Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Dupe

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Hornady-Manufacturing-now-Requires-the-Jab/199-2495357/
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Dbl tap
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Everyone on this board would have complied. We just have the luxury of Monday morning quarterbacking it. You too would have been a Nazi in WWII.

Jordan Peterson did an amazing speech on this too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Everyone on this board would have complied. We just have the luxury of Monday morning quarterbacking it. You too would have been a Nazi in WWII.

That’s a bold statement
What else would I be?
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:21:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well it is a fucking medical experiment. Gene manipulation not so much. But it very much the fuck is an experiment and if you don’t see it as such you are either a brain dead moron or a liberal troll.

Nice avatar theft by the way.
View Quote

Is it an experiment though?  Just because I'm against any and all Mandates does not mean I am against the vaccine and willing to lie about it to get my way.

And moral convictions were irrelevant in the 1930s Germany. It was comply or die and the majority of people complied. Even those those didn't eventually complied. As a jew and Hispanic it's pretty unfair to compare today to living in 1930s Germany.

It's more like living in pre communist Venezuela where we know what's going on but all we do is talk about it and never take action.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Man, the xiden regime has done a great job getting the gun community to destroy itself from within so rapidly with a simple stroke of a pen. Well done, he appreciates your cooperation in helping further his agenda.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So this was sent Oct. 11 and this is the first anyone has seen it outside Hornady?
No Hornady employees posted this notice on any forums anywhere 10 days prior to today?
No firearms publications or internet sites have covered this?

Color me skeptical,  but to much fake stuff is posted without verification, and the pitchforks have already come out here I see
View Quote

I saw this over a week ago from a friend in the industry. So it's not new, it's just now getting shared here.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That’s a bold statement
What else would I be?
View Quote

98% chance you and I both would have been nazis.  Even as a jew the odds of me compling in 1930s Germany would have been high.  It's just something that repeats over and over. We have luxuries.

I think this is the right lecture give it a look if you'd like.

https://youtu.be/Vknhe2CbvmI

Hornady should just say no.

The Ordinary Men experiment also pretty interesting.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Notice how OSHA has not even come out with a guideline? Get people to comply by fear...
View Quote

This is what real dictatorial power looks like.  Trump had nothing on this.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:26:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm also done buying Hornady products bullets after this. The least they could have done was mention the possibile exemptions. Or even offered testing as an option, which they don't. Instead they are trying to force their employees into complying with their personal beliefs. I'll choose to spend my money with a company who doesn't try to bully their employees.

Unfortunately this sucks for me. I shoot a ton of Hornady bullets. They probably make up 90% of the bullets that I buy for reloading. I'm not looking forward to having to work up new loads for everything, but it is what it is I guess.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been rarely buying HDY for years because many of their products are inferior. But today they made the list.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Basically any company that has over 100 employees and government contracts are going to have to do this.  Going to be a lot of people refusing and out of work.  Not a good thing.  FJB.
View Quote

They don’t have to.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:47:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
another company to add to my boycott spreadsheet
(Google docs is free!)
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Winchester?
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"There is nothing you can do to avoid this."  - Steve Hornady

Uhh fuck you Steve, me quitting is doing something to avoid this.  Get fucked

I hope they fold from lack of employees
View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:55:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Even as a jew the odds of me compling in 1930s Germany would have been high.  

View Quote

You're no countryman of mine and never will be. Click.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:01:45 PM EDT
[#16]
What it should have said:

Dear Hornady Employees,

Biden is trying to pull some bullshit and we told him to fuck off and die. Get the shot if you want to, don't if you don't.

See everyone tomorrow, and Fuck Joe Biden.

-Steve Hornady
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

In the case of the EO, "force of law" is irrelevant. It becomes a case of follow the FAR clause or lose the contract.  And yes, the govt can mandate a contract mod in the sense they can issue a mod and you either agree, negotiate an agreement or they cancel the contract.  If you are on a contract that is task order based they can refuse to issue further task orders until you show compliance.  Pitch a bitch and they will be more than happy to turn away and give the work to the other guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And neither has the force of law. It's optional. All Hornady has to do is not negotiate that clause into their EXISTING contracts. The .gov cannot mandate a contract mod, it doesn't work that way.

In the case of the EO, "force of law" is irrelevant. It becomes a case of follow the FAR clause or lose the contract.  And yes, the govt can mandate a contract mod in the sense they can issue a mod and you either agree, negotiate an agreement or they cancel the contract.  If you are on a contract that is task order based they can refuse to issue further task orders until you show compliance.  Pitch a bitch and they will be more than happy to turn away and give the work to the other guy.

Not so much. Most .gov contracts have cancellation clauses that cost the .gov a LOT of money, which is why they cancel precious few of them. Any time a contract mod is requested, it costs the taxpayers money. Every. Single. Time. Besides, there is no FAR clause yet and won't be until it gets published in the Federal Register, public comment is received, and all the other provisions of the Administrative Procedures Act is followed. Right now, it's a bluff and far too many companies are falling for it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Equine excrement. Speak for yourself, Mr. Quisling.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Well it is a fucking medical experiment. Gene manipulation not so much. But it very much the fuck is an experiment and if you don’t see it as such you are either a brain dead moron or a liberal troll.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I in before someone who would go to a chiropractor calls this a medical experiment or gene manipulation?

The shots are more properly referred to as gene THERAPY.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:09:09 PM EDT
[#20]
If these commies wanted to, they could break their companies up to 99 employees, but they'd rather bend the knee.

You can only bend the knee so many times before that ACL gets torn and you can't bend far enough.  You'll wish you stood from the beginning.

Commie fucks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for sharing, just cancelled a high dollar Hornady purchase.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Not so much. Most .gov contracts have cancellation clauses that cost the .gov a LOT of money, which is why they cancel precious few of them. Any time a contract mod is requested, it costs the taxpayers money. Every. Single. Time. Besides, there is no FAR clause yet and won't be until it gets published in the Federal Register, public comment is received, and all the other provisions of the Administrative Procedures Act is followed. Right now, it's a bluff and far too many companies are falling for it.
View Quote

Totally.fucking.wrong.

I've been winning and managing fed contracts for over thirty years and you are just wrong.  I've done dozens of contract mods that were either no cost to govt or actually resulted in reducing contract value.  I've had several projects cancelled by the govt at various stages and the only recourse was negotiating an equitable settlement based on actual expenses incurred.  I've had contract specs changed more times than I can count and I could only ask for more money by showing them actual costs incurred, which since the COVID shots are free I suspect that would be negligible.  I've also had to swallow a bitter pill on govt mods I didn't agree with or face contract cancellation.  For IDIQ contracts, good luck getting further task orders or contract renewal.  You simply have no idea what you are talking about.

You are also wrong about the whole "Federal Register" stuff.  What has happened through the EO is that the FAR Council has drafted a contract clause that is to be included in future contracts through "deviations" provisions developed by the major contracting agencies.  So far the DOD, GSA and VA have published their deviation guidance to their contracting officers.

For DOD "The DoD Deviation also allows contracting officers to insert its COVID Clause into contracts under the Simplified Acquisition Threshold and already-issued solicitations as well as using bilateral modifications to insert it into already-existing contracts and task and delivery orders."  From the article linked below.

Link to good article explaining things

Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:11:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Equine excrement. Speak for yourself, Mr. Quisling.
View Quote

Put yourself in 1930s Germany as a German citizen. WWI is over. But that doesn't stop the world and League if Nations from completely destroying your economy and attempting to embarrass you for generations to come. A man comes along and fixes shit. Economy doing better than ever. But you step out of line you're not executed. Your whole family is executed in front of you. You know what's going on but you choose to stay quiet. Since we have the luxury as I said to look at what happened, we can see what happens when the majority complies.

The meme I was replying to implied that select people would have complied in 1930s Germany. Which if we were all in 1930s Germany no matter what you believe right now would have most likely complied. Which is why it's a cop out and not a truly fair comparison. We are in America, not 1930s Germany.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You're no countryman of mine and never will be. Click.
View Quote

Well I'm an American not a 1930s German. So while i did get vaccinated I will not now nor will I ever support a mandate. But I also will not act like it's equivalent to 1930s Germany where compliance wasn't even necedary since the population was cool with it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There is no mandate. It's just a press release. No rule has been promulgated, and there is nothing to enforce.

Fuck Hornady for this. Assholes.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Correct.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:42:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
another company to add to my boycott spreadsheet
(Google docs is free!)
View Quote

The irony in this post is so thick you can actually see it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Exactly, there is no mandate, there is no law, this is all bullshit
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:44:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link to speech?
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:47:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Decide whether they want to arm the people (ala PSA) or the tyrants.
View Quote

This, 100% ^^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:54:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't work for the Fed or are a Fed contractor, are you?
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:54:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Never Mind.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:57:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The lawsuits are going to be epic.

Among other things.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Naive for putting myself into an untenable position for my principles, and looking down on others for not doing the same?  Ok.

Putting a target on my back and expecting to lose isn't naive.   However, pretending that an American business doesn't have the same responsibilities as any other American turns my stomach.
View Quote

I'd fucking kiss you right now.  In a purely platonic way.  Well said.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:09:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Because of that, I won't buy their products anymore.

I realize most the big manufacturers will all probably do it, but they were among the first and I can cut them out so I will.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:03:57 AM EDT
[#35]

That should be sent to Hornady's email.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:04:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm surprised they cite the proposed OSHA requirements and not the Executive Order for Federal Contractors. I can't imagine Hornady not doing business with the Federal Government or any Company that has Federal contracts.
View Quote

And there is yet to be an actual OSHA requirement issued.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:11:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Just deleted the Hornady ballistic app off my phone. My days of buying Hornady products  ended today.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:33:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I bet almost all large gun and ammo manufacturers will be doing this so most of you can protest yourself into a new hobby.
View Quote

It’s called bullet casting, in fact.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:48:43 AM EDT
[#39]
You guys and your feigned outrage, hahahaha!

You sound like emotional left win… what the fuck?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:52:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Link to speech?
View Quote

It's a lecture he gave and expanded on it in an interview.

I am not saying anyone here is a nazi nor sympathizer. I am saying 1930s German citizens are not 2021 American citizens.

https://youtu.be/Vknhe2CbvmI
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:56:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You guys and your feigned outrage, hahahaha!

You sound like emotional left win what the fuck?
View Quote
When a CEO is telling his employees there is nothing you can do to not get the shot the outrage is real.

Sorry we're not cool enough to not give a fuck about anything like yourself.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:02:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Good thing there's other ammo manufacturers to buy from.
View Quote
They will have a vaccine mandate too.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:24:44 AM EDT
[#43]
It's so odd that no entity, no institution or individual with the power to help us, is doing so.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:36:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The shots are more properly referred to as gene THERAPY.
View Quote

Not true - mRNA vaccines do not modify or modulate the genome of the vaccine recipient.

In order for viral RNA to be integrated into a host cell genome, it must first be transcribed into DNA by reverse transcriptase, which is then inserted into the host genome via transposition. This occurs within retroviruses such as HIV, which is why it is so difficult to treat (along with it's immunosuppressive qualities).

The purpose of the mRNA vaccines is to induce the manufacture of SARS-CoV-2 spike proteins by ribosomes within cells in order to elicit an immune response. mRNA stands for messenger RNA, which serves as a transcript that can be "read"  by the ribosome and translated into protein (in this case, a spike protein).
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:25:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Not true - mRNA vaccines do not modify or modulate the genome of the vaccine recipient.

In order for viral RNA to be integrated into a host cell genome, it must first be transcribed into DNA by reverse transcriptase, which is then inserted into the host genome via transposition. This occurs within retroviruses such as HIV, which is why it is so difficult to treat (along with it's immunosuppressive qualities).

The purpose of the mRNA vaccines is to induce the manufacture of SARS-CoV-2 spike proteins by ribosomes within cells in order to elicit an immune response. mRNA stands for messenger RNA, which serves as a transcript that can be "read"  by the ribosome and translated into protein (in this case, a spike protein).
View Quote

Don't bother.  Anyone still thinking this is gene therapy is beyond reasoning with.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:37:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What are they supposed to do?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Not today, Mr. Moderator.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:04:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Well, that’s disappointing.

I have some PD ammo of their’s I’ll have to spend.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:06:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Well honestly what do you expect them to do?
View Quote
Break his company into 99 employee entities.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:44:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
"There is nothing you can do to avoid this."

Get fucked
View Quote

I mean, unless you're willing to escalate to things that aren't CoC-compliant, ultimately there isn't anything that can be done to avoid it.

Hornady, apparently, is not willing.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:53:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Well, what’s Black Hills up to?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top