[#1]
Govt cannot keep a secret

Like my edit to own this page.

Oh wait.... Dammit!!!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:58:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The govt could not successfully run a lemonade stand.

I vote incompetent assholes.

View Quote

People working for the military (a branch of the government) broke the Japanese codes during WW II.
Most people believe that breaking those codes was more difficult than running a lemonade stand.
People working for (or having worked for) the military kept the secret for years after the war was over.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:18:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ironic

But yeah, risk mitigation, and all that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
conspiracies would be well funded by individual people who keep their hands clean and hire a small bunch of  professionals who enact them.

usually only 1 or 2 would actually concoct plan and coordinate logistics. operators would not know the full story and were even perhaps lied to to gain their help.

financers = powerful people who don't care to know the details, just pay for "something to happen"
planners = folks in powerful positions willing to go rogue on the side who have the expertise and connections to make something happen
operators = folks known and trusted by the planner(s) who agree to go rogue for side compensation

risk mitigation and all of that.

Ironic
Well you won't be getting and truther crap from me, so sorry to disappoint you.

If you even bothered to read my other posts on the event, you'll realize I am far from a truther and in fact despise them.

Jesus pal, you really have a hard on for me, huh?

Explaining how a conspiracy would in theory be pulled off some equals thruther apparently.

Nothing better to do today, huh?

Still butthurt from yesterday perhaps?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:36:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I think there are super secret squirrels in high places (behind the scenes, to mix a metaphor) who have undue influence over the affairs of certain nations.  Bankers, globalists, reptilians, how the hell do I know?

Fortunately, or unfortunately, for us, everybody else in government is retarded and can't get anything done.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:40:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think there are super secret squirrels in high places (behind the scenes, to mix a metaphor) who have undue influence over the affairs of certain nations.  Bankers, globalists, reptilians, how the hell do I know?

Fortunately, or unfortunately, for us, everybody else in government is retarded and can't get anything done.

View Quote

ZOMG! Truther!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:54:45 AM EDT
[#6]
The Bilderburg group approves of this thread
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:56:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I say both!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:57:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

See, it can't be both, it's one or the other, Arfcom finally has to make up its mind!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I say both!

See, it can't be both, it's one or the other, Arfcom finally has to make up its mind!

It can be, and it is both.  There are pockets of conspiracy within the superstructure of incompetence.

Not everyone in government was aware of the NSA, as an example.  The incompetence is what eventually causes the truth to come out.  

Poll fail.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:05:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It can be, and it is both.  There are pockets of conspiracy within the superstructure of incompetence.

Not everyone in government was aware of the NSA, as an example.  The incompetence is what eventually causes the truth to come out.  

Poll fail.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I say both!

Poll fail.

It's both, a few people who are smart enough to manipulate people and influence directions making use of a large group of stupid people.

Also, the poll is tied from my vote.  WWWOOO!!!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:11:39 AM EDT
[#10]
(108)  50%

(108)  50%

Total Votes: 216

Get both.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:12:33 AM EDT
[#11]
IBTL
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:15:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Do not vote..........this is a NSA infiltration thread!!

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:16:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm sure there are people in the government, as with any large organization, that are capable and willing to subvert the resources of the government to suit their own ends.

The questions I have are:

1. Has this happened in the past? I think Watergate and the Federal Reserve are great examples.

2. Is this actively happening now? I think the Federal Reserve and the IRS scandal are great examples.

3. At what point does a person or persons using the government's resources and authority to further their ends, no longer represent the "government"?

I'd argue that since the resources and authority are derived from the government; the actions of the person, no matter how counter they are to the correct scope of governmental authority, are implicitly governmental actions and can be attributed to the government as a whole.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:34:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:35:11 AM EDT
[#15]
They've stopped even keeping them secret & just do what they want. There are too many to even count anymore. Whadddya gonna do about it, huh?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:38:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That would explain how its staying magically perfectly even.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do not vote..........this is a NSA infiltration thread!!

That would explain how its staying magically perfectly even.

Not any more.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:46:56 AM EDT
[#17]

It is not the troops on horseback, it is not the companies afoot, it is not arms that defend the tyrant. This does not seem credible on first thought, but it is nevertheless true that there are only four or five who maintain the dictator, four or five who keep the country in bondage to him. Five or six have always had access to his ear, and have either gone to him of their own accord, or else have been summoned by him, to be accomplices in his cruelties, companions in his pleasures, panders to his lusts, and sharers in his plunders. These six manage their chief so successfully that he comes to be held accountable not only for his own misdeeds but even for theirs. The six have six hundred who profit under them, and with  the six hundred they do what they have accomplished with their tyrant. The six hundred maintain under them six thousand, whom they promote in rank, upon whom they confer the government of provinces or the direction of finances, in order that they may serve as instruments of avarice and cruelty, executing orders at the proper time and working such havoc all around that they could not last except under the shadow of the six hundred, nor be exempt from law and punishment except through their influence.

The consequence of all this is fatal indeed. And whoever is pleased to unwind the skein will observe that not the  six thousand but a hundred thousand, and even millions, cling to the tyrant by this cord to which they are tied.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:48:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I truly believe both options!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:56:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ever see Swordfish...kinda like that.
View Quote

MMMMMM, Halle Berry's tits,
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:57:23 AM EDT
[#20]
The government as a whole: incompetent boobs, barely capable of breathing and walking at the same time.
Elements within the government: ruthless, cunning, capable of many things.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:58:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The Bilderburg group approves of this thread
View Quote

they make the baskets don't they
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:08:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Look who's leading............

And, people actually voted for him.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:21:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
People working for the military (a branch of the government) broke the Japanese codes during WW II.

Most people believe that breaking those codes was more difficult than running a lemonade stand.

People working for (or having worked for) the military kept the secret for years after the war was over.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you familiar with the concept of "open secrets?"  That's what this stuff was right after the war.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:22:16 AM EDT
[#24]
there are too many idiots to adequately cover up a conspiracy
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:25:20 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Explaining how a conspiracy would in theory be pulled off some equals thruther apparently.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

conspiracies would be well funded by individual people who keep their hands clean and hire a small bunch of  professionals who enact them.

usually only 1 or 2 would actually concoct plan and coordinate logistics. operators would not know the full story and were even perhaps lied to to gain their help.

financers = powerful people who don't care to know the details, just pay for "something to happen"

planners = folks in powerful positions willing to go rogue on the side who have the expertise and connections to make something happen

operators = folks known and trusted by the planner(s) who agree to go rogue for side compensation

risk mitigation and all of that.

Ironic

Well you won't be getting and truther crap from me, so sorry to disappoint you.

If you even bothered to read my other posts on the event, you'll realize I am far from a truther and in fact despise them.

I take it you don't get the joke when you see those "I'm not saying it's aliens, but it's aliens" pictures.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:27:37 AM EDT
[#26]
.gov is too stupid to hatch conspiracies
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:29:01 AM EDT
[#27]
This is arfcom. Get both.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:32:11 AM EDT
[#28]
They couldn't even get watergate right. If they can't do that, they can't do anything.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:33:54 AM EDT
[#29]
This poll is a government conspiracy.

The government is full of buffoons.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:54:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Are you familiar with the concept of "open secrets?"  That's what this stuff was right after the war.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How would you know that? By chance were you around? I thought not.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They couldn't even get watergate right. If they can't do that, they can't do anything.
View Quote

Couldn't even sell guns to Mexican drug cartels right. They suck.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:50:27 AM EDT
[#32]
154-154
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I say both!
View Quote

+1  This is actually the case.  Over 87% is choice 1, there are some truly competent people that actually keep things running and get stuff done despite the 87%, and then there are a few in choice 2.  The 87% actually obscure the few secretive/conspiracy types.  IMO, the higher up you go the more likely you are find an evil bastard.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Choose one, choose well.

Explain your position if you dare.
View Quote

Why can't it be both?

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Easiest place to hide is in plane sight.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:25:46 AM EDT
[#36]
It's possible that there are small, closely knit factions in the upper levels of gov't that are manipulating the vast network of buffoonery that comprises the rest of the gov't.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#37]
The upper levels are not idiots.....and it's broken up enough that no one 'cell' knows what the other does.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:01:51 AM EDT
[#38]
(167)  49.6%

(170)  50.4%
View Quote

Interesting.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
fail...no choice for both
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I take it you don't get the joke when you see those "I'm not saying it's aliens, but it's aliens" pictures.

View Quote

Did you personally know someone that lost a friend or family member at Sandy Hook? Because I did. It's real. It happened. The AR wasn't in the trunk. The school wasn't empty that day.

Nowhere did I claim Sandy Hook was a conspiracy on here. I challenge to find where I did.

Take your harassment elsewhere buddy.

If you can't understand the difference between being sick of the Newtown Brigade and actually being a damn truther, I don't even know what to tell you.

This "call everyone a truther" bullshit because it makes me feel like I'm better than everyone is needs to stop around here.

Who the hell are you calling me a truther? Must be easy talking a big game down there from Arkansas.

I'd like to see you tell me to my face. Now that would funny.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#41]
I think it's plausible that certain parts of the government *could* successfully carry out some sort of conspiracy, but I don't buy into the troofer bullshit like 9/11, JFK, moon hoax crap.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Option 3: The government is capable infinitely numerous small conspiracies/secrets.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:14:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Both are 100% accurate.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:14:39 AM EDT
[#44]
The pole is rigged.  Any vote counts toward both.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:12:56 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Did you personally know someone that lost a friend or family member at Sandy Hook? Because I did. It's real. It happened. The AR wasn't in the trunk. The school wasn't empty that day.

Nowhere did I claim Sandy Hook was a conspiracy on here. I challenge to find where I did.

If you can't understand the difference between being sick of the Newtown Brigade and actually being a damn truther, I don't even know what to tell you.

This "call everyone a truther" bullshit because it makes me feel like I'm better than everyone is needs to stop around here.

Who the hell are you calling me a truther? Must be easy talking a big game down there from Arkansas.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You posted a truther video and then said "I'm not say(ing) conspiracy, but I am saying please read, check sources before you assume what you're being fed is solid fact. ...  the local aspect also has to do with the facebook pages that reported kids dead -- a day early... Nobody accidentally reports their kid."

I doubt you would have to audacity to blatantly lie to people in person like you just did.  In case you're wondering what I mean, I put your truther statement in big red letters.

What you did was the "I'm not saying it's x, but it's x" bullshit that conspiracy loons have been doing as long as there have been conspiracy loons, and now you're getting limbered up to throw the "just asking questions" card down.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:16:44 AM EDT
[#46]
There was no selection for "Both"

There are a select few "leaders" on both sides that are definitely in conspiracy with the others. McCain with Reid, Boner with Lugosi (Pelosi), etc...

The rest, like my sister-in-law who works for the USDA, are just "Useful Idiots" (overpaid bureaucrats)
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:37:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Definitely both. Anytime there is power and money involved, there will always be conspiracy. If people conspire over a supervisor position at wally world, what would they do for way more power and money.............sell out an entire nation.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#48]
I think what we "know" about the gov is a very small slice of it and the shit does everyday.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top