Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only gun rights are subject to regulations.
View Quote

Abortion isn't a right.

It is a rite and sacrament - of evil, and liberals, .... but I repeat myself .....
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm am morally against abortion. Unless for the health of mother, a severely deformed child, rape, or incest.

The women getting abortions are not, generally, the type of people that should be raising children. The fact that they want to go to a dirty, ill equipped facility and have a marginally qualified doctor work on them, only re-enforces that belief.   The world is better off without them!
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:38:03 AM EDT
[#3]
So, make abortion easier but gun ownership harder.

The right of abortion is where in the Constitution?

A tiny amount of research can reveal where gun ownership is a recognized right.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm just glad we can finally get back to good ole G D threads....
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quite a number of pro-abortion legislators in the states that passed these laws voted FOR them, folks. Some were even co-sponsored by pro-abortion legislators. Because even most of the pro-abortion side was horrified by the total lack of standards that allowed Gosnell to operate.
View Quote

Lack of standards?  More like complete lack of enforcement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kermit_Gosnell

Anyone with a brain would have turned around at first smell when approaching this place.

Of course it was the DEA who pushed to finally snatch him up.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#6]
#Texit

Lets do this Texas!
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm am morally against abortion. Unless for the health of mother, a severely deformed child, rape, or incest.

The women getting abortions are not, generally, the type of people that should be raising children. The fact that they want to go to a dirty, ill equipped facility and have a marginally qualified doctor work on them, only re-enforces that belief.   The world is better off without them!
View Quote

Well you know what we do, we make passive, reversible birth control a condition of being on welfare.  But guess what, the left will scream about how racist that is and call it eugenics...but hey abortions are a good thing and should be protected.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#8]
<CoC>
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#9]
So let me see if I have this correct....
The NY SAFE act is constitutional because of states rights...even though its completely unconstitutional
Hmmmm....but Texas does not have the same rule applied to it....
Do I have this right? Just want to be sure.
The Tree of Liberty is blighted.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I love how you're determined to save the "children" of people you want to see die starving in a ditch.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:05:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The NY SAFE act is constitutional because of states rights...even though its completely unconstitutional

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#14]
"Liberals - Brave enough to kill our unborn children, just not brave enough to kill our enemies."
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
"Liberals - Brave enough to kill our unborn children, just not brave enough to kill our enemies."
View Quote

"Conservatives - If you're preborn you're fine, if you're preschool you're fucked."
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s49.photobucket.com/user/clinck/media/Internet/Roberts%20Senile_zpshxokodyd.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f297/clinck/Internet/Roberts%20Senile_zpshxokodyd.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s49.photobucket.com/user/clinck/media/Internet/Roberts%20Senile_zpshxokodyd.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f297/clinck/Internet/Roberts%20Senile_zpshxokodyd.jpg</a>

That's also why Thomas' dissent is so spot on.

The court, mostly on the left side, has a goal and writes a decision to fit that, not the law.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
From Thomas' dissent, and why you'll never see such a spirited defense of the 2A from SCOTUS

View All Quotes
Quoted:
From Thomas' dissent, and why you'll never see such a spirited defense of the 2A from SCOTUS

If our recent cases illustrate anything, it is how easily the Court tinkers with levels of scrutiny to achieve its desired result. This Term, it is easier for a State to survive strict scrutiny despite discriminating on the basis of race in college admissions than it is for the same State to regulate how abortion doctors and clinics operate under the putatively less stringent undue-burden test. All the State apparently needs to show to survive strict scrutiny is a list of aspirational educational goals (such as the “cultivat[ion of] a set of leaders with legitimacy in the eyes of the citizenry”) and a “reasoned, principled explanation” for why it is pursuing them—then this Court defers. Fisher v. University of Tex. at Austin, ante, at 7, 12 (internal quotation marks omitted). Yet the same State gets no deference under the undue-burden test, despite producing evidence that abortion safety, one rationale for Texas’ law, is medically debated. See Whole Woman’s Health v. Lakey, 46 F. Supp.3d 673, 684 (WD Tex. 2014) (noting conflict in expert testimony about abortion safety). Likewise, it is now easier for the government to restrict judicial candidates’ campaign speech than for the Government to define marriage—even though the former is subject to strict scrutiny and the latter was supposedly subject to some form of rational-basis review. Compare Williams-Yulee v. Florida Bar, 575 U. S. ___, ___–___ (2015) (slip op., at 8–9), with United States v. Windsor, 570 U. S. ___, ___ (2013) (slip op., at 20).

These more recent decisions reflect the Court’s tendency to relax purportedly higher standards of review for lesspreferred rights. E.g., Nixon v. Shrink Missouri Government PAC, 528 U. S. 377, 421 (2000) (THOMAS, J., dissenting) (“The Court makes no effort to justify its deviation from the tests we traditionally employ in free speech cases” to review caps on political contributions). Meanwhile, the Court selectively applies rational-basis review— under which the question is supposed to be whether “any state of facts reasonably may be conceived to justify” the law, McGowan v. Maryland, 366 U. S. 420, 426 (1961)— with formidable toughness. E.g., Lawrence, 539 U. S., at 580 (O’Connor, J., concurring in judgment) (at least in equal protection cases, the Court is “most likely” to find no rational basis for a law if “the challenged legislation inhibits personal relationships”); see id., at 586 (Scalia, J., dissenting) (faulting the Court for applying “an unheard-of form of rational-basis review”).

These labels now mean little. Whatever the Court claims to be doing, in practice it is treating its “doctrine referring to tiers of scrutiny as guidelines informing our approach to the case at hand, not tests to be mechanically applied.” Williams-Yulee, supra, at ___ (slip op., at 1) (BREYER, J., concurring). The Court should abandon the pretense that anything other than policy preferences underlies its balancing of constitutional rights and interests in any given case.

That bears repeating, and not just in this case.  The courts are political bodies, just as much as the legislature.  The only difference is that they don't have to worry about being voted out.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Can anyone tell me why we need abortion past 8 or 10 weeks (as a standard, exceptions always exist) for any case? Any case at all?

Rape? Catch it before 10 weeks.

Incest? Catch it before 10 weeks.

Medical necessity? A much smaller need than most will admit, but a valid one. I can see an exception there.

I am against it in every shape and form. It simply shows the moral depravity of our country when it is easier to kill someone than it is to take responsibility for your actions.  Or force someone else to take responsibility for theirs.

Want to keep abortion around to keep welfare low? Cool, I guess we should execute the homeless and single mothers on WIC too. Gotta save that money, right? Who cares who dies.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Good.
View Quote

A win for science and intelligence, yes.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

"Conservatives - If you're preborn you're fine, if you're preschool you're fucked."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've yet to hear of any Conservatives advocating the killing of preschoolers.  Sounds like the stupid crap that Sanders voters come up with.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Bullshit. I am not really a supporter of abortion but that law and similar laws are stealth attempts to end the practice. It isn't about "safety". It is attempt to end it through regulation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so we don't actually care whether abortions are safe or not.

I hope texas ignores the ruling.

that's what Obama does.

Bullshit. I am not really a supporter of abortion but that law and similar laws are stealth attempts to end the practice. It isn't about "safety". It is attempt to end it through regulation.

You say that like it's a problem.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Research "Gosnell" and you will see what a lack of regulation leads to in this field.  It's a surgical procedure--and the ONLY one with no surgical standards being applied.  It's insanity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's what Obama does.

Research "Gosnell" and you will see what a lack of regulation leads to in this field.  It's a surgical procedure--and the ONLY one with no surgical standards being applied.  It's insanity.

Pro Choice also means if you want to go to the clinic that has the big ass coat-hanger out front run by "Dr. Nick" then it's their choice to make. Why should I care?

The one and only thing I care about is not having to pay to raise someone's else's kid so they can continue the cycle of welfare, spawning more, and the associated crimes and incarceration....Rinse and repeat.

If mom dies or is made incapable of bearing children in the aftermath of the process that's called  "The Deal of the Day" as far as I am concerned.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:33:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

56 million abortions since Roe v Wade figure roughly 28 million female pre-born babies brutally killed....
View Quote

That 56 million would have made another 100 million kids, IF they stop at kid #4 and only have 1 sexual paterner(which never possible).

And those 100 million would have already reached breeding age, that's another 200 million people.

All of them 350 million have to eat and shit everyday.

How many Einstein's you are gonna get out of them.

You think the welfare is bad now.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Murder on demand.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't know about the case, I'm just here to say FUCK SCOTUS. When a few lawyers feel one way the constitution has an different meaning? We need serious judicial reforms and we need them now.
View Quote

You're right; a few Harvard lawyers striking down perfectly good laws because of a 200+ year old scrap of paper is no way to run a country.  The sooner we dump this lame excuse for a Constitutional Republic and adopt a theocratic dictatorship, the better off everyone will be.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:49:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If mom dies or is made incapable of bearing children in the aftermath of the process that's called  "The Deal of the Day" as far as I am concerned.
View Quote

Serious question then - what's to prevent some butcher from setting up shop and performing abortions in a manner that pretty much guarantees the woman will never be able to conceive or carry a child to term again?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

"Fucked" by who?  Your trite platitude makes no sense.  

Are you saying conservatives are not happy paying for other people's kids?  Why should we?  Can you come up with just ONE reason why other people's kids should be my responsibility?  I'll wait . . .
View Quote

You're attempting to tell someone who may not be able to afford a child that they must have it.  Even if you put it up for adoption, are all you magnanimous conservatives going to pay for proper medical treatment during the pregnancy?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You think that this ruling can be applied elsewhere...to support gun rights?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's what Obama does.

Yes. It's a shame people here can't recognize this tactic since it's the favorite democrat method of gun control.

I don't see how people aren't picking up on it either. This is the exact same tactic they're trying to employ on us with gun control. This is a useful ruling that should be applied elsewhere.

You think that this ruling can be applied elsewhere...to support gun rights?  

No.... what?    The tactic employed in Texas is the same as used by the liberals when they don't like something.   "Sure, it's legal.  But we regulated all the businesses you need to do it out of existence so it might be a little hard to ACTUALLY do this legal thing".   Of course they wont apply this ruling to what they like regulating.  Just like we won't support enacting 'safety' regulations on dealers and ranges that effectively shut their doors.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
No.... what?    The tactic employed in Texas is the same as used by the liberals when they don't like something.   "Sure, it's legal.  But we regulated all the businesses you need to do it out of existence so it might be a little hard to ACTUALLY do this legal thing".   Of course they wont apply this ruling to what they like regulating.  Just like we won't support enacting 'safety' regulations on dealers and ranges that effectively shut their doors.
View Quote

Except gun dealers and manufacturers already have to comply with local and state regulations that cover similar businesses.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

If our recent cases illustrate anything, it is how easily the Court tinkers with levels of scrutiny to achieve its desired result. This Term, it is easier for a State to survive strict scrutiny despite discriminating on the basis of race in college admissions than it is for the same State to regulate how abortion doctors and clinics operate under the putatively less stringent undue-burden test. All the State apparently needs to show to survive strict scrutiny is a list of aspirational educational goals (such as the "cultivat[ion of] a set of leaders with legitimacy in the eyes of the citizenry”) and a "reasoned, principled explanation” for why it is pursuing them—then this Court defers. Fisher v. University of Tex. at Austin, ante, at 7, 12 (internal quotation marks omitted). Yet the same State gets no deference under the undue-burden test, despite producing evidence that abortion safety, one rationale for Texas’ law, is medically debated. See Whole Woman’s Health v. Lakey, 46 F. Supp.3d 673, 684 (WD Tex. 2014) (noting conflict in expert testimony about abortion safety). Likewise, it is now easier for the government to restrict judicial candidates’ campaign speech than for the Government to define marriage—even though the former is subject to strict scrutiny and the latter was supposedly subject to some form of rational-basis review. Compare Williams-Yulee v. Florida Bar, 575 U. S. ___, ___–___ (2015) (slip op., at 8–9), with United States v. Windsor, 570 U. S. ___, ___ (2013) (slip op., at 20).

These more recent decisions reflect the Court’s tendency to relax purportedly higher standards of review for lesspreferred rights. E.g., Nixon v. Shrink Missouri Government PAC, 528 U. S. 377, 421 (2000) (THOMAS, J., dissenting) ("The Court makes no effort to justify its deviation from the tests we traditionally employ in free speech cases” to review caps on political contributions). Meanwhile, the Court selectively applies rational-basis review— under which the question is supposed to be whether "any state of facts reasonably may be conceived to justify” the law, McGowan v. Maryland, 366 U. S. 420, 426 (1961)— with formidable toughness. E.g., Lawrence, 539 U. S., at 580 (O’Connor, J., concurring in judgment) (at least in equal protection cases, the Court is "most likely” to find no rational basis for a law if "the challenged legislation inhibits personal relationships”); see id., at 586 (Scalia, J., dissenting) (faulting the Court for applying "an unheard-of form of rational-basis review”).

These labels now mean little. Whatever the Court claims to be doing, in practice it is treating its "doctrine referring to tiers of scrutiny as guidelines informing our approach to the case at hand, not tests to be mechanically applied.” Williams-Yulee, supra, at ___ (slip op., at 1) (BREYER, J., concurring). The Court should abandon the pretense that anything other than policy preferences underlies its balancing of constitutional rights and interests in any given case.

I wonder when Thomas will be murdered suffer a life ending medical issue.

Can't have the Uncle Tom point out the Imperial .gov's wearing no clothes. I weep for the state of our government.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Murder on demand.
View Quote

The abortion issue is not amenable to simplistic solutions and facile slogans.

The vast majority of people in this country are highly conflicted about abortion. They don't like it in principle, but they can see situations in which it might be necessary.

To call it "murder" is to exclude any justification. If you take that position, you will find yourself in a very lonely place.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Serious question then - what's to prevent some butcher from setting up shop and performing abortions in a manner that pretty much guarantees the woman will never be able to conceive or carry a child to term again?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't say other than I'd suspect there would be a civil suit.  

Truth be told I'd not care one way or the other.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Some people here are fine with these disingenuous end-run regulations when it matches their political goals (anti-abortion), but we sure don't like it when the libs try end runs around 2A.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good.

Because Louis Pasteur was a crank, right?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:04:00 PM EDT
[#39]
They managed to step in and remove restrictions on a made up right to abortion, but refused to step in and remove restrictions on gun rights which is spelled out in the bill of rights.

Tell me how the world's not out of control.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
That 56 million would have made another 100 million kids, IF they stop at kid #4 and only have 1 sexual paterner(which never possible).

And those 100 million would have already reached breeding age, that's another 200 million people.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

56 million abortions since Roe v Wade figure roughly 28 million female pre-born babies brutally killed....

The problem is not reproduction, it is rewarding them for bad behavior. Stop welfare and the problem fixes itself. Using abortion to lessen welfare rolls is analogous to putting a band-aid on a sucking chest wound.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

The vast majority of people in this country are highly conflicted about abortion. They don't like it in principle, but they can see situations in which it might be necessary.

To call it "murder" is to exclude any justification. If you take that position, you will find yourself in a very lonely place.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Murder on demand.

Fine, let's go with homicide. There are times that it's justifiable, let's just not pretend that it's like having a mole removed at the dermatologists office.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
These labels now mean little. Whatever the Court claims to be doing, in practice it is treating its “doctrine referring to tiers of scrutiny as guidelines informing our approach to the case at hand, not tests to be mechanically applied.” Williams-Yulee, supra, at ___ (slip op., at 1) (BREYER, J., concurring). The Court should abandon the pretense that anything other than policy preferences underlies its balancing of constitutional rights and interests in any given case.
View Quote

I wonder how disillusioned he must be after all these years watching these 5-4 rulings grind out where only 2 or 3 justices actually give a good god damned what the law really says?   His speeches and rulings show a hint of distain for it all these days and I can't blame him one bit.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:09:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I love how you're determined to save the "children" of people you want to see die starving in a ditch.
View Quote

Oh there it is..... the starving in a ditch theme.   Where are they?   All these ditch starvations?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Not if I didn't fuck her.  Funny how that works!  YOU pay for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you saying conservatives are not happy paying for other people's kids?  Why should we?  Can you come up with just ONE reason why other people's kids should be my responsibility?  I'll wait . . .

You're attempting to tell someone who may not be able to afford a child that they must have it.  Even if you put it up for adoption, are all you magnanimous conservatives going to pay for proper medical treatment during the pregnancy?

Yeah and peeps are just falling all over themselves to adopt children of the demographic that tend to get the majority of abortions.

Hell they will go overseas first and find them a Hispanic, Chi-Com, or Russian kid.

In one breath you say you don't like abortion and in the other you claim you don't want to pay for welfare kids. WTF....Is that some kind of retarded  "Duality of Man" thing?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They managed to step in and remove restrictions on a made up right to abortion, but refused to step in and remove restrictions on gun rights which is spelled out in the bill of rights.

View Quote

It is, the question is.... what is going to be done about it?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except sterility is a known potential side-effect and the woman signs off on that when filling out the disclosure paperwork.

There may also be SOL issues, what if she doesn't try to get pregnant for a few years after the abortion?  Not all women who get abortions use them as a casual method of birth control.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Oh there it is..... the starving in a ditch theme.   Where are they?   All these ditch starvations?
View Quote

The pregnant ones or just in general?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:19:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

So it's about the money, not the welfare of the child?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texit.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:21:36 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Yeah and peeps are just falling all over themselves to adopt children of the demographic that tend to get the majority of abortions.

Hell they will go overseas first and find them a Hispanic, Chi-Com, or Russian kid.

In one breath you say you don't like abortion and in the other you claim you don't want to pay for welfare kids. WTF....Is that some kind of retarded  "Duality of Man" thing?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We could just abort the parents once, then we wont have to deal with the multiple abortions they would have.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top