers-Speirs' "Hopeless War" Speech
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:28:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It is sad to see white Christians killing other white Christians, would celebrate if it was Hajis or Mongoloids.
View Quote

Lol. Fuck those godless commie Russians
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:33:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I dont think this is real footage. Looked like a clip from a videogame, not even a good videogame.

The stride of the two men fleeing looks fake.
View Quote

You look fake. Join date 2021, underscore, no ee score, etc. I’m guessing all 86 of your posts have been pro Russian.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You look fake. Join date 2021, underscore, no ee score, etc. I’m guessing all 86 of your posts have been pro Russian.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dont think this is real footage. Looked like a clip from a videogame, not even a good videogame.

The stride of the two men fleeing looks fake.

Um...
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:39:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

#7.5 will bounce off of you at 100 yards. Btdt.

#4 BUCK will not penetrate a jean jacket at 75 yards. Tested it. Besides, at that distance the pattern is too open to hope to be effective against a drone.

The boy's drone gets to 1k feet quick. But you're sacrificing accuracy. It has an "R" circuit or something like that. An RC switch that he can operate a solenoid or other stuff on a 5v circuit, iirc.

Drones are the shit for lots of stuff. They are here to stay and are getting more and more capable.
View Quote

I coyote hunt during the winter in MN, I have killed them stone dead on the run with #4 buck shot with 4 or 5 pellets hit at 70 plus yds many times with a Rem SP10.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

"Today is a good day to die."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
After being in a region in Iraq that, for a while anyway, was heavily mortared and rocketed I eventually realized that it didn't matter what I did.  If it was my time to get exploded it was my time.
I cannot remember who said it but to be effective at our trade "you have to accept the fact that you're already dead. "

"Today is a good day to die."

More Jem'Hadar, less Klingon.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He was right and it worked. What did he do wrong?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A guy I shot with was in the guard.

He said on field exercises they gave him an M-60 and he always climbed a tree with it.

He said 'No one ever looks up."

Wow, just wow... guy played too many video games. And holy shit, his leadership should have been fired on the spot for letting him do that. The National Guard for ya...

He pretty much suicided himself the minute he ripped off a burst with one of the most important weapons at the company level.  No cover and an easy target for any rifleman worth his salt.  Sounds cool but do that shit in real life and you are dead and comprise an automatic weapon.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:51:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There's gotta be an easy way to calculate the height of the drone by the time of fall, but I don't know what it is.
View Quote

560 feet.
5.9 seconds
s = (1/2)gt²

https://www.omnicalculator.com/physics/free-fall
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

1st, the graphics look simulated to me.  2nd, the way the bomb make its way into the picture multiple times as if it's swinging, but stays in place for a second. The camera would have refocused on it as long as it stayed in place.  3rd, if you pay attention at the end, the guys in the trench do not move naturally.  Their legs don't move as if running, but instead kind of float.  Classic AI issue seen in multiple video games over the years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could you explain why you think it is fake? I am curious.

1st, the graphics look simulated to me.  2nd, the way the bomb make its way into the picture multiple times as if it's swinging, but stays in place for a second. The camera would have refocused on it as long as it stayed in place.  3rd, if you pay attention at the end, the guys in the trench do not move naturally.  Their legs don't move as if running, but instead kind of float.  Classic AI issue seen in multiple video games over the years.

When the drone moves forward and then stops the grenade moves like a pendulum, that's why you see that.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I coyote hunt during the winter in MN, I have killed them stone dead on the run with #4 buck shot with 4 or 5 pellets hit at 70 plus yds many times with a Rem SP10.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#7.5 will bounce off of you at 100 yards. Btdt.

#4 BUCK will not penetrate a jean jacket at 75 yards. Tested it. Besides, at that distance the pattern is too open to hope to be effective against a drone.

The boy's drone gets to 1k feet quick. But you're sacrificing accuracy. It has an "R" circuit or something like that. An RC switch that he can operate a solenoid or other stuff on a 5v circuit, iirc.

Drones are the shit for lots of stuff. They are here to stay and are getting more and more capable.

Hmm. Could be combo of load, choke, bbl  length/velocity.

The only reason I tried it was reading Chuck Taylor's article in SWAT magazine back in the 80s when he did all different penetration tests with various calibers. He was having #4 BUCK not penetrate the jacket at 50 yds. I was getting holes at that distance.

This was probably Federal standard velocity, 27 pellets out of an 18" cyl bore 870.

I wouldn't want to get shot with it, though. But don't think a shotgun is going to get it done against a drone 200 yards in the air.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A guy I shot with was in the guard.

He said on field exercises they gave him an M-60 and he always climbed a tree with it.

He said 'No one ever looks up."

Wow, just wow... guy played too many video games. And holy shit, his leadership should have been fired on the spot for letting him do that. The National Guard for ya...

He didn’t think next steps.

In real life, he’d have the element of surprise until he initiated contact/fired the first round and then he would discover he had no cover. Oops! He’d only have a short time to revel in his new found discovery before his ass got shot out of the tree.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#15]
I've been saying this is the future of drones for years. All you really need is a grenade and a servo to pull the pin.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Reading this thread and thinking of the iOS searchable text thread.

Use the cameras ability to identify words and symbols in the targeting of officers or certain units.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

there's the one that has your name on it and those addressed to who it may concern or occupant.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:53:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Zigged when he should have zagged
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:15:08 AM EDT
[#19]
How would a GPD-30 grenade become armed without spinning from being fired in the launcher?

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They can barely keep fuel in their trucks and food. You think they are going to have a "jammer" for every two guys in a random trench?
View Quote

Thats not how it works.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:00:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
expand to full screen and watch you all will see what I mean. This is a fake video.
View Quote

I think you are right. Even the vegetation around the position doesn't look real.  It looks like it is from a model train set.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the drone pulled the bomb out of the sack, gave it a 1, 2, 3, and dropped it?

Looks fake….

Don’t me…

How do you account for  the bomb being moved  in front of the camera 3 times before it drops?

If it was real, the bomb would just be released from its mount.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:30:38 PM EDT
[#24]
~575 feet.    Barbie Math
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#25]
They did look up and were shooting at it... but they sucked at dodging.  At that height the dropped round will be small and fast enough that it's hard to spot to avoid it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:00:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Don’t me…

How do you account for  the bomb being moved  in front of the camera 3 times before it drops?

View Quote

Is that the aggregate opinion you based upon your years of dropping munitions from remote platforms?

These platforms are improvised. A lot of times the servos can move before the release function is actuated. I can see somebody that has trained on this moving and adjusting to meet an index mark on the terrain seeing as how there is no targeting overlay on the camera.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:26:23 PM EDT
[#27]
These are cheap drones dropping improvised munitions. It shouldn't be surprising that the image is grainy and choppy. The munition is glimpsed several times because it is swaying as the operator makes adjustments.

It's surprising that the Russians aren't employing some form of overhead cover. To me, that's an indication of laziness or just stupidity on behalf of their NCOs.  

Over the last decade we've seen drones employed in the ME and elsewhere with pretty good effect.  Cheap, semi-reliable, difficult to defend against, and decent video for propaganda.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They did look up and were shooting at it... but they sucked at dodging.  At that height the dropped round will be small and fast enough that it's hard to spot to avoid it.
View Quote

Maybe it makes a whistling sound on the way down. Can't resist the urge to run.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How would a GPD-30 grenade become armed without spinning from being fired in the launcher?

View Quote
Not sure about this particular one, but I saw other drone dropped grenades with a 3D printed tail fin section with a small propeller/fan that is supposedly supposed to spin arm the fuse.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm writing a grant right now to get some small drones for my tech club at school.  Part of my sales pitch is how being a drone operator is a career of the future.  Perhaps I should add Commie Slayer to the list along with real estate photography and building inspection.
View Quote

@AR45fan Any decent sized semiconductor companies located in your area?
Not directly "drone" related, but quite a few of them have/sponsor robotics clubs.
Example- https://www.microchip.com/en-us/education/first-robotics-competition
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You wouldn't even come close.. Those drones are way out of shotgun range..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3 1/2" magnum Goose loads were made for this sort of thing.

You wouldn't even come close.. Those drones are way out of shotgun range..
My thoughts also, that's a long way away straight up.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#32]
It's great they've modified drones to drop grenades but where are the flying machine guns?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Not sure about this particular one, but I saw other drone dropped grenades with a 3D printed tail fin section with a small propeller/fan that is supposedly supposed to spin arm the fuse.
View Quote

The fins just keep it oriented down wards. The fuses are modified and the centrifugal lock balls are removed to essentially arm them at launch.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Trench warfare looks as brutal as ever.

Separatist forces assaulting a Ukrainian trench. It's pretty crazy what we can witness from battles with all this new video technology.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:40:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It's great they've modified drones to drop grenades but where are the flying machine guns?
View Quote

Dark Angel Hover Drone Fox Promo TV Commercial

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The fins just keep it oriented down wards. The fuses are modified and the centrifugal lock balls are removed to essentially arm them at launch.
View Quote

Do do they detonate on impact, or ten seconds after launch, or what?

These guys seemed to start running just as it landed, as if they heard it land and had quick reflexes.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#37]
1 wtf is a jewelry hit
2 why did warfare go back to trenches
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I’d like to know what kind of commercial drone can carry that payload, and what the mechanism is for releasing it.
View Quote

If those 30mm AGL rounds are as light as I suspect they are, anything from a DJI Mini 2 on up. The Mini 2 would probably be at max power going 5-10 mph with a 10 minute battery life, a Mavic sized drone probably wouldn't be bothered much by the weight.

I've seen separate remote control drop mechanisms you can strap to a drone, but they (the cheap ones anyway) usually have short range like a car door remote.
A better way would be to use a drone with switchable lights, and use the light power circuit to run the trigger.

Remember those little darts we used to shower down upon our enemies?
Imagine dumping 100 of them from a full size professional camera drone. (the ones that look like lawn chairs)

Drone Darts are Silent and Deadly!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Seems a very high intensity green laser would be an excellent piece of kit on a modern Battlefield.
View Quote

Like AntiFacts assaulted the Feds with at the courthouse in Portland?
I can just imagine somebody zooming around in the dark with a FPV drone, zapping Black Bloc and Green Hats (NLG). I'd even pop a can of Coke if they did it to the blue (ACLU) hats after I've seen their disgusting acts of the past two years.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Not for that long...the bomb would be on a very short connection.  The fulcrum point would be too close. It's fake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When the drone moves forward and then stops the grenade moves like a pendulum, that's why you see that.

Not for that long...the bomb would be on a very short connection.  The fulcrum point would be too close. It's fake.

They're not fake

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Don’t me…

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the drone pulled the bomb out of the sack, gave it a 1, 2, 3, and dropped it?

Looks fake….

Don’t me…

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I see. Thanks for explaining it. Ingenious.

I don’t think anything short of nukes is going to beat these guys.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
1 wtf is a jewelry hit...
View Quote
Inquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It is sad to see white Christians killing other white Christians, would celebrate if it was Hajis or Mongoloids.
View Quote
White Christians have been gleefully massacring each other since the Middle Ages.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Twelve O'clock High You are Already Dead
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're not fake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUSxkpd-k9s

OBVIOUSLY FAKE!!!  The bombs will get stuck in the tray and blow up the drone.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:50:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lmao, dude I've been using this site since 2007 for reference on ar15 builds and etc, never joined because they didn't allow free email services at the time for new ar15.com accounts/admission.

I didn't join just for the equipment exchange, this last two years has put a distaste in my mouth for buying and selling anything gun related.

Sorry you're falling for this Smoke Screen (Ukraine conflict) being put in place by Obama/Biden, these dumb sob's can't even control us let alone try and kick off WWIII with Russia. It's funny the Ukraine Conflict/coverage from our MSM got big weeks after Covid restrictions were lifted, gotta keep the lemmings scared!

I'm sure you mean this in Jest, I could reference my other forums I've been on for the last 15 years. I'm not going to, this all doesn't mean shit and I have nothing to prove. sleep well COMRADE!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
its 2022 and the Ruskies still use trench warfare?

LOL
View Quote

Those trenches are gonna be real important with all the new artillery armed at them.....and yes that's their number one threat, even in 2022.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
There's gotta be an easy way to calculate the height of the drone by the time of fall, but I don't know what it is.
View Quote

The lazy man way is to ignore air resistance and plug it into a freefall calculator. I had enough number crunching in STEM undergrad and grad school, so I use lazy man way.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/physics/free-fall

ETA beaten to the omnicalculator punch.
Page / 4
Top Top