BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A poster over at illinoiscarry said they called the governors office today and the response from the person they spoke with was that the governor had not yet decided on his position on the bill.  I could see him not wanting to signal too much in advance, but I hope this doesnt get traded for something else he wants done.
View Quote
Fucking Illinois politics
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:22:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I ask the Rock River rep at the NRA show about it . He claimed ignorance.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:29:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Still waiting for the official stance and clarification from RRA & SA.  Guess a really good bullshit cover story takes some time to work up.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Their silence... it's deafening...
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Towards this matter or just in general?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#6]
TFB says...firearms, not politics (paraphrased)

(in the comments)

P.S Please consider supporting them on Patreon.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
TFB says...firearms, not politics (paraphrased)

(in the comments)

P.S Please consider supporting them on Patreon.
View Quote
Classic TFB
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Great picture from TFB's article (SPONSORED BY GRIP-ZONE /not serious) on the XD-e

pls photoshop. thnx

ETA: I'm joking about the article being sponsored.

"Defend your Treason"
"Defend your Quisling"
"Defend your Derp"
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I was gonna buy a Springfield 1911 here in the future.  Looks like I'll buy a SIG.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well I was gonna buy a Springfield 1911 here in the future.  Looks like I'll buy a SIG.
View Quote
You misspelled Colt
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:12:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

A poster over at illinoiscarry said they called the governors office today and the response from the person they spoke with was that the governor had not yet decided his position on the bill.  I could see him not wanting to signal too much in advance, but I hope this doesnt get traded for something else he wants done.
View Quote
I don't think Rauner has really done anything pro or anti 2nd. He's a wildcard but he payed lip service to gun owners during the election.  I think at the end of the day he'd veto it. but who really knows?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm buying a pistol in 2 weeks, and the EMP was on my short list. Not anymore.
View Quote
Save your money and get a Dan Wesson ECO.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't think Rauner has really done anything pro or anti 2nd. He's a wildcard but he payed lip service to gun owners during the election.  I think at the end of the day he'd veto it. but who really knows?
View Quote
I'd like to think he'd veto it based on his campaign of adding jobs and supporting 2A.  He welcomed changes to our CCW but then again it took a federal ruling for the state to adopt CCW in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Timely AR15.com email giving away a SAINT
View Quote
Saw that and started laughing my ass off
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Les Baer left Illinois for Iowa years ago ....
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:55:49 PM EDT
[#16]
So where's the Gofundme to raise money to buy the SA name and equipment when it's worth 10% of their current market cap?

I'm in for $20
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Love to see Armalite move here but not any Quislings
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#18]
- NVM
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#19]
The lack of response from NRA is disgusting specially during the NRAAM.  I refused to renew my membership earlier this year because the amendments, boy I'm glad.

member since 2007.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'd like to think he'd veto it based on his campaign of adding jobs and supporting 2A.  He welcomed changes to our CCW but then again it took a federal ruling for the state to adopt CCW in the first place.
View Quote
he gave lip service during his election but he's never been tested. I don't think it's getting out of the house but if it does Rauner should veto it. 

@Swanhunter  He'd know better than I. I'd like to know what Todd Vandermyde has to say about it as well. 
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This is what I don't understand.  The news only broke a few days ago but the events leading up to this fiasco started weeks ago, long before anyone was attending the NRA meeting or before tornadoes and flooding hit the Canton area.  If RRA is truly claiming ignorance then their first action should have been to fire that lobbyist and issue a press release stating that he acted without their knowledge or consent, which would have taken all of five minutes.
View Quote
I have said it before and I said it again, but the timing of it all with the NRA show and especially with SA releasing a new CCW handgun all seemed way too convenient.

One of the posters here in this thread , I think it was this thread, said he was at the NRA show and talked with some people at the RRA booth.  The RRA people knew nothing about it.  The poster her alluded to some shenanigans going on behind the scenes.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yes, the irony of that going out today was not lost on us.

Posting in this thread as opposed to the ones in the IP forums.

At this time we do not have a defined position. While it's very easy to jump to conclusions, it is very possible for things to happen like this when companies are focused on a large event like SHOT and NRA. When the SAFE ACT was passed in NY, not only were firearm companies laser focused on the SHOT Show, but everyone else as well. When we found out, we were completely floored, so yes it's possible they did not know. (Or more possible that someone knew, but not the rest.)

Politicians are the enemy here, so focus hate on them first. I know RRA is making a formal statement tomorrow and dealing with this as they return from the show. We will reach out to them afterwards and discuss the core of that conversation openly. After that, we will make a decision based on what we feel is right for the community. We will do the same with Springfield. Our Second Amendment rights are not up for negotiation and those who feel they can gain from sacrificing freedom are dead wrong.

As many of you know, we had a large Tornado hit the Canton area this weekend and have been focused on helping locally. That will continue today and while I realize that this issue is burning within many of you, we must give our neighbors and friends the help they need.
View Quote
Thank YOU for a statement/reply Goatboy.. :
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'd say he hit the nail on the head!
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Holly Hell FSA makes sense now; You see the past was telling us Fuck Springfield before we even knew this would happen.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This needs to be blasted all over social media and the big wigs like MAC and Mrgunsngear need to get on it....
View Quote
I've been all over it on Instagram. We're traveling for NRAAM. 

We are planning a live broadcast this week on Facebook to delve into the details. Meanwhile, you can see where I sit in the fray at:  http://www.instagram.com/militaryarms.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It doesn't have to be only the NRA. Put pressure on Cabelas, Bass Pro, Academy...etc. they could all put a stop to their orders.

This isn't an NRA thread, keep on point
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We need to put pressure on the NRA to stop supporting / running any ads from Springfield otherwise they're condoning this.
LOL.  The NRA won't put speak out against random NRA A rated politicians to pass pro gun bills.  You're smoking rock if you think they're going to speak out against big time paying members of the NRA.
Become a voting member and change it.
Oh, you mean like me? A voting member since 1994? A voting member that burns vacation time and goes to the capitol? A voting member that is at the capitol when the NRA rep claims to be there and she isn't there?

That type of voting member? 
BOOM! If the NRA gave a shit they would pull all ads and would have packed up the Springfield booth and kicked them out. All I've seen in Florida is them begging for more of my money with nothing to show for it. Repub house, senate, and Governor!!!! Let's see if they have Springfield ads in next months magazine.
It doesn't have to be only the NRA. Put pressure on Cabelas, Bass Pro, Academy...etc. they could all put a stop to their orders.

This isn't an NRA thread, keep on point
Point taken.
Anyone enter the ARCOM drawing for the new Saint.....
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#28]
The end of day 4 and still nothing???
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Les Baer left Illinois for Iowa years ago ....
View Quote
Yup... but he's a man of his word. 
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The lack of response from NRA is disgusting specially during the NRAAM.  I refused to renew my membership earlier this year because the amendments, boy I'm glad.

member since 2007.
View Quote
Stay as a member. We might have three to four Arfcommer running for the board next year.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks like Rock River has released a statement:

http://www.rockriverarms.com/images/pdfs/RRA_Stmt17.pdf

For immediate release: May 1, 2017

Rock River Arms, Inc.® (RRA) wants to assure the Illinois (and national) firearms community that we are
still 100 percent opposed to the Gun Dealer Licensing Act - SB1657, the house version of the same bill,
and any potential final legislation that may come from those bills along with any other infringements on
the gun rights of law-abiding citizens everywhere.

For more than twenty years, Rock River Arms and Springfield Armory have actively opposed gun control
legislation at the local, state, and federal levels. In 2009, we partnered with other manufacturers to form
an organization geared towards representing our interests - The Illinois Firearms Manufacturers
Association (IFMA). Historically, that organization has done well in representing us in Springfield, Illinois.
We had no reason to believe that it was doing anything beyond representing the firearms community’s
(Illinois firearms manufacturers, dealers and gun owners) best interests, keeping us well-informed on
relevant legislation and issues, acting on our behalf. In the case of SB1657, there was a disconnect and
that representation was misguided.

While we do believe that IFMA acted in what it felt was the best interests of its members, we were as
shocked as everyone else to find ourselves exempted from provisions of SB1657 and that IFMA was no
longer opposing that bill, even though RRA still opposed it.
Again, Rock River Arms wants to emphasize (regardless of anything that may have been said or done,
mistakenly or otherwise, by any other party on our behalf) its continued total opposition to SB1657, the
Illinois House version of the bill and any final legislation that may emerge. This includes any provisions
found in Gun Dealer Licensing Act SB1657, along with any other threats that may infringe upon our gun
rights.

If you have any further questions or require more information about our position, please contact:
Sarah Larson, General Manager or Steve Mayer, LE, Government, and International Sales Manager
at 309-792-5780.

Thank you.
Chuck Larson
President/Owner
Rock River Arms, Inc.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Win Saint.
Auction off.
Give money to pro-2nd A group in IL.
View Quote
I like how you think.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#33]
I haven't seen this posted yet.   RRA released a statement via their website

https://www.rockriverarms.com/images/pdfs/RRA_Stmt17.pdf

https://www.rockriverarms.com/
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't see where they fired the IFMA.  Are they still a member?

ETA:  They still don't address the month long "disconnect."
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
To little to late. Notice they didn't fire the lobbyist. I don't believe them and it looks more like they are trying to use plausible deniability while retaining their exemption in the bill in case it does pass. 
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
To little to late. Notice they didn't fire the lobbyist. I don't believe them and it looks more like they are trying to use plausible deniability while retaining their exemption in the bill in case it does pass. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did not have sexual relations with that woman. It depends on what the definition "is" is.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Didn't say they fired them so they still support the shit birds.

Boycotting both rra and sa
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#38]
GoatBoy to defend RRA in 3, 2, 1...
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
GoatBoy to defend RRA in 3, 2, 1...
View Quote
I don't think site owners are personal friends of the owners of RRA like they are another company that we're not allowed to talk badly about anymore. 
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's my take.  Until the lobbiest gets canned I am not buying the we don't agree with this.  Particularly in light of the fact that the deal was cut over a month ago.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Continuing to support IFMA plus stand with Springfield Arms in doing so.

I guess that about says all anybody should ever need to hear...
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:46:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I haven't seen this posted yet.   RRA released a statement via their website

https://www.rockriverarms.com/images/pdfs/RRA_Stmt17.pdf

https://www.rockriverarms.com/
View Quote
Doesn't strike the right tone with me.  If it's true that the IFMA lobbyist went rogue on them, then they need to throw him under the bus, and then back it over him again for good measure.  Words like "misguided" and "disconnect" lack conviction, and leads me to believe that RRA and SA are indeed guilty of what people here are accusing them of.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#43]
I've got 2 complete RRA lowers. What uppers should I put on them? Sure as hell wont be RRA.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. Just throwing it out there for all to see.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Continuing to support IFMA plus stand with Springfield Arms in doing so.

I guess that about says all anybody should ever need to hear...
View Quote
Action always speaks louder than words...
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Statement from SA

http://blog.springfield-armory.com/springfield-armory-statement-regarding-gun-dealer-licensing-act-sb1657
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That's my take.  Until the lobbiest gets canned I am not buying the we don't agree with this.  Particularly in light of the fact that the deal was cut over a month ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's to late for that. They fucked themselves completely by standing with SA and their lobbyist. If they fire them now it's only because of the pressure the industry is putting on them and not because they are upset with his actions. Total bullshit by 2 of my favorite companies that I've supported for almost 20 years. Neither of them will ever see another cent from me and I'll do my best to make sure no one I know buys their shit. 
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Lemme get this straight.
They come out with their vehement opposition statement after they secure themselves an exemption by dropping their opposition which allowed the legislation to move forward...
Fuck them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#49]
To hell with RRAs press release. Nothing but trying to CYA and contain the fallout. They should withdrawal from IFMA and/or fire the lobbyist.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Statement from SA

http://blog.springfield-armory.com/springfield-armory-statement-regarding-gun-dealer-licensing-act-sb1657
View Quote
Funny how they both release a statement at the same time... It's almost like they had to get their stories straight. Note neither company fired their lobbyist!

Something fucking stinks and their stories aren't adding up. 
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top