Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 72
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#1]

Space flight will never cease to amaze me.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Another example of why using USAF ranks for Space Force is nonsense.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ding ding, ding ding, Dragon arriving.  

Another example of why using USAF ranks for Space Force is nonsense.

Exactly.  I hope that wasn’t lost on the two Colonels
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#4]
What was the issue with the suit?  I couldnt hear because my kids wouldnt shut the fuck up
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:45:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What was the issue with the suit?  I couldnt hear because my kids wouldnt shut the fuck up
View Quote

Bob's suit pressure was a little low after they did the checks on it when they suited up before docking.  They wanted him to check out things as he was taking it off to see if something wasn't fastened and sealed correctly.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bob's suit wasn't at optimal pressure, it was still safe in the event of depressurization though. They asked him to check his zippers to see if they were in the correct position and it sounds like both the zippers on his wrists were not fully zipped.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#7]
The NASA feed of the Astronaut working is mildly awkward
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:57:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Woot! VR cameras!
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:59:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:03:11 AM EDT
[#10]
From the launch yesterday to today, they make it look like they have done this 100 times.

Good work.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
From the launch yesterday to today, they make it look like they have done this 100 times.

Good work.
View Quote

They have in a simulator
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#12]
This is awesome, thank you OP.

God Bless America and President Trump along with Master Elon.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They have in a simulator
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good work.

They have in a simulator

They’ve been doing this with the dragon 1 for some time now
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They have in a simulator
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good work.

They have in a simulator

During the Apollo missions they would do their dance routines for months and months. I’d imagine these guys have done so many practice iterations they lost count.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Roscosmos director gave a really good short congratulatory speech on Twitter, welcoming the US back to manned space flight, saying it is good to have alternate means for "us" to get into space, and that he is certain that the success of this mission is for the good of all mankind.

Pretty mature of him, really, hinting the Russians might want to bitch a ride with us in the future and making it clear their rockets are still available for our use. Let's see if this tweet link feature works...

Edit. Nope, of course not.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#16]
“Please collect your belongings before exiting the spacecraft. We hope you’ve enjoyed your flight, and hope that you consider SpaceX for your future travel needs”
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#17]
How long till they open the hatch?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Roscosmos director gave a really good short congratulatory speech on Twitter, welcoming the US back to manned space flight, saying it is good to have alternate means for "us" to get into space, and that he is certain that the success of this mission is for the good of all mankind.

Pretty mature of him, really, hinting the Russians might want to bitch a ride with us in the future and making it clear their rockets are still available for our use. Let's see if this tweet link feature works...

View Quote

I had heard somewhere that there is going to be some sort of seat swapping deal between us and the Russians once operational Commercial Crew flights get going (American astronauts flying on Soyuz still, and Russians flying on Dragon/Starliner).
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I tried LOL
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:20:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

ROSKOSMOS
@roscosmos
Message from Sergey Krikalev, Managing Space Program Executive Director, on the occasion of the successful launch of the Falcon 9 launch vehicle with the Crew Dragon manned spacecraft and its crew.

For those that don't know who Sergey Krikalev is.

ETA:
If I was Elon Musk, I would tweet, "The trampoline worked! w00t!".
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#23]

Russian COLLUSSION!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I had heard somewhere that there is going to be some sort of seat swapping deal between us and the Russians once operational Commercial Crew flights get going (American astronauts flying on Soyuz still, and Russians flying on Dragon/Starliner).
View Quote
Fine, as long as they pay us as much as we had to pay them.   Plus a little extra for a newer vehicle.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:25:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Cool screenshot

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Roscosmos lauds manned SpaceX launch, says it won’t sit idly & promises ‘interesting’ response

Musk himself couldn’t resist gently needling the Roscosmos chief Dmitry Rogozin shortly after Falcon 9 lifted off.

“The trampoline is working,” he quipped in a tongue-in-cheek reference to Rogozin, who joked back in 2014 that the US should be ready to send astronauts into orbit using gymnastics equipment if it ever sanctioned Russia’s space industry.

More
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Roscosmos lauds manned SpaceX launch, says it won't sit idly & promises 'interesting' response

Musk himself couldn't resist gently needling the Roscosmos chief Dmitry Rogozin shortly after Falcon 9 lifted off.

"The trampoline is working," he quipped in a tongue-in-cheek reference to Rogozin, who joked back in 2014 that the US should be ready to send astronauts into orbit using gymnastics equipment if it ever sanctioned Russia's space industry.

More
View Quote
That's awesome.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

ETA:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ROSKOSMOS
@roscosmos
Message from Sergey Krikalev, Managing Space Program Executive Director, on the occasion of the successful launch of the Falcon 9 launch vehicle with the Crew Dragon manned spacecraft and its crew.

ETA:

My gut tells me Krikalev and Rogozin don't get along at all.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#31]
tracking

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#32]
~30-min to Dragon Hatch Opening.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:27:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Haven’t seen the Russian guys at all.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sergei Kirkalev is a member of the Astronaut Brotherhood, with 6-missions, and 803-days in space.
He has time on the Mir (TM-7, TM-12, and TM-13), Space Shuttle Discovery (STS-60), Space Shuttle Endeavour (STS-88), and the International Space Station (Expedition 1, where he quite literally turned the lights on for the first time & Expedition 11).
"An Astronaut's Astronaut" if you will.

Dmitry Rogozin is a politician, and is well known as being 'generally disagreeable'.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Sergei Kirkalev is a member of the Astronaut Brotherhood, with 6-missions, and 803-days in space.
He has time on the Mir (TM-7, TM-12, and TM-13), Space Shuttle Discovery (STS-60), Space Shuttle Endeavour (STS-88), and the ISS (Expedition 1, where he quite literally turned the lights on for the first time & Expedition 11).

Dmitry Rogozin is a politician, and is well known as being 'generally disagreeable'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has time on the Mir (TM-7, TM-12, and TM-13), Space Shuttle Discovery (STS-60), Space Shuttle Endeavour (STS-88), and the ISS (Expedition 1, where he quite literally turned the lights on for the first time & Expedition 11).

Yup.

I honestly can't figure out why Rogozin would even have been appointed over Roscosmos.

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Opening hatches now.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#37]
I am SHOCKED to see an adjustable wrench in use on the ISS.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:43:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Final hatch open in about 15 minutes but keep watching in case it happens early.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#39]
"negative. we're wrapping up ops....."
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#41]

74 & 75 are planned "room additions"?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#42]
About three minutes
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's pretty great. Much better response than expected!

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Fine, as long as they pay us as much as we had to pay them.   Plus a little extra for a newer vehicle.
View Quote
During the whoopla on Wednesday's not-launch, some airhead on social media asked why we are taking 19 hours to get to the ISS when the Russians only take 6.
The Soyuz gets there faster because the astronauts find Soyuz capsules to be smelly, cramped, and all around no fun.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Dragon hatch open!
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#47]
hatch opened!
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Hatch open
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Is that an IPad they're using?
Page / 72
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top